[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a school and they've just launched a lgbtq group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Careers.png (336KB, 673x650px) Image search: [Google]
Careers.png
336KB, 673x650px
I work at a school and they've just launched a lgbtq group and I'm going to start going along to help organise things etc.

What are some things that now, as angst-ridden gay/trans adults, you wish had existed when you were a angst-ridden gay/trans kid?

Or do you have other recommendations for things the group could do (trips, charities we could fundraise for, campaigns etc.)
>>
>>8582834
An example of older gay person/couple who found hapiness in life and didn't get AIDS or drug addictions or beaten to death.
>>
Make sure it doesn't end up looking like a tumblr meetup+anime club
>>
>>8582909
Anon, I'm not sure that's possible
>>
>>8582834
>History lesson about lgbt rights
so they'll know their rights and the effects of those laws.

>World politics about the lgbt
so they'll know which immigrants are the most and least likely to hang them or throw them off a building.

>Documentary about the AIDS epidemic during the 80's/90's
so they'll protect themselves from the infected.

>Network of gays
so if shit goes down, they know who they can trust.
>>
>>8582913
It's an all girls school so the aids thing is less of a worry but thanks for the ideas
>>
>>8582834
self defense classes for wimpy kids, or teach everyone how to shoot a gun
>>
>>8582916
>going to a school progressive enough to have an lgbtq group
Why would you assume they are even angst-ridden? Kids in my area schools are coming out and being accepted. Kids that are able to be out and social enough for an lgbtq group aren't the crippling closeted-forever neets on 4chan.
Regular social events will keep most happy. Anyone truly suffering ought to be getting one-on-one counseling. Trips/fundraisers/campaigns etc. will depend on the budget you have and the permission of the school and not something you should worry about right away.
Start conversations on the topics like coming out or women that are out and famous. Keep it positive, times are changing and by the time they are adults, being gay will be even more accepted.
>>
>>8582834
slipping the trans kids self-medding info
>>
>>8582999
Op said it was an all girls school
>>
>>8582834
>What are some things that now, as angst-ridden gay/trans adults, you wish had existed when you were a angst-ridden gay/trans kid?

i wish there was no group to force me how to identify and then single me out if i identified in a certain way
>>
>>8582834
>What are some things that now, as angst-ridden gay/trans adults, you wish had existed when you were a angst-ridden gay/trans kid?
People to tell me that if I get off imagining I'm a girl, it WON'T go away and I AM trans.
>>
>>8583005
Retard
>>
>>8582834
Information about transsexualism, and anonymous Internet contacts.
>>
That Asexuality is a thing.

That it's normal to not feel the urge to merge.

That Asexuality, like bisexuality, is a spectrum rather than binary.
>>
>>8583364

Self-medding MtF drugs is relatively easy. How the fuck are you going to teach an AFAB how to get testosterone? Any MtF in an all-girls school is already going to be socially transitioned and on blockers as a minimum. Unless you mean getting around the "no estrogen until 16" rule, but I'm not sure if that would make the doctor(s) mad at them or just start providing estrogen earlier as harm prevention and that the kid has already proved they're serious.
>>
>>8582906
George Takei is a good example but you risk your club going far left wing there.

>>8582909
This a hundred times.
>>
>>8582834
Big tip OP: Please don't do this : >>8583536 You finally have a great opportunity to have a LGBTQ group you don't want it to be ridiculed because of the Asex meme
>>
>>8583537
This. Testosterone without a prescription in the US is a felony and it's similarly ranked crime elsewhere. It's not in that legal grey area MtF HRT is, it's a literal steroid that is one of the most commonly abused and counterfeited ones.
>>
File: gay man vs faggot.jpg (56KB, 599x517px) Image search: [Google]
gay man vs faggot.jpg
56KB, 599x517px
>Lgbtq group in school
fuck off, close it down

it'll do more harm than good
>>
>>8583602
Well, it doesn't sound like OP has that power anyway, but a club like this is not inherently about "LOOK AT US, WE ARE THE GAYS!1!". You gotta remember these are teens that probably very recently figured out they are gay or are still figuring it out. They need an outlet of some sort to come to terms with it, especially if they don't have any support at home from their family.
>>
>>8583602
The funniest thing about is that
>Feels the need to flaunt their sexuality in places/situations it doesn't belong

=straight people on LGBTA-pages/gay pride etc

-suffers from victimitus

= straight people when a tv character turns out to be gay

>revives every facist of his life around it

=the constant glorification of love in the media, valentines day, marriage basically every where you go. you might not see it bc you think its just 'love' but its 'straight love'
>>
>>8583631
what's up with all the = and -
>>
>>8583631
back to tumblr jesus christ
>>
>>8583571
I think it's quite healthy to realize that asexuality is real
>>
>>8583631
Yeah straight people can be fags too, that doesn't mean that it's okay to be a faggot.

