[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever beat their gender dysphoria? What is life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Has anyone here ever beat their gender dysphoria? What is life like for you now?

I think I have or am well on my way at least.
I used to think I was ftm, had dysphoria pretty much my entire life, and wanted more than anything to transition. But a little over a year ago I came out as gay and since then my dysphoria has waned significantly as I learn to love myself the way I am.

I'm much more comfortable with sex and sexuality now. I'm more comfortable with my appearance because I don't feel pressured to dress super feminine. I'm more confident, outgoing and happy than ever before.

If I could push a button and be a male I still would, but I can't and I'm going to love myself anyway. As a proud gay woman.
>>
>>8671950
are you a terf yet?
>>
>>8671958
not really, why would I be?
>>
I have overcome most of my gender dysphoria and I am in a hetrosexual relationship with a woman.

However there is a part of me that wishes I was a female, I have mostly set that aside. However I am sure with the advancements in technology I could see myself becoming more conflicted again.

With VR, videogames, reading, cyoa, pov pictures, etc. most of my desires are fulfilled. I am comfortable being a man, but I would be comfortable as a woman, intersex or agender as well.

As a man I am hetrosexual, but if I was a woman I believe I would be bisexual, same as if I were intersex, if I was agender I think either I would have no desire or I would be bi.

Anyways it is a hard thing to talk about because you will always face opposition no matter what. That opposition could be internal, external or maybe a bit of both.

Gender dysphoria can suck, but you can learn to live with it. (25 year old man speaking here, could be very wrong)

Who knows maybe I will change my mind down the road and transition, but currently I am complacent with my life.
>>
>>8671950
Being able to be a turbo-butch instead of ftm is female privilege at it's finest. If I could basically be a woman but not suffer any repercussions as long as I still call myself a man that's what I'd do to.
>>8671995
future hon detected
>>
>>8672012
Lol alot of things would need to happen before I would consider transitioning.
One of which is a better process of transitioning.
So I doubt I will be ever going through with it in my life time.
Closest thing I will get to what I want will probably be better VR.
>>
>>8672012
If you're actually FtM though, living as a butch woman isn't that good because you are still living as a woman. Butch women aren't men lite, and it's not "basically living as a man".
>>
>>8672100
Quick question are you from Ontario cause the way you write reminds me of someone. Not in a bad way or anything
>>
>>8672105
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm from Virginia.
>>
>>8672100
What's the difference though?
>>
>>8672116
People still treat you like a woman and no testosterone or top surgery means you still look and sound like a woman and really, clothes and a short haircut didn't do that much for my dysphoria at least.

Also, butch lesbians still face social stigma for breaking gender roles. Not nearly as much as non-passing mtfs or really fem dudes, but it still sucks to deal with.
>>
>>8672132
>People still treat you like a woman
If you don't pass you still won't be treated as a man even if you transition.

>butch lesbians still face social stigma for breaking gender roles.
Same if you transition but don't pass.

"living as a butch woman isn't that good because you are still living as a woman" would more accurately be "not passing as a man isn't that good because you are still living as a woman (or inbetween)"
>>
>>8672152
But FtMs nearly always pass after being on testosterone long enough, so it's kind of a moot point.
>>
>>8672158
Fair point, I guess I was genderswapping your posts and imagining them as an MTF.
>>
>>8672204
That's fair enough, and that's why I acknowledged that non-passing mtfs have it way worse. You get the really shitty end of the stick.
>>
>>8672105
huh? what person would that be?
>>
>>8672246
A girl I met, similar situation.
>>
>>8671950
trenders everyone
>>
>>8671950
Well if I'm really busy with my life it distracts me a ton. But I still think about it, it's just not as bad.
When I don't have any work to do or any school my depression gets really bad and I constantly think about it
>>
>>8671950
Yeah, I've beaten it, I've beaten it savagely. Life for me is generally miserable in all sorts of ways, as it has always been set up to be. As if that's much of an issue in the grand scheme of making the best use of it contrary to the extreme dangers and all levels of consequences of transitioning,
>>
File: KIF_2832.jpg (348KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KIF_2832.jpg
348KB, 1600x1200px
>>8672353
>EXTREME DANGER
>>
>>8671950
Dysphoria doesn't just "go away". You either repressed or didn't have it. That's not beating it, that's refusing to address the issue.

Still though...if you're happy, and you live a happy life in spite of it, I'm glad for you. Maybe you're just the rare person that can be happy while repressing. Or maybe you'll transition at 50.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.