[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "non-binary" a real thing or is it just a way for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1456194087808.gif (1MB, 245x243px) Image search: [Google]
1456194087808.gif
1MB, 245x243px
Is "non-binary" a real thing or is it just a way for white people to feel oppressed?
>>
It's a real political position. Technically it occupies the trans zone, but...only by convenience. It's a post-identity ideological construct, but not a terrible one. Realistically, 'gender roles' ARE pretty fucking stupid, especially biological essentialist ones.
>>
>>8638160
I think it's a thing. I used to have a friend who went by the term. They liked dressing up as a girl and acting girly, didn't seem to dislike being male though. Maybe they were mtf?
>>
>>8638160
>is it just a way for white people to feel oppressed
What is it with dogshit brained Americans thinking that "being oppressed" is a good thing and something to strive for?
>>
>>8638160
I mean if gender identity is some complex biological function of genetics/brain chemistry/whatever that can sometimes get a little fucked up and not align with your chromosomes/genitalia, I think I would be more surprised if it was 100% binary than if it wasn't. people are complex yo. Realistically, most people fall pretty far on the male or female side of this spectrum (or close enough that it's easier to just go with that one because society expects you to conform to a gender role) but I'm sure there are people whose gender identity is somewhere between male and female, just like there are intersex people
>>
>>8638189
White Americans unsure of how to parse the sudden rise of minority groups who no longer kowtow to them are adopting it, thinking it will allow them to return to the Crouching-Friend-Hidden-Racist days of the past 40 years if they can be 'the oppressed group'.

No one really is explaining this to them, though, so they've built up a mythology called 'oppression olympics' to 'explain' it.
>>
I do believe gender exists as a spectrum. People have different understandigs and feelings towards those they consider to be the roles associated with their biological sex and may feel like they belong to another gender: I would say those two things (sex and gender) are separate, so this the fact one is male does not imply one's gender is the one which is commonly assocoated with one's sex. This conception of gender of course also implies one may as well feel as both genders or as none, which is what we mean when we talk about non-binary people.
>>
>>8638218
Where I come from, being "oppressed" earns you scorn, mockery and bullying. Not praise and pity.
>>
>>8638189
Honest to god, it's because Queer Qulture (namely intersectional feminism) has built this bizarre back-asswards hierarchy based on how bad off you are in life. The more oppressed you are, the higher your social standing and level of influence is within the group.
>>
>>8638160
Sauce
>>
>>8638173
Exactly, political activists hijacking identity of people who suffer to the point of suicide.

Call yourself what you really are - gender marxists - and go parade on your own instead of antagonizing normies vs transgenders even more

>>8638189
It's neomarxist concept viewing everything as opressed/opressor power dynamics. And US humanities education has largely become neomarxist indoctrination.
>>
>>8638160
I'm non-binary and not white. I identify with a pre-colonial third gender construct found on my ancestral island of Madagascar.

Obvi im not there anymore but I don't feel the need to be a woman. I was raised in a household that fostered my expression and my exploration of identity and I'm really grateful for that. I feel many white people never have that opportunity so I see it as a privilege of sorts to like be trans, be fine with being trans and get hormones early.
>>
>>8639557
>I identify with a pre-colonial third gender construct found on my ancestral island of Madagascar.
You're not helping your case.
>>
>>8638226
You know there's this thing called being a tomboy right? Not adhering to strawman "gender roles" doesn't make you a fucking seperate gender.

>>8638160
>>8638218
>Hhhowaite peepo
One type of sjw isn't less retarded than the other Jamal.
>>
>>8638160
Non-binary here I guess.

I just like maintaining my sex ambiguous so I can trap or tap boys

Like a chameleon fuckboi

Other than that idk. i think there are only 2 nin binary, the ones in my situation and the flashy non-gender comforming pansexual trans vegan with a neon haircut and stupid clothes. You can be not flashy and still be non-binary (also I fucking hate that word god damn).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8qbjg6KoE0
some man look like woman after all.

I just tell them I'm a man if they ask what am I.
>>
>>8639590
>I just tell them I'm a man if they ask what am I.
Good because you are a man. A mentally ill man.
>>
>>8638160
Whites told they're being replaced and nothing can be done to stop it and it's a good thing
Called racist when they don't want to import wothless low iq Hurd worlders that suck up welfare
Always constantly attacked by the media, academia and the government
Discriminated against by affirmative action and less scholarships and less tax money spent on them even though they're most of the tax payers and blacks and Hispanics are drains vs whites being a surplus
Nonwhites commit orders of magnitude more crime against whites and yet all is ever discussed is fake hate crimes

Yeah whites aren't oppressed.
Sooner or later it's going to explode and we're going to kill every last one of you wothless subhumans and you'd be too dumb to win such a war.
>>
>>8639644
but I dont have gender dysphoria
>>
>>8639802
Transvestite
>>
>>8638160
The latter, and nonwhite people do it too.
All of them are either retarded teenagers or adults with the mental capacity of a retarded teen.
/thread
>>
>>8639842
But I don't like dresses.
I wear boyish clothes, unless my partner wants me to wear something else of curse
>>
>>8639661
>blacks and Hispanics are drains
fuck off, latinos are hardworking folk unlike nigs
>>
>>8638160
I think it's fine. Gender roles are a spook anyway and these people just don't fall into them and are confused after failing to adjust to years of programming so they latch onto Trans even though they and Trans aren't the same thing.

That aside, as another anon said, people are complex.

Do what makes you happy. I'm not using some pronoun set like cheetah/pencil/hamburgerself though

Do what makes you happy.
>>
who's responsible for all this annie spamming?
>>
>>8638160
I think most "non-binary peeps and just gender-non-conforming. Which is a term I have much more ease accepting, but people claiming they are a whole different gender just because they say so and are like "respect muh pronouns" and insists they're trans are pretty annoying...
>>
>>8638160
>for females
Exactly what OP said.
>for males
Trans but scared of coming out properly or self-hating because she's a feminist.
>>
>>8639930
Being better than Nigs by a little isn't a complement. Low iq mestizos are almost as bad as Nigs and neither are good for the country.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.