[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a place that isn't a hugbox like Reddit but isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1502092286806.jpg (51KB, 266x330px) Image search: [Google]
1502092286806.jpg
51KB, 266x330px
Is there a place that isn't a hugbox like Reddit but isn't vitriolic and bigoted like 4chan? I want to be a part of an online LGBT community but have no idea where to look.
>>
>>8715651
You might try a smaller online community, like roleplaychat, but it depends how much of a fag/dyke you are...
>>
>>8715651
>hugbox like Reddit
Reddit isn't a hugbox, it despises trans people, only catering to cis people.
>>
>>8715748
r/asktransgender and other trans-specific subs are Susan's tier
>>
>>8715748
There's a "Do I Pass" subreddit that is a hugbox
>>
>>8715750
being an inversion of susans makes you the same as susans

there is no significant difference in my estimation between constant hugboxing and constant hostility. a significant difference would be a place where people have a vibrancy of differences and a healthy combination of empathy and criticism, and also an extrapolation of criticism into help and empathy into criticism.

this place is not critical of itself- hard to believe when it is some mark of pride here to be cruel and incisive- and yes, it is so very easy to see hugboxes like susans as unproductive and not self-critical, but regurgitation of the same memetic arguments here ad absurdum is just as uncritical. it only is "critical" here when you have a surface, superficial understanding of the dynamic of the culture here. it should be obvious that repetition of arguments without compromise or resolution of a solution and chronic behavioral attachment to the same critique over and over is a form of obliviousness all the same as susans just hugboxing.

>>8715651
read the former thoughts i expressed. such a place doesnt exist and cant exist. there might be somewhere trapped between the two extremes, but like anarchy, theres nobody to enforce civility or keep people from complacency. it always degrades into either extreme of optimism or cynicism
>>
>>8715780
I'm well aware that 4chan is toxic. But why do you seem to think a more neutral space is impossible?
>>
>>8715809
mostly because of entropy of discussion. eventually one ideal or worldview becomes more "advantageous" over another one. the more rational, neutral-analytical mindset only prevails when everyone in a culture is incredibly intelligent and agrees that emotional constructions are less advantageous than empirical, rational, and well-argued theories. even then you will have outliers who despite their intelligence may have mental illnesses of personality disorders (which works into "chaos and personality" trumping rationality). assuming you have a perfect vacuum of intellectuals working together to clinically discuss philosophy and science: eventually neutrality and analytical thinking hits a wall after producing many solutions and beneficial ideas. eventually all that is left on this even playing field is personality, chaos, and stagnation. it then must necessarily devolve into opinions, not highly informed ones, but impressionistic ones.
>>
>>8715834
almost all of what we believe is based on flawed impressions of reality, not based on true factual input, but filtered reality. we create tools and experiments and leanr our boundaries and abilities, but it is no way optimized. our experience of ideals and even what we believe is material reality is entirely a fabrication of "what works," "what is reliable" and some of it certainly is useful, but aren't we all dysfunctional despite choosing the most advantageous actions and opinions? every endeavor hits a wall of development where it must pivot to remain useful. altruism as an example works well for humanity, but then in a warzone or under a totalitarian government it stops being advantageous.

our ideas are less than ideal, and our actions often in hindsight could've been better (everyone has regrets). there is a wall at some point even personally that you must confront a challenge to your ego and identity and change. even in a perfect society full of intellectuals, you will hit a wall where entropy of philosophy occurs where it converts from something rational and depersonalized (classical religious education for example) into something impressionistic and personal (postmodernism for example). that is what causes people to revert to assumptions and repetition instead of critical, clinical evaluation of the concrete. relying on subjectivity produces immense ideas, but it isn't productive in a material sense to improve your life. much like genetics, memetics doesn't always favor the best idea, just the one with a dominant nature.

so yeah, the more neutral space is a defiance of human nature. it is borderline "ascendancy" of humanity. it means being so good as to be foreign species to humanity of the kind of passions we currently have. it means being two conflicting things at once, both feeling and intellectual, empathic and critical, concrete but fluid.
>>
>>8715651
If you search around the various transgender communities on Reddit you may find a place you like. You could hang out on /r/transgendercirclejerk or /r/transgendercj whichever it is and /r/traaaaaaaans (I forget the number of A's).

