[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>whenever someone tries to portray trans as good they use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sus.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sus.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>whenever someone tries to portray trans as good they use a ftm
>whenever someone tried to portray trans as bad they use a mtf
what does the world mean by this?
>>
1) MtFs are cunts way too often?

2) Cis people tend to forget FtMs exist, and most of their anti-trans arguments are BTFO by the existence of trans guys.
>>
>>8586303
>>whenever someone tries to portray trans as good they use a ftm

give me 5 examples
>>
>>8586313
boys dont cry
Lady Valor
Becoming Chaz
Romeos
Southern Comfort
>>
>>8586313
>>8586358
btfo
>>
>>8586303
left or right everyone recognizes the superiority of men

and the conceptual penis as a social construct
>>
>>8586303
transmisogyny obviously
>>
>>8586358
ooh speaking of movies, I know it's a counter example, but Boy Meets Girl was great <3
>>
>>8587322
No, no it really wasn't.
>>
>>8586303
Men are seen as smarter. The subcocious says that person is going to 'bring home the bacon' or do something useful. Mtf are seen as either gay (read: stupid) or feminine (vapid, weak 'stupid'). So they are subcutaneously thought to just be a dumb bitch.
>>
>>8586310
this
>>
>>8586303
>>whenever someone tried to portray trans as bad they use a mtf

Because mtf's are far more likely to be ugly and terrifying, while unpassing ftm's still look like cute tomboys. So they're limited to mtf when they need examples of ugly trannies.
>>
>>8586303
Society hates passing MtFs for gaining inherent value/female privilege in daily life without having a womb to justify it.
>>
>>8586303
Where is there a version of Mulan with a male lead?
Dressing as or living as the opposite gender is only cool/awesome/heroic when afabs do it.
A lot of trans guys my age LOVE Mulan, but trans girls my age had...idk nothing that portrayed a similar concept of a guy dressing as a girl in a positive light.
>>
>>8588278
um Ill have you know in that exact same film they had men dress as women and it was definitely not played as a joke or completely hypocritical
>>
>>8586303
its 50x easier to find a passable ftm than an mtf?

Cause youre not going to portray trans as good if you use someone who doesnt pass
>>
>>8587308
>>8586303
This is also evident in that 99.9% of the time if a cis lesbian is dating a trans person it's an FtM and never an MtF.
>>
>>8588824
>Cause youre not going to portray trans as good if you use someone who doesnt pass
There have been a few portrayals of trans people in positive light with an unpassing trans woman. One of the best is probably "Her Story".
>>
>>8588934
the game? she's not trans afaik
>>
>>8588953
No the series.

http://www.herstoryshow.com/
>>
>>8588923
The only time I can think of this happening is the L Word, and everyone thought he was gross once he started transitioning.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.