[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do so many """""""gender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

why do so many """""""gender nonconforming""""""" people need to be so loud in their appearance? it seems like every time the media needs trans people there's a massive lineup of freaky looking people ready to paint trans people as wacko's. I hate having these people represent me
>>
>why don't insecure shut-ins like me who never leave their house ever volunteer to be outed as trans to millions of people?
>>
>>8616949
Probably not going to be your favorite reply but they do these things to feel part of the movement, to fit in.

Most people to try to join some kind of movement, be it some kind of LGBTQSnowflakesomething group, extreme left and right wing parties, etc do it so they can feel part of something.

The appearance is just what somehow the group considers as standard just like fedoralords used to have the trenchcoat and shit or goths, emos, you call it.

It's some weird innate desire to be part of a tribe every human has.
In my country our SJW don't even look like that at all, you could just pass as some average person, again proof it's all about local tribes and so on.
>>
>>8616957
I mean I'm not exactly a socialite but I go to school, have a friend group, am out, dress and act appropriately for my age/place in transition, know other trans people who act and dress like normal human beings... I just don't get why there seem to be so few trans people in the media who just want to be people and not a stereotype image

>>8616960
no this is a great reply, honestly I made this post out of momentary frustration after seeing one too many bearded trans ladies. I get what you're saying about tribe mentality and wearing your stripes, I'm just one to show my "flavours" in more subtle ways
>>
>>8616960
also what country do you live in? Something Scandinavian?
>>
>>8617003
This, plus it's possible to do things GNC without being a stereotype. It's just annoying that every single trans person has a dyed undercut, seventeen piercings, tats, etc. and it's like.. yanno.... you could, for example, wear a floral hat, or some cool earrings, or a nice scarf, or a cool dark mascara and lipstick look, or something. There are so many other ways they could groom themselves and look attractive and even GNC but instead it's all the same stereotype over and over.
>>
>>8616949
gnc trendsters are probably more numerous than actual trans people by this point. gays are about to be outnumbered in their own community by genderfluid queer white cis women and there is nothing you can do about it haha
>>
>>8617078
they've definitely outnumbered us, and will no doubt continue to multiply
>>
>>8616949
i have a couple of piercings and am getting a tattoo eventually (also wish i could get a sidecut but >hairline) so i guess i qualify as this sort of freak you want to talk about.

The answer is that it makes us feel really cool and we like how it looks on us
>>
File: gramado.jpg (127KB, 1500x944px) Image search: [Google]
gramado.jpg
127KB, 1500x944px
>>8617009
>also what country do you live in? Something Scandinavian?
Nope not even close, I'm quite down to the south actually, to be more precise I live on pic.
>>
>>8617003
because people like us would rather live our lives than make our identities revolve around being speshul sneauflaykes and out ourselves to the whole internet
>>
>>8617116
I thought Brazil was a shithole, that looks quite pretty.
>>
>>8617116
oh whoa, I ask because usually when people talk about trans normality it's in northern Europe. good to know South America has some safe havens
>>
>>8617144
Everyone in 4chan memes about brazil so it's easy to get that kind of idea.

With a country as big as all western europe it's kinda easy to find nice places and shitty places you know. Rio is like Detroid in terms of memetic potential for shitholes.

Argentina is also super sweet, been there a bunch of times with friends and co-workers.
>>
>>8616949
maybe this 'trans' stuff is just a wacky teenage fad, like scene kids back in the 00s or mods and rockers in 60s britain.
>>
>>8617140
I'm not trying to make myself sound like some sort of superior trans person, I literally just want to be as normal as possible
>>
>>8617171
I've always wanted to visit Argentina. Blame Evita lol
>>
>>8617178
Trenders are a teenage fad. Dysphoric trans people have been around forever.
>>
>>8617261
that's why we gotta stopped the transgender plague. it's spreading
>>
>>8617304
How do I know that I'm not just a trender?
>>
>>8617308
Is being part of the transgender community more important than actually being a woman/dude to you?
>>
>>8617350
No? That sounds ridiculous, and I really doubt that it's their primary motivation either.
>>
>>8617369
>it sounds ridiculous that people without dysphoria/gender euphoria would transition for reasons other dysphoria/euphoria

transtrenders are pretty much incomprehensible to me, but at the same time I'm not a super social normie with a chronic desire to be special and included

why are you worrying that you're a transgender anyway?
>>
>>8616949
>I hate having these people represent me
That's how I feel about pride parades, dragqueens, and feminine twinks.

>gay male
>straight passable
>not self hating
I have only one thing in common with the stereotypical gay man and that is sex with other men. The rest of my personality is just masculine average male.

It's just the way it goes man. Freaks always get the limelight and we're stuck being socially associated with them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.