[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joint Chiefs to troops: 'No modifications' to transgender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Watch it Trump.jpg (140KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
Watch it Trump.jpg
140KB, 1160x629px
>'We will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect,' Marine Gen. Joe Dunford writes.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/trump-transgender-military-ban-no-modification-241029

Welp, false alarm, gang. Looks like we're safe.
>>
Don't speak too soon, it says they're going to do what they're told, and just waiting for official orders.
They're kind of holding Trump's feet to the fire and asking him for an official implementation procedure.
Kinda reminding him that his CEO days of declaring his vision and sending his underlings scrambling to please him are over.
>>
>>8641560
And what's Trump going to do? He has not accomplished a single fucking thing in six months of being president. All he knows how to do is 1) talk about the things he wants to do but won't do and 2) golf.
>>
>>8641595
I suspect he'll take his time deciding whether he wants to follow through.
I think he was looking for an easy, popular decision he could make, and this wasn't it.
I could imagine him backpedaling and doing a photo op with transgender veterans if he thinks it'll get him some easy positive press.
Maybe even double back again and actually make the order official after that.
But at least no one below him in the chain of command wants to own this.
>>
>>8641479
>Looks like we're safe.

we'll never be safe from trannys
>>
>>8641661
>I think he was looking for an easy, popular decision

I think he was looking for a flashbang to drop to distract from Russia and failing healthcare.
>>
>>8641595
All this is is a way to distract people from the healthcare vote. Get them all blustered over something that isn't happening for months.
>>
Why do trannies wanna kill themselves and some middle eastern kids so bad
>>
>>8642469
I don't know but they should certainly be ALLOWED to if all the cis kids get to.
>>
>>8642457
>Russia
Isn't this whole Russian thing about KGB supposedly hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign just a technique to distract from the actual apalling shit that was seen to be going on in the DNC and Clinton campaign?
>>
>>8642477
>trannies wanna be as evil as cis kids
welp
>>
>>8642485
what kind of shitty GOP mental gymnastics
>>
File: 284374f558f572ff33.jpg (103KB, 470x411px) Image search: [Google]
284374f558f572ff33.jpg
103KB, 470x411px
>>8642485
>the actual apalling shit that was seen to be going on in the DNC and Clinton campaign?

LIKE the dems colluding with that russian lawyer trump jr. met with? EXACTLY
>>
>>8642461
Oh, you mean that healthcare vote that just failed? Good job.
>>
>>8641479
It was honestly kinda funny seeing /pol/ spammed with dozens of the same "le trannies btfo how will they ever recover?! XD" threads with a couple replies each circle jerking about the headline without actually looking into shit like always.

Basically, the back story is that republicans wanted to put a provision into a military spending bill that would stop military healthcare from paying for transition. It turns out enough of them weren't on board that they didn't actually have the votes to pass it so the provision was dropped with the hope they'd come back to it again with some other bill or something.
Well that wasn't good enough for one official, a woman I believe, who couldn't let it go and went straight to trump assumedly to ask him to take action. In classic trump fashion of "naw, naw, I got this" he proceeded to fire off the tweet that got everyone riled up without consulting anyone in congress or the military, they were actually quite surprised and left scrambling to react.

Of course, trump could still try to actually make it happen once one of his retard wranglers manages to sit him down without a tv to distract for a good hour to explain how things actually work and happen with law and policy, or conservative congressmen/senators could try to use the opportunity to make another push for it but their record of being able to do anything doesn't really bode well for anything coming of it.
>>
>>8642485
Have you not read any news for months?
Hacking the dnc and clinton campaign is nothing compared to them hacking companies that were managing the voter registrations and using the companies to send phishing emails to voting officials. We know this happened, it's just a question of how far they were able to get yet people like you don't want us to even try to find out and instead focus on some clinton conspiracy seth rich assassination matian pizza tunnels bullshit.
>>
>>8642457
I could see that, given that the White House has refused to clarify their position on the ban to anyone and so investigating it has distracted from those other scandals.
>>
>>8645276
This on top of the healthcare repeal failing catastrophically and Scaramucci making a complete fool of himself. Oh, and Browder testifying that the Russia meeting was indeed about sanctions. The Republican party is having a hilariously catastrophic week.
>>
>>8645276
I read a quote that the difference between what some Republicans wanted (no funding for military transgender surgeries) and what Trump "provided" was like the difference between "lighting a candle and setting the table on fire."
>>
>>8645297
Really seems to make Trump's agenda clear though. Now nobody is going to try and claim that he likes transgenders. This move was so completely over the top that it could only be fueled by hatred. Although the best part is, nothing came of it, so he's played his hand and gained nothing.
>>
>>8645301
Honestly, I don't think he cares at all about transgenders, they're just a convenient pawn for him.
When people were accusing him of being anti-lgbt during the election he used them as a shield and now that he's beginning to sweat he's using them to distract from his ongoing failures.

