[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on cishet plebs using the word "faggot"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0310.jpg (67KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
67KB, 500x565px
thoughts on cishet plebs using the word "faggot"?

i personally dont like it. i guess on the internet its too entrenched to be done away with, but its different in real life. (the vast majority of) straight people dont know how to use the word. theyll claim theyre, like, "totally in favor of gays and shit," and theyre only using the word to insult people that are "annoying," but that sounds like dog-whistling to me.

maybe ive turned bitter, but now that its trendy to be gay, straight people feign concern for lgbt people, but only at a superficial level, cuz to them, lgbt shit is just a fad. theyre willing to change just enough to tolerate lgbt shit, but not enough to actually accomodate for them and empathize for their struggle -- not that i need them to validate me. its just weird how its cool to call a straight person a "faggot," but its taboo to call a gay person a "faggot." its cool to make fun of the notion of ever being a queer, but its taboo to make fun of those actually suffering the fate of being a queer.

i know in theory anyone can say it and that context varies. but its not like most people are using it in a noble manner anyway.

tl;dr breeders aint about dat queer life

inb4 gay uncle toms try to defend dey straight massas
>>
>>8721492

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

No one cares about your feelings, fucking queer.
>>
>inb4 gay uncle toms try to defend dey straight massas

way to shut down discussion before it ever begins

i think you exist in a left echo chamber, are you by chance living on campus at a 4 year uni or recently graduated?
>>
i think OP's a faggot and can't inb4
>>
>>8721532
i dont live in an echo chamber considering i waste my time on here.

you already know what ill think, but by all means, feel free to elaborate on your thoughts.
>>
>>8721492
You sound like a nigger, you faggot.
>>
>>8721492
If my straight male friends stopped using the word faggot just to appease me, I would have been pretty uncomfortable.

It's 100% about intent. There have been two times straight people have called me it during an actual argument im order to convey their anger and I let them know how over the line it is to do so, but otherwise I'm unmoved by the word in any other context.

I'm a huge proponent of the idea that by censoring words, you give them power. I think nigger should be allowed by everyone and when it's saturated the English language under it's newer usage, it will have lost it's original connotation.

So say faggot all you want, straight people. If it bothers OP, that's just icing on the cake.
>>
>>8721492

Tumblr is that way ---->
>>
>>8721492
OP, so you know you're on 4chan? Fag was used here since always, long before /lgbt/ even existed.
Take your talking points to some hugbox site where they care about this shit.
>>
I just don't like bad wordz. Faggot is too strong of a word for me to use in real life.
>>
>>8721492
sounds like alota salad bar problems but you got no corn
>>
i like being called a faggot by my friends
it shows a level of comfort
i also just like being called a faggot in general because it turns me on
>>
>>8721492
it's a word
if you're letting a word get to you you have other problems.
>>
File: 1502655004386.jpg (150KB, 646x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502655004386.jpg
150KB, 646x540px
>>8721826
please don't
>>
>>8721734
Can you just not post in a single thread? You're honestly making the board shittier with your actual insanity.
>>
>>8722030
>Child raping
Oh shit. I thought you were different from the crazy pedophile guy. Glad to see you've spiced up your schizophrenic ramblings.
>>
>>8722030
What do you think should be done in order to rid the world of straight scum?
>>
>>8721832
oh hon, you pass already!
>>
>>8721492
>on the internet its too entrenched to be done away with
I guess we go on different parts of the internet because I never see it said outside of 4chan.
I'm not pro-slurs-being-used-by-outsiders so not a fan of straight people saying it either. Like why would they say it if not to demean gay people, and if they're demeaning gay people, why would I be on board with that?
>>
File: 1457133589140.png (351KB, 579x589px) Image search: [Google]
1457133589140.png
351KB, 579x589px
>>8721492
it depends on the intent, if they intent to insult me then they deserve a boot to the face
>>
>>8722177
>Like why would they say it if not to demean gay people
Maybe they just wanted a cigarette.
>>
>>8721832
i don't get this scene
why was he drinking the milk?
>>
File: 1499655654698.jpg (58KB, 1063x799px) Image search: [Google]
1499655654698.jpg
58KB, 1063x799px
the people who go out of their way to use the word faggot because it's just a word are the ones who also get triggered by yas kween and variants thereof.

But generally I avoid insults in general, they're a sign of defeat
>>
>>8722177
>Like why would they say it if not to demean gay people
Because language isn't black and white and connotation is malleable? My straight friends never use it to disparage gay people.

I legitimately despise your view. All you're doing is making that word more powerful and therefore more hurtful if actually used. It should be proliferated, not put on a fucking pedestal.
>>
>>8721492
yes, straight people are massive hypocrites and all their talks of "acceptance" and "lgbt tolerance" should be taken with a grain of salt the size of Jupiter since they're never sincere.
We know.
>>
It is fine if someone calls me a faggot.
>>
>>8722281
Drag queens literally use that language and the word faggot constantly.
>>
>>8722933
Seriously. Get a shrink.
>>
>>8721492
>cishet plebs
Gtfo
>>
>>8721492
people have been calling me a faggot my whole life, even before I knew that I liked men. My straight best friend calls me a faggot, queer, cock sucker, all sorts of shit all the time. I don't care, it bothered me in like middle school, but now if people think I'm a faggot then so be it, I'm a faggot, call me what I am
>>
ignore that tripcode i'm so fucking sorry
>>
>>8722178

>This hon manlet thinks he can raise his mom's house keys without shaking his arm, let alone kick someone IRL.

Kek, you liberals forget you are the weak and soft IRL.
>>
>>8722922
And blacks use the word nigger and its various forms, your point is what?
>>
People care too much about fucking words
I am gay, I will call both straight and gay people faggots.
It would be hypocritical of me to say people cant use the word fag since I am white and say nigga
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.