[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>come out to my mom as trans (ftm) >she says that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

>come out to my mom as trans (ftm)
>she says that's normal and when she was my age she wanted to be a boy too
>wtf mom, no it isn't
>says i'll get over it eventually and i just need a boyfriend

is my mom repressed trans? or is she right and i'm actually not trans??
>>
Are you really that fucking easily influenced that the most minor challenge of your feelings invalidates them completely?
>>
>>8572607
but what if she's telling the truth? it could be a major red flag about my feelings
>>
When I came out as MTF my mother said exactly the same thing.

I wonder if our moms would be trenders if they were that age now.
>>
>>8572648
are you on hrt now? are you happy with your transition so far?
>i wonder if our moms would be trenders if they were that age now.
yeah i dunno. maybe they could be trans and just repressing. i never thought my mom showed any signs of being trans though.
>>
>>8572596
She's right, you're wrong. Honestly it's like a hundred times more common than actually being FtM. I had to tell an ex-gf this. Very painful in that while she realized I was right, she broke up with me because she couldn't bear to admit it to me.

>tfw foreveralone lesbian ever since
>>
>>8572596
>m-mom, I think I'm t-trans...
>umm no sweetie, you just need a good dicking
Based mom
>>
>>8572648
Lol I'm also another MtF who's mom gave them the whole "well I wanted to be a boy at your age" spiel whenever I came out.
>>8572676
Not that anon but I'm on hrt right now and I'm very happy with it.
>>
>>8572676
>are you on hrt now? are you happy with your transition so far?
Yeah. While I feel much better than before, honestly it's been a failure so far. I'll absolutely need FFS to even have a shot at passing, and that's years away.
>>
>>8572596
>wanted to be a boy
There's the being allowed to do the things men get away with, then there is the crying because no dick and beard thing. All women wants male privilege. Doesn't make them trans.
>>
>>8572596
>>8572648
>>8572740
mtf here, my mom told me she wanted to be a boy when she was my age when I came out too
>>
>>8572676
>yeah i dunno. maybe they could be trans and just repressing. i never thought my mom showed any signs of being trans though.
Late transitioning FTMs are a very uncommon occurence, aren't they?
I'd guess it's more like they just didn't like stereotypical female gender roles, which doesn't have much to do with dysphoria and transness.
>>
>>8572749
what if wanting to be a boy during adolescence triggers something in the womb that leads to trans babies or something
>>
>>8572754
Every woman's kids would be fucking trans if that were the case, I've never known a woman who didn't want to be a boy around 12 or so, just before puberty kicked in and a ways afterward basically.

Almost all women cast it off once their appetite for dick outgrows their fear of taking dick though.
>>
>>8572596
Same thing happened with me and she was right hard to say anon
>>
File: there is hope for us yet.jpg (272KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
there is hope for us yet.jpg
272KB, 1280x1280px
Depends on how old you are.

I'm a 30-year-old cis lesbian who experienced fairly intense periods of what read as gender dysphoria throughout her life, mostly related to a combination of abuse, natural tomboyishness, crushingly low self-esteem, and discomfort with my sexuality. There was a year, year and a half-ish where I quietly considered myself to be FtM, though I never told anybody about it. Would've been gung-ho on the genderqueer train had that been as mainstream as it is nowadays.

Eventually I did out of it. There was another spike in dysphoria after I was raped by a friend - I couldn't leave the house without wearing two bras and often fantasized about straddling a belt-sander - but it faded as I worked through the trauma. It's been years now, and while I'm still not hyperfeminine, I'm nevertheless comfortable with being female.

I think modern culture in general is trending towards a distasteful perception of traditional femininity and prevalence/idolization of "strong"/badass/male-acting female characters and role models, which is contributing to the recent wave in trenderqueer females feeling disconnected from their gender.
>>
>>8572613
You are acting like a person who was abused. Most people don't get invalidated this quickly.
>>
>>8572827
>I think modern culture in general is trending towards a distasteful perception of traditional femininity and prevalence/idolization of "strong"/badass/male-acting female characters and role models, which is contributing to the recent wave in trenderqueer females feeling disconnected from their gender.
I would've thought the trenders are feeling alienated from the idolization of femininity and that's why they're pretending to be men, the same way OP is.
>>
>>8572596
you can still be an ftm and have a bf
the two aren't mutually exclusive
>>
>>8572596
It's unlikely your mom is repressed trans. When you're online people are quick to tell you that you're trans and do amateur diagnosis. If you removed internet communities and communication for 30 years a lot less people would be trans.
>>
>>8572596
Just listen to your mom, a lot of young people experience some trans feelings but most of the time they vanish again.

http://www.sexologytoday.org/2016/01/do-trans-kids-stay-trans-when-they-grow_99.html?m=1
>>
>>8572596
Aidan!
Don't talk back to your Father!
>>
>>8572596
>wtf mom, no it isn't

SOunds like you want transition just so that you can be different and bring attention to yourself.
Not a good reason to transition--actually, it's a terrible one.
>>
>>8572750
>Late transitioning FTMs are a very uncommon occurence, aren't they?
FtM are likely under-diagnosed since the rates vary by culture and the ratios are getting closer to 1:1 with increased social acceptance, I think the late transitioning rates vary by culture too, they don't seem uncommon in Poland for example

I think most evidence points towards them being as common as MtFs and majority of FtMs not transitioning even if you take trenders into account

That said transsexuals in general are rare
>>
>>8573756
Different poster here, please don't fucking say that. Really don't want to think about that possibility.
>>
This whole board gives me a headache.
>>
>>8572596
Or maybe she's just doing the typical `oh It's just a phase, hun` to you.

Your mom is just calling upon wishes she had in the past to be a dude. It's pretty common for both males and females to come upon to joys of being another gender and to then feel bad. Just take a look at all the faggots on this board. Most of them came here from an overdose of `girl life syndrome` thanks to watching cute girls doing cute things.

Your mom thinks your just lonely and that you need a cute boy to sort you out. Problem with this approach is that you'll now feel inclined to hate your mother for such a close minded approach to the subject.

Best advice for you is to figure your identity out naturally. No one can tell you who you are.
>>
>>8575850
>It's pretty common for both males and females to come upon to joys of being another gender and to then feel bad.
[citation needed] that cis people do this.
>>
>>8575934
I think by "joys" they meant more practical stuff
>"if I had been a man, my salary would be much better and I wouldn't have to face sexism as much"
>"if I had been a woman I wouldn't be expected to do as much in a relationship and everyone would be entitled to me"
You know, the typical bullshit that people think about the opposite gender.

Which is common, but definitely not the same thing as dysphoria.
>>
My mom is extremely homophobic but it's obvious she's a lesbian.
>>
>>8572596
My wife said she wanted to be male when she was younger and is glad she was born when she was and not today, because it would probably have been encouraged and she knows it would have been a terrible, life ruining mistake.
>>
>>8572827
When did you grow out of it and when did it start?

You mean discomfort with being a lesbian or some other aspect of it?

>prevalence/idolization of "strong"/badass/male-acting female characters and role models, which is contributing to the recent wave in trenderqueer females feeling disconnected from their gender.
???
Why would it work like that?
Wouldn't it make them prefer to be female instead if females are portrayed as superior/acknowledged more? I know it works like that for me at least
>>
>>8573756
Well fuck...
>>
>>8572596
Everyone has slight feelings of wanting to be the opposite sex. What makes someone trans is body dysphoria.
>>
>>8572718
This
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.