I truly believe he'd either fully throw trans people under the bus or give them everything they ever wanted solely based on whatever is most convenient for him and does the most to enrich his personal brand.
>>
File: e56.jpg (37KB, 572x542px) Image search: [Google]
e56.jpg
37KB, 572x542px
>>8642455
Had me a sensible chuckle. You're right though. All this bitching and moaning and virtue signalling IMPEACH DRUMPF TWO SCOOPS and for what? How many of you hons even want to serve in the first place?
>>
>>8645349
Trannies can't actually openly join already but they can't be discharged if they're already in the military. Trannies in the military are actually surprisingly common, it's one of those "super maculine" things that some trannies do like sports because they listen to the bullshit that they just need to man up and then they'll stop being a tranny, although ftms do also find themselves in the military. There are actually a few of the trannie sthat are regulars on the board that served.

You also have to consider that we're not just talking about in-the-trenches active combat soldiers. The military industrial complex is enormous and has countless non-combat roles in technical support, logistics, infrastructure. The people that do the paper work, work the deals with suppliers and manufacturers, manage databases, and on and on. A lot of them are very good high-paying jobs which had no small part in other groups fighting for their place too like women and black people, equality isn't just about muh culture war but the practical real-world effects.
>>
>>8645349
Trump's still getting impeached, you can count on that.
>>
>>8645349
>How many of you hons even want to serve in the first place?
"How many" doesn't matter. Anyone who genuinely wants to fight and possibly die to protect the United States should be welcomed and respected for their service.
>>
File: trump-wall.jpg (108KB, 792x648px) Image search: [Google]
trump-wall.jpg
108KB, 792x648px
>>8641479
doesn't change the fact that trump would throw trannies under the bus to get money/support for his wall

where are all the maga trannies now?
>>
>>8645301
Fueled by hatred? Definitely, but I'm not so sure it was his.
He seemed fine with transgender bathroom access until he caved to pressure from HB 2 boosters. And for whatever reason he saw no contradiction there and continued to tout his support for LGBT rights.
It almost seems like with most things, Trump himself understands transgender issues so poorly that he'll believe obvious bigotry.
The way supporters talked about HB 2, he could have really believed that North Carolina had a problem with sexual predators attacking little girls in public restrooms, and that this was not a lot of baseless hysteria about transwomen.
>>
>>8645846
So it's possible that Trump was sold on banning trans people from the military by some severely biased Republicans.
The whole "morale, combat readiness, cost" thing works pretty well on people with a superficial enough understanding of the military's personnel needs and what trans people are actually like.
And $8 million sounds like a lot if you don't look at the rest of the army's budget.
>>
>>8645846
>>8645863
Either way I hope this finally changes the mind of any transgenders that are stupid enough to support Trump.

You know, him going to Mar a Lago to golf costs WAY more than this transgender thing did. There really is no excuse.
>>
Reminder that it took 16 months to get Obamacare running, and he had a full cabinet. This is only month six.
>>
File: IMG_1831.jpg (438KB, 1162x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1831.jpg
438KB, 1162x1600px
>>8646185
Even granting that passing Trump's agenda can (and should) take more time, the president clearly didn't know that.
And had congress even voted on the ACA by this point in Obama's first term?
As I recall the criticism was that they spent too much time working on the bill.
>>
>>8646185
However, the vote on the skinny repeal has effectively ended discussion on it for at least a year. Because they HAVE to get 60/40 next time.
>>
File: russia-flag.jpg (60KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
russia-flag.jpg
60KB, 900x600px
>>8641479
Not to say he won't actually take action, but haven't you considered that he may have using this as a distraction from the Russia investigation and ObamaCare repeal (the latter which did not pass but would have had a much more disastrous impact on the LGBT community)? There's also the possibility that he wants to make the Democrats own this issue because he knows the majority of the country is transphobic (or at least on the fence about the issue).
>>
>>8646675
>There's also the possibility that he wants to make the Democrats own this issue because he knows the majority of the country is transphobic (or at least on the fence about the issue).
Why doesn't he own the issue himself, like a decent human being would do?

