[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I shaved my body with a razor a week ago, my skin is still sore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ThinkstockPhotos-153001144.jpg (31KB, 680x431px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkstockPhotos-153001144.jpg
31KB, 680x431px
I shaved my body with a razor a week ago, my skin is still sore and I've got post shave pimples, the same goes for facial hair. What to do?
>>
Did you use shaving cream? Did you moisturize? Did you shave against the grain? Did you shave your legs with full length hair on them?
>>
>>8625452
i have this issue aswell oof
>>
Use a good shaving cream, shave after being in the warm shower for a bit, then rinse with cold water, apply moisturizer straight after. 3 days later exfoliate. Moisturizing is the most important part to prevent razor rash.
>>
>>8625452
my legs legit look like your picture I shaved one of my legs last night.
>>
>>8625462
I used soap and shaved my body in the shower
I shave my face with shaving foam after warm water yet I still have irritation
I shave first in the direction of the hair then against the hair
>>
E X F O L I A T E
>>
>>8625529
E X T E R M I N A T E
>>
>>8625469
Gross knobbly knees
>>
>>8625497
Try an epilator, it hurts a little bit, but hair takes much longer to grow back.
>>
Take hormones to thin out your hair and pad the skin
>>
>>8625862
Is the epilator good to mantain the hair short or I have to wait it grows?
I want to be smooth
>>
>>8625993
yes
and it takes longer to grow back than shaving
>>
>>8625469
Ew those are the worst kind of guy chicken legs, thin and veiny.
>>
>>8625529
This.

After I bought an exfoliation glove I went from having legs full of pimples to one or two pimples in total.

Try it Op >>8625452
>>
exfoliate, get a high quality razor, moisturise after
i dunno if that helps with manhair but it definitely helps with ladyhair
>>
>>8625452
Did you go with or against the hair when shaving?
>>
Not OP but no one actually taught me how to shave properly. Is going against the grain really that bad? I can't get all of the hairs if I don't. I used to shave with foam but I noticed that I actually cut myself far more often with foam than without.
>>
>>8625993
I usually find it's best to let the hair grow out a bit in between epilations
But it leaves your hair a lot thinner and more sparse so it's not that bad.
Really depends on your body though. I always find epilating too often gives me worse results in the long run since the goal of epilating/waxing is to get some permanent change to your hair follicles I'd rather ensure it's plucked correctly.
>>
>>8629583
When I shave my beard I go against because it feels smoother. Am I meant to do this?
>>
>>8626401
How often do you exfoliate, what kind of body wash do you use, and how hard do you rub your skin?

>>8629723
You're supposed to shave with the grain first.
Then you do another pass across the grain.
Then another against the grain.
You could maybe skip the second pass and just go with + against. Shaving against the grain right away may cause irritation.
>>
File: 1493063817873.jpg (50KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1493063817873.jpg
50KB, 472x472px
Help, I shave my legs first with the hairs, and then against the grain. But the stubble is back before I even go to bed.
How do people manage to keep smooth legs all day? I don't imagine women shave their legs twice a day.
>>
use an electric hair trimmer instead of a razor on areas that got inflamed when you want to shave next. shaving just doesn't work well our well for some areas of some peoples' skin.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.