[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trans people lumped together with people who are gay/bi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

Why are trans people lumped together with people who are gay/bi?

As a gay man, I honestly do not feel comfortable getting constantly grouped with people with literal mental illnesses.
>>
Completely agree. I have no idea. It confuses people too. I'm a bi dude and think its completely retarded.
>>
Isn't being gay kind of a mental illness too?
t. gay
>>
I feel like your argument would make more sense if you DID accept trans people. Because with the way you view it now being trans is basically gay with a "mental disorder" in which case they definitely fall under that.
>>
>>8632185
But it's not. Gender dysphoria is.

inb4
>b-but in a few years it will be accepted as a natural thing

So will pedophilia and otherkin bullshit at the rate we're going, won't make it right.
>>
Gay is a mental illness too bucko
>>
File: 1498874251904s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1498874251904s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
>>8632171
They're faggots in disguise
>>
>>8632183
Being homosexual in and of itself doesn't cause suffering or detriment to one's quality of life. Being transgendered - that is, having GDD - entails dysphoria, which does.
>>
>>8632225
No, no, no. This shit right here is why people try to tack asexuality, genderfluidity, etc. bullshit onto LGBT when it doesn't belong.
>>
>>8632331
>Being transgendered - that is, having GDD - entails dysphoria, which does.
Dysphoria can be fixed, e.g. with transition.
>>
>>8632331
And transition treats dysphoria which is caused by cross-sex differences in the brain. It's like classifying epilepsy as a mental disorder instead of neurological because epileptics because they are distressed by strobes and get depressed...
>>
>>8632359
>>8632357
Is that why most trans people kill themselves?
>>
>>8632390
If "asexuality" is real, how come "asexuals" are always kinky sluts who want to get buttfucked?

Just speaking from my personal experience, senpai.
>>
>>8632357
>>8632359
Major depression can be treated with exercise, anti-depressants, improved diet, regulated sleep schedule, etc. That doesn't mean it isn't a mental illness.

>>8632360
>That's not a thing
I typo'd.
>>8632360
>Many would disagree that being gay is a detriment
I am gay and it is a detriment - again, not in and of itself, but (sans HIV contraction) entirely due to societal factors. If I was on a deserted island, being gay would not cause me to suffer. If you were on a deserted island, gender dysphoria would still cause you to suffer.
>>
>>8632213
LGBT and pedophiles are both viewed by society as people who don't act as their sex is expected to
LGBT and pedopholes share common experiences like questioning, coming out, being challenged by society on something they feel is innate
LGBT and pedophiles share political issues (marriage equality for example affects pedophiles too, depending on how the state recognizes age of consent)
4. Many trans people are also LGB
Historical reasons
Cutting out everyone you think of as too weird to be more respectable to conservatives will not save you in the end
>>
>>8632407
>If you were on a deserted island, gender dysphoria would still cause you to suffer.
Debatable.
>>
>>8632390
What issues, common experiences, and goals do asexuals share with us if they aren't in a same-sex relationship (which would make them LGB)? No vague bullshit like "they desire acceptance and respect".
>>
>>8632419
If that is so, why not go live innawoods as a hermit? Wouldn't that cure you?
>>
>>8632424
Asexuals can still deal with romance, just not sex.
>>
>>8632171
>being gay is not a mental illness

yeah, right.
>>
>>8632526
this gay people are more likely to be pedophiles and liking men means they cannot reproduce. infertility by chose is most definitely a mental illness
>>
>>8632504
Yes. And plenty of asexuals are in relationships with opposite-sex partners, or are exclusively romantically attracted to opposite-sex partners, or don't plan on entering into relationships at all. So, again, what do these people have in common with us if that is the case?
>>
your mom lol
>>
>>8632755
What if they're romantically involved with same-sex partners?
>>
>>8632777
Then they're not asexual, they're fucking gay.
>>
File: 1500963281900.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500963281900.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>8632171
Its simple.
Even as a straight mtf, passing or not many see me as a gay male
And by a pc fag a transbian would be seen as a lesbian.
>>
>>8632171
Because regardless of what gender we're perceived as, SOMEONE thinks we're queer? Plus many of us actually ARE queer, and some of us shift sexual orientation with HRT.

>>8632367
Except we don't. Our post-op suicide rates have been very close to the general population's since the early 90s.