And by the way, this idea that these things are "distractions" is pretty laughable because people don't forget about things that easily. Another tidbit about Russia came out and we're back on the Russia thing.
>>
>/pol/'s been shitting up this board hard since the Trump tweet
>yet they completely ignore the thread pointing out that nothing is actually going to happen

Huh.
>>
>>8646704
You have no understanding of how political strategy works. Let me break it down. For Trump, this:

> Causes the media to focus on the transgender military ban instead of ongoing scandals and the ObamaCare repeal.
> Doesn't hurt Trump in 2020 regardless of people hold a grudge because trans people make up a staggeringly low % of the voting population.
> Tricks the Democrats into using this against Trump which hurts them because not everyone on the left feels comfortable about trans people. Go ask some random black or Muslim voter how they feel about trans people using the bathroom. I'm not sure you're going to get the answer you want.
> Elaborating on the last point, Trump won largely due to working class white male voters in the rust belt. These people don't give a fuck about trans issues and the Democrats will lose them again if they make it a wedge issue. They want to hear about jobs, the economy, trade etc.
> Throws scraps to the moralist Christian conservatives who are universally against trans people (see bathroom debate).

Hope you get the picture now.

> Why doesn't he own the issue himself, like a decent human being would do?
Because politicians (and especially Trump) are not decent human beings.
>>
File: 1499914876475.jpg (653KB, 804x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1499914876475.jpg
653KB, 804x1250px
>>8641595
nice meme
>>
>>8647145
90% of these are straight up untrue or just taking credit for shit Obama did, and the rest are, surprise surprise, things that haven't actually happened yet. Really shows that Republican desperation when the best they can do is pad the list of "things he's accomplished" with "things he's supposedly going to do."
>>
>>8647226
Oh, and while it's laughable to count a "special election win" as a Trump accomplishment, the Democrats embarrassed the Republicans in that regard too.

http://www.wmur.com/article/democrat-cavanaugh-pulls-upset-in-state-senate-special-election/10360495

Tired of all that "winning"?
>>
>>8647226
Honestly i agree 90% of those things are retarded.

But immigration, getting us out of tpp LOL (such an amazing thing desu..people need to give him more credit here) and lowering regulations.

These three things are pretty good. I mean you can't say he's done nothing. Obama didn't really do much in 8 years. I'd say trump is on pace to do alot
>>
>>8642509
Like the Uranium One deal
>>
>>8647386
Why is lowering retulations a good thing, unless you want to die of lead poisoning in the water?
>>
>>8647527
bushiness regulations. Very hard for any form of business to survive atm especially smaller ones. Good for economy and employment blah blah
>>
>>8647145
To anyone who bothers to even read this, a lot of these are things he said on his campaign, the other half aren't even good things and worded specifically to make it sound good, and to top it all off it's full of spelling mistakes.
>>
>>8647527
You're falsely assuming that all regulations are good an necessary.
>>
>>8641595
>He has not accomplished a single fucking thing

>>8647679
>half aren't even good things

it doesnt matter if theyre good or bad, all that matters is that it proves the left will blatantly lie in order to stroke their feelings.

by the end of the presidents term anyone that says 'he didnt achieve anything' will simply be outing themselves as deluded, to even the slowest American.
>>
*sigh*
>>
>>8648782
Obama couldn't do anything in four years and neither will Trump.

Enjoy political gridlock. It's the society you wanted!
>>
>>8648782
>blatant right-wing lies posted
>"this proves the left is lying!"
>>
>>8650268
Cognitive dissonance, the Republican way.
>>
>>8650268
Which of the items in >>8647145
are "blatant lies"? Support your answer with citations from reputable sources (e.g. not Salon)
>>
>>8650133
Obama managed Obamacare and the Iran deal so that's more than drumpf. Obama was blocked by republicans in the senate a lot so it wasn't his fault that he didn't get more done.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.