[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am currently on my eleventh week of hormones and I am still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: results.png (993KB, 2000x1804px) Image search: [Google]
results.png
993KB, 2000x1804px
I am currently on my eleventh week of hormones and I am still feeling anxious for my transition to really begin. I also feel nervous and afraid that there is still a chance that I become a hon. The picture is the results of my last lab test for my latest endocrinologist appointment who felt that my testosterone levels were already low enough to warrant to non-usage of T-blockers.

/mtfg/ and /tgg/ have me afraid that if I don't go on T-blockers soon then I may never pass as a woman. Please tell me that these results are a good sign?
>>
>>8570847
I noticed you only mention /mtfg/ as being shit, but what is your opinion on /tgg/? To be honest, they seem like the actual general that one can obtain quality information from.
>>
>>8570840
I would not ask any serious questions on this board anymore. Apart from the trolls, naturally, it's filled with people who have absolutely no idea and are misinformed. So take anything with a pot of salt and make your own research.

Anyways, your levels are fine. T is in the lower range and as for E you can already see the reference values. There are arguments over aiming for average or higher values.

What AA are you taking? Depending on that you might adjust the dosage and eventually stop taking it, if the levels stay low. There is no reason to quit them only for your levels to rise again.
>>
>>8570840
blockers are a must, many doctors have knowledge that is out of date
if you can't get them prescribed then self-med, qhi.co.uk + info from /HRTgen/ here
>>
You want T on the lower end of female range, not high end. Estrogen dose could probably go up a little as well, aim for 300 pg/mL, you want receptor saturation for best results. Also get your doctor to test E1:E2 ratios, high E1 is bad (7-8% as effective as E2) but will look normal on total estrogen tests.
>>
Don't tell your parents. Figure out how to get HRT and get a doctor to mutilate with you without their permission, then excommunicate them. Then you can be here with us forever on the internet talking about it, and we'll always lead you down this totally safe irreversible path that has no credibility and a 40% suicide rate and sterilizes you. People never regret this and the science is settled. Don't look up any outside information and anyone who disagreees with me is repressing or baiting.
>>
>>8570840
>>8571024
I overlooked the part where you said you've never taken any. So yes, your T is exceptionally low and you don't really need blockers. You could take a very low dose AA if you want. Also you could check for intersex or other conditions if you care about that.
>>
>>8571024
I'm not taking any anti-androgen drugs. I am just on estrogen patches.

>>8571040
Is that why he thought that I didn't need testosterone blockers when I already have low T numbers?

>>8571053
What is E1 and E2 exactly? This is the first time I heard of them believe it or not.

>>8571063
Intersex would be conditions like Klinefelter's Syndrome, right? Also, who would I see to get that checked out? I presume an endocrinologist wouldn't be within that field of study, would they? Are AAs something one can find at a drug store or do you have to purchase them online?

>>8571061
> Don't tell your parents.
I guess this post doesn't apply to me then as my mother knows. I still need to tell my brother though. I also asked questions for other communities such as /cd/ and /r/asktransgender.
>>
I should also note very quickly that I am 26-years-old and about to turn 27 this Monday.
>>
>>8571473
>What is E1 and E2 exactly? This is the first time I heard of them believe it or not.
There are 3 estrogens that fall under "total estrogen" when tested. E3 is irrelevant as it's a pregnancy thing.

The estrogen you get is E2, estradiol, which metabolises into the other two types. E1 is estrone, E3 is estriol.

It seems that 25-33% of trans people have a screwed-up E1:E2 conversion ratio, where too much of the estradiol converts to estrone, leading to less feminisation.

It seems to be method-dependent, though, mostly happening with oral and sublingual methods. Since you're on patches you're probably fine!
>>
>>8570840
You don't need antiandrogens if you're low T.
Technically nobody needs antiandrogens it just makes getting down to female range T more difficult. But from your results there appears to be no issue.

However you should also be taking progesterone with your estradiol. Most people on cypro have no need for prog but since you're not on AAs you should take prog for better breast development.
Your T level is female range, and it's actually on the low end of female range at that. Not sure what other people in this thread are talking about lol
Female range T is 15 to 70 ng/dL and you're at 19ish.
Your E levels are also fairly normal.

I think it sounds like your doctor knows what they're doing. Most people on the internet are horrible at understanding hormonal interactions desu lol
But what >>8571053 is saying about your E1:E2 levels may not be a bad idea, but it's probably unnecessary. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
>>
>>8573545
> I think it sounds like your doctor knows what they're doing.
That is kind of relieving since sometimes I wonder and feel too intimidated to ask questions. He's an Indian man and he seems like he just wants to get me out of there as quickly as possible so he may move on to other patients. I do wonder how come he hasn't mentioned progesterone though. I guess that is something I could ask. Along with the E1 and E2 thing.

>>8573508
Curious, if I'm on patches, how would this make me fine. Do patches produce E1 more than E2 or something?
>>
>>8574731
I should also note that my doctor told me one way to contact him directly is through some website server for the clinic which I believe is called My Healthy Connection or some shit. I need to call them up and ask them what I put for the primary care physician since they are not a part of the clinic as I was referred to my endocrinologist by my insurance provider and my PCP outside of their clinic. I'm going to have to call them up today and ask them how I go about setting up this account so I may speak directly to my endocrinologist.
>>
>>8570840
Never listen to /mtfg/ or you will definitely become a hon.
>>
>>8570840
These results are fine. And that T is WITHOUT blockers? It's marvelous, and I think you need to get checked for intersex conditions. Are you otherwise progressing nicely? 3 months in, you should see some boobs.
>>
>>8574731
It's not that they produce more (E2 in this case), it's that they're metabolising through different tissue types.

Anyway, you should be a-ok with patches!
>>
>>8574801
Thank you for reminding me. How would I go about checking for intersex conditions since this was my first thought upon hearing the results? Is this also within the field of an endocrinologist or should I go back to my primary care physician and ask about this? Seeing as intersex conditions seem to be more biologically based than hormonal based.

> Are you otherwise progressing nicely?
Not sure if this is the result of the hormones or not, but I've lost some weight. Before starting estrogen I was weighing in around 210 to 215 lbs. and now I'm ranging from around 195 to 200 lbs. I think some of my hair is starting to grow back on my hair as it looks longer, but unfortunately, I am still fucking bald so I am just warming up to the idea of wearing a wig for my entire life. Since shit, I have to wear a patch, why not? My body hair is still growing to be a horrible man beast although I did notice the rate of regrowth started to slow down. I've had nipple sensitivity since day one of the estrogen and I think I feel the beginning of breasts developing. They also seem larger.

I just feel depressed because I still look like a male, but I suppose it just takes time so patience is required. I will definitely ask about E1 and E2 as well as progesterone.
>>
>>8575088
>How would I go about checking for intersex conditions
Get a karyotype test.
>>
File: hq.jpg (19KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hq.jpg
19KB, 500x281px
>>8570840
>Newborns (Males): 75 - 400 ng/dL
Holy crap! Baby boys have more testosterone than middle aged men?

Why??
>>
>>8575088
>and I think I feel the beginning of breasts developing. They also seem larger.
It's probably a good idea to start measuring yourself regularly because it's really hard to notice the changes happening to you as you see yourself daily.

>>8575613
I'd guess it has something to do with kickstarting the male gender.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.