[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say hello to your new favorite TV hero, trannies! It's a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Say hello to your new favorite TV hero, trannies! It's a character just for you!
(But seriously, if you any of you didn't care about time traveling alien sci-fi shows before, is this going to compel you watch now?)
>>
>>8589888
Umm...could you tell me who that is and what show you're talking about? I haven't heard anything about this yet.
>>
>>8589892
The next Doctor Who will be a woman after being played by men for the past 50 odd years.
>>
But does it really matter?
>>
What the fuck is this??? And why should I care?!

honestly i don't know what the fuck you britbongs do other than sip tea and lick each other's goddamned biscuits
>>
>>8589900
So it's nothing to do with trans and everything to do with affirmative action and tokenism.
>>
>>8589909
I'm already seeing friends who had no interest in the show before now saying they want to watch it, so apparently? Unless they're all just virtue signaling.
>>
Technically it's an alien. How fitting, since every time i spot a tranny I shout "AYY LMAO"
>>
>>8589900
O-oh, no shit? That's awesome. And she's trans? Or is that just some bait?

I mean, I've never seen any incarnation of this show or anything, but I might give it a check out once to see how they portray her.
>>
>>8589888
Doctor Literally Who?
>>
>>8589918
So a TV show can't have a female protagonist without it being "tokenism". This attitude is PRECISELY WHY female protagonists are necessary.
>>
>>8589888
Don't care at all. Dr who is boring as shit.
>>
>>8589968
Straw man. Try harder femitard.
>>
>>8589973
This.

The real news will be when they get a Dr who is a good actor.
>>
>>8589984
Well I mean, it's not really tokenism. We've had a lot of Doctor's, so one female for a bit isn't going to kill anybody. Maybe they'll do a black one next.
>>
>>8589984
Okay then, explain why this is an example of tokenism, what would it take for a female protagonist to NOT be tokenism?
>>
>>8589973
>>8590053
only accurate posts in thread
>>
>>8589900
The fuck? He's SUPPOSED TO BE A GUY.
A portion of what makes doctor who so great is because you can swoon over the doctor. That's what shitty Capaldi ruined, making doctor who much lamer than it should have been.

I guess this is the end of doctor who.
>>
>>8589968
*farting noises*
>>
>>8590074
>Well I mean, it's not really tokenism.
>Maybe they'll do a black one next.
#femitard
>>
File: 4th doctor.jpg (39KB, 570x346px) Image search: [Google]
4th doctor.jpg
39KB, 570x346px
Should have stayed with the old formula, meaning no fuccboi doctor just because the fanbase consists of tumblr landwhales with a steampunk complex.
>>
>>8590095
Nice self-referential post!
>>
>>8590096
... As a lesbian I'm going to enjoy my opportunity to swoon over the doctor.
>>
>>8589888
>Nu-Who
who cares
>>
>>8590113
Not an argument.
>>
>>8590141
Try again sweetie! Maybe this time someone will love you!
>>
>>8590096
fuck no
the doctor is supposed to be cool; that's how eccleston revived the series.
capaldi undid 10 and 11's "timey wimey" bullshit by actually showing sophisticated plot, like struggling with whether to murder someone to save other people and what makes a person the who they are, and he showcased the intelligence so characteristic of the doctor; not unlike eccleston, whose run in with the last (hehe that emotional arc was written over in an eyeblink) dalek had him expose the anger and sadness (read characterization) that he carried from his ast, and then the immense compassion he was capable of when the dalek met the horrifying fate of basically becoming what daleks are raised to think of as inferior and worthless.

btw, time is not "timey wimey", that's just a stupid way of deflecting actually having to describe the nature of it.
and 11 is ugly and stupid as shit.

p.p.s.
classic doctor who wasn't all this way, but it started out as an education television show anyway and never had moffet's taint.
When the time-war stuff happened, the doctor went through shit emotionally, having had to make his entire home stop existing to save the rest of the universe or some shit because basically his M.O. is "I help people"
so it started out as "cool, smart older uncle (or something) doctor, with companions like members of the audience might be, to cool smart doctor with companions like members of the audience might be, to something more edgy and less like original scooby doo with space and time travel instead of fake monsters out for fraudulent money.

tl;dr
the doctor is more cool and smart and tragic than someone you can "swoon over"

>>8590164
thank you for countering >>8590096's turning the doctor into a sex object whose worth is dependent on being a (presumably hot, but idk what's hot about fishsticks and pudding 11 or number 10) guy
>>
>>8589933
It's less trans and more like some magic gender-bender transformation.

The main character can "regenerate" instead of dying as a plot device and meta explanation for the lead actor changing many times over the years the show has been going. This time I guess they're changing into a woman instead of just a different guy so kinda what >>8589918 said.

>>8589984
It's probably a falseflagging /pol/ spammer desu.

>>8590074
A black one would actually be more reasonable imo. I'm not sure if timelords even have ethnicities or melanin variation but it's less of a leap than pulling a sex change out of nowhere.

>>8590082
>what would it take for a female protagonist to NOT be tokenism?
Not them but to take the bait...
Make a new original quality character who happens to be female instead of forcing an established character to transform into one out of nowhere in an obvious publicity stunt.

It's not like the show doesn't have strong female characters, one of the older companions even got a spin-off for awhile.
If anything this comes off as cheap and really demeaning to women. "Oh look we changed this character so they look like you, now you must enjoy the show more and find it easier to understand!"

>>8590141
But they're right, it IS kinda boring. I really only know about it because my mom likes it.
>>
>>8590096

Time Lords have always been able to regenerate into members of a different gender; while it's been referenced multiple times throughout the series, a couple seasons ago, recurring antagonist the Master came back in a female form.

And that's one of the things to note about that series, the Time Lords are shapeshifter aliens. Gender is a suit to them, and I don't mean that in some snowflake way, I mean that as something so advanced as they are would see our little bodily differences as insignificant.
>>
>>8589888
The exact opposite. It's making me stop watching.

The Doctor has always been a guy and it should stay that way. It's like all of a sudden making Sherlock a woman, or Wonder Woman a man. Adding new female characters is fine but leave existing characters alone. This is just stupid pandering to the SJWs.
>>
>>8592615
Timelords regenerate, it's a central part of the show, Sherlock does not die and come back to life as a different person in a series.
They have also already established that they can change gender when they regenerate.

I swear, every time i see someone complain they turn out to be plebs who don't know anything about the show.
>>
>>8592412
>It's less trans and more like some magic gender-bender transformation.
AGP fantasies count as trans.
>>
>>8593330
>Sherlock does not die and come back to life as a different person in a series.
No, you get different serieses, like Elementary, where Watson is an annoying Asian woman.
>>
>>8593330
I've been watching the show for years; I'm perfectly aware of what regeneration is. I just still think making the Doctor a woman is stupid.

>inb4 but "muh feminism"
I'd still think it was stupid if they made River Song a man.
>>
>>8590096
Women yet again proving how shallow they are because they can't watch a show unless there's pretty boys to schlick too.
>>
>>8590096
Were you not aware that the first eight doctors were really old? Capaldi was supposed to be a return to form, Tennant and Smith were the outliers.
>>
File: missy.jpg (647KB, 2856x4284px) Image search: [Google]
missy.jpg
647KB, 2856x4284px
Gonna be kinda hard to top The Master coming back as Evil Hot Grandma Mary Poppins.
>>
>>8593875
Ignore them, they're a NuWho fag.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.