[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say trans people get what they want from society and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: typical_trans_woman.png (551KB, 750x612px) Image search: [Google]
typical_trans_woman.png
551KB, 750x612px
Let's say trans people get what they want from society and government, that one's gender is defined to be whatever they want it to be and is completely independent from gender expression, biological sex, etc... In that case, what is stopping people from declaring themselves to be trans on paper just to get various gibs designed for women and trans people (say from government, LGBT organizations, women organizations, etc...)? I can say I'm a transgender woman, make my pronouns your typical male pronouns, and say my "gender expression" is male and go about with my everyday life. Nothing changes except for my access to various gibs. Nobody can question me or they will be transphobic. At some point gender will be nothing more than a legal loophole that will be exploited for monetary gain, typically by wealthy businessmen.
>>
>Let's say trans people get what they want from society and government, that one's gender is defined to be whatever they want it to be and is completely independent from gender expression, biological sex, etc
No actual trans person wants this.

Tumblr is thataway.
>>
>>8575192
what specific gibs would you want that are afforded to women and not to men?

>At some point gender will be nothing more than a legal loophole that will be exploited for monetary gain, typically by wealthy businessmen.

well, gender is kind of a spook, eventually it won't even exist in the far future.
>>
Every single trans person on this website thinks that gender is biological (your body has biological sex and your brain has an innate gender identity) and there's only two of them

Fuck off
>>
>>8575264
https://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/108375
is one example
>>
>>8575268
there are some ~gender is a spectrum uwu~ people and Blanchardians here, unfortunately.

glad that there are fellow truscum active though.
>>
>>8575315
When did gender from having varying degrees of fem/masc people of both he ders to just making it all a spectrum :/
>>
>>8575192
Awesome, feminism and female privilege stop working!

Now we just need Rachel Dolezal to catch on and we can get rid of racial affirmative action too.
>>
>>8575282
i mean yeah I guess you could apply for stuff like that. If your official data says you're a woman and you look visibly trans you'll be discriminated against anyway, so you probably need it.
>>
Anon, trans is not a political alignment. Most of us actually want to pass and disappear, you don't hear about it much because that's what we do. Pass and disappear.
>>
>>8575192
>In that case, what is stopping people from declaring themselves to be trans on paper just to get various gibs designed for women and trans people (say from government, LGBT organizations, women organizations, etc...)?

Spaces that exclude cis men on a good faith basis where nobody is asked about their gender at the door, even if they look male already exist and they work.
>>
>>8578591
Trans is a political stance / belief / worldview

GD is a mental illness

You can have one without the other

You can hate every facet of every change your body and mind have undergone since puberty to the point of suicide, but that doesn't mean you have to lend any credence to the belief that you "are" something you're not.
>>
>>8575192
Congratulations you have discovered what happens when you take
>Reality is what you BELIEVE it is
and
>We have to subsidize the oppressed
to their logical conclusion

Solution 1:
Remove all gibsmedats from Le Oppressed Classes (this will never happen due to chimpouts and antifa)

Solution 2:
Guard the gibsmedats even harder (e.g., Trans is allowed to cash in on female privilege, BUT the gatekeeping has to be tightened down)

e.g., Ethnic Minority scholarships are already guarded by a DNA test if you don't "look" black enough, which is solution 2
>>
>>8578862
>Spaces that exclude black men on a good faith basis where nobody is asked about their race at the door

that slope sure is slippery. how is excluding someone based on these kinds of factors not the epitome of discrimination? or is this just cognitive dissonance at work.
>>
>>8578862
Sure, because most of those "safe spaces" offer nothing of value for businessmen trying to make a profit. Nobody trying to make a profit gives a shit about entering "safe spaces" for the sake of it, so excluding certain groups on a "good faith" basis works. This changes when serious money is on the table, an example being mentioned here: >>8575282 When this is the case, there is no such thing as "good faith", you have to have to tighten down the gate-keeping to ensure that only "true" members of the "oppressed" class gets access to those gibs. >>8578941 sums it perfectly. The problem is that SJWs want gender to be so loosely defined that it might as well be just another form of your favorite color. Anyone questioning anyone's self-described gender for any reason is transphobic. At the same time, no SJW wants these gibs that already exist in place to be removed. If such policies are implemented and accepted in mainstream culture, there is literally no way around having wealthy businessmen using this gender loophole to access gibs.

Basically, you can only pick two:
>Your gender is what you want it to be
>Gibs for women and LGBT people
>Ensure that no straight cis man gets access to these gibs by simply stating they are trans
>>
>>8578932
>but that doesn't mean you have to lend any credence to the belief that you "are" something you're not
My brain IS masculinized contra my birth sex, that IS reality. Your limbic system tells you want gender you are (damage that part of the brain and you might lose your sense of what gender you are) and mine says I'm a guy. Which means I'm a guy.

I'm not MALE, but I've never claimed to be the opposite SEX, and that's irrelevant to how I interact with most people (who aren't sexual partners) anyway. Sexual partners have all known I'm female.

kys for your stupidity
>>
>>8575282
Funny how it's the small business owners who get aid and never the exploited proletariat. Capitalism is broken and only likely to become more shitty and alienating in the future. Capitalism is unable to see anything in terms other than those of consumer choice and individual self expression. that's why ideas such as 'gender is innate' will always be incompatible with capitalism. You will have the reactionaries in one side and the sjws on the other, with no middle ground.
>>
>>8579489
No capitalism is best by far. Capitalism has given us the tools needed to transition in the first place. Small businesses don't have it easy either, far from it. Attrition is high and a lot of them struggle. They aren't just picking dollars off the money tree.
>>
File: 1489720613649.jpg (173KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
1489720613649.jpg
173KB, 800x601px
>>8579489
Shut the fuck up, you fucking communist pig.
>>
>>8579503
Small business owners will exploit you and treat you like shit though. Right wingers complain about affirmative action, which is ironically a side effect of capitalism. Capitalism is now about social capital as well: there's a reason why 'diversity consultants' are a multimillion dollar industry. The system will never leave you alone, the system wants to exploit you and control you. Old traditions and forms of life are being destroyed with nothing coming in to replace them, this makes people nervous, that's how you get fascism.
>>
>>8579533
>Small business owners will exploit you and treat you like shit though
Assholes are assholes in any system. At least you can quit if you don't like it.
A big issue today is that a lot of capitalists these days are actually rent seekers. They buy politicians to get laws passed to stifle competition, with government law enforcement used as muscle to back up their system. This way they don't have to actually compete fairly.
>>
>>8575192
People just won't believe you if you claim to be trans without being obviously mentally ill, depressed and awkward.
>>
>>8578941
Great, so we're going to get more gatekeeping and getting told we're falsetrans just because SJWs can't keep their hands out of other people's pockets in their moral righteousness to compensate rich Kenyans whose ancestors sold the slaves into slavery in the first place.
>>
>>8575192
>what is stopping people from declaring themselves to be trans on paper just to get various gibs

In an equal society there wouldn't be special gibs for special groups since everyone is equal and no one is special.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.