[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should nice, older, Christian gentlemen be legally required

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: GenGay.png (379KB, 666x940px) Image search: [Google]
GenGay.png
379KB, 666x940px
Should nice, older, Christian gentlemen be legally required to make wedding cakes for godless homosexuals?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/14/colorado-gay-wedding-cake-case/

If young people are more atheistic will we increasingly see this become law?
>>
File: 1489741011686.png (322KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1489741011686.png
322KB, 720x540px
>nice
>thinks people deserve to burn in hell for loving relationships with consenting adults
hmmmmmmm
>>
Well it's not much different than kicking someone out of your restaurant because they're on a same-sex date. Pretty shitty and unnecessary just because you think your make-believe magic sky fairy thinks they're icky.

But I don't understand why anyone would want to force business owners to serve them. Not only does that entail paying them money, but also they'll probably spit in your cake as they're baking it. Or put some other unhygienic substance in it. Not a good idea.
>>
>>8751909
No, they shouldn't. They should be required to justify their bigotry in their religion as I'm pretty damn certain they won't be able to do it against a competent arguer.

Religion is a personal conviction, and I support the rights of people to have their religion vociferously. That does not extend to making your personal conviction public and attacking, whether passively or aggressively, others through that action.

This shit is seriously on the same level as "Should we allow people who are lefthanded to hold a Bible?!?". That's how stupid this will sound in 100 years.
>>
>>8751909
Idk, should we neglect basic human rights?
>>
>>8751921
>tolerant and inclusive
>forces Christians to make cakes of things they're uncomfortable with, under threat of unemployment, bankruptcy, homelessness and persecution
>>
>>8751909
>Young adults are less supportive of religious freedom protections
>religious freedom protections
Call it what it is. Freedom from forced labor.
>>
>>8752023
Well imagine turning down loans for gay married couples that show up to a bank where the head loan officer says he doesn't serve gay people.
>>
>>8752091
So why do Christians have to serve Blacks in restaurants but not gay people?
>>
>>8752087
>tolerant and inclusive
>sees a valid community of functioning humans as disgusting and is openly smug about them being tortured for an eternity
Sorry you were forced to acknowledge gay people as humans with rights
>>
>be gay
>legally can get married
>majority of people don't care
>go to bakery
>specifically pick one that doesn't want to bake a cake for you
>INSIST they bake the cake
>sue them for refusing
>choose to make a political point out of your wedding
>???
>profit
>>
>>8752109
If you don't like it, maybe you should go to another bakery. I don't like gay bars, that's why i don't go into them
>>
>>8752114
>specifically pick one that doesn't want to bake a cake for you

Maybe for people in the rural midwest (where this is the most likely to happen at all) there aren't any other bakeries to choose from
>>
>guy won't bake a cake
>ask straight friends to go in and order it for you

didn't even have to waste time looking for an ambulance chaser
>>
>>8752125
>there aren't any other bakeries to choose from
This isn't the Vatican you massive faggot. Plenty of othee people would've baked that cake
>>
>>8752114
read the article. The people helping them plan the wedding suggested the bakery; they knew nothing of its anti-gay views. Marriage for gays wasn't legal in Colorado at the time but a state anti-discrimination ordinance re: sexual orientation was on the book.
>>
>>8752128
Why should gays be burdened in access to some stores and not others in a way others are not? Absent a uniform system of discrimination where businesses openly displayed their lack of service to some specific groups, allowing this would be chaos.
>>
>>8752123
I would personally go to another bakery, but it's a larger issue at stake. People have religious freedom, but they cannot use their religion as an excuse to be shitty to people or deny them business. Do you want Muslim bakeries denying service to women? Southern black baptist bakeries denying service to white people? That's just not how things can work.
>>
File: 088549_5689438.jpg (155KB, 1080x1052px) Image search: [Google]
088549_5689438.jpg
155KB, 1080x1052px
>>8752140
learn to pick your battles, fight smarter not harder etc
>>
>>8752142
They weren't being shitty. They explained that they're devout Christians and simply wouldn't feel comfortable making the cake. They even suggested other local bakeries in the area.
It's their business, and all businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
>do you want Muslim bakeries denying service to women
If that is their culture, and they do it in their own countries , i don't particularly csre
>>
>>8752142
>People ... cannot use ... an excuse to ... deny them business.
Yes they can.

>That's just not how things can work.
Yes it is, in a free society.
>>
Depends on the situation. I think a business has the right to provide the services they wish to serve within legal reason. If a cake shop doesn't want to make a gay wedding cake, the gay couple can go to another cake shop, or make their own cake. However the employee is fucked if he doesn't want to make the cake, even though the company offers and accepts the order for a cake for a homosexual wedding.

Long story short: You don't make gay cakes, no problem, I'm going elsewhere. You offer gay cakes, but don't deliver - then we got a problem.
>>
>>8752087
Well then close the fucking shop and fuck off back to church you stupid nigger
>>
File: 1492318377964.jpg (52KB, 421x467px) Image search: [Google]
1492318377964.jpg
52KB, 421x467px
>>8752167
Would pound your faggy face into the ground you disgusting poo pusher
>>
>>8751909
>religious freedom

You mean christfag freedom? I am sure you don't approve of Muslims wearing hijabs or living their lives strictly according to islam?

Your freedom ends when you start infringing on others right and as a business, most companies are required to treat their customers equally.

Can't handle that? Close your store and fuck off to your hick town in alabama
>>
>>8752154
Look, I know that for you religion is a wholesome and factual part of your life. But you have to understand that for an increasing majority, that religion is just a fairytale that gives you a righteous reason to hate people. It's not the middle ages. "Because god said so" isn't a good enough reason to hate them. They have to wrong you in some measurable way. Otherwise you have zero moral high ground here.
>>
>>8752176
IOUs for asskickings is all you pasty toadlets are ever good for.

Enjoy my Remington up your ass if you ever try.
>>
>>8752162
>within legal reason
Circular logic.
>>
>>8752176
>posts kkk as christian

lol you proved my point basement dweller cocksucker. Now go and suck off your pastor
>>
>>8752185
how is making someone do something cause you think it's fake any different than them making someone do something cause they think it's real?
>>
If they own the business, they can run it as they please.
>>
>>8752205
The burden of proof lies with religious people who have concocted these stories of hatred and hellfire. They have yet to prove anything so, as rational people, we have to conclude that reality is real and nonreality isn't a good thing to make a country's laws from.
>>
>>8752191
>Circular logic
What I meant by that is that the company cannot do illegal things
>>
>>8751909

This whole debate will end when a Christian bakery goes full Deus Vult and puts cyanide in the cake.
>>
>>8752219
Exactly. Your opinion is it should be legal if it's legal.
>>
Would you really feel comfortable eating food made against the chef's will? I sure as hell wouldn't.
>>
Christians should have their organs removed against their will without anesthesia and sold on the black market.
>>
>>8752290
That's one way to give trannies new bodies when brain transplants come in.
>>
>>8751909
>people are being told to do their jobs!?
>>
>>8752290
Hi China.
>>
>>8751909
If I own a business next to the business that doesn't serve gays then I lose business, should I be able to sue for lost revenue?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.