[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.lgbtscience.org/milton-d iamond/ >What is a t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: XFqRmi7_d.jpg (41KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
XFqRmi7_d.jpg
41KB, 640x1136px
http://www.lgbtscience.org/milton-diamond/

>What is a transsexual or transgender individual?

>Many people are aware that they have features which society tells them are of their opposite gender. So, somebody may be so-called rough and outdoorsy and love very masculine things. But also love things like flowers or art, which is considered feminine in our western society. Or, on the other hand, somebody could be a woman who loves children and loves to take care of them, but also wants to be a professional boxer. So, that individuals can have many so-called male or female traits within their own complexion, their own life. So, when an individual wants to make a dramatic change, by saying, “I would be happier living as a female, if I were a male,” “I want the world to react to me as a female,” that’s a transsexual. Vice versa the female who says, “I want to be a male. My feelings are more like males. My interests are more like males. I think more like males. I would be more comfortable as a male.” That is a transsexual.

Can anyone explain to me how this isn't tremendous sexism? How does the ones studying the T in LGBT get away with it?
>>
that doesnt describe trans people at all
>>
>>8566078
Dysphoria is the only reliable measure. If you're in pain because of your masculine/feminine features (physical) and because you're perceived as a man/woman (interpersonal), then you are transgender.
>>
>>8566078
>expecting cis people to "get it"

xddd
>>
>>8566157
But can't you be trans without dysphoria? This has been insisted everywhere
>>
>>8566562
that's called being queer
>>
Why are you reading """""""sex academia""""""?

Why are you sticking your head up the rectum of Freud to have a chat with him and then extrapolating that onto a Tibetan pottery board full of depressed people memeing at each other to try and make it through the day.

Why did you think this was a good idea to join a crowd of literal naval gazers who try to make a science of gender expression and not expect them to be massive wankers.

WE JUST WANT TO BE THE LITTLE GIRL BECAUSE OF FUCKED BRAIN-BODY DISSONANCE WHERE WE CONSTANTLY EXPECT TO SEE THE LADYLIKE REFLECTION AND NEVER DO AND FEEL HURT

THERE IS NO FUCKING LEXOGOGICAL EXPLANATION BY BUSYBODY DONOTHING MIDDLE CLASS SEX OBSESSED PSYCHOLOGIST WANKNUGGETS NECESSARY
>>
>>8566562
There's other kinds of transgender, like transvestite.
>>
>>8569256
transvestites are not trans, they are crossdressers
>>
A transgender person is anyone who has a gender identity different than their birth sex

A transsexual person is someone who has a gender identity that matches the opposite sex of their birth sex. Usually a transsexual who does not live as the sex they identify as has gender dysphoria (distress caused by their birth sex) which motivates them to modify their body and life to match their gender identity rather than conform to their birth sex.
>>
>>8569222
>Why are you reading """""""sex academia""""""?

Because when/pol/ comes to LGBT, this is what the T uses to defend itself.
>>
>>8569222
>WE JUST WANT TO BE THE LITTLE GIRL BECAUSE OF FUCKED BRAIN-BODY DISSONANCE WHERE WE CONSTANTLY EXPECT TO SEE THE LADYLIKE REFLECTION AND NEVER DO AND FEEL HURT

That isn't what the experts say. See >>8566078
>>
>>8566078

The sad thing is the radfems and the transactivists are both fighting for the same thing and act like the other is toxic to their cause.

>I want to be able to pursue my own interests, dress senses, mannerisms and ambitions without someone else telling me I have to confirm to traditional roles
>BUT THOSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE DRIVING GENDER ROLES

Can we just stop giving a shit about gender? Intersex/nonbinary people too. You don't identify as either, great job, good for you, now shut up embrace the androgyny and quit giving such a goddamn fuck.
>>
>>8572053
>Asking trannies with *gender* dysphoria to stop giving a shit about gender.
>>
>>8572053
Not caring doesn't solve problems as the problem lies in how people understand things sex and gender
>>
>>8571932
>experts
Refer to my post first, faggot.
>>
>>8572680
>don't listen to the people trained in the field, listen to me
>>
>>8572701
Everyone's a PH.d in everything these days. They graduated from the university of google scholar.
>>
>>8572701
>don't listen to trans people, listen to this fuck who went to a """prestigious""" school and was taught by someone who's not trans and just obsessed with sex
>>
>>8573009
>listened to people who have a physical disorder rather than the people who study it
>implying people who have problems know the nature of their problem better than those who study it
>implying having the problem gives you any knowledge but the experience of having it, nothing of its nature
>>
>>8573196
The only problem is that the people studying gender dysphoria never really understand what it is. They might be sympathetic but it's too alien to their experiences for them to really get it. Only trans people really understand it, and even we will argue with each other about it because we don't all experience dysphoria the exact same way.

I should have gone to grad school in psychology and studied this shit. I almost did.
>>
>>8573392
>The only problem is that the people studying gender dysphoria never really understand what it is.

lol they understand it enough to know the difference between gender dysphoria and body dysphoria.

Experiencing something doesn't mean you know what you're experiencing. That's a brute fact.
>>
>>8573392
>I almost did

you can still go
>>
>>8566078
This is really old stuff, which had pretty much no research, and the area was dominated by Blanchards hypotheses.

This isn't what you go on today, because they decided to listen a little to trans people.

Milton diamond did some good things, like exposing John money... But he's wrong about trans people.
>>
>>8573412
I'm too old now and have too much debt from another stupid educational choice. Also a big reason I didn't go to grad school is that I would have ended up having to do some teaching if I wanted an academic career, and I'm not really into that. I pass well but I'm too insecure to deal with classrooms full of students on a constant basis.
>>
>>8573196
>People who feel dysphoria don't know what it's like to feel dysphoria and they don't know why they transition

that's where you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>8573654
That was not said. Read the post again.
This is reiterated here >>8573410
>>
>>8573669
Read mine first faggot. You're going in circles
>>
>>8573679
Which?
>>
>>8573679
you were responded to fag
>>
>>8573695
>>8574638
>so attention hungry that you ping someone twice in the middle of the night trying to get a response
>muh objective expertise
>muh mature examination of feels as a career
>muh freud worship
>muh unibersity scholarship fees = I know what you feel better than you do
>muh hours spent looking up my own ass and hypothesizing = I am omniscient
>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME I'M GOOD WITH PEOPLE I'M NOT JUST A DESPERATE AUTIST WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DONT LIKE HIM
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.