[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If somebody wants to cut off an arm or a leg, you try to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: hon.jpg (102KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
hon.jpg
102KB, 500x667px
>If somebody wants to cut off an arm or a leg, you try to keep them from doing it and get them help

>If somebody wants to cut off their penis or tits you admire how strong and beautiful they are

Really activates my almonds
>>
>>8587234
The same procedure is applied in both cases, actually. They get evaluated by a medical professional who prescribes the most appropriate treatment, given the specifics of their condition.
>>
>>8587234
It's good that you're thinking more and more OP. Clearly you need it. It's almost as if gender dysphoria and BDD are two entirely different things and are therefore also approached in a different way.
>>
>>8587234
>>If somebody wants to cut off an arm or a leg, you try to keep them from doing it and get them help
That's BIIDphobic.
>>
>>8587234
>If somebody wants to cut off an arm or a leg, you try to keep them from doing it and get them help
honestly, if the distress over a body part makes the patient depressed and if no other treatment helps them then there shouldn't be anything against the surgery if the patient believes that that will relieve their distress. it's retarded to say that having one body part less is so awful out of the viewpoint of someone who isn't involved that the patient must be denied happiness.
>>
>>8587234
The people who want to cut an arm or a leg off have a serious, but real mental condition. If it's bad enough for them to be suicidal and no other treatment is working, then letting them go through with it is in the only humane option.
>>
>>8587341
>there shouldn't be anything against the surgery if the patient believes that that will relieve their distress
listen dumb-dumb, the ones who succeed in amputating their own arms don't feel better afterward, they remain severely mentally ill and in fact have less hope of recovery now that there is a physical obstacle also
>>
>>8587359
>the ones who succeed in amputating their own arms don't feel better afterward
do you have a study to back that up? i know about one case where a woman took her eyesight with the help of her therapist to keep it safe and she was feeling great about it.
>>
>>8587359
Wrong
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0034702
>>
>>8587384
[citation needed]

All I see is low evidence. Corralation =\= causation, bitterhon.
>>
>>8587234
>you try to keep them from doing it and get them help
Why though?
>>
>>8587355
>If it's bad enough for them to be suicidal and no other treatment is working, then letting them go through with it is in the only humane option.
Does this applied to GID too? Transition should only be allowed when all other treatments have failed and they are suicidal?
>>
>>8587234
every major medical association accepts that transition is the correct treatment for gender dysphoria. it's the only thing that works and it works very well.

>>8588708
GID is best treated early, dutch study of trans adolescents showed none of them regretted transition and they had excellent outcomes.

ib4 some drooling retard brings up the swedish study
>>
>>8588850
Why the double standard in the treatment of GID and other forms of BIID?
>>
>>8587234
Gender dysphoria is alleviated by transitioning.
Body dysmorphia is not improved by letting the patient change their body.
They're fundamentally different conditions.
>>
>>8588857
There's more research proving the efficacy of transition for treating gender dysphoria than there is for amputation for BIID.

>>8588859
this is true, dysmorphia is a whole nother issue and should not be confused with gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8588867
I see, you are a would-be gatekeeper against trans people too by default but then were convinced by research they should be an exception to gatekeeping.

>amputation for BIID other than GID
FTFY
>>
>>8588878
>trying to reclassify medical terms because they offend you

only /pol/ toadlets do this and it's easy to see how your feelings get involved

inb4 projection
>>
>>8588878
GID isn't considered by doctors to be related to BID. Your brain being mapped to expect the body parts of the opposite sex is different from your brain map lacking a certain body part that everyone has.
>>
>>8588894
But they don't offend me. What offends me if you trying to act like other kinds of BIID are somehow unrelated.

>>8588896
>having the wrong body map isn't related to having the wrong body map
This is why people think we're crazy.
>>
>>8588906
It's interesting that you think you know better than doctors.
>>
>>8588906
>the classification of medical terms doesn't offend me
>but it does

Dude what point are you even on anymore? Just say trannies are mentally ill and fuck off already.
>>
>>8588920
Interesting that you support gatekeeping.

>>8588922
>Dude
Fuck off. I don't agree with you but I don't misgender you for it.

>Just say trannies are mentally ill
You're the one who's saying that by saying other people with the same condition for different parts of their bodies are.
>>
>>8588930
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".
The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.[2][3]
This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or an understanding of both sides of the issue.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8588933
Except it's literally your view, no straw man.
>>
>>8588906
They are according to the medical community. You can't just redefine terms to mean what you want them to mean. Reals>Feels, snowflake.
>>
>>8588930
I support making sure people have a diagnosis of dysphoria before they medically transition. This can easily be done in a few therapy sessions. I don't support gatekeeping as in invasive physical exams, years of therapy, RLE, etc.

>>8588930
They're not the same condition. Two medical conditions have have similar symptoms but totally different causes. The most likely cause for GID is a problem with hormones during the sex differentiation part of fetal development. We aren't sure of the cause of BIID. The only thing the two have in common is the brain map being wacky, lumping them together is extremely premature.
>>
>>8588939
The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:
Person 1 asserts proposition X.
Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the opposing position.
For example:
Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).[3]
Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then denying that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[2]
Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.
>>
>>8588906
>having the wrong body map isn't related to having the wrong body map
>This is why people think we're crazy.

You're retarded. Saying these conditions are the same because they both result from the "wrong body map" is an extreme over simplification. It's like saying the flu is the same as HIV because they're both caused by viruses.
>>
>>8588930
A lot of people use dude in a gender neutral way.
>>
>>8588964
What is the difference that sets them apart then?
>>
>>8589007
it's already been explained to you, you're being purposefully obtuse.
>>
>>8588922
>Just say trannies are mentally ill

And the accepted treatment is transition. What about this is hard for you?
>>
>>8587234
You can stab someone with that nose.
>>
>>8589029
>they're different because they just are
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
>>
>>8589221
No, read >>8588943
You're blatantly ignoring information that has been given to you.
>>
>>8589263
None of that backs what you're now claiming.
>>
>>8589277
I'm not that anon, but how does it not?
>>
>>8589007
one is a fetish, the other is not.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.