[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your mom glances at your boobs, looks sad and disappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1500245405931.jpg (127KB, 724x678px) Image search: [Google]
1500245405931.jpg
127KB, 724x678px
>tfw your mom glances at your boobs, looks sad and disappointed

how to mentally be ok with family members that say they're fine with your transition and you know love you the same, but you also clearly know they wish you weren't?

not trying to complain because my mom is great but it still makes me feel like a failure when I see her facial expressions sometimes
>>
>>8614144
Plot twist: She's actually disappointed that they're small conetits.
>>
File: Welcome nigga.jpg (56KB, 852x523px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome nigga.jpg
56KB, 852x523px
>>8614144
Well, have you tried simply asking your mom why she seems disappointed? You can try to maybe ease her doubts about this all or at least understand where she's coming from. Anyway, try not to let it get to you, Remaining as a guy would probably have lead you into becoming an ever bigger failson over time, but transitioning gives you the chance to become a successdaughter since your brain isn't trying to conceive of new and exciting ways of killing yourself for being stuck in the wrong body.

Or alternatively she's mad that you suck at growing boobs and wants you to git gud
>>
>>8614179
maybe but I always wear a bra :(

>>8614200
idk I don't think she'd be totally honest

I came out to her after 7 months of hormones and she had a lot of questions at first, but she started to seem to be more comfortable...but whenever I'd say something that is a downside of transitioning, like "I'm scared it'll be hard to get a career for me", she says almost every time "oh, so you're thinking about stopping (hormones)?"

so idk. again she's really supportive. it's just hard to shake the feeling that she just wishes I was normal, which obviously I don't blame her for wishing and can understand

once she said something like "you know you can lose your male sexual function, right?" and I'm like yeah...and again just such a look of disapointment was written all over her face
>>
>>8614260
She wants you to be successful and happy. It's a real shock though when your son tells you he's your daughter and she realizes a lot of things fast. No grandchildren, feels like maybe this is her fault, and is concerned for your future.
>>
File: 1443104870257.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px)
1443104870257.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>8614260
Well, hmm. I think she might be just reacting to horror stories about being trans she may have heard, and she seems to think this is something you can back away when it really isn't. If she's really as positive for you as you think, she's probably just reacting to it the same way you would if you took up a dangerous hobby like rock climbing or some shit. Try reassuring her that you're safe and fine, and that it's better for you that you're doing this because you're finally being who you really are? Also really stress that you feel bad as a man and it would be intolerable for you to return to that.
>>
Maybe she's mostly just really scared for you and what it means for your future. It doesn't sound like she's unsupportive as much as she's hoping there's another way.

My mom was superficially supportive at first, but also kept doing odd things to sabatoge me. I complained about this to a shrink she took me to see; at the end of the session, the doc called my mom in, sat and her down and explained at length that a) it was NOT my mom's fault in any way that I'm trans, b) there was nothing she could do to "fix" me, and hoping for that was counter-productive, and c) the single best thing my mom could do for my future success and happiness was get 100% behind me. My mom listened carefully, seemed really relieved to hear that she hadn't done anything wrong in raising me, and was fully supportive after that.

Maybe your mom also even needs to hear it from someone who isn't you...like a doctor.
>>
>>8614659
>but also kept doing odd things to sabatoge me.
What?
>>
>>8614631
yeah I think your assessment is right
she seems scared for my safety first and foremost

>Also really stress that you feel bad as a man and it would be intolerable for you to return to that.
she did once ask why I wasn't scared for my health to start taking hormones, and I told her I was literally going to kill myself if I didn't so I felt I had no choice (100% true)

she did seem to understand that in a way
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.