[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do most MTFs go for laser hair removal when it isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

Why do most MTFs go for laser hair removal when it isn't even permanent?
>>
File: 1497728087956.jpg (19KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1497728087956.jpg
19KB, 720x537px
>>8700377
That's kinda of a silly question dude, it's like asking why people have haircuts if their hair will grow, or why some lady at the grocery store put on makeup if she was going to wash it off at night.

How old are you?
>>
>>8700387
Women don't have to worry about their beard growing back in a few years, so why not go for something permanent like electrolysis?

I'm 12 but mature for my age.
>>
>>8700377
If you require laser hair removal, you're too old.
>>
>>8700392
>Women don't have to worry about their beard growing back in a few years
Oh boy.
Women have to do so much shit to keep their appearances you have no idea. If you grew up with 3 sisters like me you would understand.
Also yeah women can grow a beard if they end up being genetically predisposed and have to get rid of it.

Older sister has a hair saloon and all the time she gets monobrow ladies in there.

>I'm 12 but mature for my age.
kek.
>>
>>8700392
Electrolysis is far more expensive and if you have dark hair and light skin laser is rather effective anyway.

I've had 4 laser sessions at a total of $150. And I lost a lot of beard hair.

Electrolysis would have cost me $800+ for the same amount even though it would possibly last longer.

It's like buying a cheap bike just because you wanted to ride a bike but couldn't afford the expensive one.

You still get to ride the bike, it just might not last as long.
>>
Laser hair removal lasts for about a year or so. Having to remove hair every 2-3 weeks by waxing or epilator is much harder and annoying. I'd say that it is more of a convenience thing
>>
>>8700864
Electrolysis lasts forever.
>>
>>8700417
I knew a kid who had a full beard at 12 years old.
>>
>>8700377
>Transitioning after you have grown facial hair
>>
>>8700872
Why doesn't laser last forever? I always thought it did. Don't they both work by burning out the hair follicles?
>>
>>8700864
Wait, what? A year? That's it?
Well that's disappointing. Guess I need to look at face epilation cuz I ain't dropping a grand a year on this shit and ten grand for electrolysis is 'Yeah, right' tier.
>>
>>8700444
this
If I can totally get rid of my facial hair for ~$300 with laser, and it doesnt come back for 15 years, thats more efficient than $1200 for electro
>>
>>8700892
>>8700912
Laser can miss a lot of hair, and you have to have very dark hair for best results. And most laser clinics are garbage.
>>
People who have already grown facial hair should be gatekept from transitioning

/thread
>>
>>8701010
I'll take the bait, but why's that?
>>
I have very thin, sparse, dark hairs on my chin and above lip. Fair skinned to tan.
What's my best bet?
I only need to shave a couple times a week to stay smooth, but I would like to just be rid of it permanently.
>>
>>8700892
they both kill the follicles in exactly the same manner
>>
File: CWC.png (593KB, 879x620px) Image search: [Google]
CWC.png
593KB, 879x620px
>>8700377
>20 years old
>still can't grow facial hair
>there were kids in school who got it at 14
You ungrateful shits
>>
>>8700912
Facial hairs roots are typically too deep for laser to remove the follicles without damaging the skin. Most clinics use underpowered lasers to avoid skin damage so the follicle simply gets 'stunned' for a couple years and the hair will return.
Just go lookup reviews on realself and you'll see quite a few people regrow their facial hair after 2-5 years. Some clinics are successful though, depends how well they treat your skin for the heat damage so that they can use higher energy.
But facial hair has like a solid 0.5-0.75 inches of roots to it, usually laser can't reach. Galvanic electrolysis is really the only surefire way to get at it.
>>
I only need to get rid of the facial hair on my upper lip. Should I just go with electrolysis instead? It shouldn't be that expensive, right?
>>
>>8700377
I hear laser is cheaper. I myself have to go to electrolosys because its the only thing in the area and I hear black people have to have a specific kind of laser.
>>
>>8701465
If you're black it's probably not even worth bothering to look for laser
>>
>>8701471
apparently there are places that offer broad spectrum lasers but I didnt really look into that much because the very fact that it requires a specialized kind of laser tells me that its probably going to cost more than normal laser. Also, the first places I saw that had one are in Atlanta, Ga And Texas, Two places that are on my "I will never, ever set foot in these places unless Im fucking kidnapped and brought there against my will" list.
>>
For those of you who have gone through electrolysis, how many hours of electrolysis did it take for complete facial hair removal?
>>
>>8700377
Because its free in my country
>>
>>8702345
Depends on a lot of factors but the general estimate for the average beard is anywhere between 100 to 200 hours.

t. tranny with 70 hours
>>
>>8702381
How is your facial hair currently?
>>
>>8702387
It's kinda patchy because so much hair has been removed but I still have a ways to go.
>>
>>8700377
>tfw tranny weebs keep posting anime pictures
>they don't know that this is my fetish
I've cum 3 times today already, thank you weeb tranny. You're truly a blessing from God himself >>8700377
>>
>>8702402
Is it still coarse or soft? Has it turned white?
>>
>>8701023
Because this board is filled with closet pedophiles who fetishize the thought of 9 year olds crossdressing. It's 4chan, of course the shotafags show up in EVERY FUCKING THREAD with their disgusting tendencies.
>>
>>8702410
My electrologist has always focused on the coarser hairs so it's much softer.

Why would the hair be turning white?
>>
>>8702424
I read that for some people their hair turns white and fine.

How many months ago did you start? When do you expect to be finished?
>>
>>8702416
What the fuck? You're projecting worse than the Catholic Church.
>>
>>8702432
They must be talking about hairs that weren't treated right and grew back weaker.

My facial hair is much softer and less visible, but that's only because the thicker hairs are being removed.

I've had maybe 4 months of electro. It could be another 2 years before I'm done. But that's because I do only 2 hours a week and my electrologist works slow.
>>
>>8702460
Has the speed of regrowth slowed considerably?
>>
>>8700377
Laser is permanent, they just can't guarantee that all the follicles get nuked, so it has to be labeled as "permanent reduction" and not "permanent removal"
>>
>>8702460
How much have you spent so far?
>>
>>8702470
No? Electrolysis doesn't slow hair growth. It kills hair permanently.
>>
>>8702486
It requires a few passes before hair is permanently removed.
>>
>>8702485
Thousands. I've lost count at this point.
>>
>>8702492
Each follicle takes only one treatment when treated correctly. It's the multiple growth cycles that require several passes.
>>
>>8702500
You're splitting hairs.
>>
>>8702519
What do you mean?
>>
>>8702460
>It could be another 2 years before I'm done.

Does that mean you can't go full time girl modo before then?
>>
>>8702612
I'm lucky enough to not have any beard shadow after I shave so that doesn't get in the way of presenting full time.
>>
>>8702713
But don't the hairs have to be at least a certain length for electrolysis? Do you have to be a beard lady before each appointment?
>>
>>8702737
Yeah I do. I can only do girl mode like three times a week because of that.
>>
>>8705754
Are you a NEET?
>>
>>8705863
No lol. I present male/whatever on off days.
>>
>>8705928
suffering
>>
>>8705965
Truly.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.