[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mother is somehow both really progressive liberal and self-hating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 7

File: worlds best mom.png (359KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
worlds best mom.png
359KB, 700x700px
>mother is somehow both really progressive liberal and self-hating misogynist at the same time
>sometimes wonder if she is ftm
>come out as mtf to her
>says she already knew and was waiting for me to tell her but acts really angry about it anyway
>says she'll completely support me but only if I show that I'm serious about it
>as I transition she continues to get more passive aggressive, controlling, and rude
>constantly challenges my validity as trans if I don't act certain ways or do certain things
>went from angry to mean to outright cruel with how she talks to me but at the same time acts very supportive, buys my clothes uses my pronouns etc.
>will do things like act excited that my breasts are coming in and then later make a joke about me being like buffalo bill

What is the fucking deal
>>
>>8543171
"She" is training you to surpass Metal Gear.
>>
>>8543171
Is your mom my mom?
>>
>>8543171
she's caught between wanting to support you as her kid and knowing the fucking truth about degenerates like you. realizing you've failed as a parent is a hard pill to swallow.
>>
>>8543171
>self-hating misogynist
How so?

>constantly challenges my validity as trans if I don't act certain ways or do certain things
What ways/things?
>>
>>8543205
She has outright told me that women are weak and useless and that I'm willfully lowering myself.

She berates me for wearing too much makeup or not enough makeup and stuff like that. She'll say I'm not trying hard enough to look good and then later act like I'm a fetishist for doing what she wants.
>>
>>8543231
>women are weak and useless and that I'm willfully lowering myself.
wew

What do you reply to that?

>then later act like I'm a fetishist
How?
>>
>>8543171
>>8543231

This may surprise you but that is how the lives of so many women are. Females don't have male privileges. Moms are ruthless to their daughters routinely to prepare them.
>>
>>8543279
I don't argue with her because I want her to support me

>then later act like I'm a fetishist
Like say I'm trying too hard or that I'm dressing the way a man would dress a woman and not the way a woman would dress herself.

>>8543329
What am I being prepared for?
>>
>>8543375
>that I'm dressing the way a man would dress a woman and not the way a woman would dress herself.
Ask her, so what?
>>
>>8543382
But I only dressed that way in the first place because she complained that I was dressing like a grandma
>>
>>8543408
Just ask and see what she says.
>>
>>8543329
How else will op find a hubby?
>>
>>8543231
Is she bipolar or bpd by chance?

cause this behavior sounds like the furthest thing a sane individual would say to their child
>>
>>8543418
I don't really want to

>>8543438
If she told me she was bipolar I would totally believe it and I feel like she probably is. But she's always been a bitter person, I never had a dad and she used to work as a stripper and that basically made her hate everyone. Sometimes I wonder if she resents me for being born.
>>
>>8543329
Why do so many women think that way? Wtf?
>>
>>8543329
>Females don't have male privileges.
:^)
>>
>>8543375
Patriarchy
>>
>>8543329
How would ruthlessness prepare women for a life of free handouts, easy employment, better healthcare, less homelessness, and more college scholarships?
>>
>>8543463
Women know patriarchy exists. Rape is the woman's fault for how she is dressed for flirting.

Women must do most emotional labor.

Women must learn to submit.

