[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on how to deal with the pain during electrolysis, or rather,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: AMC_BAD_S1_Promo_Character_Quinn.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AMC_BAD_S1_Promo_Character_Quinn.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
Tips on how to deal with the pain during electrolysis, or rather, thermolysis?

I want to be able to withstand 2 hours of it, and my thermolysist says she'd suggest I try to make at least 2 hour sessions...
However, already after 20-30 minutes it starts getting really bad, with twitches in my legs. After around 40 minutes I kind of starts to curl up more with my legs... So, as things are, I can just barely manage an hour, or possibly closer to only 50 minutes.

I've already tried taking 4mg diazepam, paracetamol, and kodeine... It still hurts a lot. Next time I'm going to attempt these numbening topical creams, that has to be applied for at least an hour before hand.

If that doesn't work, what am I supposed to do? I really really want to extend my time to 2 hours, or at least 1.5 hours. Otherwise I think I might not even be able to clear everything before new hairs start to grow out.
>>
Nobody?
>>
>>8727268
You're the definition of a pussy
>>
>>8729913
It hurts about as much or worse as when you take a needle for drip or blood samples. Then you do that a few hundred times in your face... Your body have a reaction.

She did say not everyone feel much from it, while others feel a lot more, so I guess it's not as bad for everyone.
>>
Turns out the topical numbing cream worked fairly well, managed a 1 hour session fairly easily.
>>
>>8731046
Why didn't you use it before that?
>>
>>8729955
>It hurts about as much or worse as when you take a needle for drip or blood samples.
this doesnt hurt at all really for me
>>
>>8731219
It's a one time thing, you probably barely remember what it feels like.
Probably more similar to when you get the needle put into your hand for drip.

Either way, over a 1 hour sessions I think you get at least 400 pokes. So it's like taking 400 blood samples in an hour.

>>8731067
Has to be applied for at least an hour before it has any effect.
It still didn't remove all pain, but it made it be mild enough that you don't go crazy after 30-40 min. I think with it, I can last 1hr 30min, or even 2 hours.
>>
>>8729913
It's with electric shock and a lot of heat and extreme pain (worse than my broken ribs or fist or... unwanted sex, i'm serious)
>>8727268
Numbing cream (Lidocain, Prilocain, something strong) and serious painkillers. Not just ibuprofen, but stuff like tramadol and morphine. I'm currently going with 40 mg of morphine but it has almost no effect. It's just insane.
Look into the leaflet of the numbing cream, most requiere you to cover it immediately with foil cause lidocain and others numbing agents are deactivated with too much oxygen (it's a radical mechanism, chemical-wise). Tape it afterwards so the foil won't move, the cream is covered; wait at least 2 hours before the session (through it can vary, depending on the numbing agent used)
>>8731219
consider yourself lucky, I do my electrolysis every 3-4 weeks and would rather have a broken rib each time, than withstanding that amount of pain

I just got prescribed a numbing agent called Pliaglis
https://www.drugs.com/pro/pliaglis.html (for you americunts) and it's said to be much stronger than most OTC numbing agents, with several times the amount of lidocaine and prilocaine. I will test it next month, but it should work a lot better. Maybe ask your doc about it, I can understand your pain OP :(
>>
>>8727268
I pay extra for a doctor to inject lidocaine into the target site. I'm clear in two hours and don't feel a thing.

Feels void, man.
>>
You can prepare yourself by epilating a ton. It will desensitize your hair follices to pain over the course of months to years. Epilating by itself is painful so you'll build up your pain tolerance too, you faggot sissies.
>>
>>8733548
That would render needle epilation useless. Also the pain is nothing alike
>>
>>8734941
Please, apply lidocaine and it only hurts like 2x as much as plucking
It's like you'll cowards never ripped your hairs out before
>>
>>8734957
Epilating legs and such is virtually painless compared to thermolysis.

I suppose, if you have a fat face it hurts less. However if you have thin skin, and not as much fat it'll hurt a lot more (or so I think... On the chin it's quite alright and I could go on for a loooong time. But on the next it's torture)
>>
>>8734957
It's nothing like epilating, I epilate my legs bi-weekly and could go on for hours, but needle epilation destroys the hair follicle and is a very different form of hair removal
Would love to see you do it for hours
>>
>>8735913
Have you tried galvanic or blend? They take longer but the needle doesn't have to go all the way in so it's supposed to be less painful and leaves less scars
>>
>>8727268
My only advice is to not consume any caffeine or stimulants the day of your appointment, sorry OP.
>>
>>8737087
I need to take the diazepam though, otherwise I get a lot of lasting anxiety about going to new treatments.

>>8736914
Galvanic and blend is supposed to be much mor painful.
Galvanic means you're pretty much using acid to melt the hair follicle. While blend is applying electric heat before turning the hair follicle into lye.

You pretty much need proper numbing of the area for those two.
>>
>>8738993
Diazepam is the exact opposite of a stimulant.
>>
>>8736914
I use the combined method of heat and electrolysis which is the galvanic method, right? To my knowledge there are two electrodes that form a base when electricity is applied. It hurts so much :(
buut it's worth it. I just shaved after a few days and it's basically just a few hairs under the chin and on the upper lip
>>8738997
She didn't say it's an stimulant. Benzos are used for pain control, to distance yourself from the pain and to reduce anxiety, which is a huge aspect of pain. Don't take it with opioids though!

