[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find gay friends? I've been looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1438.jpg (204KB, 1067x1090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.jpg
204KB, 1067x1090px
Why is it so hard to find gay friends?
I've been looking for another gay guy in my area but it's impossible. Everyone wants to fuck or have some sort of sexual exploit. I just want to drink coffee with someone and talk about the weather
>>
a lot of men are controlled by their libido. this is why the gay community is so degenerate
>>
>>8705294
>>Men would fuck everyone of their (attractive) friends if they could
>>>Gays are men
I believe you are fucked
>>
File: 1497058884119.png (246KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497058884119.png
246KB, 430x600px
>>8705294
I'm looking for gay friends too, I don't care about fucking I just really want a relationship where me and another guy can talk, laugh and do activities, then if we eventually fall genuinely in love we could move on to cuddles and whatever after that. I'm so tired of getting heart broken after bonding with a straight dude and wanting that "I love you" back but just getting the no homo speech
>>
>>8705294
Lie and say your mtf or ftm

Just never make it the center point of anything
>>
>>8705335
I know all those feels and want this too anon. Statistically the odds will never be in our favour, because it takes a decent amount of time to build up a relationship like that, and the chances of the other person being gay are slim. Whereabouts do you live btw?
>>
>think I made a platonic gay friend
>invites me over to his house to watch drag race
>in the middle of the show he scoots next to me, gives me a kiss, and grabs my crotch

Im not sure I see the problem?
>>
why would you want a gay friend specifically?
i just want a friend in general
>>
>>8706633
Not OP, but I prefer to have friends I can fully relax and talk openly with without worrying they're going to react negatively in some way, and who will understand where I'm coming from without me needing to explain everything.
I've had tons of straight friends, but I could never get that close to any of them.
>>
>>8706657
you know that not all heterosexual people are homophobic, right?
>>
>>8705294
I'm 300 pounds. Most gays are very superficial. Be thankful for what you have.
>>
>>8705335
I want the exact same thing. Unfortunately it seems as though everything made for gay men to meet each other is all made for guys who just want to hook up with random strangers. I know that sex is a terrible foundation for any sort of real relationship and any relationship based on hooking up with someone based solely on their appearance and being a slut is doomed to end horribly.

I want a romantic relationship with someone who will eventually be my husband. The only way I can see that happening is by being good friends with him for a while and then taking our relationship to the next level when both develop feelings for each other. Unfortunately all of my friends are heterosexual and I don't know how I'd go about making new friends who are gay.

I don't like online online dating becauseyou can't really know enough about someone with such a poor method of communication and no matter what kind of person you're talking to everyone presents themselves differently on the internet compared to the real them.
>>
>>8706843
>I'm 300 pounds.

How the fuck does someone get this fucking fat?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You need to constantly eat massive amounts of shitty unhealthy garbage food non-stop for years while never doing any physical activities.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Quit fucking eating you fat fuck,.
>>
>>8705294
Why not go for a compromise and do both? Become friends with benefits. Drink coffee, talk about the weather and then go fugg.
>>
>>8706940
Seroquel
>>
>>8706947
Sex without love is bad, unfulfilling sex, and all sluts are terrible people and make horrible friends/partners
>>
>>8707036
This is why you don't listen to the shitposter that tells you to take antipsychotics. Enjoy lining AstraZeneca's pocket.
>>
>>8706940
subtle
>>
>>8707036
Meds don't change the laws of physics. You just eat less, retard.
>>
>>8707099
I didn't consider myself to be eating unusually much at the time. I have definitely healthier eating habits now but this was almost 10 years ago and my metabolism changed over the course of a year such that eating the same amount made me much fatter. I've since discontinued the Seroquel but the metabolism effects seem to have persisted.
>>
>>8707181
>ten years later

That's just getting old. It shouldn't take 10 fucking years to lose the weight either.
>>
>>8707181
>MUH METABOLISM

that's not how it works. that shit's an overhyped myth. you just slipped into the habit of moving around less and eating shittier more unhealthy food like a lot of other people.

your metabolism doesn't tank after a certain time period, it's just that as you get older most people do less excessive, move to office jobs where they don't move much, and begin to eat out more or eat less healthy food
>>
>>8707244
Seroquel is proven to alter your pancreatic function though and cause weight gain. I was very thin prior to taking it.
>>
>>8707306
You still need to eat more calories tan you burn in order to gain weight
>>
>>8707445
durr durr, and if you aren't burning as much anymore because a pill tells your body to you gain weight

you probably believe in alpha/beta/omega shit too lel
>>
>>8707470
Stop pretending that shoving too much food into your mouth wasn't the problem.

If you ate less and worked more you wouldn't be an obese tub of lard.
>>
>>8706905
literally me for past 6 years

nearing the end of my rope

let me know if u find a solution tho
>>
>>8705335

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hM4izbColg

The essence of male on male relationships is Philla-or friendship.

When you hit a ''straight'' guy with that ''I love you'' shit it provokes the same reaction in him as if he would hear it from a woman.Whenever I hear people confess their love so easily it just makes me cringe.The proof is in the pudding.If you truly love someone you won't feel the need to say it or expect any reciprocation.

And what makes this even more pathetic is the fact that you're expecting an ''I LOVE YOU TOO'' back in return.If that's not the biggest proof of not loving someone then I don't know what it is.

