[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still believes in love >still hoping that soulmates exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 20161121_175850.png (98KB, 288x331px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_175850.png
98KB, 288x331px
>still believes in love
>still hoping that soulmates exist
>sits on a bench in a park every evening waiting for "the one" to sit down next to me and start a conversation.

all my gay friends tell me I'm delusional and naive, and honestly yea pretty much. Are fags like me worse than the alternative: sex-crazed whores unable to commit to relationships? because at least they get laid and can be intimate with other people, whereas I hug my pillow every night and wallow in my idealism and petty, "tfw bf", fantasies..
>>
As a straight guy, I can relate to you OP
>>
>>8565499
You are only as bad as you believe yourself to be, but waiting isn't the game you want to play, be active and work hard to find your happiness

While people out there are starting conversations, you are just sitting there. Wasting time, time you could be spending with someone that could be the one.

Work hard anon I am rooting for you.
>>
I feel like there's a difference between believing that you can find a serious, monogamous, long-term relationship and that the man of your dreams is going to step into your life out of nowhere exactly when you expect it.
You could meet as friends, or they could be a friend of a friend, as somebody who's around but you don't know all that well at first.
Your ideal partner won't necessarily start out a complete stranger to you, and show up on cue.
And you could find them, instead of waiting for them to find you.
Those ideas really could be holding you back.
>>
File: 20170221_004812.jpg (48KB, 367x415px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_004812.jpg
48KB, 367x415px
>>8565499
I'm one of those sex crazed whores, and I also believe in finding "the one" but for me it's just a numbers game. The more guys I fuck the more chances I get to find the perfect partner. Still looking...
>>
>>8565567
I am trying to put myself out there. I both go to pride events and stores/conventions/meetups of hobbies I'm interested in and talk to people there. Good for making friends but not much luck in dating... I guess I have to look to dating apps?
>>
>>8565584
Well, if there are other people like you trying to find someone, dating apps might be where you can find them, unfortunately I think the most popular ones are used for quick hookups,

Either way you should go for it. It's not like you can't try more things if it fails.

Just make sure you are having fun Anon, Don't stress out too much about it. I am rooting for you.
>>
help me I think I might be demisexual

all my life I've laughed and scoffed at the special snowflake tumblr sexualities, but more recently I've come to the realization that I can only get off to men (or women, less often) that I'm close, intimate friends with. I can look at men who are traditionally considered attractive by most gay men, and can't fap to them, but there are men in my life that I'm deeply attracted to who I've been close friends with for years yet aren't frankly very attractive.

I didn't think it could happen to me, but I think I might have a stupid special snowflake sexuality.
>>
>>8565624
Idk anon, sounds to me that you're just bisexual. Getting off to people you are only close with isn't really *that* abnormal. You find personality and background sexy. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>8565499
>sitting on a park bench for conversation
Bitch this ain't a rom-com. Now I probably can't talk because I'm a lesbian and our relationships are kind of different. But I think true love exists. And fine, sure, I think gay guys as a general group are some of the most vain and shallow people out there but that doesn't mean that they ALL are. There's millions and millions of people. One of them has to be like you. You just have to actually try to find each other instead of sitting around. Or keep posting "tfw no bf" threads like a loser.
>>
Gay relationships, and more specifically love is complex. I think there are three key factors that a man is capable of bringing to the table: Financial security, romantic admiration, and physique/sex.

Here's where it gets complicated. I believe that the only instance where you're going to end up in something monogamous and long lasting is in a relationship where your partner has only TWO of these three components. Perhaps rarely couples form where both parties bring all three of these attributes to the table, very rarely.

If a gay man has all three of these components, his likelihood of settling down and quitting hooking up is inversely decreased for how much of these traits he exudes. Or he will only accept someone who is able to match him. If a man exudes only one or none of these traits, he probably isn't fit himself for a relationship.

So, considering the vast majority of us are extremely average, you need to find someone who is compatible with you, and perhaps excels at only two of these traits. More importantly IF YOU CAN FULFILL THE MISSING THIRD TRAIT, I think that is a huge factor in something long lasting.

I guess in a tldr; sort of way I might be telling you to lower your expectations. I also might be telling you that you need to prey on people's weaknesses, but to both of your benefit, because the comfort of being in a loving relationship where you depend on each other out weighs all of these measurements I'm describing.

Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
File: 1445074490357.gif (708KB, 408x303px) Image search: [Google]
1445074490357.gif
708KB, 408x303px
Your issue is that you are too much of a pussy. I don't worry that much. But I want a boyfriend so I am going to make it happen. I don't care if I end up getting spurned, or if it doesn't work out, or you just don't want me. But if I want you, then I will chat you up and ask you out. I'm going to make it happen. I'm not waiting for anyone to come to me. Boys don't fall out the sky. I will be the one to step and make it happen.
>>
Life is not a movie where you are going to just be sitting there and some hunk is gonna walk up to you and sweep you off your feet. You have to be that dude to make shit happen. In life you are gonna be with people and you might love them or maybe not. But if you try and fail, at least you don't have to ask yourself "what if".
>>
OP here, thank you all so much anons. Really good advice. This has been kind of a wake up call for me. Things aren't given to you in this universe, you have to take matters in to your own hand.
There's a cute guy that frequents this deli shop I go to that I think is gay. I think I'm gonna ask him out next time I see him :)
>>
File: 87787376e764476.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
87787376e764476.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>8565578
>The more guys I fuck the more chances I get to find the perfect partner
>mfw
There's a lot of logic in running the bases backwards.
Esp if sex is a big priority for you.

>>8565715
Good luck, Anon! Don't spill your spaghetti.
>>
>>8565737
Enjoy your AIDS!
>>
>>8565715
"I'm offering a deal on this BIG slab of beef I got back at my place baby gurl"

;)
>>
>>8565584
>pride events
There is nothing to be had with pride except faggotry and straight white women
>>
>>8565499
I think it's very naive to believe in soulmates.

You find someone compatible and then the two of you make the relationship work beyond that. No problem with fucking around with people while trying to find someone compatible. Love existence, you just gotta work for it, don't think it's some sort of fairy tale.
>>
>>8566710
The concept of soulmates ended with the boomers.
Now you're ideal relationship is murder suicide before the divorce
>>
>>8565578
So, you're running around like the prince, trying to find the dick that fits just right?
>>
>>8565656
While I personally think you're oversimplifying it, there's some merit to this. Research actually shows the most successful couples are where each person feels they're "getting" something from the relationship. It's not necessarily money, it can be experiences or skills or knowledge or connections. People love when their SO introduces them to new foods or ways of thinking, etc. So yeah, you basically want to be an interesting person that can provide something for another person. Money and looks certainly don't hurt.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.