/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen this circulating around, what are some rebuttals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

I've seen this circulating around, what are some rebuttals? It seems like a pretty strong case

>inb4 gtfo /pol/tard
I am looking for a way around these not trying to some how "redpill" you guys. I genuinely what these to somehow be faulty
>>
>>8620932
people are cannibalistic savages who cant stop mass-murdering eachother
source: thousands years of history
>>
>>8620932
Face it OP, we just need to admit it's right and that gays, lesbians and transsexuals are disgusting and unhealthy.
>>
>>8620932
Well it's attempting to present neutrality when it's ridiculously biased. "Tried and failed to commit suicide", really? How much more obvious can you make it that you *want* trans people dead? The archive link horrendously oversimplifies and draws misleading conclusions from the referenced studies, and presents their simplified conclusions as hard facts glossing over any flaws or considerations in the source studies. Some of the sources are NOT impartial. This is a pretty bad meme
>>
>>8621005
And perhaps the most egregious part is how it presents health issues as a reason to imply "fuck these people amirite" instead of asking why these health issues exist and what we can do to alleviate them. It's the whole false caring thing conservatives do
>>
>>8621005
>"Tried and failed to commit suicide", really? How much more obvious can you make it that you *want* trans people dead?
Attempted suicide is a thing.
>>
>>8621020
Yeah but you don't fucking portray it like failing at suicide is a bad thing
>>
>>8620967
>only had 1 relationship for 7 years now
>only had 1 sex partner
>no hiv

gay/19

Why are /pol/tards such hypocrites
>>
>>8621026
>failing at suicide
How much more obvious can you make it that you *want* trans people dead?
>>
>>8621031
"Scientifically justified" prejudice has been around since phrenology
>>
>>8621020
Weren't the MRAs showing that the number of female attempted suicide included accidental self-harm (e.g. cutting yourself while cooking), but the feminists couldn't differentiate the two so they included it in the statistics?
>>
>>8621014
Or like. Do you know how many negative statistics someone could dig up about straight people? Straight people are most people, including most of the criminals in the world
>>
>>8620932
Many of these are pretty stupid.
>gays are sluts
>monogamy isn't central, which is bad because muh traditional morals
>over 500 partners (wtf)
yes, and if straight men could get laid as easily they'd be sluts too.
>mtfs have more HIV
impossible. how can they have sex when they never leave their rooms?
>41% of tranners try and fail to off themselves
this is way too low.
>gays have higher rates of anxiety/depression/suicide
no shit
>>
>>8620932
At least the trans suicide statistic is wrong(also it was never about the number of failed suicides), it's old, same study now says that trans people kill themselves around as much as cis people do. Don't know about the other ones but I assume many are the same type of lazy inaccurate cherry-picking.
>>
>>8621043
Feminist statistics strike again.
>>
File: wheneverlifegetsyoudownmrsbrown.gif (106KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wheneverlifegetsyoudownmrsbrown.gif
106KB, 400x400px
>>8620932
It's sunday and I'm bored so I'll go point by point:

I'm not a lesbian so I don't care.
That sucks, but men are whores so it makes sense.
So?
So?
Ok.
So?
Teens are idiots.
Men are whores.
Men are whores.
Men are whores.
Men are whores.
Gee, I wonder why?
Cool.
So?
So?
Men are whores.
Men are whores.
That sucks.
I don't care.
I don't care.
I don't care.
I don't care.

Well, that killed 2 minutes.
>>
>>8621062
>>gays have higher rates of anxiety/depression/suicide
>no shit
gee I wonder why that is? couldn't have anything to do with everyone hating us
>>
>>8620932
>99.8% of lesbian, gay, and bisexual teens will change their sexual orientation within 13 years
This sounds suspect, just because it's such a ridiculously high number and seems to be phrased in a way to support the "just a phase" narrative. That figure implies that out of every 500 people who identify as LGB as teenagers, only 1 still identifies as LGB 13 years later. Which basically means that even if 50% of teenagers identify as LGB (which is an absurdly high figure IMO), that would mean that only 0.1% of adults are LGB. Which seems really low. So if the figure has any legitimacy at all, it probably doesn't actually mean what they're implying.

>Monogamy is not a central feature of most homosexual relationships.
"Not a central feature"? Phrasing in that way makes the whole thing meaningless. And "most" isn't any kind of real statistic, really all it conclusively means is more than 50%. This claim basically has no meaning, only implications, making it unfalsifiable and essentially useless.
>>
>>8621026
Fun fact: While women are statistically more likely than men to attempt suicide, men are more likely to actually succeed.

