[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matthew Shepard, Almost 20 Years Later, Limp Wristed Hero, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: MatthewShepard.jpg (19KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
MatthewShepard.jpg
19KB, 250x356px
Thread Theme:

https://youtu.be/TcjyYqNrwec

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

What do you think really happened to him? I was reading about him today and I had no idea he was HIV positive until now. I was 11 when it happened and in childhood he was this invincible "gentle gay" archetype. So he was (possibly? high and/or dealing meth) with? to? from? a straight? bi? hustler who claimed gay panic but more recent accounts have suggested Shepard was trying to trade meth for sex and they may have had sex before. I can't quite figure this story out. For those of you over 25, what did you think of his story as kids?

BONUS:

https://youtu.be/J4cl-pNYdXs
>>
>>8591779
I suppose we got this out of his death in a small sense:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard_and_James_Byrd_Jr._Hate_Crimes_Prevention_Act
>>
>For those of you over 25, what did you think of his story as kids?

We were told he was tortured and murdered for being gay. So being a closeted kid in the bible belt, I thought that fucking sucked.

The shit we learned after the fact doesn't really matter anymore because the story served it's purpose (>>8591785).
It's like how we know now that MLK had a lot of flaws and wasn't actually the reincarnation of Jesus, and that everything about Rosa Parks was deliberately orchestrated because they didn't want the pregnant teenage girl who legitimately refused to sit at the back of the bus first on the news... the truth does not matter anymore, because the propaganda worked.
No sane rational person is going to say, "oh shit, the story we were told 20-70 years ago wasn't true, we should get rid of all these civil rights laws and let the rednecks murder black faggots."
>>
>>8591972
For many years, Montgomery's black leaders did not publicize Colvin's pioneering effort because she was a teenager who was reportedly pregnant by a married man. However, she actually did not become pregnant until later.

Are you sure about that?

I assume this is who you are referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin
>>
>>8591982
Ok so it is this lady:

The driver looked at them in his mirror. "He asked us both to get up. [Mrs. Hamilton] said she was not going to get up and that she had paid her fare and that she didn't feel like standing," recalls Colvin. "So I told him I was not going to get up either. So he said, 'If you are not going to get up, I will get a policeman.'" The police arrived and convinced a black man sitting behind the two women to move so that Mrs. Hamilton could move back, but Colvin still refused. She was forcibly removed from the bus and arrested by the two policemen, Thomas J. Ward and Paul Headley.[10][11][12] This event took place nine months before the NAACP secretary Rosa Parks was famously arrested for the same offense.[2] Claudette Colvin: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[4]
>>
>>8591779
I'm 28 and don't live in the US but I did hear of the incident. I mainly remember hearing of all the hate crime laws being passed afterward and didn't really know what to think of the incident itself. Was too young to really understand all the trials and whatnot that went on.
Am pretty autistic so it didn't really push me into the closet further cause there was no chance I'd ever have sex in my teens anyway lol
But I guess in a sense after hearing of the incident I was pretty consciously aware of my decision not to come out until after high school at the minimum even though I did live in a slightly more accepting area.
>>
>>8591779
bump
>>
>>8591779

He was qt, poor thing.

I was 3 when it happened so it blew over my head until I read about it 10 years later.
>>
>>8591779
So you're implying that if he was HIV+ and/or a meth user then he deserved to be murdered?
>>
>>8594104
No just that clouds his Jesus narrative and neither were mentioned as details when I was a kid.
>>
>>8591779
>Shepard's murder brought national and international attention to hate crime legislation at the state and federal levels.[1] In October 2009, the United States Congress passed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act (commonly the "Matthew Shepard Act" or "Shepard/Byrd Act" for short), and on October 28, 2009, President Barack Obama signed the legislation into law.[2]
Why do there need to be special laws? Murder is murder and should be punished as such, whatever the motive and whatever the orientation of the victim.
>>
>>8594182
probably just another false flag to get people to feel sorry for gays.
not that there's anything wrong with that!
>>
>>8594221
My point here is not about the hate crime laws but to wonder how his meth use and or potential dealing impacted his death. How did he know his killers. Sales partners? Rivals? Dealers? Sex friends?
>>
>>8594196
But in US law there are different degrees of murder, all of which are based on intent. Hate crimes are just one type of intent modifier, but we also differentiate between premeditated and spur of the moment murders, accidental and intentional murders, and even justified versus unjust murders. Why does it trigger you so much to differentiate between discriminatory and nondiscriminatory?
>>
>>8594277
>premeditated and spur of the moment murders,
And either can be motivated by hate and either way it's irrelevant. A premeditated murder is a premeditated murder, whatever the motive.