I think you're mistaking mutual validation for love.

> ''if we eventually fall genuinely in love''
So you're more concerned with the purity of their love than you are with your own.HOLY SHIT CAN YOU EMULATE ALL OF THE WORST PARTS IN A WOMAN'S CHARACTER EVEN MORE?

You should note that theoretically speaking you will never be able to compete with a woman when it comes to Eros(or opposite-sex love) for a man who's also attracted to women.That doesn't mean that all bisexual men will leave you for the woman of their dreams(altough quite likely).It just means that you have to fill up the void of the absent woman figure in his life.It is certainly possible and the chances of it working go up incrementally if the man is of high caliber(thus making it harder to find worthy, high-caliber women on this planet).
>>
>>8707725
>It just means that you have to fill up the void of the absent woman figure in his life.
How can you do this?
>>
>>8707725
He's specifically said he wants a friends so that if they feel that "more than friendship" feeling they'll be sexually and romantically compatible.

No one said anything about confessing gay love to straight friends and expecting it to work.
>>
>>8707725
C.S. Lewis is a retarded christfag and none of that shit has any basis in reality.

>When you hit a ''straight'' guy with that ''I love you'' shit
>"straight"

>>8705335
>I'm looking for gay friends too,
>gay

You're retard
>>
>>8707725
I didn't mean "i love you" as literally the words but more the actions and reactions of love rather than being pushed away, also you assume I fall in love easily, I've fell in love with only a few straight guys after years of friendship, they weren't acquaintances but real long time friends I cared about and they ended up breaking my heart and still do.
>So you're more concerned with the purity of their love than you are with your own
no I just meant I don't want some guy who just wants to fuck me and doesn't give a shit about a friendship

>>8707749
>You're retard
I don't understand
>>
>>8707778
I meant to say that the guy who posted >>8707725 is retarded.
>>
>>8707749

>C.S. Lewis is a retarded christfag and none of that shit has any basis in reality.

I didn't link that because I agree with everything he says.What I do agree with is the ancient greek conceptualization of these 4 types of LOVE.If you disagree with that then you can go ahead and kys.

>>8707734
I have no idea.Try to understand what makes men fall in love with women.--and maybe read up on male on male relationships in ancient civilizations.That could give you a framework of understanding.The greeks had especially weird views when it came to homosexuality.They tought PEDERASTY was A-OK and even a noble thing while at the same time bashing men who only had sex with other men.

>>8707778
>I've fell in love with only a few straight guys after years of friendship, they weren't acquaintances but real long time friends I cared about and they ended up breaking my heart and still do.

I understand now.Well...What you said only goes to confirm my speculations when it comes to love between the same sexes.What you are seeking seems very normal and beautiful to me but some men just aren't willing to try to be in a relationship with another man.They simply don't see any value in it and simply reject the idea.

>>8707749
>"straight"
Yes.
>straight.

Again, making a reference back to the greeks.They didn't believe in gay and straight.For all intense and purposes there were dominant men and submissive men.And another thing:
All men are inherently bisexual to some extent.It's just that most men recognise this in themselves and shun it or just don't give it much tought to it because it's not appealing to them.If there were only 100% straight and 100% gay men then homophobia would barely exist.
>>
Funnily enough, I've developed a friendship with a guy I hooked up with. We kept chatting after we'd fooled around, and eventually I hung out with him and another of his friends . It does help that neither of us want to start a relationship, which we mutually agreed upon from the start.
>>
>>8707840
The ancient greeks diddling boys has nothing at all to do with modern gay men falling in love with other gay men.

Heterosexual men's attraction to women is irrelevant.
>>
>>8707852
>The ancient greeks diddling boys has nothing at all to do with modern gay men falling in love with other gay men.

I think it does to a certain extent but I'd rather not pretend I know things I don't know.
>>
>>8706830
I didn't say anything about homophobia.
>>
File: 1443991047480.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1443991047480.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
>>8705294
Why do they have to be gay if you're not interested in having sex with them and only want a friend? You wouldn't be disingenuous now, would you, OP?
>>
>>8707244
Absolutely wrong.
Human bodies are not bunsen burners.
As people age their muscles waste away, there is less energy spent on repairs too.
>>
>>8706905
>I don't like online online dating becauseyou can't really know enough about someone with such a poor method of communication and no matter what kind of person you're talking to everyone presents themselves differently on the internet compared to the real them.

meh. sorry to tell you anon but before the internet (and still quite often today) people would meet in bars or randomly in public, and they would "present themselves differently" to give a good/false first impression. and they would do this with the intent of trying to get in bed with you as quickly as possible. and quite often they would flake as soon as they had accomplished this goal unless there was something about you that legitimately attracted them.

nothing has really changed with online dating except that it's a lot easier to find each other so we don't have to go to shitty gay bars to do it.

honestly it's not that big of a deal. just be honest in your profile and say that you're not there to hookup and want to make friends. there are tons of guys who have already figured that shit out and you won't be alone.
>>
>>8707244
t. never took a health or 8th grade science class
>>
>>8707890
That's why you make gay friends, and only pursue a romantic relationship with a guy you've known as a friend for a while and found yourself falling for them.

It's pretty obvious when a guy you just met in person is just interested in fucking you.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.