[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRL I almost never see or hear any transphobia. However whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

IRL I almost never see or hear any transphobia. However whenever I read the comment section of a video or article about anything transgender the comments are always almost universally transphobic. Is this because a) on the internet is populated by a minority of vocal bigots with nowhere else to shout their opinions or b) a leftist minority in power are pushing a trans-friendly agenda that the majority of the public silently doesn't agree with?
>>
>>8641965
The former. The latter is too stupid to comprehend, and JUST because it's ludicrous to call the minority party in literally every position of power in the nation 'In power'.
>>
>>8642029
>I'm a brave strong man! DEFENDER OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION, DEUS MUHFUGGIN' VULT!
>Holy shit are you kidding?! I can't say that, a feminist might say something to me where others can hear how much of a bigot I am!
My. Sides.
>>
>>8642029
The same thing goes for literally any other letter or demographic of people.

"I don't feel comfortable letting my child near a Pride parade where a bunch of men are wearing fetish gear and blowing each other"

"Uh wow sweetie it's 2017 can you just like literally not? ugh"
>>
>>8642058
Thats the nature of opinions. Anyone can have them, no one can change them except the person who has them. However, once known, they can be used against you no matter who you are, when it is, and what the opinion is. Someone will ALWAYS despise your opinion, and you'll always run the risk of running into them when you're spouting opinions. Then you have the opportunity to engage them openly and change minds.

If you don't want to change minds, then no one will ever know your opinion and it can't be used against you. But once you throw your hat in, you have to defend it.

As for the strawman, no offense, I was just shitposting a bit.
>>
>>8642151
Then perhaps the actual problem is that you aren't being reasonable, yes? When everyone else is wrong and you're the one whose right, it's usually not everyone else who is wrong.

And yes, 'they weird me out' is exactly a reason to avoid you. You give the impression that you're a shallow, appearance-focused asshole with no empathy.
>>
>>8641965
It's probably for most people being overtly rude to anyone in public for seemingly no reason is a really autistic thing to do, and most people have the social awareness not to.
>>
>>8641965
People tend to behave in public.
>>
>>8642208
This. People feel free to say all kinds of shit on the internet they would never dare to say to someone in real life.
>>
C) teenagers who "totally get it man" like to spout off on the internet
>>
>>8641965
>leftists in power
>they don't even have a majority in any part of congress
>>
almost everybody i've known irl is openly transphobic, guess it depends on where you live
>>
>>8645066
Yeah. everyone on rural redneck America /pol/tard is probably transphobic.
>>
>>8645173
Im from the bx and trumps got a lot of hispanic voters, me among them.

Cubans and domicans voted heavy or tried to at least so you sound , itd of been more votes but dr dudes dont be knowing shit about politics and vote for whoever says is gonna give them shit thats a fact
>>
>>8641965
If you want to see/hear transphobia in real life go into the sticks or south of the Mason–Dixon line
>>
>>8641965
>>8642021
it's the latter you mentally ill retards silent majority allowed trump to stomp fag sympathizer hillary
>>
>>8645341
>when you get this confused and scared
>>
>>8641965
cause you only watch shitty 'transactivism' videos? an d most people dont like sjw shit
>>
>>8645361
>calls me confused
lol
>>
>>8645371
>being this turned around
>>
>>8645372
>being mentally ill
>>
>>8645402
>everyone I don't like is mentally ill
>a high school guide to philosophy
>>
>>8645405
>>8645402
>>8645372
>>8645371
>>8645361
>>
>>8645408
Actually I'm a proud autist, and white american europe focused cis straight nationalist. I'm /lgbt/ because I cum on my mlp plushies.
>>
>>8645408
How is this picture relevant to the OP?
>>8645414
You can be whatever you want as long as you don't start gassing people
>>8645402
/pol/ has no right to call people mentally ill when they're mostly psychotic
>>
>>8641965
Humans react by instinct and environment. The trans goes too far in a society that only survives by breeding. Trans don't fit into a society where survival is the ultimate goal. Hate it if you like but the natural laws of nature will always correct its errors. Survival is dependent upon that one and only factor.
>>
>>8641965
Are you trans? Do you interact with people who interact with trans people? Do you frequently have discussions on gender/sex?
If not, there's no real reason for the topic to come up outside of 'microagression' type comments.
>>
>>8648263
>Muh biotruths

To answer OP, I guess it's a whole host of stuff. In one comment section I saw some guy who looked like he was concern trolling about transitioning because he was bringing up kids being forced to transition. I chatted with him over PM and it turns out he just believes transitioning is unnatural and HRT is experimental medicine. He didnt really know what HRT was or what the surgeries were but he was just annoyed it was a 'permanent' decision that he thinks keeps on being 'downplayed' by the media and trans community. He also brought up Jordan Peterson and free speech but it was sort of unrelated to his concerns about forcing kids to transition so iunno what happened there.

