[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we see more trans women than trans men? Wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Why do we see more trans women than trans men? Wouldn't we expect it to be a 50/50 split?
>>
>>8654935
Its more of an equal split, mtfs are just attention whores (like natal women)
>>
It's a 50/50 splint in children.

More female assigned people are able to cope with dysphoria better than male assigned people and choose not to transition
>>
>>8654935
>Wouldn't we expect it to be a 50/50 split?
Why?
>>
>>8654935
i feel like you're baiting someone to respond with blanchard shit here, bc he explains why he thinks so...
>>
>>8654935
various things like ease of repression/transition
>>
Impossible to say- not enough information/study regarding the subject.

I think it could be either because men are more sexually driven and this is all a sick fetish perversion-

OR

Women can already freely express their masculinity without much social repercussion from an early age throughout their entire life, so they don't build up the dysphoria? I mean, how many super manly dude-hating dykes have you seen in your life?
>>
>>8654935
Nature fucks men more this is just a fact look at Bell curves.
>>
>>8654950
Maby even more social acceptance due to various forms of media depicting it as normal.
>>
>>8654935
You don't. It completely depends where you're looking

For example, 4chan and Reddit have always been very AMAB centered, and the media has always paid more attention to trans women. Also MtFs are FAR less likely to pass, so they usually have no choice but to be visible.

However, there are some sites and places where trans women are extremely outnumbered by FtMs.
>>
>>8654971
This, variation in a population often occurs more in males as it's risky for females to deviate as much from what is 'working'.
>>
>>8654953
>OR
AND*
>>
THEORY: Female is the "default" state for humans, and a lot more can wrong during the development process for males than females.
>>
>>8655053
Becoming male IS going wrong desu.
>>
>>8655056
This tbdesu
>>
Frequent 4chan and twitter, formerly tumblr, and I will say it is a 50/50 split. FtMs go on twitter and tumblr because they still socialize like women and most are just AAP/oppression/attention whores.

MtFs go on 4chan because they still socialize like men, and because they hate themselves.
>>
Nobody knows for sure what the split is, but the best data we have suggests that it's 3:1 in favour of trans women. This is probably because disorders related to gender and sexuality in general just tend to affect males more - and the reasons for THAT are unclear.

>>8655139
People tend to stick with the kind of social platform they were first introduced to. They also might end up staying because they get invested in the political culture there.

The trans women here mostly don't socialize AT ALL like men. They 100% act like obnoxious, selfie-obsessed women. But they clearly started out on 4chan as teenagers, and stayed here.

Tumblr is plagued with Aidens, but there are also a lot of low-key trans men there who stick out as not fitting in very well. But they've got friends there, years of posts there...why would they leave?

I ultimately left Tumblr because my politics changed so much. But before I left, my inbox was full of messages from trans men and other people deeply uncomfortable with the political climate and the way people act on that site.
>>
>>8655139
what if ur mtf, start on 4chan, leave and go to tumblr, then still browse tumblr but return to 4chan right as you start transitioning?
>>
>>8655192
>it's 3:1 in favour of trans women
>This is probably because disorders related to gender and sexuality in general just tend to affect males more
which is the typo?
>>
>>8654945
Yeah I know plenty of manly women. Girly men are frowned upon, though, so I guess more trans men just decide that they might as well go the full nine yards.
>>
>>8655232
a "trans women" is a mtf, anon. There is no typo
>>
>>8655232
Trans women are male. I'm not going to inaccurately call trans women "female" and confuse the point I was trying to make just for your feels.
>>
>>8655248
Correction, if you are also >>8655237, then I misread what your issue was.

Trans women = MtF
Trans men = FtM

"more trans men just decide that they might as well go the full nine yards" is a statement that makes ZERO sense if you are suggesting MtFs transition more often, since it translates as saying FtMs transition more often.
>>
>>8655237
whoops I meant trans women. Still getting used to these terms, I guess
>>8655254
oh, looks like you beat me.
>>
Cause we just do it to fap
>>
>>8654935
because you're on 4chan, dummy
all the ftms are on tumblr
also the media centers on mtfs because ftms are less sensational, gender nonconformity is more accepted in girls
>>
File: 1423372111996.jpg (157KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
1423372111996.jpg
157KB, 1280x958px
>>8654935
men are simply more prone to abnormal psychology then fems
>>
>>8654935
It depends where you live. In central europe you have more ftms than mtfs.

link to the article
https://books.google.pl/books?id=JyNkIVdnuBYC&pg=PA301&lpg=PA301&dq=more+ftm+than+mtf+poland&source=bl&ots=pzkYa6tgG9&sig=8RADCQtC0PZ-27CdRg5mN77_PhE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicnqKo4rPVAhXCLlAKHd8vBqMQ6AEIYTAN#v=onepage&q=more%20ftm%20than%20mtf%20poland&f=false
>>
>>8654935
estrogen in the water
>>
Bc trans men are always shut out and trans women are given the spotlight. There are a lot of us.
>>
Being Masculine in western society is unbelievably shitty. There is immense pressure towards predatory behavior to get ahead while there is immense shame if you get caught. Feminism has no real answers because women are too resentful to have actual compassion for masculine presenting people. I would be queerer if I could but I have way the fuck too much body hair so I'd look like a sideshow freak.
>>
women have a larger support system and safety net and learn to cope with dysphoria better.
>>
>>8659549
This is complete horseshit. Dysphoria isn't fucking alcoholism, it doesn't get better with a goddamn support group.

Fuck you. Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.