[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with being an embarrassment to your family? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: iwantmysonback.png (402KB, 487x764px) Image search: [Google]
iwantmysonback.png
402KB, 487x764px
How do you deal with being an embarrassment to your family?
My father had a class reunion recently and he asked me to pick him up because he was drinking.
I showed up and tried to call him to let him know that I'm outside but he didn't answer his phone.
I really didn't want to but I had to go inside.
I saw my dad at the bar and went straight to him to get out of there as fast as possible.
Suddenly I heard a shrill voice right next to him.
>oh my god Michael, that's your son?!
He looked at me slightly angry as the women surrounded me and started to touch me everywhere.
>your son is so beautiful!
>his skin is so soft!
>he doesn't look manly at all, he's girl pretty!
>just look at those big bright eyes!
>aww look he's blushing!
One of the guys there grabbed my ass but I didn't say anything hoping my dad didn't see it.
We didn't speak much on the way home but I knew he was mad at me because he had that look on his face again.
The same disappointed look he gives me when I'm struggling to lift anything heavier than 20 pounds.
The same look he gives me when my younger brother talks about his upcoming wedding.
The same fucking look he gives me when strangers use female pronouns when talking to me.
I really don't know how long I can take this anymore.
I'm trying to stay in boymode but HRT made it almost impossible even though I mostly just wear jeans and oversized hoodies.
I can't even find the courage to come out to my parents but I assume they already know and they're disappointed.
I hate myself for being trans and I hate myself for being a coward who can't even kill himself to make it stop.
>>
>>8598183
H o t
o
t
>>
There's no need to kill yourself. At some point, we all disappoint our parents. You are a worthwhile despite their feelings towards you. Happiness is just around the corner. In the end, if they love you, they'll begin to accept you. Meanwhile, just be tough. Don't let it drag you down.
>>
>>8598183
Well, I feel like I can't really give too great advice from personal experience since I myself am probably just going to sever all ties with pretty much every relative I have, but I'd say that you can probably change his mind by getting in a one-on-one conversation, explaining why you feel the way that you do, and then hearing his side out. Obviously don't support his side, but understand it, build rapport and trust, and then try to persuade him that being trans is ok using emotional appeals. I think purely logical appeals (like, saying "studies show that being trans isn't inherently bad" or w/e) only work if people already agree with you; if they don't, they just turtle up and become nearly impossible to deal with.

Otherwise, if you don't think you can do this or it fails, try your best to get financially independent, move away, and just cut ties. Just because you're related doesn't mean you owe them anything or have to bow to their desires. I hope you feel better, please don't think about harming yourself.
>>
>>8598183
>himself
herself*
>>
>>8598216
You sound like someone who loves to make edgy Sonic the Hedgehog OC
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (64KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
64KB, 400x300px
>>8598183
Just choose a role model like Dan Pena or Augusto Pinochet. Be a nihilist OP. It's the only way to ride a train with no brakes.
>>
>>8598183
>I feel like I can't really give too great advice from personal experience since I myself am probably just going to sever all ties with pretty much every relative I have, but I'd say that you can probably change his mind by getting in a one-on-one conversation, explaining why you feel the way that you do, and then hearing his side out. Obviously don't support his side, but understand it, build rapport and trust, and then try to persuade him that being trans is ok using emotional appeals. I think purely logical appeals (like, saying "studies show that being trans isn't inherently bad" or w/e) only work if people already agree with you; if they don't, they just turtle up and become nearly impossible to deal with.
Move in with your dad's friend, the one who grabbed your butt
>>
>>8598264
My role models are Lenin and Che Guevera myself.
>>
>>8598183
When it comes down to it, although he may have had a considerable effect in raising you, you are not your dad. Sucks if he doesn't approve of your lifestyle, but if you truly feel like it is the right path for you, walk down it. Who cares what he thinks besides yourself? Worrying about it will only negatively effect your experience.
>>
It's simple, just be unpassable. Then everyone will comment on how tall and handsome their masculine man has become
>>
>>8598289
Terrible role models. No wonder your're so depressed. You need to take the right winged-libertarian pill asap.
>>
>>8598323
I'm not OP. Also no thanks, Lenin and Che are much cooler and more inspiring than a fat helicopter enthusiast and whoever the fuck the other nobody you named is. Lenin founded a nation that became a superpower and Che was a cool motherfucker.
>>
>>8598289
>Che Guevera
Remind me of his views on LGBT people again?
>>
>>8598323
>yo just be a nihilist
>but also make sure to believe in the same ideology that I believe in

I don't think you get it.
>>
>>8598340
Eh, nobody's perfect. But hey, killing the bourgeoisie is always a plus.
>>
>>8598183
>it's another crypto fetishist tread
>>
>>8598183

>Dat thousand-yard stare
>tranny.