So, by this logic, does attempting suicide make you TruTrans?
>>
>>8621043
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>8620932
In order:
>1: Probably a convoluted socio-cultural cause to this
>2: Every group has some horrible disease they're predisposed to for whatever reason; at least HIV is effectively treatable
>3: Subjective morals
>4: See point 3
>5: See point 1, and doesn't cite from whom they receive it
>6: See point 3
>7: Sexuality fluctuates throughout puberty before stabilising afterwards; this stat seems to cite the fact that most people feel transient altered sexual attractions through puberty before stabilising, which doesn't surprise me at all
>8: See point 2
>9: See point 2 (kinda - syphilis is curable)
>10: See point 2
>11: See point 2 (kinda - HepB immunisation also exists, and it is rarely life-altering)
>12: See point 1 (this actually has a rather clear cause)
>13: Orly?
>14: See point 3
>15: Same sex marriage divorce rates are lower than opposite sex where I am; see points 3 and 13
>16: See point 13, and doesn't seem to have accounted for "open relationships"
>17: See point 3
>18: See point 2 (kinda - HPV is actually a serious problem, but is a much bigger problem for women, and this has glossed over the dangers of being female)
>19: See point 12
>20: So what? That's supposed to cause gender dysphoria? It might be genetic, but that doesn't mean shit for or against T rights. Also, see point 13
>21: See point 2, and remember that there's a window period after infection where one will be unaware they have it
>See point 2

There's also the killer point that these are all statistics, and using them to justify denial of rights to, or discrimination against, individuals (who very well may conform to none of the stats here) is moronic.
>>
>tfw not a degenerate slut with booty cancer
>>
>>8621159
Yes. Leelah Alcorn confirmed male.
>>
Okay, the 500-1000 sex partners ones are bullshit; I tracked them down once to a single study done in the 70s that was never replicated. It might take me a bit to find it
again.

Check OkCupid's data; they found gays average something like 1-2 more partners than straights a year, last I looked.

Of course, that could be (probably is) a sampling error, since people on OkCupid might be more likely to be looking for a relationship, while "hookup" guys aren't on there. So the average numbers of partners could still be significantly higher. But still, no one since that one study has ever found anything CLOSE to a quarter of gay men having more than a thousand partners.

I can't comment on the STD rates ones, for the most part. We do have higher numbers for sure, some of them being very high. They may or may not be accurate, although it's worthwhile to keep in mind that not all group of queer people are equally likely to have STDs. E.g. blacks and Hispanics have WAY higher numbers than whites (for various reasons).

The number of MtFs who have HIV "worldwide" is an interesting number, since there are many countries where the primary line of work trans women can get is prostitution, thanks to the stigma.

The trans suicide number is kinda misleading, I believe that's the LIFETIME risk for suicide ATTEMPTS. Suicide ATTEMPTS correlate more poorly with completed suicide than you'd imagine, and a lifetime-risk assessment doesn't tell you anything about post-op risk (which is really what they want you to think this is about). Post-op suicide rates for trans people USED to be much higher, but have fallen to statistical insignificance since the early 90s. (According to the longest-running study to date.)