Tumblr can be okay, but it takes awhile to "find" a community that you agree with. Esp cuz no one tags anything and surface level easiest to find stuff tends to be tucute vs truscum or transmecalist and why bisexuality is biohobic blahhhh blah blahhh business.
>>
>>8715809
What the disease responding to you means is that it's very intelligent, so you should trust it when it says 4chan is epic dank memes.
>>
>>8715847
Would you suggest any books that elaborate further on the points you're making here?
>>
File: 1469853712604.png (434KB, 549x436px) Image search: [Google]
1469853712604.png
434KB, 549x436px
>>8715994
if you can read german, kant. specifically "critique of pure reason." that relates to the way we interact with ideals and our distorted conception of reality. i guess just read lots of stuff... i dont really think it matters and no one path is going to enlighten a person. just read whatever you can get your hands on. plato is the starting point if you dont understand ideal forms. if youre interested in psychology theres plenty of stuff worth reading and far too much to understand, but combining the two- psychology and philosophy- into something meaningful is like... an entire life's worth of work. in general id say youre better off reading the bible as a book about social organization and as an anthropological document than reading philosophy. people stress lacan, hegel, freud, aristotle, camus, nietzsche--- nietzsche is probably the only important person to read, but still unnecessary. kant is important but difficult because of the language. there is so much convoluted stuff in modern philosophy... im not an expert. i just have ideas.

if you wanna know about memes and what the word actually means read dawkins, he came up with it in 1976, "the selfish gene" is the book.

>>8715915
i dont consider myself intelligent. wisdom isnt intelligence. you can know lots of things, but what little i do know is applied rather than retained for the sake of knowing and knowing more.

4chan is terrible memes, btw. these memes are so disadvantageous for general human meaning and application they can only be considered "dank" ie advantageous if you want to die and thats your main existential drive. 4chan is regression and suicide as religion.
>>
File: a place for friends.jpg (76KB, 471x516px) Image search: [Google]
a place for friends.jpg
76KB, 471x516px
>>8715651
>I want to be a part of an online LGBT community
>an online LGBT community
>community

See: >>8715345
>>
>>8716153
I don't consider you intelligent either, but you most certainly were trying to convince people you were intelligent. That's why you strung random big words together in a post 100 times longer than it needed to be in order to say what you meant.
>>
>>8716280
you did not need to respond if you didnt understand anything. if your only goal is antagonism, you may as well not respond at all; its more of a waste of words than someone who cares eagerly writing about sincere thought. i could write a tract like war and peace about taking a shit and it wouldnt be as much of a waste as the nihilistic solipsism youve replied with. you only needed to respond with "tl;dr," but you complicated it too far, guilty of your own accusation
>>
>>8715651
Fuck off filthy tranny.
>>
File: 1485668967620.jpg (127KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
1485668967620.jpg
127KB, 1920x1541px
>all reddit is the same community
>>
>>8715651
I wish I had an answer for you, OP, I always wished to find the same. If you ever do, please come back and post here about it.

>>8716450
unless a sub is specifically meant to be an alt-right shithole, then ya, it's all the same- a liberal hugbox
>>
>>8716480
Every LGBT person I've met has been banned from the "LGBT" spaces on reddit for being negative towards conservatives, while they only ban conservatives if they advocate the commiting of crimes and otherwise let them lie all day long.

Nobody is falling for your shit.
>>
>>8716535
By negative do you mean
>FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
or
>I disagree with that statement
>>
>>8716632
I mean >FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, obviously. That's what conservatives deserve to hear.

"I disagree with that statement" in response to "KILLARY 2027 HITLER WILL RISE FROM THE GRAVE PRAISE JESUS AND LICK HIS ASSHOLE RAPE ALL CHILDREN!" is not being negative, that's being part of the problem. All it takes for evil to triump is for good men to do nothing.

The very same people who will ban people for telling a conservative to kill themselves would never ban any conservative for saying we ought to build a mecha-Hitler now that we have the technology.
>>
>>8715651
Honestly, I've found it's damn near impossible so I've given up and stuck with 4chan. My brief foray into Leftbook and all it's cancerous infighting was familiar. But bannings and postblocks were not.

I think the best thing would be for there to be an /lgbt/ board that wasn't shared with the imageboard that hosts /pol/. But I know nothing about making websites.

I'm already used to the ONLY 2 GENDERS DEGENERATE FAGGITS hit and run posts anyway. But I guess it's off-putting for those who are used to hugboxes.
>>
>>8716670
It's evil compared to places where the pedophile /pol/ Nazis at least pretend to not be child fuckers. There's nothing "hugbox" about a bunch of filthy straight diseases making up lies like they always do. Every time a disease speaks, it wastes speaking time that should have gone to a person.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.