[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have any problem with people who like to pretend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: a359_Dennis.jpg (23KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
a359_Dennis.jpg
23KB, 450x300px
I don't have any problem with people who like to pretend their the opposite gender. If you like to dress like a man, talk like a man, and so manly things, I don't see any problem with that. You be you.

What I do have a problem with is when you expect me to go along with your fantasy. I'm not changing my pronouns and I don't want you in my bathroom unless you belong there. It's a public space, not your home. I also sure as hell don't want my tax dollars paying for your dick to get carved up into a vagina.

Again, I think it's totally fine for someone to have one of these weird ass surgeries, but it shouldn't be paid for by taxes.

There are people in this world who swear that they are a cat stuck in a human's body. Should we pay for them to have facial reconstructive surgery to look more cat like?
>>
>>8641904
"I, I, I, me, I'm, I, my, I, my, I, my, we".

I know the world is scary when you feel oh-so-alone in your toxic individualism, but really, it's not so bad. Come on out and join the others. We've got some lemonade, tea, and I'm sure some cookies somewhere.

Every generation there is a group of people who doggedly try to hang on to the spirit of a dead age. Even the Hagakure mentions this, and why it is so foolish. Come to the modern time, and find the new zeitgeist, friend. The time of hate is passing, and those found contaminated will be left behind.
>>
>>8641938
>the Hagakure
The guy from Danganronpa? What the frick?
>>
>>8641938
That's cool and all, but no. You can't just write me off as being out dates without actually addressing any of the issues I brought up. Please explain to me why I should pay for someone to have cat surgery.
>>
>>8641938
You skipped all the "you"s
>>
>>8641904
>but it shouldn't be paid for by taxes.
It accounts for less than half a percent of the military's spending, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>8641949
... because you don't have to?
>>
>>8641904
We also shouldn't pay for anything that is the result of poor decision making and lack of self control like obesity and everything it leads to.
>>
>>8641947
It's a book from the Sengoku Jidai -- the Warring States Period. It is collected writings and sayings from various samurai, all collated by one samurai in particular. Some surprisingly good insights, and then some that are way outdated of course. Worth the read if you're bored.

>>8641949
Actually, yah, I can. You pay for everyone's surgery. Welcome to fucking society. No one tracks 'your' money so 'you' can be a bigot about who 'you' help. You pay your tax and the tax money is spent, and that's pretty much all you need to know so long as it isn't being given to people to kill you. There's not a consensus on what money goes for what, and most people benefit from that.
>>
>>8642000
>You pay for everyone's surgery. Welcome to fucking society.
Fuck off Commie. Go to Scandinavia any time.
>>
>>8641938
(You) too
>>
>>8641938
>>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>8641938
You would have more luck rallying people to your cause if you dropped the passive-aggression and focused more on sympathy and compassion. You should also consider forming some of your own thoughts instead of, how to put it? Doggedly trying to hang on to the spirit of dead words.
>>
>>8642066
I've been accused of many things in my long life, but Go To Tumblr is one I have literally, LITERALLY never received.

I wanna frame this one...
>>
>I'm not changing my pronouns.
Awesome. Good for you.

>I don't want you in my bathroom
>It's a public space
Yep, precisely. Not your bathroom

>It shouldn't be paid for by taxes
It's...not?
>>
>>8641904
>I don't have a problem with it insofar as I don't have to change a single 3 letter word pronoun when addressing them
>>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/07/27/transgender-soldiers-cost-u-s-less-than-trumps-mar-a-lago-trips/515058001/

Trump supporter logic:
Spending a miniscule amount of the military's budget to support the soldiers fighting for our country is not okay.
But it's okay for the government to spend much more money to support a fat old man's trips to the beach to go golfing, which he could easily pay for himself instead.
>>
File: allAboardTheDumbassTrain.png (307KB, 612x306px) Image search: [Google]
allAboardTheDumbassTrain.png
307KB, 612x306px
1) Pronouns are a basic respect issue. If someone doesn't pass well (unlucky genetics or whatever), but is very clearly trying their best to, why would you not just use the right pronouns? Why would you need to gratuitously upset them? What on earth does it gain you?

2) Similar to the above - some people just aren't going to "pass" well in EITHER washroom, but so long as they are doing their best and merely doing their business without bothering anyone else, what exactly is it to you?

(This is all assuming they DON'T pass, of course. Pic related.)

I'm not even going to get into any kind of debate about who should pay for what - it's basically down to the degree you believe in socialized medicine. If you believe that taxes should go toward medical care, including for people who otherwise couldn't afford said medical care, then you have no internally consistent reason to object to taxes paying for trans-specific medical care. Because that's what it is - medicine. You are not in a doctor, and not in a position to decide that it's not. Virtually the entire medical community would disagree with you if you argued that it is not an issue of appropriate medical care.

If you do not agree with socialized medicine, then your position is consistent and not hypocritical.

And Dennis Avner was a Native guy who was trying to get surgery to look like his totem animal (tiger). He was one of the incredibly rare people on the planet who get really extreme and bizarre body mods, and he has nothing whatsoever to do with trans people.
>>
>>8642000
Sure, I'm always up for more books to read now that I've got a Kindle, especially nonfiction. So thanks, I'll look into it.

But man, I was so confused when I thought you were talking about this guy.
>>
>>8641949
Because scientific consensus hasn't found feeling like a cat to be psychologically or medically relevant, and procedures to look more like a cat to be psychologically or medically helpful.
>>
File: BobPage.png (296KB, 515x510px) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
296KB, 515x510px
>I care what people do with their bodies
People could become fucking robots, or post-human bio-robots, and either is an undeniable upgrade.
It's not only immature, but rather closed minded to worship temporary stages of evolution as some sort of divine authority that can never be questioned or changed and must remain in its holy static form forever.
How can you even defend such absurdity after learning about evolution being a thing anyways?
>>
>>8642155
>a Native guy
>his totem animal (tiger)
Do not make out like this was some native thing. They wanted to look like a tiger for their own reasons, not tradition.
>>
>>8641904
Whether a treatment should be covered should depend on whether it's considered medically necessary, not on whether people like it or not.

You're free to refer to people however you want, but conscious and intentional misgendering is inherently a political statement, it's an attack on one's gender identity. Unless you actually intend to go around telling people their gender identities are wrong, you should at least make an effort to compromise and use gender-neutral language.
>>
>>8642192
>scientific consensus
:^)
>>
>>8642222
Anon, there's like a dozen articles out there about him and his obsession with it stemming from his belief that a tiger was his totem.
>>
>>8643112
Which makes them no different from trannies calling themselves two-spirits.
>>
File: pasta.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>8641904
>look mom, I posted it again!
>>
>>8643129
The difference is actually being native. Deal with it whitey.
>>
>>8643145
There's native and there's "I'm 1/64th cherokee" and it's obvious which they are.
>>
>>8643129
No, I'm not claiming it was actually some Native ceremony or whatever to get that surgery. Obviously it's not. I'm saying that HE considered it to be something he did in part because of background.

Far as I know, being "two-spirit" is a different thing. It may or may not have been the Native way of handling trannies; either way, I don't care. It's not very relevant to me as a white person.

Anybody who isn't actually Native calling themselves that is just some trender.

>>8643166
You could literally just Google the guy. The search bar is up there. ^
>>
>>8643166
>phenotype
>a good determine of blood heritage

LOL spot the genetics brainlet
>>
>>8642155
I love how op never responded to this because he couldn't refute it.
>>
>>8641904
We pay taxes too buddy! Probably more than your neet ass!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.