[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trans so fucking unstylish? You do realise part of passing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

Why are trans so fucking unstylish? You do realise part of passing it to try and dress good, not like some frumpy granny looking bitch
>>
durr durr who has better style some1 wiff a lifetime of experience or som1 with a years worth

sage
>>
File: wenn579257.jpg (38KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
wenn579257.jpg
38KB, 500x471px
>>8728644
Because they are basically straight men, who lack sensitivity toward color/fashion/social cues.
>>
>>8728644

it kinda makes sense

when we were growing up, our fashion was pretty bad, and that's with it generally being mostly controlled by our mothers, at least early on. We had time to learn how and when to wear makeup, as well

trannies on the other hand are all just starting this at once. Even the ones who crossdress are not really getting the full hang of it, generally

male fashion- which they've been wearing- is pretty meh. Dark shirt, blue jeans, and you're done. A large coat if it's cold or wet outside. So being dropped straight into women's fashion can't be easy for them
>>
>>8728663
Yah, must be that.

The 20 years of social pressure, nittering, magazines, and familiar feminine instruction are totes worthless, after all.
>>
>>8728644

some, trannies are, some aren't, were individuals
>>
>>8728696
>So being dropped straight into women's fashion can't be easy for them
Well if they actually were female brains in men's bodies then they would be reading women's fashion magazines and experimenting with makeup and hairstyles like cis women do.
But they don't.
So they must just be fetishists.
>>
>>8728736
Middle class white moms are not representative of all women tbqh
>>
>>8728736
>Well if they actually were female brains in men's bodies then they would be reading women's fashion magazines and experimenting with makeup and hairstyles like cis women do.

Because societal and familial pressure doesn't exist right?
>>
>tfw no cis girl to coach me on dressing so I don't look like shit and embarrass myself / make people uncomfortable when starting out

I'm trapped in boymode forever
>>
i'm a male and I dress good, although that's subjective of course, but I could at least be considered fashionable and up to date

trannies have no excuse of "oh well men can't dress well and I used to be one!" get your fucking act together
>>
>>8728773
>blah blah blah blah

I grew up in a highly conservative rural area and I've still been experimenting with fashion and makeup since 13. If you can't do it irl you can always read up about it on the internet. Its also not that hard to start from scratch, just pay attention to how cis girls your age dress and take mental notes.
>>
>>8728736
that's really sexist to say that being a real woman means reading fashion and experimenting with makeup and hairstyles

Women of all sorts exist, and we often have phases. Growing up, I rejected things like makeup and standard women's fashion because honestly screw gender roles

then I realized that I actually enjoy it- and that being against gender roles doesn't mean I can't choose to follow them, so long as I actually have the choice.

A lot of us aren't really femme growing up- so why should trans women be? Especially given pressure from society and family
>>
>>8728916
>wear sisters clothes
>get beaten by father for it
>do it again
>get beaten harder
>mom says it's wrong
>dad says it's disgusting
>parents take me to church and pastor tells me I'm going to hell if I keep doing it
>sister makes fun of me relentlessly
>scared little kid that just wants to be normal and loved
>do everything to not express feminine feelings
>don't do those things my heart tells me to do because I don't want to want to do those things, I just want to be accepted and normal
>this leads to severe dysphoria that causes me to transition as an adult when I'm free from my family and can take my own needs into account

Guess I'm just not tru trans
>>
>>8728644
I just have my own style, messy hair, cargo shorts, tshirts, converse and oversized flannels. I don't care if that's not stylish because I like it
>>
>>8728780
here's what you do, anon

pay attention.

Just as you're going out through your day, watch what women wear. Pay attention to things like the kinds of outfits, the color combos, how they do their hair with it... and try and think of what you want to look like.

Don't just have a general idea of "I want to dress like a girl", because we have a lot of fashion types and that won't help you. Look around, try and figure out what kind of girl you are.

Do you wanna go for the more punky look? Or how about being femme? Being androgynous or even slightly masculine can look really good on some girls, though I can understand why you might shy away from that.