The "53% of MtFs have a borderline mom" thing is from a single study done in 1991, with 16 moms of trans girls and 17 moms of normal boys. Yeaaaah.
>>
>>8621350
I disagree that it's subjectively wrong to have 1000 sex partners, that's objectively wrong.
>Every group has some horrible disease they're predisposed to for whatever reason; at least HIV is effectively treatable
What? HIV is still one of the worst diseases you can contract. And gays are also still far more likely to get syphilis, gonnorhea, hep B, etc. It's not like there are much STDs in the straight community that gays aren't more predisposed to.
>>
File: 1499421205107.jpg (71KB, 413x418px) Image search: [Google]
1499421205107.jpg
71KB, 413x418px
>>8620932
I have "rebutted" those claims so many fucking times, I simply don't have the energy for it. Let me give you one clear point, given how those claims were formulated, what do you think? That they took a well made statistic and presented it in an unbiased manner or that they took statistics from biased sources and even then bent them even more to fit their narrative?
>>
>>8621594
>I disagree that it's subjectively wrong to have 1000 sex partners, that's objectively wrong.
Then you don't understand the definition of "subjective" and "objective".
>>
>>8621589
[cont]
Also, I wanted to note that the "borderline moms" study screened the control boys for any psychiatric history, but don't seem to have screened the trans kids for anything but a GID referral. There's more psychiatric comorbidity in trans people to begin with; but without screening it out when MANY kinds of mental illnesses are hereditary makes it pretty difficult to draw any kind of meaningful conclusions as to whether or not having a BPD mom makes you trans.
>>
>>8621589
I'm >>8621609 and just to add to what this guy said, whenever you see a statistic you have consider a few things, where the data was collected, because if you collect the data about how many gays love leather right at the exit of a leather club your data will be absurdly wrong. Second thing, is the poll about a self reported answer? Because then you have to consider how likely a person answering the poll is to lie and also if the available answers on the poll represent all the significant answers a person might give, otherwise the data is just as faulty.
>>
>>8621616
Not that person, but they're right. Being a walking disease vector and still having tons of sex is objectively wrong. You are putting many people in danger even if you are careful - statistically, any precautionary measures against spreading anything you have will fail at some point.
>>
>>8621646
Combined, they're an objective wrong, but having 1000s of sex partners alone (while not everyone's cup of tea) is not inherently wrong in-and-of itself, and informing other partners of your possible disease status because of your many sex partners is also arguably only a subjective wrong.
>>
>>8621646
>Car accidents are a leading cause of death so driving a car too much is objectively wrong.
>You are putting many people in danger even if you are careful - statistically, any precautionary measures against getting into an accident you have will fail at some point.
>>
>>8621670
>having 1000s of sex partners alone (while not everyone's cup of tea) is not inherently wrong in-and-of itself,
I disagree. It's irresponsible, selfish and dangerous, especially when it's anal sex with anonymous partners.
>>
>>8621675
Not him but you're retarded, one step away from a food analogy. Driving cars is a necessary thing to live in the modern world, having sex with a stranger every sunday is not.
>>
>>8621686
>You're retarded for pointing out how my argument is objectively stupid.

Start walking fatass, or ride a fucking bike.
How dare you objectively put people at risk with your irresponsible, selfish and dangerous car driving lifestyle.
>>
>>8621699
You're not even trying to defend your flawed argument at this point.
>>
>>8621727
Being too lazy to walk or ride a bike or take, far safer, public transportation does not make driving cars "necessary".
Car's kill far more people than too much sex.
You can do things to drive safer and have safer sex, but only making a mistake in a car will cause instant horrible death. Most mistakes made during sex won't even lead to death at all.
Your "objectively wrong" argument works far better for cars than sex, and the fact that you refuse to see that objectively proves you are simply a sex-phobic prude.
>>
>>8620932
>1/4 gay men in burgerland have had over 1000 sex partners
I call bullshit

>99.8% of lesbian, gay and bi teens will change their sexual orientation in 13 years
imma call bullshit, 99.8% is way too high.

>The average gay man has several dozen sex partners per year
I don't wanna be Bi anymore, my dude.
>>
>>8621747
First ask yourself how they managed to know and decide the meaning of "average gay man".
>>
>>8621868
probably statistics from the free clinic.
>>
>>8621878
Why would the "average gay man" go to one of those? How do you control for the unknown amount that does not?
>>
>>8622070

Why would you assume the people, like OP, who are using these statistics in this way would care about details that would work against their arguments?

>Why would the "average gay man" go to one of those?
"who cares?"
>How do you control for the unknown amount that does not?
"doesn't matter"

It's just value signalling. They only have to preach to the choir, they don't need to convert.
>>
>>8620932
basically...

homos are slutty
lesbos are abusive
and trannys are depressed

I don't see the problem. There's really nothing wrong with being a manslut, just because people often end up catching HIV doesn't mean the freedom to have gay sex in the first place should be lost, just because lesbo relationships often turn sour doesn't mean they should be banned from happening at all and transition + support has shown to be an effective way at relieving dysphoria and therefore should theoretically diminish the impact of all the other statistics.

also

>Worldwide, male-to-female transsexuals are 50 times likely to have HIV than normal people

Well of course, there are tons of people who transition to female purely for sex work, I wonder how more likely a normal sex worker is to have HIV.

so what, the /lgbt/ is an unhealthy shithole fine, the consequences of outlawing these lifestyles are far more dire. All these statistics makes me think that the government should be investing more money and resources into improving the life of it's more disadvantaged citizens rather than pretend they don't exist

Fascists make me laff so much
>>
File: 796879.png (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
796879.png
58KB, 256x256px
>>8620932

These numbers are so ridiculously exaggerated. It's like they didn't even try to make it look believable.
>>
>>8621646
There is no objective morality, even commonly held morals are still subjective
>>
>>8620932
>between 24% and 90%
That's a difference of 66.
That's not even close to research.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.