Yup, it adds up.
>>
>>8598216
This is just bullshit, trans people can have normal lives and hobbies. This is just as retarded as saying a girl's life is done at 30 because she's not pretty anymore.
>>
>>8598348
he's a nihilist so he just picks and chooses ridiculous beliefs for fun is what im gathering
>>
>>8598183
were the women milfs? How many of them were there? where specifically did they touch you?
>>
>>8598264
My role models are, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Goebbels, and Heinrich Himmler........
I need help
>>
>>8598332
Lenin founded a nation that became a superpower
lmao the same that starved millions of people and ceased to exist, not because of a war, but because it's social economic system didn't work at all in the long term?

>Che was a cool motherfucker
Che was only a junkie with "good" speech that baited tons of junkies and depressed teens into killing other people.
>>
>How do you deal with being an embarrassment to your family?
I got asked to leave years ago, at least I don't have to deal with that anymore
>>
>>8598978
Kulaks deserved it, Soviet Russia failed by not being Marxist enough and having appointed managers instead of elected ones like worker coops should, and it's actually extremely badass to get punk rock weed-smoking Cuban teens together to kill capitalists and dictators.

Really it seems like the far-left has all the cool people and all libertarians and fascists have to look up to are limp-dicked Austrians, corpulent South American warlords, and YouTube gamers. It's good and cool.
>>
>>8598183
Fuck your dad. Not literally though. Figuratively. If he can't be happy for you he's a shitter.
>>
Im already a total failure and embarrassment
at least I live alone so they dont have to be reminded of me every day

if I came out as tranny they'd likelt put me to asylum
>>
Is every fucking post on lgbt that isn't a general someone's made up story?
>>
>>8599193
Bolshevik please go.
>>
File: 1481271470324.jpg (41KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481271470324.jpg
41KB, 491x750px
>>8599290
Stalin did nothing wrong.
>>
>>8599286
I mean, aspects of it are probably true

my dad seems pretty ashamed at how girly I look now even though he's only seen me in andro clothes
same when a conversation about him having grandkids came up
>>
>>8598183
I'm jelly of you being told you're pretty by all those women.

You might as well come out and tell him you're trans. Maybe he won't ever accept you, but you've already decided this is who you are and what makes you happy or you wouldn't be taking HRT and like you say, he probably knows anyway, so you should stop hiding.
>>
>>8598183
Once you hit 20, you should CUT ties with your parents: they're toxic & will bully you (more or less discreetly) everytime. Drop your illusions of having loving parents: parents love their children only if they matches their own views.
The older generations are what's wrong in this world.
>>
>>8599354
desu maybe you just have shit parents
my parents said they don't give a shit if I am gay all though my dad does keep prodding me to get a girlfriend
Not being early 20's is suffering tbqh
>>
>>8598289
>>8598358
Che Guevara viewed ALL homosexuals as part of bourgeoisie decadence.

He would have lined you up and had you shot.
>>
>>8600156
Faggots want what is absolutely worst for themselves.

That's why they admire men like Che Guavera.
Homosexuals recognize deep down that they are abominations.
Their greatest desire is being destroyed by a real man.
>>
You really need to just come clean to your parents, OP. Your dad is disappointed in part because he still thinks you are a guy, and you're clearly failing in a male role. Why wouldn't he be disappointed?

If he ends up being disappointed you're trans, there's nothing you can do about it, but at least it's not on you at that point.

Pretty much every parent DOES go through this "my trans kid is a disappointment" thing. They need time to get over the fact that their expectations for your future have been upended. You have to give them that adjustment period.

