[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry /american-muslims-are-no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/american-muslims-are-now-more-accepting-of-homosexuality-than-white-evangelicals_us_597f3d8de4b02a4ebb76ea3d?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

Remember when you idiots rushed to defend christian terrorists while whining against muslim throwing gays off roofs?
>>
File: trash.png (270KB, 373x503px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
270KB, 373x503px
>huffington post
>>
>>8661227

Didn't take long for your denial to kick in
>>
Oh boy, what good news.

Quick, let's accept more American Muslim immigrants!
>>
>>8661212
The headline does note that they're talking about white EVANGELICALS, not whites or Christians in general, while comparing them to the general Muslim population of the US. That said, it is extremely transparent when people try to defend their anti-LGBT actions and attitudes by saying "But what about Islam?".
>>
>>8661212
This is a good thing, don't know why you're so ass blasted about it.
>>
>>8661569
You tell em Cletus, we ain't havin none of those gay arab commies.
>>
>>8661212
>Muslims
>Accepting
I don't see how that'd be possible, motherfucker.
>>
>trusting any of those groups
>ever again
It's like people don't learn from history.
>>
>>8661921

So basically you admit you're desperate. Typical conservative
>>
>>8661569

Yes, actually. People are more likely to change for the better through positive reinforcement
>>
File: 1501387018977.gif (55KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501387018977.gif
55KB, 300x200px
>>8661969
>>
Doesn't matter, we need to get rid of all religious people anyway. To believe in god in this day and age means your genes will only cause trouble in the future. Religion had its function in the past, but it's time to move beyond silly fairy tales.

Religion causes people to believe in the afterlife and belief in the afterlife causes people not to give a shit about this life. Religion is the driving force behind capitalism.
>>
>>8661212
Muslims don't deserve to live regardless of how they treat gay people.
>>
>>8662015
>we
>all human beings are equally the same at everything everywhere
>>
>>8661212
Taqqiya.

>We are the religion of peace, we love gay people!
>*sharpens knife*
>Please let more of us into your country--
>*loads AK-47*
>I promise you won't regret it!
>>
>>8667737
taqiyya doesn't work how you think but ok

t. raised by muslims but nonbelieving
>>
>>8661969
Holy shit, you're outrageously stupid. I can't believe you really missed the point of that post.

And no - when we're talking about Muslims from the Middle East - they're not. That's naive. ME Muslims are perfectly willing to tell you anything you want to hear to get in. Why? They're playing a long game of invasion they expect to win. There are more than enough videos out there of Arabic Muslims saying that they will trick us, that we are stupid, that they will turn the West Islamic and brown. You don't have ANY excuse not to know they are not trustworthy by now. Fuck.
>>
>>8667752
Dude, even if you were telling the truth, do you not grasp the problem here?

>your religion says that it's okay to lie to non-believers, so we can't trust anything you say
>it doesn't work like that, promise!

Why should we believe you? Your religion says you can lie to me. Why should I even believe you're secular when you're anonymous on the internet? Come on now.

The entire problem with these laws in Islam and Judaism is they make you deeply and fundamentally untrustworthy - forever. There is no reason for me to EVER believe you on anything.
>>
>>8667790
This g* gets it.

Christianity is the least shit of the three major abrahamic religions, because at least Christianity requires its followers to be honest about what they believe.

Sadly, atheists who don't understand this nuance are quick to characterize Christianity as "the worst", just because it doesn't lie to your face and pretend to love you.
>>
>>8667811
Judaism doesn't proselytize, Christianity does.
>>
Im not even gonna go down this rabbit hole.
>>
>>8661212

> belief in the afterlife causes people not to give a shit about this life.

But I thought we only invented religion to control the masses in this life by saying they wouldn't get to experience the next life if they were bad.

Make your mind up you retarded atheist
>>
>>8667765

>calling me stupid
>is this desperate to justify hypocrisy
>>
>>8667898

Lol, are you high? Or do you really think huffpost supports the atheist community, now whining endlessly about feminists and "le PC"?
>>
>>8661982

What point, then?
>>
>>8661212
>huffington post
Because they would never release rhetorical sensationalism that they will/have contradict/ed
>>
>>8667790
That is not how taqiyya works you retard.

You're literally using it as a buzzword to suit your own narrative right now.
>>
>>8661212
Evangelicals. Not all Christians, not all white people It's a manipulative politically driven statistic that's supposed to win people over on the basis that they won't read too much into it.
>>
>>8667811
I'm an atheist, actually, and I believe you're making it too complicated. The reason most atheists in the West are focused on Christianity is simply that they're culturally Christian and have never put any thought towards other religions before because they haven't had to.

Christopher Hitchens, before he died, was warning about our current situation but it fell on deaf ears. Dawkins has recently stated that Christianity is a lesser evil; I think an increasing number of big-name atheists are starting to realize how stupid it was to try to take Christianity down when it still functions as a buffer between us and bigger dangers.

I had a lot of personal animosity towards Christianity as a dumb kid, but I'd rather admit at the moment that this was short-sighted and put it aside.

>>8667847
All Abrahamic religions are fundamentally supremacist, but Christianity is the most civilized about it. You either "get" this or you don't.

>>8671331
I wasn't actually the one who brought it up. I'm just saying that you're not grasping the PR problem here. It literally doesn't MATTER what the term actually means - as soon as people know that there is SOME kind of teaching in Islam that states you can lie to non-Muslims under [whatever set of circumstances], you've opened up the possibility that nothing a Muslim says to a non-Muslim about Islam can ever be trusted.

I mean, yeah, you SAY, "that's not how taqiyya works," but how do I know that everyone interprets it the same way? You might believe that it is only acceptable under extreme circumstances, but what are "extreme circumstances" and how do people come to an agreement on that?

I don't know how you don't get this. You are not NECESSARILY trustworthy if you say, "I was taught it's never okay to lie." But it's a good starting point. You are NEVER trustworthy when you say, "I was taught it's okay to lie sometimes, but don't worry - now isn't that time!"
>>
>>8671386
Evangelicals are the biggest group of Christians in the US tho
>>
>>8671305
>"people don't lie, just believe them"
>"the muslims on Syria are the same as the muslims on the US"
>"dude just let them in"
>>
>>8661227
Here is the Pew data.
>>
>>8667811
>>8667847
>>8671424

jews and christcucks went through (a very difficult) reformation

reformation means adapting your culture/religion to be compatible with things like objective truth, rationality, empiricism

truth is a threat to institutions, their power is revealed to be illegitimate

the reason europe could reform was that the power of the religious institutions was degraded by increasingly powerful (secular or at least secular-ish) governments and a growing middle class

In the middle east religious leaders have been and continue to be powerful community leaders and there hasnt been much economic activity until the 20th century
>>
>>8671426
That explains so many things...
>>
>>8671426
sauce?
>>
>>8671424
>how do I know that everyone interprets it the same way
Not the muslim anon you were arguing with, but you do realize how fucking stupid that part of your argument sounded right?

By that logic, ALL religions are fucking awful because anyone can interpret anything (and have done so throughout history in all three abrahamic religions and plenty of others) to justify something morally "evil" in the secular sense.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.