And no matter what you look like, you're probably gonna be self conscious at first, since you're still getting used to dressing like a girl. That's fine.

Makeup is a bit trickier, but not all looks will really do it. If you want to try it out, I'd recommend going to a good makeup store near you, they can generally show you how to properly apply it. After that, just do a lot of practice.

and for gods sake, do not make expensive makeups your primary makeup. That'll rack up really quick, especially early on when you're learning. Go to walgreens or whatever and get some cheap stuff. Neutrogina works well I've found, and it is pretty easy on your skin.

and make sure to look for your age group, otherwise you'll stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>8728984
oh, and regarding makeup, less is definitely more. That caked up look that you see on instagram isn't attractive in the meatspace.

If you're going for a more androgynous leaning look, you might decide not to wear any at all, or just small amounts. This is becoming more common

and honestly fuck blush, I haven't ever really managed to understand it.
>>
File: 1502756365083.png (233KB, 400x414px) Image search: [Google]
1502756365083.png
233KB, 400x414px
>>8728981
>cargo shorts, tshirts, converse and oversized flannels

holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>8728984
>Just as you're going out through your day, watch what women wear.

and be a pleb? just read up on fashion, icons, etc, it's not that hard. go to your local vintage shop and see what's in
>>
>>8728981
>le forever alone

kek
>>
>>8729032
>>8729046
yeah, what do you wear then?
>>
>>8729044
if she's just starting out it's much better to just watch and try it out

trying to emulate high fashion and icons will generally be really expensive, and not good unless you already know what you actually like

going to a local shops is good too. I still suggest starting off by just watching other women, because it'll give you a larger variety of looks. Sometimes the thing that looks best with you isn't currently trendy.
>>
>>8728968
>what is dysphoria
>>
>>8729067
not fucking dyke core
>>
It's because we don't learn it gradually growing up like cis women do, so especially hons with no social consciousness or cis female friends in their lives will not know how to navigate female social codes. Hence the epidemic of 40+ year olds dressing like they're 12.
>>
>>8729107
so, fitted shirts, skinny jeans and flats?
>>
>>8729101
trans women don't get shamed for being a man, they get shamed for being too feminine as a man
>>
>>8729128
rick owen raf simons usually what i'm dressed in
>>
>>8729159
looool you know I'm right, you're bland as fuck, no style
>>
>>8728981
I propose we call this dudehon style
>>
>>8728984
100% seconding all of this. Also higher end makeup is great, but NOT for starting out dear god. Pro tip: Sephora does free one-feature makeovers, and can do more with a $50 purchase commitment (which is like 2 items, if you're starting out get foundation/powder/concealer that matches skin tone because a good base goes far). Ask for everyday looks. Then PRACTICE. Makeup is a skill and an art.
>>
>>8729172
To say gender isn't real is idiotic, and it makes you sound like your notion of gender comes from skimming radfem literature

Gender is a social construct. What this means is, despite being created by humans (generally men), it's real in impact

There are also biological tendencies behind it, which is why the gender roles are very similar throughout the world- there may be some differences, but they're very similar.

Gender shouldn't be looked at as a binding thing, and you shouldn't let it control you.

it's pretty obvious that you don't actually know what you're talking about
>>
File: kurt-cobain.jpg (71KB, 462x750px) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain.jpg
71KB, 462x750px
>>8729186
It is already known as "Grunge"
And it is just further evidence of the inherent laziness of AGPs.
They don't even try to pass because all they have energy for and motivation is fapping.
>>
>>8729233
Also idiot anon is completely ignoring body dysphoria
>>
>Gender is a social construct.

Let me break this down for you

>biological sex
male and female

>gender identity
innate, comes from the brain

>gender roles
created by society and varies from culture to culture. This is the ONLY part of gender that is a social construct.

Saying broadly that gender is a social construct is simply wrong.
>>
>>8729012
Blush is about 2 things: cheekbones and blending. Highlight the cheekbones, but blend it well so you don't look like a snapchat filter
>>
>>8729245
>gender identity
>innate
citation fucking needed
>>
>>8729241

I was more just focusing on the feminist notion of gender identity because terfs tend to mess it all up, and it portrays the actual argument in a horrible light.