If they can see you being more successful and happy as a woman, that might bring them around eventually.
>>
>>8600156
You heard the lady.
>killing the bourgeoisie is always a plus.
>>
>>8600156
So did everyone at that time

by that logic i should have no role models pre 2010
>>
>>8598558
The kid in the pic? Seriously? You consider that a thousand yard stare?
>>
>>8600329
Seriously, that kid looks chipper as fuck.
>>
>>8598264
>Be a nihilist OP.
This but actually get deep into it. The family structure needs to go.
>>
>>8598183
Well, you chose this path anon.
>>
>>8600184
I'm a tranny and I want this.
>>
>>8600380
Why not? She got what she wanted.
>>
>>8598183
That's okay anon you're not alone. I pretty much cut off all contact with my family/friends once I came out on Facebook.
I'd listen to >>8598240 cause that's pretty much what I did.
>>
>>8598183
I know how you feel, I have a very "macho" extended family. They're all rough and tumble types so when I go to family x-mas parties and see the extended family the men mostly used to just mock my father for having a "faggot" son. I know the very same look you're talking about, where you father just feels disappointed that "his male lineage" is so lacking in masculinity.

The only real advise I can offer you is to try and become an emotionally stronger person. You might notice above that I said "used to... mock", that's because my cousins tried to fight me once in front of all the men. They all faked concern, stood there sipping their beers while one just said, "come on X don't fight him". Father just stared at us. Cousin threw a few punches and one connected with my nose. He was so smug, like he'd just won some great victory, truth is I didn't even feel it. To be honest I felt like I was going to cry, but for some reason I swung back at him. Now I'm generally a physically weak person, I can't win arm wrestles a lot of the time, but my cousin went straight down to the ground and just lay there groaning and holding his jaw. Then all the men were like, "SHIT, ANON'SDAD! Ya son can hit!" First time in a long time I've seen my Dad look so proud. In case you couldn't guess I'm still really bitter about the whole thing, but the point is; you should always be who you want to be, but you need to be strong and steadfast in being that person.

I'm only out to my parents btw, not the extended.
>>
>>8600329
>>8600380

Those eyes look like someone who is disossiated because he's been through some though shit.
Healthy girls don't have that stare.
>>
>>8600878
I mean, I can kind of see what you mean but...
>>
>>8600883
Also, she's really fucking cute.
>>
>>8598183
God I know exactly how you feel except I'm probably older.
>>
>>8598183
suck his dick

its the only way anon
>>
>>8598183
idk op I try not to let it get to me, the stares, the threats, snidy comments,occassional hitting or shoving me around, dad called me a fucked up pervert and threatened to put me in the grave, mom is calling me a delusional man who dresses like a child whore, I hate this place

thankfully i was able to write about the experience ( and other things not touched upon here) in my college apps and now this fall im starting at a school on the other side of the country on basically full scholarship

i dont have a good answer, leaving is what im doing but it also fees kinda like running away, idk
>>
>>8598183
Pic related is cute as fuck. Are there more pics?
>>
>>8601868
I second this.
>>
>>8598183
THE FUCKING DEAD EYE STARE
>>
>>8601868
>>8601890
I third this
>>
>>8599286
What other 'made up stories' were there?
>>
>>8599325
why not freezing your sperm?
>>
>>8601617
same except im not out to them

i have a feeling my brother(s) would rape me if they found out
>>
File: worried laughter.jpg (18KB, 359x468px) Image search: [Google]
worried laughter.jpg
18KB, 359x468px
>>8604670
What
>>
>>8604677
one of them has always mocked me for how i "look like mom" or stand like a girl and always sexualized me like how i "wanna take cock up my ass" and flashes his dick at me sometimes and the other day threatened to beat me with a log until i was dead or almost dead and just etc etc idk
>>
>>8604686
do you still live with them and how old our you and them
>>
>>8604700
well this brother in question is like over 10 years older than me

he doesnt live here but he visits often and it always scares me because my other brother lives here and they get super drunk and sometimes violent its scary

its even worse if my 3rd brother is here which he often is almost everyday because he used to choke me and assault me a lot
>>
>>8604703
oh and im 19

i remember being 13 and him calling me a "bad girl"
>>
>>8604686
>>8604703
>>8604709

thats really scary and you should be careful.

but gosh is that hot.
>>
>>8604686
Deep South, ex-Communist or third-world?
>>
>>8600184
Che Guevara was a dirty neckbeard who smelled like shit (FACT). As an ideology, communism attracts beta males like flies to shit.
>>
>>8604714
none of those. stuff like this is common everywhere sadly