And of course society is going to glorify "straight love," the vast VAST majority of human beings are straight. And also straight love leads to reproduction, which is kind of the foundation of our species. Of any species.
>>
>>8583673
>And of course society is going to glorify "straight love," the vast VAST majority of human beings are straight. And also straight love leads to reproduction, which is kind of the foundation of our species. Of any species.
this

being straight is way more "normal" compared to guys fucking eachother in the ass
>>
>>8583651
- should be >
>>8583656
tell that to >>8583661
>>8583661
sure it is, bro
>>
>>8583673
Heteronormativity is a social construct. It's our duty as radical queers to recruit normies via cultural Marxism
>>
>>8583687
you do know a majority of the straights love/would love to do anal with their partner... it's 2017 anal hasn't been just for the gays for a while now
>>
File: bad things.jpg (38KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
bad things.jpg
38KB, 550x512px
jesus fucking christ

this is my first time here and this is tumblr, fucking tumblr

>>8583697
>current year
>normalizing sticking dick into poophole just because it's "love"

>>8583691
>Heteronormativity is a social construct
>cultural marxism
>queer

>>8583661
>asexuality

what the fuck is this
why are all gays tumblr hippies
>>
>>8583697
I think his emphasis was on the "guys fucking each other" part rather than the "ass" part.
>>
>>8583556
Older person I can talk to not just see on TV, but thanks.
>>
>>8583707
90% of this board are retard Tumblr immigrants who can't debate worth a shit. Because they think this is still Tumblr, they expect their Tumblrite SJW buddies to swarm whenever they make "quippy" (read: shitty and unimaginative) one-liners.

Thus, they never even try to make their side look good. They just drag it down through the mud like a pig.
>>
>>8583812
>this many buzzwords

Heh, you sure showed them kiddo with your superior ability to argue.
>>
>>8583828
>literally used no buzzword
wow
tumblr really cant debate for shit
>>
>>8583828
*quippy one-liner*
*I sure got him this time! Hope my tumblrite backup responds to hit the sh1tlord!*

x-D
>>
File: StrawMan.jpg (22KB, 211x255px) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan.jpg
22KB, 211x255px
>>8583832
>retard tumblr immigrants
>tumblrite
>not buzzwords
>calling me Tumblr
Your debate levels are off the charts my man

@8583835
>>
>>8583858
*quippy one-liner*
*logical fallacy I don't understand fully*
*I sure got him this time! Hope my tumblrite backup responds to hit the sh1tlord!*

x-D
>>
>>8583858
that isnt buzzwords
>>
>>8583870
>using a website nobody here actually cares about as an insult for people who say things you don't agree with in an effort to appear smart

Your logical rational intellect is greater than mine, I admit it

>>8583868
Post butt
>>
>>8583902
>nobody cares
>but me who spent multiple posts of salt whining about being called tumblr not realizing that reverse psychology will just make more people call me tumblr anyway

tumblrite mad X-D
>>
>>8583916
Post butt
>>
>>8583937
post your butt
>>
>>8583941
I asked first, stop bending rules and bend yourself and post butt.
>>
>>8583916
Tumblr is the superior website. Sorry you can't see it that way :3 :/
>>
>>8583972
post butt cutie
>>
>>8583697
gays are commiting suicide via ass cancer
>>
>>8583993
>eat the shittest diet of any generation up to this point
>have the lowest levels of physical exercise
>wonder why your shitter grows cancerous
>blame it on le gays instead
>>
>>8583993
Good. Every single faggot should kill themselves. If they're too much of a pussy to do it, i'd gladly help them.
>>
>>8584011
Neck yourself faggot scum.
>>
>>8584071
>>8584063
triggered tranny spotted
>>
>>8582834
As a gay adult i wish there hadn't been so much lgbt shit that only served to piss homophobes off further. I stayed closeted in HS, the only thing i wish i had done is been a gay faggot slut but then i remind myself that no, i dont want that black mark on my personal history and my life is good as is.

tl;dr
You're just giving homophobes more reason to hate you.
>>
>>8583812
>99% of this board are retard tumblr immigrants
>Implying LGBT = Tumblr user
We'd be more accepting of the bullshit "QIA+" if we were Tumblrites.
>>
>>8583536
Back in my day, we didn't use fancy words like "asexuality" and pretend it made you part of the "queer spectrum" somehow. We'd say "low sex drive", "no sex drive", "not interested in sex", or "not interested in relationships" and these were perfectly normal and respectable notions before today's oversexed, oppression olympics culture.

The whole asexuality meme can go hang itself. You're not new special snowflakes. This shit used to be perfectly fucking normal, especially in past centuries where sexually libertine behavior was VERY heavily frowned upon. New labels don't make you special.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.