>accidental and intentional murders,
"accidental murder" is manslaughter.

>and even justified versus unjust murders
"justified murder" isn't murder. It's manslaughter or self-defense and not a crime at all.
>>
>>8594275
>How did he know his killers.
I heard that they met him at a straight bar.
He liked them and they lured him into a vehicle with them, took him out to the rural area, fucked him and then killed him.
His only crime was being too trusting.
>>
>>8594301
you've obviously never studied law
maybe don't talk about things you don't understand
>>
>>8594304
I feel like that isn't the full story.
>>
>>8594340
t. just lost the argument
>>
>>8594196
>Why do there need to be special laws?
Symbolism mostly.
>>
>>8594389
>>8594340 is not me (>>8594277).
If you get really mad at a bitch for yapping her mouth off and beat her head in with a baseball bat, that's second degree murder. If you get mad at the same bitch for the same thing, so you go home and get your baseball bat and then beat her head in, that's first degree murder.
If the bitch tells you she just cheated on you, so you grab your baseball bat and beat the crap out of her, that's third degree murder (voluntary manslaughter in some states).

There are many different degrees of murder, and what separates them is whether you planned ahead of time or were in a certain state of mind, even if they were all killed the exact same way.
>>
>>8594428
Exactly.

>>8594431
>what separates them is whether you planned ahead of time or were in a certain state of mind, even if they were all killed the exact same way
To which "hate" is irrelevant.
>>
>>8594473
"Certain state of mind" is definitely a category that includes hating someone based on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
>>
>>8594505
>motive is a state of mind
Incorrect.

If you kill someone out of spite, then whether it was because they had a protected characteristic, whether they were just the first person you saw, whether you didn't like their face, whether they were your in-law, whether they looked like your ex, whether they work at a store you don't like doesn't change your state or mind or the motive.
>>
>>8594520
The legal scholars disagree with you.
>>
>>8594552
>arguing what the law ought to be from what the law is
>>
>>8594617
In >>8594196 you said "whatever the motive and whatever the orientation of the victim." We've clearly established that state of mind and motive and related, but regardless of that, the US legal system has been discriminating based on intent, motive, and state of mind since its inception.

Face it, all you're upset about is race/gender/etc, not the practice of discriminating on murder charges based on intent.
>>
>>8594714
Intent and state of mind.

Since when has motive, independent of those things, been a factor?

>Face it, all you're upset about is race/gender/etc, not the practice of discriminating on murder charges based on intent.
Liar.
>>
>>8591779
>>
>>8591779
>pozzed up meth whore
>picked up in bar
>killed over drugs, during robbery
Why did they make this guy a post child of abuse? They passed federal legislation over this bullshit. Surely they could've found anything better. My mom warned me about homophobes in WY when I moved out here ffs. Thanks mom, but I don't think I'll be whoring for meth at the local bar
>>
>>8591779
Now that we know that hard drugs played a bigger part than the media would lead you to believe there's little reason to believe anything about this story. It's sad the events unfolded the way they did but it was Not only because of his sexuality that they decided to do what they did. Had the media been honest we would all have known that Matt was struggling with addiction like many in the lgbt world do and that a bad deal with two other guys ended badly. There was no other indications we have seen or were given by the attackers to fit the forced narrative that Matt was murdered solely on his homosexuality. Crystal Zero is the logical conclusion. You can choose to believe the liberal propaganda but that narrative has more holes than swiss cheese.
>>
>>8598179
But like what do you think actually happened re: the drugs in his story. He wanted to buy from McKinney or he offered sex for them and McKinney tried to rob him at some point or they tried to have sex and McKinney got upset or just used that as an excuse to beat him?

I am trying to understand the likely sequence of events most of all.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.