They think gender constructs mean that trans women are men, when I would actually argue it to favorable to trans people

the notion that gender is a social construct, especially with regards to feminist viewpoints, is that a woman is a woman regardless of things how she behaves, or whether or not she has a conventionally female body. A woman who has had a double mastectomy would still be a woman, despite no longer meeting the socially constructed idea of what a woman is.

If we look at this, let's look at what makes a woman

Is it how one behaves? Of course not.
Is it how one looks? Equally wrong. Women come in such huge variety.
Is it our biology? This is where terfs have strayed off feminism and gone more towards a traditionalist viewpoint. But no, it isn't our biology. A woman who cannot give birth is still a woman. A woman who has had greatly elevated testosterone (perhaps from PCOS) and had physical changes because of it is still a woman.

So what determines a woman? Their identity.

Now, regarding how gender dysphoria fits into this, since we've already established that biology doesn't determine if you're a woman

Something not being a requirement does not make it unimportant. For a great deal of women, having children is very important to them. If they either lost or never had this ability, it would cause psychological issues. I see gender dysphoria as another example of this.

Gender theory can actually be highly inclusive of trans women, but some have decided to twist it to be exclusive instead.
>>
>>8729323
>infowars

haha good one famalam
>>
>>8729323
>Alex Jones
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8729324
>So what determines a woman? Their identity.
That's a self-referencing definition: Why are you a woman? Because you're a woman.
>>
>>8729350

Pretty close
You're a woman because you identify as a woman. There is an act involved there.

It's the difference between "you're a runner because you're a runner" and "you're a runner because you run". An action is done- in the case if identification, it's a more passive action, but nonetheless an action
>>
>>8729364
But anyone can say they identify as a woman. Could Trump say he identifies as a woman and walk into a women's locker room tomorrow, and it would be okay? Because that's the world trans activists want.
>>
>>8729369
Now you're getting into legal territory, which leaves the realm of feminist theory.

With the scenario you're describing, the issue doesn't come from a natal male who identifies as a woman walking into the locker room, but from actually verifying that.

And I think you're dramatically over-simplifying what trans activists want. I think what they're more about is being against legal actions which mean you must use the facilities that correspond with your birth certificate, especially since many of the places with those laws also are trying to forbid changing the gender marker on a birth certificate.
>>
>>8729384
If you pass as a woman you can use the woman's bathroom.
If you don't you can't.
Simple.
>>
>>8729411
I'm assuming you're not >>8729369? Because if so, then I dramatically misunderstood where you were coming from.

But yeah, I agree with that stance. In this case, a lack of regulation actually works really well.
>>
>>8728644
because trannies have male bodies and male faces. Despite HRT and FFS, you can still see a man. So, tell me, what is the point of buying a 4k Chanel or Versace dress if you have expanded facial planes? Do you really believe that dressing nice is going to help you pass? You can hire a stylist, you can get a new wardrobe, no matter, what, you won't pass due to the fact that you have expanded facial planes
>>
>>8729670
>because trannies have male bodies and male faces
#NotAllTrannies
>>
>>8729308
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
>>
>>8729239
Wrong... we don't have energy/motivation for fapping...
>>
>>8731270
this study is literally useless

we can't take that as any actual proof, given the huge fucking amounts of abuse involved. It's a piss-poor representation of anything, the changed variables are so numerous.
>>
>>8731270
>using a literal pedophile's twisted experiment to defend gender identity
>>
>>8729670
eXpAnDeD fAcIaL pLaNeS
>>
>>8729159
please don't touch my raf
>>
File: cute_boi.jpg (312KB, 1192x1788px) Image search: [Google]
cute_boi.jpg
312KB, 1192x1788px
>>8728736
I'm stylish. Idk about anyone else tho. I just know that Eli is probably more stylish than me. So there are some of us out there.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.