[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with homophobic people? People who believe you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 43.png (345KB, 1100x1604px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
345KB, 1100x1604px
How do you deal with homophobic people?

People who believe you shouldn't marry? People who believe all kind of wrong things about gay individuals?

How do you deal with the fact these people despise you for no reason other than who you are?
>>
>>8671964
Tell em to suck my cock.

Nah, I just shrug and keep walkin. There's no real reason to pick a fight.
If I'm actively being harassed I just try to have a calm argument (that never works).

My grandmother is catholic so she's very against me being bi, going so far as to straight tell me I'm not just because I haven't been with a man.

Tried to tell her I jerk to dick but she wasn't having it.

She also talked shit when I was dating black girl.

So yeah I unno, fuck phobes. They don't deserve time of day.
>>
>>8671964
The same way I deal with starving african babies.
I don't have to because it's not my problem.
>>
>>8671964
Straightforwardly. You know, I actually get my shit together and tackle the issue.

I discover what's wrong with them, and I work at creating awareness for that, for facilitating others capable of doing the right thing in acknowledging their defectiveness, and treating them properly.
>>
>>8672018
With each of them? Everytime?
>>
>>8672018
so apparently being against something that you are is considered a defect. ok
>>
>>8672018
>>8672025
Yeah that seems like a hassle man.

I'm just trying to enjoy a cigarette (fag HAHA) and get called homo or whatever cause how I'm holding it or whatever I'm talking about.

Let em fester in their ignorance.
If they act out then beat their ass.
>>
>>8671964
If I absolutely have to deal with them I just live like dadt around them. Otherwise I'm sweet as fuck to them.

It kinda works sometimes. I've had a number of formerly very homophobic people tell me I changed their mind because they couldn't get that I was so nice yet gay.

Otherwise even when it doesn't work my ethics are that someone else having shitty morals and being an asshole isn't reason enough for me to have shitty morals and be an asshole.

If they're a violent asshole well I never go out alone and spar boxing 4 times a week for a reason.
>>
>>8671980
>My grandmother is catholic

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Jawbone of an ass, not jawbone of glass!

Noah and his ark, not explosion in the dark!

Tender of the flock, not bender to the cock!
>>
>>8672035
>/lgbt/
>defending homophobia

Pick one
>>
>>8672042
>Noah and his ark, not explosion in the dark!

>Tender of the flock, not bender to the cock!

Kek, thank you anon, havent seen those yet
>>
>>8672035
Okay at what? That is very devoid of logic.

People have a NEED to handle the defective.
I have the ABILITY to liberate their drive to do so.

So, basically, I have a duty here.
>>
This is interesting OP. I feel homophobia is still largely tolerated in the western world. Racism gets called out for example, while people who rage against gay marriage and think gay are unnatural are "just their opinion."

What drives me nuts is how these people seem to think if they wait enough all the gay will go away, and are unable to comprehend gay are people like them with their own dreams and hopes.

>>8672043
There a fairly huge number of red-pilled/right wing gays here.
>>
>>8672025
No, at a natural pace. As inspiration comes. As opportunities come. Particularly as I discover them really asking for it.
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0225.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>8672051
>So, basically, I have a duty here.
>>
>>8672056
>There a fairly huge number of red-pilled/right wing gays here.

Gosh dang moral absolutism, gets me everytime.
>>
>>8672061
It's the essence of being civilized, forward and a decent comrade.
>>
File: 1415556683482.png (256KB, 767x750px) Image search: [Google]
1415556683482.png
256KB, 767x750px
>>8672069
>comrade
>>
>>8671964
Option a:
>Get buff
>Enjoy people being afraid to tell you shit
Option b:
>Ignore
I personally use a bit of both, so homophobes aren't a problem
>>
>>8672040
>I've had a number of formerly very homophobic people tell me I changed their mind because they couldn't get that I was so nice yet gay.

I've never understood that. That doesn't make sense. If the mere act of being nice is enough to change their minds, for what reason do they hate you in the first place ? That's just utterly incomprehensible to me. Do they also hate other categories of people and would stop if these people just acted nice around them ?
>>
>>8674035
Not him, but I think it does. Truth it, most homophobes don't ever interact with gay people, or rather they think they don't.

