[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any new prospects/projects on a new hormone therapy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Are there any new prospects/projects on a new hormone therapy? even just whispers or rumours on an improved therapy that might change bone structure or is more effictive. the best outcome would be a machine where get in, the machine works on a nano level on your body, you get out POEF your now a woman.
>>
File: giphy.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>8570749
yeah girl. I'm working on one in my basement right now, only had a few casualties. going to switch from testing it on neighborhood children to neighborhood dogs. heh
>>
>>8570758
what i meant is, is there even beeing research done on to improve it? or to find new and better ways.
>>
>>8570762
They're beginning human trials on reversing the aging process soon enough. From there, you can transition as early as you like!
>>
>>8570749
I don't know what determines bone structure. But changing it would be extremely difficult. It would require actual nanomachines slowly eating away at your bones permanently to prevent it from generating, and that would no doubt be extremely painful and make your body extremely fragile.

And for that we'd first need to create nanomachines which aren't anywhere near yet. Sorry anon.
>>
>>8570749
I think we need to work on a cure rather than more methods to trap yourself rather than feed the underlying mental illness.

>>8570762
Unfortunately not, at least for a cure. This is why we need more advocacy of alternatives for transition, as it doesn't work.
>>
>>8570798
this
>>
>>8570749
You get that sex hormones are natural, not invented by people right? I highly doubt someone's gonna invent a better estrogen that's capable of things regular estrogen isn't, and I highly doubt there will be a way to reverse skeletal masculinization in our lifetimes.
>works on a nani level on your body
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>8571375
But what about for FTMs then, since they have room to grow rather than wanting to reverse it?
>>
>>8571441
there's girls that get testosterone injections form young ages too. and it does help to masculinize them. they have it easier imo because you can always build on something small. they have the option of bone extending too. the only problem is that artificial penises aren't really all that..
>>
Changing bone structure is a very tall order. For all we know, full-body cloning (with the XY-XX switch being snuck into the process of course), followed by brain transplant or some such, might be the easiest way to do it. And that would not be easy.

That seems more plausible to me than relying on nanotech, anyway. I mean in the long run you can assume (albeit not at all safely) that nanotech will eventually become effectively like magic, able to solve any problem, but making use of that requires you to be able to LIVE through the long run, like for 400 years say, which isn't really a good plan although if you think you can manage it then go for it and good luck to you.
>>
Easier to find ways to alter brain chem/neurology to stop dysphoria than changing the whole body.
>>
>>8572286
I don't think so. The brain is more complicated than the rest of the body put together and gender identity seems to be very deeply rooted and not amenable to change by CBT or any pharmaceuticals that are currently known. Early transitioning helps with a lot of the body issues. A functioning reproductive system is the main thing we're lacking.
>>
>>8570749
Well SERMs tend to have higher binding affinity and activity to bones than estradiol itself. Plus it's not uncommon at all to combine estradiol with SERMs.
Raloxifene and Tamoxifen are hardly the only ones out there as well. There are hundreds of SERMs and not all of them hinder breast growth.

As far as whether that actually will change skeletal structure it's not really been studied. Just by common sense though your skeletal structure constantly changes throughout life and it's influenced by hormones though so it will change based on that but whether or not SERMs change it more than estradiol alone is not known.

As far as mechanical means of changing skeletal structure you should checkout the work done at UCSF called the magnetic mini mover procedure for pectus excavatum. They alter the shape of the rib cage by drilling and tapping small magnets into the ribs and then using an external brace with relocatable magnets to reshape the ribs.
Same concept as dental work basically.

Theoretically you could do the same anywhere on the body. Especially nowadays with laparoscopic surgical drills. You could drill and tap holes into your pelvis and attach magnets all over the place. Programs like Inventor or Solidworks could easily calculate the placement of the magnets and the placement of the magnets on the brace that you would need.
Then calculate the strength of the magnets based on Wolff's Law.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.