[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LGBT/ what is your opinion on Islam as a whole? And how do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9275.jpg (39KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9275.jpg
39KB, 640x519px
/LGBT/ what is your opinion on Islam as a whole? And how do you feel about those who are queer Muslims?
>>
File: 9rqxk7gtqt7z.png (1MB, 1080x1119px) Image search: [Google]
9rqxk7gtqt7z.png
1MB, 1080x1119px
>>
>>8672482
>And how do you feel about those who are queer Muslims?
Same way I feel about Jewish Nazis.
>>
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what religion or sexuality somebody identifies with. Just as long as they don't try to force it on other people, it's fine.
>>
File: tumblr_okt9i0p0Cx1ugum33o1_500.jpg (40KB, 480x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okt9i0p0Cx1ugum33o1_500.jpg
40KB, 480x590px
Institutional Islam in its current socio-political context is a rival to Western civilization, so I oppose it. It rejects the Holy Trinity and the Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, so I disagree with it. Individual Muslims are fine though, I respect those who have faith even if I think it incorrect or politically rivalrous.

Queer Muslims must have it rough, being Queer Catholic I can relate on some level to the struggles they must have. Hope they find peace.
>>
>>8672482
Most Muslim Americans support LGBT people, however they have hesitation on supporting Muslim LGBT which is pretty much the same with modern Orthodox Jews.

Personally I'm cool with them and they are cool with me and I live in a neighborhood full of them as a very visible queer person.
>>
at least it's better than judaism
>>
islam and judiasm have theology based in mathematics. christanity is based in faith.

don't shit a brick too soon
>>
>>8672566
t.aqiyya
>>
Worse than Catholicism, but with significantly less power in western countries.
>>
>>8672482
I don't believe I know any in person, but I wouldn't have a problem with someone if I found out they were Muslim. I think the anti-Muslim hysteria that's seen a lot online these days is misguided at best and hateful at worst.
>>
>>8672482
deport all mudslims, save Europe and the West
>>
>>8672482
the quran is full of stupid, bronze age bullshit and commands it's followers to hold themselves and each other to inhumane standards. similar to christianity, the only tolerable followers in islam are the ones who are so modern and westernized that their religion isn't even in their top 5 qualities.
>>
It's a religion, so I don't really like it on principle.

I actually like openly queer religious people, even if it is a bit of a contradiction, as it is a sign that religion is growing more liberal and less powerful.
>>
>>8672482
queer and feminist Muslims have a huge conflict of interest, I can only imagine the cognitive dissonance that makes one say wearing a hijab is empowering
>>
>>8672482

Nothing wrong with the religion or underlying beliefs, and the vast majority are lovely people who bear nothing but good will to all mankind.

And then you have the people who take it too far. Use the organised religion aspect to demonstrate power over people. Inflict their will onto others and make it all about their interpretation of the religion. You see it in catholocism, protestant christianity, hinduism, sikhism - hell, even certain buddhist offshoots pull this shit.

>Believe what I believe is right or you're the enemy
>Everyone who isn't a believer is an enemy
>Whoever we can't convert we should treat as sub-human

Unfortunately it's become all too easy to focus on the us vs them mentality of west vs islam, creating fear and mistrust instead of mutual understanding.
>>
>>8674610
>I can only imagine the cognitive dissonance that makes one say wearing a hijab is empowering

I sort of get the sentiment. It ultimately depends on if it's an autonomous choice or something forced on you.

>I don't think any man is worthy of seeing my beauty except the one I choose to be with
Empowering

>My family/husband makes me wear this because nobody but them may see me
Slavery

Either way I really think the face veil needs to go. Not because of islamophobia or misogyny, but simply because we're in a society where anonymity is unsettling. Much like how the Sikhs couldn't carry their knives around with them in the modernday without freaking people out, religious views shouldn't trump public peace.
>>
>>8674673
>I really think the face veil needs to go. Not because of islamophobia or misogyny, but simply because we're in a society where anonymity is unsettling

T. Big Brother
>>
>>8674673
is wearing a suit to an interview an autonomous choice or something forced on you

what about pants in public? its legal to be naked in public where i live no one is forcing anyone to not be naked.
>>
>>8674731
>is wearing a suit to an interview an autonomous choice or something forced on you
Idiot comparison.
>>
We, as an oppressed people, need allies. So what do we do? We become the allies of other oppressed people in hopes that they'll do the same.

That said though, I have nothing against Islam as long as their not forcing other people to be muslim or beheading the infidel haramis.

I'm kind of iffy of forcing any kind of religion upon a child. So idk....
>>
>>8672566
>I live in a neighborhood full of them as a very visible queer person
MtF don't count they already force their own to be that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.