[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a transgender >transgenders >transgendered That really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (796KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
796KB, 320x286px
>a transgender
>transgenders
>transgendered
That really grinds those gears.
>>
>>8643755
>all'a y'all tuh-RAAANNS-gendered's
>>
You'll get used to it after a while. It ain't worth getting your jimmies rustled over.
>>
>>8643755
>This is anon, she's transgendered to female.
t my mom
>>
File: palm.gif (2MB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
palm.gif
2MB, 600x335px
>"So you're transgender? Why do you WANT TO Be a woman? :^)"
>>
Iktf OP.
The worst is when young people, self styled allies, use "transgender" like a noun.

The other one that really bugs me is
>he's a she
>>
>>8643853
Considering that you're posting here instead of tumblr they asked the right question.
>>
>>8643860
Do you get bootyblasted by all use of adjectives as nouns, for example "the rich," or just this one?
>>
>>8643755
You forgot:
>transgendering

Literally had this said to me by a doctor.
>>
>>8644321
They're not really grammatically equivalent though, people say "a transgender" but not "a rich", and "the rich" but not "the transgender".
>>
>>8644523
>a white
>an atheist
>a woman
>>
>>8644533
>a white
That doesn't sound correct to me. I suppose it works with some words and sounds awkward with others.

>an atheist
Not really an adjective used as a noun, atheist as a noun seems to be more common than use of it as an adjective, so it seems like it's the reverse of what you're talking about.

>a woman
Not in any sense an adjective. Sometimes you use woman (a noun) where an adjective is expected, like "a woman firefighter", but again that's the opposite of the construct you're using.
>>
>>8644523
(I'm not the other person who replied, those were some bad examples.) I'm actually having some trouble coming up with the nounal case you have in mind. Is it something like "are you a transgender?" Because that's slightly awkward usage, but still grammatically plausible.
Or is this the analogous case to "the rich" of saying something like "the transgenders" to refer to the community? Or some other, even more obscure linguistic thing?
>>
>>8644533
>a gay
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.