>>8604712
ive been through some fucked up shit i havent mentioned yet but sadly it does kind of fuck you up sexually. im heavily into being choked during sex and i have awful rape/incest fantasies its kind of sad

sometimes i lie in bed in my room and imagine to myself if they just lost it completely and burst into my room to rape me its like weird. this example doesnt turn me on but its just more of an intrusive thought
>>
>>8604709

Whats your financial situation because if you could move out then come out that would be a good idea

If buying a firearms is legal where you then arm yourself if you can move out your brothers sound like psychopaths
>>
>>8604728
well im moving far away to study like, next month so i should be safe
>>
>>8601617
>full scholarship
Become successful and make a lot of money and they may see you differently. Their pride may lead them to look past the things they don't like and eventually come to accept them.
Kudos on the scholarship btw.
>>
>>8604727
Im the same way.

And also I understand the non-arousing sexual intrusive thoughts thing too. like when Im around older guys (like 45+) that im not attracted to, I still get weird impulses of fucking them or something. its weird. I dont actually want to, (at least not most of them), but the thoughts come anyway.

also my brother would be kinda sexual towards me as well, especially after I secretly started hrt. luckily he's younger and the span of time between him becoming stronger than me and me leaving home was pretty short
>>
>>8604734
not her but from experience i can say these things are kind of deep rooted, at least in my case

the abuse will always be there, even if they pretended to be nice to me for a prolonged period of time i'd still not be able to let go because im afraid of them forever

i dont even know what im saying i just feel like talking shit lol
>>
>>8604742
>And also I understand the non-arousing sexual intrusive thoughts thing too. like when Im around older guys (like 45+) that im not attracted to, I still get weird impulses of fucking them or something. its weird. I dont actually want to, (at least not most of them), but the thoughts come anyway.
have you ever been abused sexually?
i have the same thing. i get these fucked up mental images of them doing fucked up things to me sexually
>>
>>8604760
no not really. I always say Im the only tranny I know that wasnt molested. like some standard messing around from school kids but nothing actually meaningful.

still get those images. I mean my dad and I didnt exactly have a healthy relationship, I kinda ran away when he picked me up and like threw me on the ground when I was like 16.
>>
File: 1500089539089.jpg (87KB, 582x580px) Image search: [Google]
1500089539089.jpg
87KB, 582x580px
It's not my problem my parents gave birth to me and put me in this world of suffering and diseases.

I always tried to be a good child and bring no problems to them. Always had good grades, slept early and did most of the work at home (trash out, cleaning the house, washing the car, taking care of the dogs).

If they get mad at me when i can't hide i'm transitioning anymore, they can literally go fuck themselves. I'm going to be a big disappointment, but i don't care, some of my cousins are shitheads that drug themselves 24/7, two uncles commited suicide, my aunt is married to a useless retard, there's an assassin in my family that followed his father steps (he's in jail now and his father is dead) and there's a dyke and a giant flamming faggot in the family that are siblings btw. I'm just another disappointment in this piece of shit they consider "family".

The only regret i have is being a weak point in my part of the family. So far my house was one of the best (successfull father with hard working mother and sister in medicine career) and this gave me some "pride" to hold on as everyone in the family hates each other and tries to compete to see who's less fucked up.
I'll bring disgrace and dishonor to my parents, what a shame :')
>>
>>8604743
What's your story?
>>
>>8604773
alright thats cool. i have some daddy issues definitely

he died when i was 8 and i never really had a relationship with him because he was away most of the time
>>
>>8604782
yep defo daddy issues.

