[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you born this way, or did you only become LGBT later on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1473621296549.jpg (80KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1473621296549.jpg
80KB, 560x560px
Were you born this way, or did you only become LGBT later on?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160627-i-am-gay-but-i-wasnt-born-this-way

>When I first said I chose to be gay, a queer American journalist challenged me to name the time and date of my choice. But this is an absurd way to look at desire. You might as well ask someone to name the exact moment they began liking Chaucer or disliking Hemingway. When did I begin to prefer lilies to roses? What time did the clock read at the exact moment I fell in love with my partner? All of our desires are continually being shaped throughout our lives, in the very specific contexts in which we discover and rehearse them.

>Thinking back to my college romances with women and men, I can begin to understand how my own experiences might have helped me to ‘cultivate’ my desire for homosexuality. I want to be very clear: I’m not claiming I simply began to ‘grow into’ my homosexuality, or that as I became more comfortable with being gay, I allowed myself the freedom to express what had always been latent within me. I’m claiming that at some point during college, my sexual and romantic desires became reoriented toward men. These desires suggested to me a queer identity, which I at first reluctantly accepted and then passionately embraced. This new identity in turn helped reinforce and grow new gay desires within me.
>>
>>8550307
I'm bi and Idk if I was born this way. Before I knew what sex was I was doing all kinds of experimenting with boys but as I got older I began to notice that boys like girls so I started to like girls. I would still experiment with boys up until I learned what being gay was and learned it was bad. Then after a couple years of only desiring girls I started to fall in love with my cousin and after a 3 year relationship with him I figured that I was bi but Idk when I started liking boys and it's especially difficult to know when I started to think about boys romantically because I didn't even know being gay/bi was an option
>>
This is just a whole lot of messy confessions. He's bi, end of story.
>>
>>8550307
Straight man here. I'm curious about this so I'm bumping this
>>
Or answer this: when did you find out you were gay/lesbian/trans?
>>
>>8550307
Who knows. All I know is when all my friend started becoming sexually attracted to girls, I started becoming sexually attracted to guys. I don't think it really matters. It certainly wasn't a choice though.
>>
I truly believe I was born a lesbian. It manifested itself when I started getting interested in girls at school, although I came from a Catholic family and dismissed these feelings as Satan's trickery. I even tried dating a couple guys. It was hard even making eye contact with them, let alone holding hands or getting any closer than that. When I got to high school I eventually found out what gay people were. Didn't put the pieces together until I moved out of that environment of repression.
>>
I'm a gay male. I was seriously attracted to women when I was in middle school (first love, etc), but as I grew up I turned out to be gay. I'm pretty sure I've been shaped mentally to be gay, not by seeing other gays or something like that, but maybe the absence of a father in early life. I've never heard of a story where people have been gay and realized it before middle school.
>>
>>8551100
Really? I knew I was straight when I was in elementary school.
>>
>>8551100
>I've never heard of a story where people have been gay and realized it before middle school.

>I've never heard of someone discovering their sexuality before when biologically humans develop sexuality
Color me surprised.
>>
>>8551124
Well yeah but did you have any romantic attraction then?
>>
>>8551130
I don't think elementary school crushes are driven by sexual preference.
>>
>>8551100
Most coming out stories I've heard people said they knew since a very young prepubescent age.
>>
>>8551100
I mean, I had crushes on girls in elementary school, and kept lists of the girls who I thought were cute. I didn't know what sex was, but I knew what it meant to "like" someone. So people can know their orientation very young.
>>
I had very intense crushes on girls in elementary school, although I didn't quite understand what they were and only really figured things out at about 13
>>
>>8551100
Maybe not full awareness but early signs are there. I don't even remember my kindergarten but kids do innocent kissing at that age. My mom says I'd push away boys and go kiss girls to the point the teachers were reporting this out of concern to her. Needless to say she wasn't shocked when I came out to her in college.
>>
Even if you were willing to accept the idea that sexuality was determined by some biological fatalism, you still make a choice to act and behave in a certain way i.e. to pursue women or men regardless of attraction sexually.
I know that being gay is a choice. But I never really wanted to be straight. I avoided, and still do avoid relationships with women. And I know that I could just be with them, but I've never wanted to. When I was younger, I never really cared for women. But I didn't much care for anyone, really.
I've never met a girl I cared enough about in my life to pursue her. I have dated men before, and have felt romantically and sexually attracted to them.
In high school, I started to question what I was or wasn't attracted to. I knew that I didn't like women much. I had never had any sexual or romantic experience, but I knew something was up. So after a while of stumbling around I decided to adopt a gay identity, even though I had never been with a man. It was what felt right, what felt the best.
Later on in my life I would date and have sexual experiences with men, but as far as when I made the choice to be a homosexual, it was around my Sophmore year of highschool. But it wasn't until college that I actually acted upon my sexuality.
It isn't a debate whether or not being gay is a choice. Of course it's a choice. You just choose whether to repress your latent desires in the same way people who have addictive personalities may choose to abstain from substances.
>>
Also I think that sexuality has a lot to with the hormones you get exposed to in the womb. A girl gets more testosterone she's more likely to be gay. A guy gets less, he's more likely to be gay.
>>
>>8551212
this depends on whether you define being gay as experiencing gay attraction or doing gay acts. I don't think, for example a straight man who fucks men for money but doesn't enjoy it, is gay.
>>
>>8551214
Gayness is an identity. Identities do not start in the womb, they start when you socialize yourself.
>>
>>8551224
is it an identity or is it the attraction you experience?
>>
>>8551223
To me, if someone tells me they are gay, then they are gay. Who and what they fuck is generally not something that I would even care about.
All you need to do to be gay is claim the identity.
>>
>>8551228
There is correlation between these two things. So if you find yourself attracted to men, you may claim the gay identity. Or maybe you will repress and be with women. Plus, there is a difference between finding people attractive and wanting to be with them sexually or otherwise.
>>
>>8551235
I disagree. Being gay is about attraction. Identity is fine, and we as a society should respect what people say they are, but there's definitely a "real" sexual orientation within someone's mind.
>>
>>8551275
But you would assume that someone who tells you that they are gay would be attracted to men. How would you know what someone is attracted to anyway? And how would you know how to differentiate what they are attracted to versus who they choose to pursue? This is why I just leave it up to the individual. I assume that they know what they want. Or that they will figure it out when it matters.
Basically, it sounds like you are trying to "prove" sexuality which seems silly to me. I will take someone's word as proof enough. And I also don't really care beyond that anyway.
>>
>>8551300
>Basically, it sounds like you are trying to "prove" sexuality which seems silly to me.
Then you have a hearing issue.
>>
>>8550307
I couldve been straight
I can be bi now
my mom made me gay
>>
>>8550307
I had the potential to be into guys from as long as I had a sexuality, but it only turned into actually being into them at like 25.
>>
>>8550307
Oh look a fucking biscum thinking because he's a confused mess that actual homo/heterosexuals are as confused as he is.
I am gay.
I like men.
I have always liked men.
The idea of sex with a woman is repulsive.
Most men are straight.
They have always been straight.
The idea of sex with a man is repulsive to them.

Can you bisexuals just fuck off somewhere and accept that most of us know what our sexual preferences are.
Ugh
>>
Tried to have sex with girls and physically couldn't.
Big sign. Lol.
>>
>>8552344
Can you talk more about this? Why did you only become more into guys at 25? Was it a choice you made or do you feel like it just happened?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.