[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any circumstances in which someone who is trans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 5801540912_2dfe8af1e6_z.jpg (180KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5801540912_2dfe8af1e6_z.jpg
180KB, 640x480px
Are there any circumstances in which someone who is trans should not transition?
>>
>>8699217
>attraction to women
>late onset (eight and up)
>we're ID'd as have """GID""" by matching with egg-criteria
>>
File: 1502298907234.jpg (63KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1502298907234.jpg
63KB, 520x638px
Transitioning is always a bad idea. There are way too many risks for an ultimately cosmetic change. It's far better to continue cross dressing to satisfy the autogynephilia than it is to permanently mutilate oneself
>>
>>8699235
But I have anatomic agp, not transvestic
>>
>>8699235
>Implying trans people transition only to 'look' like a girl.
>>
>>8699240
The point still stands, that ultimately it is better to seek satisfaction through other means than through permanent mutilation. There is a massive group of post-ops that express regret for having the surgery, as the reality of the surgery is far messier than most would have you believe. Dilation has ruined many MtF people's lives alone, with the discharge, high infection rate, and bleeding all adding icing to the horrific cake.

Transitioning is a bad idea in all cases except in cases of hermaphraditism
>>
>>8699217
you shouldn't transition if you are straight as your biological gender, I honestly think a male transitioning into a lesbian or a female transitioning into a gay is just silly
>>
>>8699266
Why? What about bisexuals who lean one way or the other? Or asexuals?
>>
>>8699290
>What about bisexuals
don't exist
>Or asexuals?
people with hormone issues? They might benefit from transitioning
>>
>>8699247
trans are literally agp, so mostly yes
>>
File: 1493072800500.png (540KB, 1426x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1493072800500.png
540KB, 1426x1450px
If you will blatantly not pass, I feel like repression is the better choice unless you feel like being an obviously non-passing transperson will still help to alleviate dysphoria rather than possibly just making it worse.

Age and genetics are the biggest factors. People who are 25+ will have a much, much harder time than those who started earlier, and if you're born with an obviously male frame or face, you're pretty much just fucked. It's the sad truth and I honestly feel pretty bad for those who want to transitions but got bent over by genetics.
>>
>>8699266
Dat internalized homophobia.

>>8699217
Yes, anon. That circumstance is: transitioning makes your dysphoria worse.

That's not most of us. The overwhelming majority of us have our dysphoria lessened by transition. But if you start HRT and find it makes dysphoria worse, you should probably stop and try to find another way to cope.
>>
>>8699217

If it would be more dangerous to your health than not transitioning

that's about it

If you're trans, it's almost always best to transition
>>
>>8699264
whats the better alternative? suicide?
>>
>>8699363
the best alternative is ignoring /pol/sters who spread false information about srs and transitioning
>>
>>8699349
>>8699356
>If you're trans, it's almost always best to transition
[citation needed]
>>
if you don't pass you should carefully consider if you want to socially transition or not
but going on hormones is almost always the right decision
>>
>>8699217
should probably see a therapist and get some help
>>
>>8699217
i don't think i would pass so i dont transition i think being suicidally depressed ontop of an unpassing tranny is how i would actually end up killing myself
>>
>>8699217
>Transitioning is always a bad idea. There are way too many risks for an ultimately cosmetic change. It's far better to continue cross dressing to satisfy the autogynephilia than it is to permanently mutilate oneself

No need to cut your dick off babe. Learn to love what you got and flaunt it. Plenty of femme
>>
>>8699400
>but going on hormones is almost always the right decision
[citation needed]
>>
>>8699264
>>8699235
transition is NOT synonymous with SRS
>>
Depends on definition of trans
If transtrender, no
>>
>>8699235
Yeah thats not how dysphoria works.
You are talking about transvestism
Transvestites shouldnt transition
Transsexuals should
>>
>>8700386
>Transsexuals should
[citation needed]
>>
>>8700460
>[citation needed]
[citation needed]
>>
>>8700481
No source, cool.
>>
>>8699340
People like me
>>
>>8699217
Cis-trans is a spectrum.
>>
>>8699217
If you live in an environment where you could get killed for that I guess
>>
>>8699349
>That circumstance is: transitioning makes your dysphoria worse.
But that's literally 100% vague. "You shouldn't transition when you shouldn't transition."
>>
>>8707510
It's...not vague at all, anon. Maybe you didn't understand what I meant; but I've known a couple of people to go off HRT after a trial period because they discovered HRT to actually spike their dysphoria to unbearable levels. So they had to stop taking it, as the cure was worse than the disease.

That doesn't happen to MOST trans people, and no one should expect it. Most trans people have dysphoria greatly alleviated by HRT alone. But anyone looking to potentially transition should be made aware that for a small minority of people, dysphoria gets MUCH worse on HRT. If this happens to you, you should probably not try to push through it based on what OTHER people experience - act on your own experience. If it makes you MORE mentally unhealthy, you should probably look for other solutions.

I hope that longer explanation is clearer.
>>
>>8707575
I see now, thank you. I'm not sure I agree that that's the online time you shouldn't transition though.
>>
If The Rock was secretly trans, should he transition?
>>
>>8707657
Why not?
>>
In the case that you're too old/unpassable that you'd cause damage to more legitimate trans people
>>
>>8707657
>get home late from work
>dead tired
>kick shoes off
>"Honey, I'm h..."
>DO YA SMELLLLLLLL WHAT THE RAWK IS COOKING?!
>>
>>8699217
when you're 6'5"
>>
>>8699340
or when you look ok but you're tall as fuck
>>
>>8699363
waiting until actual VR lets you be a real girl
>>
>>8699304
>Bisexuals don't exist

Stopped listening right there
>>
>>8710780
when
>>
>>8699247
Of course they do. They don't transition to "feel" like the opposite sex, do they? Because they already do, hence the desire to transition.
>>
>>8699217
I'm sorry but the whole "I was born like this" BS needs to stop.
Do not transition.
Gender dysphoria is about shame. Try to heal your shame before mutilating your body.
>>
>>8713461

But I don't feel shame desu, now what?
>>
>>8713485
Become a girl if you want.
>>
>>8713461
>the whole "I was born like this" BS needs to stop.
?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.