[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender, while different from sex, is still loosely based on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1500057264332.png (132KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1500057264332.png
132KB, 500x496px
Gender, while different from sex, is still loosely based on the male or female characteristics. Even the most manly of men have feminine attributes, but they are still men because that is what they prefer their sexual organs to look like. The most hyper-feminine bottom boys are still men because that what they prefer their genitals to look like.

Someone who is mtf, even if they have a penis, is female, because they wish for that change, thus transgender, transsexual playing in when they complete SRS.

Everything else degrades the struggles of those who are /actually/ trying to transition.

Prove me wrong, pic related.
>>
Everyone on this board agrees that there's only two genders and two sexes, ESPECIALLY the transsexuals here.

You can be transsexual without surgery too

Why does /pol/ make this thread every day
>>
>>8579655

They're unowns you fucking casual.
>>
>>8579655
Non binary acceptance is the next frontier for civil rights. Pretty much nobody accepted trans 20 years ago. Pretty much nobody accepted gay 40 years ago. Today, even many in the lgbt community refuse to accept gender is a social construct that can be freely chosen at will. But fortunately the times they are a changing, and such bigoted attitudes will soon be a thing of the past.
>>
>>8579665
>>8579681

That's why, faggot
>>
idk I started hormones because I thought I was female
I love the effects but I don't HATE all masculine things about myself, so I've kinda landed in the middle wearing makeup and taking hormones but identifying/acting closer to a gay male than a woman

maybe I'll start to identify as a woman eventually but besides being masculine in some ways personality-wise it's also a relief that I won't need FFS or use a fake voice...like I can just be more myself
>>
>>8579681

why must there be a next frontier?
>>
>>8579681
Can't give rights to something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>8579690
Don't you want a world were everyone is 'free to be themselves'?
>>
>>8579725

Sure, but there's no scientific basis for any of these gender identities. To the best of our knowledge it's totally artificial, and it makes a mockery out of human rights to treat these meme "genders" as if they were an unalterable fact of a person's biology.

I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if there is some scientific basis found for all of that, but even then it's a bullshit notion that there's always a "next frontier" with human rights. Sometimes you're just finished.
>>
>>8579742
gender is a social construct. We should strive for a world were people are not constrained by gender and are completely free to be themselves.everyone is valid.
>>
>>8579793

Sex, sexual orientation and sexual identity are not though. They all have a biological basis. Hence why human rights exist for them - so that people are not discriminated against for some fact of their being that they cannot change.

You can change made up genders.
>>
>>8579818
Just because you are discriminated for being trans doesn't mean we should erase the experiences of nonbinary people with genders that are considered 'made up' by cisheteronormative society.
>>
>>8579655
>i'm a unique trans snowflake but everyone else is either a man or a woman, goddammit!!!

hypocritical much?
>>
Gender is a social construct in the same sense that government is a social construct, i.e. a system put into place because it was thought to be effectual and necessary. It has a strong base in biology, as men and women have different biological and neurological characteristics that make them generally excel at and gravitate towards different skills. It can be argued that gender roles evolved with society as men and women followed their instincts.
It can also be argued (especially by young people) that traditional gender roles are no longer necessary in our current egalitarian and culturally nomadic western society... but the real argument lies in what is deemed to be "necessary" for the end goal of self-propagation. I feel that there must be more to it than the frantic extension of individualism in reaction to societally mandated groupthink. Are people instinctively reacting to overpopulation and its implications and removing themselves from the running, as it were?

/blog
>>
>>8580031
Late capitalism has no concept of community, it recognises only the atomised sovereign consumer in one side and abstract society on the other. You are free to 'be yourself' and receive recognition from abstract society, but at the same time condemned to loneliness and purposelessness.
>>
>>8579655
These look like those cave pokemon
>>
>>8579725
What if: SHOCKER

you enjoy the constraints and trappings of your gender?

Nah, could never be. SMASH PATRIARCHY! EVERYONE WHO LIKES THING I DON'T LIKE IS EVIL!!

>and feminists wonder why they are eternally the laughing joke of society
>>
File: dcc8d5115383b5e47d40c48432.jpg (17KB, 236x178px) Image search: [Google]
dcc8d5115383b5e47d40c48432.jpg
17KB, 236x178px
>>8580048
You've obviously overdosed on bloody John Craven's Newsround, Sweetie.
>>
>>8579864

>hurr durr science is cisheteronormative

No. Your feelings do not trump facts. I will heartily "erase the experiences of nonbinary people" if they're seriously to alter our human rights framework for something they essentially made up.
>>
>>8579681
>Today, even many in the lgbt community refuse to accept gender is a social construct that can be freely chosen at will.
No fuck that. If I could freely choose it I would be just be a man. It is not something you can choose and anyone claiming otherwise is a fucking special snowflake retard.

Agreeing that you can choose your gender is a huge fuck you to trans people who usually feel like they have to transition to feel okay with themselves.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.