[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking I might try building a 6-axis robotic arm and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

I'm thinking I might try building a 6-axis robotic arm and programming it to do an orchiectomy.
Do you think it will work? I figure it's safer than doing it myself and it's cheap.

Pic related is an open source project for 6-axis arms
>>
>>8598713
Lol that sounds terrifying
>>
>>8598713
If it goes well you will make it in the history books.

If it gets botched, and it probably will, it would be a disaster

Your call
>>
>>8598738
Well I mean how difficult could chopping your balls off really be
I'd imagine it's just like chop em, cauterize it, sew it back up lol
>>
>>8598748
Fair point but what level are ops hax0r ski11z on
>>
>>8598713
AGPs like the most boring shit.
>>
Are you retarded? There's no approach that I can see that'll lead to the program being effective. If you take a ml approach tou need a hughe set of data on oriechtimes. If you just program in a set procedure then if you're just an inch off of your expected position the entire thing gets botched. This is quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.
>>
>>8598768
I'll use like a camera and program a neural network for pattern recognition. Train it on stock footage of orchis maybe.
Either that or kind of program generic movements and I'd set up initial position and let it do the rest.
I already have a 3d printer and whatnot to build the thing

Get like 2 of them going, one to clamp blood vessels, one to do the chopping
>>
>>8598713
It will be cheaper if you go to a hospital and remove your balls. Like, wayy cheaper, like 900 bucks for procedure and 1.2k for the anesthetics and the guy that does it.

Even if you build one of overpriced legos it will still be ridiculous expensive, you will never be able to afford industrial motors, switches and a bulletproof controller board and I'm not even starting on the math.

Seriously go google "Da Vinci Surgical System" and come back here my man lady.

Mechanical engineer here btw.
>>
>>8598748
You go into shock when you operate on yourself which gives unpredictable results.
What if you faint before you have effectively stopped the bleeding?
You could bleed out while you're unconcious.
I mean at least have a friend or relative help you!
>>
lol nigga what?
>>
>>8598786
I don't think it's that cheap. I've heard it's usually like $3000+
Also you can build them with servos and an arduino, tons of people have
>>
>>8598786
Here's a video if you're too lazy to even understand the level of precision and how many "arms" you need.
Plus programming it to do these movements by itself would be insanely hard.

Just do like cowboys do with bulls and wrap a tight cord then chop it and throw some salt at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XdC1HUp-rU
>>
I like this idea
>>
>>8598810
But that's general purpose. I'd imagine it's easier to build a machine that is focused on castration since it only has one purpose
>>
>>8598810
Also what if you built like a jig to hold your balls then you'd have consistent placement and could build something that would make accurate cuts. Maybe wouldn't even need the robots
Could practice on silicone replicas maybe
>>
File: 1480884303531.gif (463KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1480884303531.gif
463KB, 300x188px
>>8598832
Even explaining this to you is giving me a headache but the machine is a tool which has the job of cutting things, grabbing things an sewing things.
In any kind of operation you will need to do a couple of basic functions like cutting, being able to grab something, sewing something shut, etc.

Anyways it's not like you're going to make any of this it's just another autistic shitposting because you're a NEET who is too scared of getting a job to pay for your transition.
>>
>>8598854
It will probably hurt less if you do a human version of what these pajeets are doing to the cow from the random youtube video I just looked at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99PPCKYqdDI
>>
>>8598855
I have a job it just doesn't pay a lot. I'm below the poverty line in my city but I just started and have to do 1 year of like minimum wage before they offer me an actual position
It's similar to unpaid internships in the US but that's illegal to do here so they just pay us minimum wage for like a decade instead
>>
>>8598713
>I figure it's safer than doing it myself and it's cheap.
Might as well pay a smelly hobo to do it for you.
>>
>>8598855
t. autistic tranny that thinks she's cool because she got a shitty CS degree.
>>
/g/
>>
>>8598911
>CS degree.
>Thinks you become a mechanical engineer with a computer science degree.
>Spot the NEET.jpg

You only got the STEM part right, also how's the NEETbux and showing your feminine penis on cam working for you?
>>
This is an awful idea but the concept face me a chuckle.
>>
This is the dumbest idea I've come across in a while. I've worked with the Da Vinci before, and that thing is a marvel of engineering, but even with it, you have to know how to perform surgery to utilize it properly. Any idiot can do a vasectomy, but an orchiectomy is more complicated. Hell, most of the ones I've seen were radical total, which is done abdominally, and requires the sort of force that a cheap robot cannot generate, as you have to pull the testes through the inguinal ring (night be easier if you've been on hormones for a bit and they shrank I guess). Don't be a dumbass. But if you do, record it and place it on the internet, because I really want to watch this shit lol.
>>
>>8598855
He's also forgetting that surgery requires two very coordinated hands, you can't do it with a single robot.
>>
You know what?
Fuck the haters and just do it OP.
Technological progress is more important than things like common sense, safety or being spared a humiliating trip to the ER.
>>
>>8599004
That's why I could build a jig and use like a drill press type deal hooked up to it for more power.
Get some hydraulics in there lmao

I'd imagine for sewing you could build some sort of weird device with gears to do it properly. Like it's for a specific purpose so you know exactly what you need to sew.
>>
>>8599048
>Drill press.
>Hydraulics.
>To do operation.

You're literally going to die after you cut a thick as fuck artery in that region which btw you have two huge ones.
>>
>>8599062
Yeah i know there's two of them.
Could gently cut, clamp then yank.
>>
File: snek meido.jpg (214KB, 520x514px) Image search: [Google]
snek meido.jpg
214KB, 520x514px
>>8599069
Ok anon I will give you the most fucked up advice which funnily enough will save your life.

Get yourself testicular torsion, wait a day or two then go to a doctor because you're feeling a lot of pain. You will have them removed most likely for free if you have public health service in your country, or worst case a couple hundred from your health insurance.

I know this may sound insane but it will save your life compared to your stupid idea of trying to use heavy machinery to castrate yourself.

Oh yeah, it's also extremely painful.
>>
>>8599086
I've thought of that but I dunno if I'd last that long lol
It would be nice if there was just like a balls-b-gone cream
>>
>>8599115
Anon, let me ask you a question.
Are you high?
>>
>>8599430
Sadly no ;_;
It'll probably just look gross anyway with all the scrotum skin dangling there.
>>
>>8599023

Safety and ER trips are irrelevant here because OP isn't even going to seriously try this. It's that ridiculously difficult.

OP, here's your real safety threat: https://wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Elastrator

That's something you could actually get, probably, and it's easy enough to use that you could actually do so. And it could still kill you... but it could actually work, too.

ALTHOUGH if you had a friend to operate the equipment then maybe this could work better: https://wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Burdizzo

Godspeed and happy fatal sepsis.
>>
>>8600086
>OP isn't even going to seriously try this.
Too bad.
Would have made interesting headlines.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.