>>8632413
>LGBT and pedophiles are both viewed by society as people who don't act as their sex is expected to
But not for reasons that have anything to do with sex roles.
>LGBT and pedopholes share common experiences like questioning, coming out, being challenged by society on something they feel is innate
The "challenge" from society is due to concern that pedophiles will threaten the well-being of children.
>LGBT and pedophiles share political issues
No.
>Historical reasons
By this logic, we may as well include people who beat their wives in Pride parades.

>>8632419
>Debatable.
If you're actually trans, no, it's not debatable.

If you're not physically dysphoric, you're not trans.
>>
>>8632791
Half right. They're still asexual, but are in a same-sex/gay/lesbian relationship, which is LGBT. The A in and of itself is not.
>>
>>8632185
And in the early 70's the AMA clearly and cogently explain why it removed homosexuality from it's list of mental disorders. The same reasons given then for why homosexuality isn't an illness are exactly the reasons why the 'trans' phenomenon IS mental illness.
>>
>>8632213
No such thing as someone who is trans and gay relative to their biological sex. Trans is gay erasure for self hating homosexuals and fetishistic crossdressers who have nothing to do with LGB in the first place.
>>
>>8632800
Because you are a gay male. You are not straight a woman and you make it harder to gain gay rights by trying to tack on "gender identity" to sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws.
>>
>>8633354
>you make it harder to gain gay rights by trying to tack on "gender identity" to sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws.
How so?
>>
>>8632183
Trans people are on a completely different spectrum. They were given the wrong sex in most cases. Where gays are attractes to the same sex. There is not nearly as much mental turmoil in being gay than being trans.

M bi
>>
>>8633354
tl;dr I only want gay rights that help me and want GNC people thrown under the bus despite the fact they are gay and their integration in the gay community since the start
>>
>>8633379
Trannies never admit to being gay. Their whole thing is that they are straight because they are magically the opposite gender because their brain is "female" despite those pesky chromosomes.
>>
>>8633358
Much easier to pass a bill saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to be fired or discriminated against for sexual orientation than saying you also need to let men into women's bathrooms and locker rooms. Trannies are a poison pill to gay rights, which I cannot help feel was intentional. Whoever is encouraging them knows what they are doing.
>>
Trans people literally started the gay liberation movement and fought for gay rights. If it wasn't for them your ass wouldn't have had half the freedom you have today. so be thankful you get to even express yourself without being persecuted like you would've back in the day, you ungrateful faggot
>>
>>8633425
Bullshit you were doing heroin in the park when Stonewall happened.
>>
>>8633419
So >>8633379 was right, you want to throw other gays as well as trannies under the bus.
>>
>>8633454
How? No trannies want to throw gays under a bus by claiming oops we aren't just attracted to the same sex now, we ARE the opposite sex so sex discrimination laws apply to us. There is absolutely no hard scientific evidence that a man with XY chromosomes is a woman. The Equality Act has failed repeatedly in Congress because trannies insist that it has to allow them into women's only spaces and they cannot understand rational opposition to that.
>>
>>8633458
>so sex discrimination laws apply to us.
I see, you want special rights for being gay but are fine with sexism since it's the trannies, not you, who are bothered by it.

>rational opposition to that
What "rational opposition" is there to saying no to discrimination like quotas and scholarships that exclude trannies because they "aren't really women"?
>>
>>8633430
Not an argument, faggot
>>
>>8633495
Gays are a biological fact, trannies are autism.

You literally are not a woman.
>>
>>8633528
>Gays are a biological fact
"There is absolutely no hard scientific evidence"

I see you've got no answer the hypocrisy of demanding gay special rights but not caring about sexism purely because it doesn't bother you.
>>
>>8633555
Sexism does not apply to males.
>>
>>8633561
Transphobe is a feminist, what a shocker.
>>
>>8633582
I am not a feminist. Deliberately subverting gender norms doesn't make you a woman. It means you have too much autism to care about social norms, like not trying to seduce straight males via deceit.
>>
>>8632413
LGBT+"P" will never be a thing.
Why? Because the point of the LGBT community is to say: it's okay to be a legbutt and do legbutt things (e.g. people dating/sexing the same sex, AMABs wearing dresses and makeup, AFABs getting a buzzcut and being allergic to girly stuff).
Pedophilia should *never* be acted on. It is NOT okay to pedophilic things.

