[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for gays and lesbians: If you could take a pill or whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 79957_full.jpg (60KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
79957_full.jpg
60KB, 675x1000px
Question for gays and lesbians: If you could take a pill or whatever that makes you straight, would you? I often read that gays and lesbians say they didn't choose their orientation (makes sense) but that they would have chosen to be straight if they could.

The reason I'm asking is kind of silly but my therapist said I have a dangerously low libido, which may be related to low testosterone. I'm asexual and although I'm worried that the lack of sex drive might cause my depression and lack of motivation (like he said it's possible), I'm afraid of taking testosterone doses to increase my sex drive (afraid of changing that aspect of myself).
>>
>>8735882
>If you could take a pill or whatever that makes you straight, would you?
No, I have no need to become a worthless savage.
Although if such a pill did exist, there would not be a choice since everyone would be forced to take it.

Only disgusting traitors take the pill.
>>
>>8735882
I wouldn't. For several reasons that may be a bit complex to explain, and I'm too lazy to try here and now.
>>
>>8735882
I feel kind of ashamed for being gay a lot, but I'd still be scared to take a pill that would change my sexuality; it would change who I am, I just can't see *me* being happy with a girl and I feel like I wouldn't be myself if I was
>>
and give up the perks that come with it
lmaono
>>
>>8735882
>chosen to be straight if they could
means if they could find a girlfriend
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>8735888
>>
>>8735882
I wish I could be more attracted to guys but I don't want my attraction to girls to be any less.
t. bisexual
>>
>>8735888
This.
>>
>>8735882
There's a flaw in your analogy, which you yourself pointed out: you have other health issues going on, which make it hard to construct a good analogy. I understand that, when it comes to depression, your alternative is to go on a grand tour of psychiatric drugs, which may also affect you in unpredictable ways.
You could look at it this way, though: you already want to change who you are, or you wouldn't be considering this at all. But that's a tricky business, and you may not have much control over exactly which changes you get---not to mention, you'll only be able to judge the changes in their own context, i.e., after the changes have already taken effect.
>>
>>8736014
Correct. Yeah it was probably a bad analogy. I guess I'm worried in general about going from pretty much zero to a normal horny level (which I guess I have never experienced). The idea of changing my mind through meds (or anything really) is scary to me, even if the result is becoming "normal" with all or some of its perks. I'll have to discuss it more with my therapist (and also get a blood test to see if really my testosterone being low is the problem).
Thanks everyone who answered, this is a survey I wanted to do regardless.
>>
>>8735882
I'm a FtM guy, meaning I am artificially maintained at healthy male T levels, and I'm still asexual.
Taking T might not change anything for you either. In any case, provided the treatment is just T shots, you can stop it any time you want and you'll revert back to what you are now.
>>
>>8736132
I see, thanks. That's good to know
>>
File: 1502948313425.jpg (77KB, 540x419px) Image search: [Google]
1502948313425.jpg
77KB, 540x419px
I'm a lesbian, but if I could I would turn straight in a fucking heartbeat. Straight cis girls have life on tutorial mode. I'm a 25 year old kissless virgin, I can't even imagine what it would be like just to be able to dress up semi nice, go to a bar, and wait for some gorilla man to sweep you off your feet and pay for all your shit.
>straight girls didn't go through their school years confused and ashamed
>straight girls could experiment with relationships without being a target for bullies
>straight girls can easily give their aging mom the grandkids she desperately wants
>straight girls can still be their father's pride and treasure
>straight girls are defended by all of society, protected from all harm and dissonance
>straight girls can hang out with other straight girls without being seen as some perv predator
>straight girls can have a fun time with straight guys who don't see them as prudish dykes
>straight girls are the master race

I don't care if I'm a traitor. I. Hate. Being. A. Lesbian.
>>
>>8736267
Im a bi cis dude but very much this.

Being straight or turbogay wouldn't have much of an impact on my life, so nah, I wouldn't take it. I would still be me. And romantically/sexually I am irrelevant to this world.
>>
>>8735888
This
>>
>>8736267
>Straight cis girls have life on tutorial mode.
As if all AFAB's don't.
>>
>>8737691
Don't make this into a pissing contest
You'd win because I don't have a benis
>>
>>8737755
Exactly.
>>
File: 1502978531665.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502978531665.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>8737775
I'm glad we agree
>>
>>8735882
Well I have been gay for a long time now and have spent years getting used to and accepting it that it'd be too jarring if I could just turn straight. Idk how to date or fuck women and if I tried I'm sure I'd be a turbo autist because that's something most people start learning when they're teenagers. I'd have done it when I was younger but it'd be too much of a lifestyle change now.
>>
>>8735882
You probably just need to let go of your ego and the way you've made 'asexuality' or really just 'low libido' such a strong part of your identity. Fuck identity, fuck the ego. You're low test is effecting more than that it's probably messing with depression and other shit. Just take it.

On that I'd probably take a pill just to make my life easier. But I'm single right now. So the fuck do I know
>>
No, I wouldn't. I'm doing well and in a happy relationship and I see no reason to change.
>>
I'm a lesbian who isn't self-hating. I like who I am, I wouldn't be me if I weren't gay. So, no.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.