Homosexuality has the disadvantage of being "invisible" compared to racism, that's why homophobia and legal rights were late compared to other rights
>>
>>8674285
Doesn't really answer my point. You don't hate people on the sole basis of not having met them.
>>
>>8674299
>You don't hate people on the sole basis of not having met them.
You are acting like homophobia is something that totally makes sense. Most homophobes only are so toward gay men and love lesbians. Heck, I've seen people go "I wish I was lesbians"

People always hated everything that is new, different and unknown. Plus religion.
>>
>>8674304
I've always thought that since they are able to be so violent toward us, that means they must know something that I don't about being gay, something that makes it objectively and inherently wrong, and for some reason they just can't explain what that thing is. I've gone through pretty much all of their arguments and I found them either lacking or not having anything to do with gayness. For example, I can perfectly understand people hating anal sex and people who practise it, but that's not something inherently linked to gayness. Sometimes I really wonder wether we'd act the same toward them if we were the majority and them, the minority. The probable true answer kind of worries me.
>>
>>8671964
>How do you deal with homophobic people?
i stay in the closet and fuck their children (once they are of age)
>How do you deal with the fact these people despise you for no reason other than who you are?
same way i deal with anti-white retards. people can hate me forwhatever reason they want. if it's not something i can, and want to, fix then i ignore it and keep going
>>
>>8674412
You are overthinking, really. Especially when it comes to religious nutjobs.
>>
I have never had a serious problem. Most people just think you are a little weird from that point forward but generally don't care. If anyone gets to running their mouth too much I will tell them to shut the fuck up, and I am not above fighting if I need to. I've only had one real situation where someone really wouldn't keep their mouth shut, but he was afraid to fight me so I let him walk.
>>
>>8674412
It is very simple. Plus Christians are pretty tolerant of gay people because we do not have religious court systems.
>>
File: gay laser.jpg (21KB, 475x310px) Image search: [Google]
gay laser.jpg
21KB, 475x310px
>>8671964
>How do you deal with homophobic people?
>>
>>8674437
Christians either secretly hate us or pretend to be on our side with retarded arguments (muh temple prostitution)
>>
>>8674470
I meant secretly or openly, of course, since many of them also do that.
>>
>>8672056
The one that bothers me most is how "there are two sides to every argument", "I'm just being the devils advocate", and so on. No, there fucking aren't two sides when your side consists of invalidating my identity. You don't get to claim you're justified in saying who I am at my core is wrong.

If you said the same things about race, it's "race realism", which is just a dog whistle for racism.
>>
>>8674542
>racism
There's a difference between "racism" and "why yes there are differences between different types of people otherwise there wouldn't be types in the first place." Race realism is an attempt to make that distinction.
>>
>>8674592
isn't race realism saying "blacks have lower iq on average, so it must be an innate trait that proves they are lesser"
>>
>>8674477
That's true.
>>
>>8671964
Rape them
>>
>>8671964
My bigger problem is with people who stare or make weird awkward "supportive" comments when I'm walking together with my boyfriend. The goal should be to normalize it not make it like we're special or some spectical to virtue signal off of.
>>
>>8677397
>weird awkward "supportive" comments
Such as?
>>
>>8672093
why are you shitting on some people's culture like such a biggot?
>>
>>8674644
blacks have lower iq on average, so it must be an innate trait.

Everything we know about IQ suggests it depends a lot on genetics. That would only make blacks inferior at IQ, however.

Is there any denying that certain black tribes are the best at running? I don't think people even talk about that, it's just accepted because there's no way to say "no that's not true". The same happens with IQ, but since IQ is used by pretty much anything relevant, people get uneasy around the subject.

Blacks have advantages in basketball, in running and in a lot of things. Asians have the upper hand in math and the sciences, etc.

Do note that this is not the same as "all asians are better in math than all whites". A black can still be the smartest person in the world, it's just UNLIKELY, and a black chosen randomly is bound to be dumber than a white chosen randomly.
>>
>>8677753
Is the gender difference in IQ also innate?(men being the vast majority of extremely high and low scores, women being the middle scores, and on average men and women being the same or men very slightly higher, depending on the study.)
>>
>>8677753
isn't IQ fairly culturally dependent? and it also doesn't account for "types" of intelligences? whenever I see IQ I take it with a grain of salt
>>
I sneak into their house and leave a horse head on their bed
>>
>>8677452
'Im happy for you guys', 'good for you two', etc. We went on a date one night and some random guy who was eating in the restaurant said 'have a good night fellas' to us out of no where as he was leaving.

It was so awkward and out of place I still think about it to this day. This guy saw us come into the restaurant, somehow picked out that we were a couple, had an internal dialogue with himself about his stance on our relationship and must have done it for so long he forgot we're complete strangers and said something only to us as he walked out, of the 9 or 10 people waiting for a table.

I hate that I'm gonna have to experience this for the rest of my life and that a large portion of our community would rather they're seen as something special when we should be focused on being seen as normal.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.