Age and gender/sex can't really be compared. Age-based discrimination is the most accepted form of discrimination.
>>
>>8633588
>Sexism does not apply to males.
>I am not a feminist.
Pull the other one Mrs Dworkin.
>>
>>8633670
Gay males are not discriminated against for being male but for acting female. To say that you are actually female and thus protected by Civil Rights laws is nonsense.
>>
>>8633677
>males are not discriminated against for being male
t. "I am not a feminist"
>>
>>8633686
Gay males specifically. Don't twist my words. Hatred of gays is because we act female but are not able to deliver on the reproductive/sexual aspects. When (male) trannies give birth to live young, let me know.
>>
>>8633690
Any discrimination against males obviously doesn't stop applying to gay ones.

Think through what you say you stupid feminist.

>we get hated because we act female
>this is nothing to do with trans rights
>>
>>8633690
>Hatred of gays is because we act female but are not able to deliver on the reproductive/sexual aspects
Actually, no, and you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>8633696
Laws based around discrimination by sex do not magically apply to "female" trannies is my point. And trying to fudge that rather than merely pass laws that prohibit discrimination by sexual orientation is making a mountain out of a molehill.
>>
gay fag here

completely agree

it's as if there were amputees on stage with bodybuilders. like they're somehow connected

trannies are mentally ill degenerate sex fiends

gays are pure, loving, and wholesome

please bring back LGB

to be quite fucking honest, I would rather it was LGBP than have the fucking freak trannies associated with me. kid fucking diddlers are more understandable and acceptable than disgusting ratched sex fiends
>>
>>8633719
Are you that infamous pedophile who hates trannies and keeps coming back here to shitpost about trannies despite like a thousand perma-bans?
>>
>>8632288
It doesn't fit the qualifications so no
>>
>>8633726
The whole concept of mental illness is about non-biologically based behavior that merits involuntary confinement.

The point is that homosexuality is a simple to understand concept, that some males are sexually attracted to other males, whereas trannies require a clear distortion of logic and reason, that some gay males are straight as long as they wear dresses, shave, and take certain drugs.
>>
>>8632178
> bi
> mental illness
Pick 2
>>
>>8633707
Right, you're happy for trannies to be discriminated against, either for being trans or through sex discrimination, but you're up in arms against anyone who would dare discriminate against the gays, the group you happen to belong to!
>>
>>8633743
Homosexuality is an unnatural perversion and shouldn't be tolerated by a sane society.

Being trans is a medical condition and trans people deserve our support and treatment to be women just like any disability.
>>
>>8633750
Their understanding is factually incorrect.
>>
>>8633425
> gay liberation movement
Nice meme. You liberated me from fuckall. Thanks.
>>
>>8633760
And that's the unfortunate outcome of this social contagion. That being gay is unhealthy and that any good moral homosexual would "become" a woman in hopes of practicing a hetero-similar lifestyle where one person is the male and one is the female in the relationship. That is the tranny endgame to erase homosexuality and replace it with a more socially acceptable facsimile of heterosexuality.
>>
>>8632171
The DSM-5 says that being trans isn't a mental disorder so they are perfectly healthy.

t. cis gay guy
>>
>>8633768
I'm a transbian you retard. Why would I be part of a conspiracy to turn myself into an MtFtM?
>>
>>8633780
I dunno I never hear about you in the mainstream media so you don't exist.
>>
>>8633801
You never hear about your tinfoil conspiracy either but that never bothered you did it?
>>
>>8633834
Why would trannies ever be honest? They are trying to seduce straight men and lesbians via deceit to begin with.
>>
>>8633836
>and lesbians
So much for not knowing about transbians existing. Your a worse liar than Drumpf.
>>
>>8633851
They have autism that makes them believe being effeminate means they are a woman or they are so sexually aroused by being perceived as a woman that they feel the need to to appear feminine at all times like Bruce Jenner.
>>
File: chromosome.jpg (34KB, 326x246px) Image search: [Google]
chromosome.jpg
34KB, 326x246px
>>8633888
>>
>>8632171
If you don't feel comfortable getting grouped with people with literal mental illnesses, why do you tolerate being grouped with people who are bi ?
>>
>>8634595
Bi means you are gay but you are willing to settle down with a woman for the sake of respectability and children. Tranny means you are magically a woman. One of these things is not like the other.
>>
>>8632702
>gay people are more likely to be pedophiles
Literally /pol/ propaganda, and blatantly false as well.
>>
File: citationneeded.jpg (89KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
citationneeded.jpg
89KB, 600x387px
>>8634600
>>
Fuck off milo
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.