Oh, Ibuprofen against inflamations is great aswell, I take it for a few days including the day of epilation.
>>
File: o5IStbEx.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
o5IStbEx.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
>>8727268
I'm completely unfamiliar with electrolysis/thermolysis. What is it for? Something to do with LGBT apparently?
>>
>>8740036
That's blend.

Galvanic = true electrolysis, you need like 2 needles or something, that remain inserted for half a minute, it makes the hair and hair follicle into "lye" by some chemical reaction. It has like a 90% kill rate on the follicle (i.e. do it once on a growing hair and it's gone for good). The pain for this is very high.

Thermolysis = common "fake" electrolysis. It just uses current for about half a second to create enough heat to burn and scar the follicle. While not as painful, it has only a kill rate of around 10%, so you may need to "zap" the same hair up to 5 times.

Blend = thermolysis + galvanic, it uses thermolysis to speed up the checmical reaction. Because of the thermolysis the needle only has to be inserted for 3-6 seconds, but it retains the very high kill rate of galvanic. The pain for this is very high, too.

Basically, blend is best, and galvanic is good too... except you can't take many hairs per hour.
Thermolysis is kind of the worst, but is much more common. You get semi-results much faster, as you get hairless quicker... But you'll have to continuously go on follow up to remove the new hairs as they come up, for maybe a year or so.
>>
>>8740219
ok, thank you very much! I wasn't up to date, although I looked it up years ago, before I got started. I'm curious if my health provider would even cover thermolysis? Mine only does cover the blend-method of a small circle of technicians and they all use that method. Maybe they won't cover other methods
>>8740072
Basically the only method to remove hair, eg facial hair, permanently. Laser and other marketing gags are good for hair reduction but won't guarantee permanent removal.
It's very painful and comes with a few complications but it's the only serious way of hair removal and is covered by some insurances; laser hair removal is not, at least in most european countries.
Some are lucky with laser, some are not. I had a few laser sessions in 2014 but that turned out to be harmful for needle epilation. NE is generally more expensive but in my opinion worth it. I'm glad I'm already 2 years in.
Have a few friends who grew hair again, after investing 1-2 k € in laser 2 years ago...
>>
>>8740572
>I'm glad I'm already 2 years in.
In electrolysis? How are you on 2 years? Do you only do something like 1-2 hours a week?

You should be clearing your whole face within 4 weeks, maximum of 6 weeks.
If you don't clear it within that time you won't be able to pick off the new hairs as they come, and so you'll be spending a lot of time zapping hairs that won't be affected by the zapping.

The zapping is only effective during their growth phase, it has no effect during it's resting phase.
>>
>>8740572
>Have a few friends who grew hair again, after investing 1-2 k € in laser 2 years ago...
Also, this isn't the worst.

The hair is weakened, so electrolysis should end up much more effective. They got rid of the big bulk, and the really thick hairs, so it'll end up being cheaper than if they only did electrolysis.
>>
File: 20151220_110839.jpg (178KB, 720x1171px) Image search: [Google]
20151220_110839.jpg
178KB, 720x1171px
>>8740727
>How are you on 2 years?
Quiete good, I barely grow hair anymore and it's only a problem arround the chin and a few areas on my neck. Gladly those are quiete thick and I'm sure they'll be easy to remove within the next 6 months. I have a few blemishes but got it under control, using topical, low dose antibiotics and BPO. My self-confidence during the healing-phase is quiete low due to not being able to apply makeup. Pain usually faints away within 1-2 days.
> 1-2 hours a week?
oh god no way, I visit my technician every 6 weeks for <1 hour, my skin swells up way too much and it takes at least 5 days till the scab flakes off. I don't apply anything during healing, only after about a week I apply ointments I just mentioned, now and then dexpanthenol and thyrotricine. Never too much and on most days I don't use any skin products, regardless of needle epilation.
>you won't be able to pick off the new hairs as they come
Yes, I know that and I appreciate :)
>>8740751
The hair regrows at an adverse angle, the hair growth cylces are completely fucked up and the hair follicles will differ a lot - at least according to my technician. Still, it's possible and most likely the cheapest method. The cases I know about aren't that good because it regrew in many areas, not just a few arround the chin, but thats most likely because of the laser method. I'm glad their needle epilation is covered aswell.

Additionally: my insurance confirmed 100 hours of needle epilation, which is about 7 k €. If I need more (and I'll barely need half of it) I just have to send in more picture and they will stock up.

pic rel is from nov 2015
>>
>>8729955
>She did say not everyone feel much from it, while others feel a lot more,

Right - because some people are tough and others are pussies. You fall into the pussy category.
>>
>>8744057
Nah, it has to do with nerves, electrolytes, water, sleep, if you suffer from anxiety and so on.

I'd say maybe 70% of the pain comes from the panic your body goes into.
>>
>>8744057
>>8744329
I always am super happy when i have another session, just because there is progress. I distract myself, listen to music but it still hurts. Yes even when you just took 5 mg of lorazepam.
>>8744057
I'm curious, have you ever done it? Doesn't sound like it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.