[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you feel about gays who want to be religious? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Rejoice Mortals! .jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rejoice Mortals! .jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
So how do you feel about gays who want to be religious? Do you think they're stupid? Do you respect them? Do you get hostile towards them?Are you one of them?
>>
>>8558916
I don't find them any more crazy than regular religious people.
>>
>>8558916
I don't really give a shit
>>
>>8558916

I was religious before I knew I was gay, but when I realised I was left in a quandary

My background is in Eastern Orthodox Christianity, which is not accepting of gay men.

I'm 19 and still practise, attend church in my town and am 'closeted'

For now, I'm single and a virgin, I follow the logic that if God wants me to be with a guy then I will find him, if homos really are against his plan then I will be alone

idk if you think I'm weird, it's hard to reconcile these parts of my identity, glad to see you guys don't think we are all totally nuts
>>
>>8558916
[spoiler]I'm one of them.[spoiler]
>>
Don't care if a gay is religious.
However, the ultra prog gays or the ultra cons gays are a problem. Stupid ideological fucks.
>>
>>8558916
im kinda finding religion now, more accepting then i thought it would be.
>>
>>8558965
What's an ultra cons gay, to you ?
>>
>>8558916
Gay catholic.
I've read the Bible and I interpret my faith in my way. I don't agree with everything the church teaches but the teachings of Jesus are about love and acceptance.
You don't know much about religions because you'd understand that you can be gay and a Christian.
>>
>>8558985
Christian and Catholic are two very different things though...Also you can't be catholic if you interpret faith in your way. That's not what catholicism is about.
>>
>>8558979
someone who legitimately believes that there's nothing wrong in the world, that isolationism is good, and that there should be zero public programs nor a safety net for citizens.
>>
>>8558999
The Catholic Church was the first official Christian church, idiot.
Founded by St Peter in Rome.
Of course Catholics can interpret our faith in our own way. It just means the head of our Church is the pope, that's the only major difference. So be quiet.
>>
I'm quite the fedora, so I treat all religious belief with a degree of superciliousness.

There's a spectrum of acceptance across multiple faiths, but Islam is really the only one where there's a consensus on the subject.

Being a gay muslim is like being a cow in an abattoir.
>>
>>8558999
>Christian and Catholic are two very different things though...
not him but nigga wat? Catholics are literally Christians.
>Also you can't be catholic if you interpret faith in your way.
Tell that to the Pope.

as for the OP, I think faith and religion, by association, is extremely important to have for you to be a happy and healthy person. I strongly believe that part of why there is so much depression and nihilism and self-destructive overindulgence in our world today is due to people who have absolutely convinced themselves that there is no God, or that God has rejected them, and they seek to fill the hole that their lack of faith has left with material pursuits that slowly eat them alive. I don't care what you call it, believe in a power greater than yourself and submit to it. It will radically change your life for the better.
>>
>>8559024
Cuck
>>
File: IMG_2754.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2754.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>8558916
Dan makes my girl dick hard
>>
>>8559024
Jesus will send me to hell if I transition ;_;
>>
>>8559045
then... don't believe in Jesus? I was baptized Greek Orthodox and I think Jesus was an pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything but I've come to believe he wasn't God. just a really kickass Jew who preached peace and acceptance. fwiw if you truly believe Jesus is God, I think the way it goes is that you are forgiven and granted passage into heaven. he died so popping titty skittles and inverting your dick wouldn't send you to hell.
>>
>>8559058
I also sometimes think that wont send me to hell but Im just so scared it still will. Maybe he comes to the realization Im not sorry enough or I didnt have enough faith as I often stop believing or dont pray enough.
>>
I was raised a Christian and I've gone apostate to follow a darker path.
I'm bi and I make people think I'm extra-gay so they think they've learned the dark secret they sometimes suspect someone has.
Law 3: Conceal your intentions
>>
>>8559099
Anon. It sounds like you're punishing yourself for nothing. If you truly believe Jesus is your savior, then that's it. There's no prayer quota or requirement to appear in church or pay tithings; it's about you and your faith in God. God made you exactly what you are, and you're crazy to think He'd punish you for doing what makes you happy and what will help you love yourself totally and shamelessly. you aren't harming anyone, you aren't acting with malice. God loves you. as long as you believe in Him, that will never change.

hope that helps :)
>>
>>8559015
I'll let you believe that...
>>
>>8558916
I try to stay away from people who exaggerate their religion since I was christian before and know all about their rules and how they are to non believers. But it you somehow manage being religious and still gay/lesbian/bisexual/trans while you know their twisted stance on non straight people I got to applaud you.
>>
Went to a catholic school when younger and I never really believed that garbage. I wouldn't date anyone that takes their religion too seriously
>>
>>8559311
>Letting organized religion steer you away from God

Dmitri Mendeleev would sneer at you.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.