[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trannies: I want your opinion on my hypothesis. I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: john-paul-jones-600x400.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
john-paul-jones-600x400.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
Trannies: I want your opinion on my hypothesis.

I understand that at least some MtF persons have a female brain morphology. I suspect not all do, but that others go down the path of an MtF transition despite their own better judgement. Is it possible that for some people, especially the more ideologically charged ones, that it is a pathology induced by a very deep existential boredom? Boredom not merely of the finite immediate kind where you find yourself without anything to occupy your focus at the very moment, but a boredom at the basis level of someone's psyche that stems from a lack of purpose, or a lack of agency ( I imagine this to be a product of separation from the evolutionary environment ) which drives them utterly insane.
Boredom can be a very powerful force in warping the mind, you can see an extreme example in the shrinking of the brain in prisoners subjected to solitary confinement.
I have read that animals do not even masturbate unless they have spent a certain amount of time in captivity - perhaps the manifestly insane "wing" of the LGBT sector suffer from an even more serious case of the same pathology - as in, they are psychologically "masturbating" by constructing a hyper-sexualized identity.

I understand that what I wrote above will offend some people here but that is not what I want, I do not contend the above to be true of all or even most trans people. Just the ones who seem to me really insane in multiple ways.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read and think.

couldn't think of a relatedpic
>>
that's the most retarded shit i've ever heard. it's dysphoria that makes you wanna transition; which is a neurological, but not genetic, condition resulting from a hormonal fuck-up in the womb, where the brain decides to map the opposite sex from the body. (if an untransitioned tranny decided to reproduce, the resulting child would not inherit the dysphoria.)

transition is just to make the dysphoria fuck off. "existential boredom" is what trenders have. transition may make you infertile, but not always, and parts of it are irreversible. it isn't something you do cuz you're bored.
>>
>>8554730
It seems to me at the least possible that in some people dysphoria is a secondary feature of _some_ other more primary pathology.

For example, there is this old guy who now lives as a six year old girl. Not just as a woman but a little girl. I believe you most likely know who I am talking about. You think it is merely a dysphoria that motivates such a person?
>>
>>8554730
>Gender is a social construct and has nothing to do with biology
>unless you are trying to debunk someone elses theory "OMG look at the science"

Stop lying to yourself
>>
>>8554704
Youre on the right track. Its not as much boredom as much as it is antisocial behavior that leaves someone with a warped view of reality and people and acceptable behavior. It leads people to all sorts of incorrect assumptions about themselves and life because they identify with the little bits of information they do have. Thats the only way a sane person could believe that racism is okay or that men are inherently rapists or that the world is flat etc.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness
T. Mtf
>>
>>8554704
About the brain morphology thing, think of it less as "some people have cis brains, some people have trans brains" and more "a brain may be more or less susceptible to going trans at some point."

For some they're so susceptible they're trans early. For others they can live happily cis, but still have that liability. That's where something like psychological boredom or distress can come in and be the trigger for developing dysphoria/a wish to transition.
>>
>>8554704
>I have read that animals do not even masturbate unless they have spent a certain amount of time in captivity
I don't know where you read that but it is false

As for the rest, I dunno lol, I'm not trans and I think psychology is not really very scientific
>>
>>8554766
I wonder where such "antisocial" behaviour comes from though. I don't think out of a vacuum. The "snowflakes" with a capacity for offense hanging on a hair trigger seem to be raging at life.

>>8554767
I've never seen it framed in that way before. It makes sense. Thank you.

According to this perspective you could possibly argue that most people or possibly everyone could have some latent capacity to experience gender dysphoria given the right preceding conditions.

>>8554777
> it is false
You have proof?
>>
Although this may be unrelated, I think sometimes that my upbringing, being very restrictive and conservative, may have caused me to seek a way of life that completely contradicts it. I was curious about guys and some part of me thinks/ thought that it would just be naughty af if I could be a girl and have sex with them.
I'm not sure if that is the primary motivator for me transitioning, but some part of me think that being trans, to the degree that it may not have been necessarily onset from birth, could be a learned construction that the brain adopts because it finds life meaningless or needs a means of freedom by constriction.
>>
>>8554753
?????????????
>>
>>8554826
>According to this perspective you could possibly argue that most people or possibly everyone could have some latent capacity to experience gender dysphoria given the right preceding conditions.
That's up for debate. Maybe many people can in very extreme conditions like severe abuse, but for average conditions only a minority are likely to ever do.
>>
>>8554852
> being attracted to something because it would be naughty and you're not supposed to do it

I promise you, you have a female brain.
>>
>>8554704
>>>8554730
>>Gender is a social construct and has nothing to do with biology

when. when did i ever say that.
>>
>>8554872
That other guy is not me.
- OP
>>
>>8554826
>You have proof?
google it, nigger

this should be common sense anyway... you thinks dogs lick their dicks and wolves don't?
>>
>>8554884
I can believe it. My common sense does not extend towards facts about the natural world.
>>
File: Kongou_tea_time2.jpg (266KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kongou_tea_time2.jpg
266KB, 600x600px
>>8554704
i poked around with things like this at the tail-end of my repression days and couldn't find enough solid reasoning behind anything surrounding the etiology of transsexualism, just speculation and "muh 72 genders" emotional arguments

as far as brain things go this might be a good place to look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stria_terminalis#Bed_nucleus_of_the_stria_terminalis_.28BNST.29

i'm diagnosed adhd so at first i thought maybe transition was just another way to sate my endless appetite for novelty after i became more tolerant to stimulants

i still have no fucking idea
>>
>>8554903
Thanks for the link. Fascinating.

_I still have no fucking idea_

Ah well, I doubt my ability to hone in on an accurate theory should be worth much if you don't even know.

Ultimately I'm just wondering what separates those trannies that seem like decent people to me from the ones who disturb me.
>>
File: fiber.jpg (169KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fiber.jpg
169KB, 800x600px
>>
>>8554949
there are honestly so many pieces of the puzzle still waiting to be connected

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1460-9568.2009.06620.x/abstract
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19005873 (target receptor of guanfacine)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27459535
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28610473
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28642284
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26607253

this is gonna take a lot more research by somebody more rehearsed in receptor theory, pharmacology, and the endocrine system
>>
>>8554767
You're free to think whatever you want, of course, but your hypothesis isn't really supported by what evidence we do have.
>>
>>8554949
>Ultimately I'm just wondering what separates those ___that seem like decent people to me from the ones who disturb me
r u serious?
This is just people, not trannies, there are decent ones and shitty weirdos wherever you look.
>>
>>8554704
I think your hypothesis is possible and is likely the case in some. People will shock themselves willingly if given nothing to do.

Whether that kind of boredom exists in higher level thinking is yet to be seen however.

probably more fitting for traps than trans tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.