tfw no older, paternal husband ;-;
>>
>>8604786

also this
>>8604760
>>
>>8598332
Che was cool. Hated blacks just like I do and called them worthless subhuman animals.
Not bad for a beaner commie.
>>
>>8604743
Yeah I can see that, especially in a case as extreme as anon's.
Bigotry aside, her family just seems flat out mentally ill.
Even families that tend to be not very accepting of homosexuality or transgenderism would see incest and abuse as much worse.
>>
>>8604778
>there's an assassin in my family that followed his father steps
That's so fucking cool. I think I had a few of those in my family but they're probably over in Europe.
As long as you're a qt I don't think you'll be a disgrace. Your life/family is fascinating.
>>
>>8604839
Lmao at least it's a family with lots of fucked up stories to tell i guess. thanks anon
>>
trap in the OP looks creepy as fuck
>>
>>8606369
its the eyes of dissociation

im not creeped out though i just feel bad for her because being trans is shit and who knows what her family life is like
>>
>>8598183
You have it better than me. At least you pass well enough to be seen as female or at least feminine and girly like. I don't pass and also I have unsupportive parents. It's a double whammy.
>>
>>8598976
Until you reach ascended Irma Grese tier there's still hope for you
>>
>>8602850
Not that anon, but to me the idea of impregnating a women is the most disgusting thing I could ever do. I would never want to "father" a child as a trans woman.
>>
>>8606902
Agreed.
>>
File: 1495073677306.gif (691KB, 1024x603px) Image search: [Google]
1495073677306.gif
691KB, 1024x603px
>>8599193
>I base my political ideology around what I think is cool
I remember being 13.
>>
File: now_they_call_me_john.png (331KB, 500x1202px) Image search: [Google]
now_they_call_me_john.png
331KB, 500x1202px
>>8598558
>trannies still think that they even know what a thousand yard stare is
Lmao, you jack offs don't even know the definition. You're looking for "sad eyes," you retard.
>>
>>8607144
I also am pretty well read on communism and other leftist literature. So far I've done Conquest of Bread, Das Kapital, the 18th Brumaire, Principles of Communism, the Communist Manifesto (of course), Marx's writings on the American Civil War, and Gramsci's Prison Notebooks. I'm not like some /pol/ memer who turns fash because they thought the Nazi trenchcoats looked cool.
>>
>>8598240
>Just because you're related doesn't mean you owe them anything or have to bow to their desires
Doesn't the same go for them?
Vice versa?
They will obviously need some time to get used to it, especially if they never grew up with lgbt people; but that doesn't mean that they don't love their child
>>
File: 1435384977433.jpg (236KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435384977433.jpg
236KB, 436x600px
>>8607161
You could see how I came to that conclusion though, yes?
>>
>>8598976
watch miyazaki movies.
miyazaki is a cool person, and he makes the characters in his movies cool people too.
>>
>>8607320
Eh, true enough. I just go hard irony left because it drives fash and libertarians nuts if you just keep saying "actually socialism is good" over and over better than debunking their horseshit because they'll never admit being wrong.
>>
>>8598358
black hair, australian, red and black checkered shirt?
>>
>>8604727
>stuff like this is common everywhere sadly
This is why we must build our own international army to take care of these "people".
>>8604712
If you think that's hot you need to be shot too.
>>
I told my parents they aren't ever going to have any grandchildren when I was about 14. I wonder if they took me seriously, because now, after 8 years, I still feel exactly that way. I think my mother still hopes I might be normal, was packing up for uni practice earlier this month (a 2 week stay in a dorm, it ended recently) and she packed me a first aid kit, which had condoms in it. I laughed very loudly and threw them out of my window. Guess I should've come into her room and thrown them at her to make a stronger point.
>>
>>8609207
>uni practice earlier this month (a 2 week stay in a dorm, it ended recently)
I've never heard of this before. What's it like?
>>
>>8609235
I'm Russian, it's a common thing here. We stay in a dorm, do some practical assignments few hours each day, have the rest of the day to ourselves. I'm majoring in weaponry engineering though, so there's literally no girls in my group. But after day 5 or so, I realized that I am really attracted to one of my groupmates. Got no chance though, he's almost definitely straight, and everyone despises gay people here.
>>
>>8609263
just go visit Europe for abit when your done or something
>>
>>8609263
I really like cute open minded Russians, there was an enncentric boy who I used to play world if warcraft with, he hated his family and his schoolmates, he had long hair and always sounded depressed, he was also bi and a brony, I wanted him~

Oh sorry, I got carried away

>Tfw doing mechanical engineering
>Tfw probably going to have to come out mid degree
>everyone is going to think I'm a deluded fetishist
>>
Fuck 'em. Once you're old enough just cut them off from your life. You might find it hard but I'd never feel any love for parents who don't accept me. Family is people who care about you, not people you're genetically related too. Cut them off. You have no reason to keep those people in your life
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.