In real life, pragmatically, he wouldnt say a word but put him in front of a keyboard and confusion and boiled up anger over the unknown would probably make him lash out. I dont think he even knew about how the trans community views free speech but he sorta came to the conclusion we've been unanimously adopted by the left and are enemies of freedom of speech (when our views are really inconsistent like all communities). He also vaguely knew gender dysphoria was a mental illness but thought that meant being trans was a mental illness as well). He wasnt informed about, well, anything, and kept talking about his concern that kids are being forced to transition and we're limiting freedom of speech by regulating pronoun use (when in reality most of us wont say anything to being misgendered cos we'll just go home and cry).

Maybe internet comments are just a combination of confusion, being scared, and picking on the 'other' to solidify one's own views? Radical trans people and leftists sure dont help.
>>
>>8648653
>he was just annoyed it was a 'permanent' decision that he thinks keeps on being 'downplayed' by the media
I wonder if he rallies against circumcision too.
>>
>>8642234
not everyone in powerful positions are voted in. Leftists Jews control the news, the music industry, and movies.
>>
File: bepis.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bepis.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
>>8648665
In the end I explained what HRT was and he shifted on his 'HRT is experimental' stance when he knew that HRT has been in longer use than anti-depressants.

He was still talking about kids being forced into a diagnosis and I sort of had to explain self-medding. He didn't know about self-medding so that was weird. One of his major views was that parents can abuse kids by forcing them to transition but the existence of self-medding and debit cards sort of means people can have their food spiked with hormones anyway (happened to Aphrodite since she was given T against her will for a few months). That view didn't really change. He was sort of inconsistent all over the place but stuck to both advocating against forcing kids to transition and forcing people to use certain pronouns.

He did, offhandedly, mention he lived under Sharia law for a while before moving to the US so he was a 'free speech absolutist.' Maybe that shaped his view of how he views trans people if he thinks we're against free speech. In any case, there are lots of different types of freedom of speech so I was curious what his understanding of the principle was but I didn't really push that question.

I'm willing to bet a lot of anti-trans commentators have their own histories that have sort of culminated into posting anti-trans comments on the internet. I don't think anti-trans commentators are really monsters or anything. Most likely confused and worried with a personal history that has given them an identity that doesn't align with being supportive of trans people. It sort of makes sense when studies indicate we react emotionally to things first then go back and justify our position with more authoritative sources like science or the bible.
>>
>>8645408
Jesus fuck I think I know this guy.
>>
>>8641965
c)it's much easier to be asshole on the internet than it is irl
>>
>>8648774
Fucking confirmed. He's a friend of someone I knew in high school.
>>
That South Park episode "Stunning and Brave" basically encapsulates how a ton of people are feeling about trans right now. It's just not ok to joke about them. They have become such a taboo to joke about, simultaneously, they have become one of the funniest things TO joke about, on merit of how deeply offensive any jokes about them are.

I heard about Dave Chapelle joking about them, Dave Chapelle is a fucking liberal guy who did an entire skit where black people got their reparations and bought truckloads of cigerettes and fubu shoes, he's offensive for the sake of it, he made jokes about gay people and trans people in his latest special, got condemned for it. I watched it, they weren't horrible fucking jokes, they weren't cruel, they were pretty fucking softball jokes, but goddamned making fun of trans people in a way that doesn't appreciate how stunning and brave they are for the struggle they have overcome is just problematic!

Really anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows vertually all the discourse around transpeople even on the left isn't guided mostly by transpeople because they're too small of a population. So there is a general protest against politically correct culture and transpeople are a lightning bolt.

I have a bunch of friends who everybody would describe as totally transphobic behind closed doors. If anybody broke the circlejerk they would be laughed at for being pussies. I don't feel any of them would be disrespectful to a transperson just trying their best to fit in and not cause a ruckus, even the most flagrantly offensive one of them. I don't even think they truly have transpeople except maybe the one flagrantly offensive one I just talked about. I think it's more that they truly hate politically correct culture and when eyes aren't on them they want to blow off steam and... trigger people.

Most of them know nothing about trans. The transphobia isn't about trans. It's about hating a certain type of pearl clutching fag.
>>
>>8641965
No. Everyone just hates you freaks.

LGB no T
>>
>>8641965
Its the latter. People mostly either dont care about transexuals or just think theyre mentally ill. And when they see trans shit being promoted and pushed their general apathy can get turned into active resentment and hatred.

Its the same with most "marginalized" groups
>>
>>8648798
Came to post this.
The internet is not a reflection of real life.
>>
I don't think most of those people have ever realized that there are trans people around that are not prostitutes or turbohons and/or radical activists, and their hostility derives from that.
>>
>>8648827
>>8649446
This is why I hate the trans pride movement and all those fucking tranny shows now on TV, just making us scapegoats for political correctness.
>>
>>8641965
I have encountered plenty and I only recently came out.
>>
>>8649464
You live in the Midwest.
>>
>>8641965
>leftist minority
Politics has fuckall to do with it.

Do you hear people saying "wow this man smells" in public?
Or "woah that's a fucking lardass if I've ever seen one"?
Not really.

But does that make you actually believe that only a vocal minority of humans can percieve unpleasant smell or are disgusted by fat bodies?
>>
>>8649472
>tfw trannies are deluded into thinking society accepts them.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.