[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think a serious or at least meaningful relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1446581274214.jpg (14KB, 552x539px) Image search: [Google]
1446581274214.jpg
14KB, 552x539px
Do you guys think a serious or at least meaningful relationship can spring from dating apps?

My girlfriend and I would like to add a 3rd person to our relationship, it's not just about sex but we want to care for someone else as much as we care for each other, if that makes sense.

(Disclaimer) This is my first time on this board and I'm a fucking idiot with words, please forgive me if I say something offensive.

After my girlfriend and I talked about this I matched with a trans girl (mtf) to Tinder, we talked for a while and she seemed interested, and before going to sleep she gave me her phone number without me asking for it.
I told her I would text her the next day and I did in the morning but she didn't reply until late at night so I missed it and didn't reply for about an hour.

So I really don't know if she was interested at the time and not anymore because she's so hard to get a hold of.

Here is the thing my girlfriend saw her picture and she was really into her.
But I don't know how or even if to bring up the subject, I mean she matched with me on Tinder not with my girlfriend and I don't even know if she is into girls.

So the bottom line is, I like this girl and so does my girlfriend but me talking to her without her knowing that just feels like I would be playing with her.

That even if she is interested.
>>
File: 1436759655143.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1436759655143.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>8670442

So here are my questions.

Should I keep texting her even tho she's so hard to talk to?

Should I tell her that my girlfriend wants to meet her? if so, before or after getting to meet her myself?
>>
File: 1447535288618.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447535288618.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Anyone?
>>
File: 1499790666583.jpg (261KB, 719x526px) Image search: [Google]
1499790666583.jpg
261KB, 719x526px
bump?
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
Just came back from work and still nothing? or is this board empty?
>>
>>8670442
> serious or at least meaningful relationship
From a dating app, yes. Polyamorous relationship, maybe but most of the ones I've seen have crashed and burned.
>>
>>8672267
>most of the ones I've seen have crashed and burned.

Can you share some of what you've seen?
>>
>>8672279
I used to be a very active member of the Burning Man community, having been to the Playa multiple times as well as various regional burns (polyamory is almost the norm there). Also live in SF Bay where it's common. The general issues seem to be:

1. Jealously between partners within the relationship due to imbalance of love / sex / attention
2. Jealousy toward others in the relationship due to the fear that one partner is simply using polyamory as a way to fuck multiple people (and is therefore more prone to cheating)
3. If there's a fight or drama between two people in the relationship it can lead to issues with the third person not being able to resolve it or even taking sides in some cases
4. Family generally doesn't understand or accept these arrangements and will shame people for not settling down with one person (maybe less of an issue to LGBT who are used to family pressures)
5. Less time for everyone in the relationship to focus on individual pursuits
6. Polyamorous marriage is not a thing in most countries (not an issue if you don't want to get married)
7. Stress from investing too much of yourself into multiple people. With casual sex this isn't an issue, but you're talking about emotions which can get messy.

Generally, the relationships seem to start fine and then fights start happening (as with all relationships). The fights I have seen in these relationships tend to get very fucking violent though. I had an ex roommate try to stab her boyfriend because he was fucking their girlfriend and she was mad at her. She kicked the fucking door off the hinges and we had to restrain her. Seen a lot of emotional and physical abuse, suicide, homelessness, etc. come as a result of poly relationships.

I'm sure it's possible to have a healthy poly relationship, but it takes a lot of emotional maturity. I would say MOST people don't have the emotional maturity necessary for it.
>>
>>8672335
Thanks for sharing, man.

What do you think about the answer I will provide?

>Jealously between partners within the relationship due to imbalance of love / sex / attention
This could be an issue, seeing as my girlfriend and I have been together for so long but I think we both would try to make her feel welcome.

>Jealousy toward others in the relationship due to the fear that one partner is simply using polyamory as a way to fuck multiple people (and is therefore more prone to cheating)
Again this could be an issue with the new person to the relationship, but my girlfriend and I have our reasons to not cheat. it's one of the reason we have been together for so long.

>If there's a fight or drama between two people in the relationship it can lead to issues with the third person not being able to resolve it or even taking sides in some cases
I really don't think this would be an issue for us.

>Family generally doesn't understand or accept these arrangements and will shame people for not settling down with one person (maybe less of an issue to LGBT who are used to family pressures)
Definitely not an issue for our families, or in this case mine since my girlfriend has no family.

>Less time for everyone in the relationship to focus on individual pursuits
I cannot understand this, I would think it provides more time.

>Polyamorous marriage is not a thing in most countries (not an issue if you don't want to get married)
Not interested in marriage.

>Stress from investing too much of yourself into multiple people. With casual sex this isn't an issue, but you're talking about emotions which can get messy.
I might be speaking from inexperience but I really don't see this being an issue.

Again it all depends on her tho, and I still have no reply from her.
>>
>>8672453
Idk man, most of your answers are sort of a lazy "I don't think that's going to be a problem". It's a bit of a dismissive attitude for someone who intends to hold down a polyamorous relationship. You and your girl have built up a lot of trust but she's a human and so are you. Humans change, our experiences shape us. You have no way of saying for certain that this experience will shape you two in a positive or negative way. You don't know because you haven't tried it, and to brush everything off is a bit naive and irresponsible.

> This could be an issue, seeing as my girlfriend and I have been together for so long but I think we both would try to make her feel welcome.
Seems like you're not so committed to the idea. You're talking about bringing a transgirl into your relationship. Are you two ready to be there for her when she's crying under the covers for hours and saying "go away" because she's struggling with dysphoria? Or what about potential jealously toward your cis female partner (sorry transgirls, you know this happens). Just because you and your wife are well-adjusted, doesn't mean whoever you bring into your relationship will be (or that you will remain well-adjusted after going through this).

> I cannot understand this, I would think it provides more time.
You have two girlfriends now. What are you going to do, spend half as much love and time and energy with each? Or you and your girl will share it somehow? You have to think this through. This isn't like a job where you take shifts. You're talking about creating and maintaining emotional bonds with human beings.

Overall, it seems like you and your girlfriend trust eachother a lot which is a good sign. But your attitude is sort of lackadaisical which is generally what I see with these poly relationships that crash and burn.

But whatever, do what you want. Good luck man.
>>
Congrats, you're that shitty person that leads people on via dating apps before dropping the "I already have a committed partner but we want threesomes" bomb.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.