Yeah it's bull shit but that is patriarchy and it exists.
>>
>>8543567
Lol try actually living as one
>>
>>8543568
This is my issue. She says that guys just see girls as sex objects but then gets upset at me for not dressing attractive enough. Why?
>>
>>8543567
This is just a dumb strawman of what being a woman is by someone who never was.
>being a man is so hard guise! feel sympathy for me, I'm the victim
>being a woman is easy mode lel
>>
>>8543586
She both resents you for giving up your male privilege and choosing to be inferior, but at the same time, wants to make sure you're actually committed to your choice, so that you're not "having your cake and eating it too".
>>
>>8543568
>Women know patriarchy exists.
Which on its own is enough reason to recognize suffrage was a mistake.
>>
>>8543592
They're all true statistics though
>>
>>8543592
>a dumb strawman
Because none of those things are true, in your head?
>>
>>8543567
Just because there are perks to being a woman doesn't mean there aren't bad things about it too.
>>
>>8543616
Because that isn't why mothers are ruthless to their daughters, and being a woman is not simply getting free handouts. That's a complete strawman. Women are the gatekeepers or reproduction and as such have their own set of burdens and privileges.
>>
>>8543626
But OP can't reproduce
>>
>>8543576
What I wouldn't give to do just that.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (7KB, 357x141px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
7KB, 357x141px
>>8543604
>true statistics
kek
>>
>>8543629
Trannies only get burdens, no privileges.
>>
>>8543626
>Because that isn't why mothers are ruthless to their daughters
I'm sure you have citations for your own alternative take on this then.
>>
>>8543596
What does she really want from me then?
>>
>>8543635
You post that yet somehow I bet you believe the gender wage gap myth.
>>
File: the-early-bird-gets-the-worm.jpg (25KB, 335x488px) Image search: [Google]
the-early-bird-gets-the-worm.jpg
25KB, 335x488px
>>8543657
>the gender wage gap myth
i only believe it because i work in human resources and i know how much everyone makes.

the fact is women aren't as aggressive about asking for raises and men are seen as producing more for the company and also more deserving of recompense because they have to support families, whereas most women are the secondary income for their family and they spend a lot of time on sick leave and pregnancy leave and vacation time and they often take the afternoon off to go shopping or have a long lunch with friends and so management, and rightly so i would argue, feels justified in paying them less.
>>
>>8543586
>>8543596
This
>>8543652

She is prob a bit resentful, and scared for you.

A lot of that duplicitous b.s. is routine for how girls are raised. To submit and take it on the chin. To suffer with a silent smile.

It isn't right, the only way she know how to treat a daughter is how her mother treated her. I bet you don't even get it as bad as she did.

Oh rules change. Submit. Your brother got drunk and stayed out boohoo. Oh you have to get better grades boo hoo submit. Don't forget to smile. You would be so pretty if you just smiled.

She is preparing you for a role.

Also tits or gtfo
>>
>>8543683
My mom says I'm not cheerful enough to fit in a lot.
>>
>>8543680
>i only believe it
Refer to >>8543635
>>
>>8543683
>Oh you have to get better grades boo hoo submit.
When has this ever been the rule and not the reverse?
>>
>>8543586
Does she make fun of you if you get a little pudgy too? Holy shit, my mom isn't even thin, but she was ruthless when I got some love handles over the winter. She kept pinching them and telling me to lose weight.
>>
>>8543699
Be prepared to hear how you need to smile a lot. Women are expected to nurture and cheer people up. Those who don't are labeled bitches>>8543718

The reason girls are attending university more is that they have always studies harder as a group. They are made to.
>>
>>8543732
>they have always studies harder as a group
[citation needed]
>>
>>8543683
I seriously doubt her mother treated her anything like the way she treats me. My mom is vulgar, she's raunchy, she doesn't pull her punches or censor herself at all. She explicitly says to not smile too much because she says that girls are sexier with a serious (but not angry) face. If I smile I'm being a people pleaser and I have to be the one people please. She blatantly treats socializing as a manipulation game.

>>8543720
She says I'm too skinny actually
>>
>>8543745
>She says I'm too skinny actually
Mine did that when I was rail thin, but it changed once I gained some.
>>
>>8543732
I think it's more that the trades are the main source of employment outside university and the trades are male-dominated and not particularly female-friendly.
Universities catered to this fact by creating hundreds of useless degrees which females flock to.

Doesn't have much to do with study ethics or anything. Engineering and sciences are still male dominated.
>>
>>8543735
GENDER INFLUENCES ON STUDY HABITS OF MATHEMATICS STUDENTS’
ACHIEVEMENT
GLADYS CHARLES-OGAN (Ph.D)
Department of Curriculum Studies and
Educational Technology
University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt, NIGERIA
ABSTRACT
This paper looked at the influence of Gender on the study Habits of students of mathematics.
It is established that female student tend to have better study habits than their male
counterparts. Therefore counseling strategies should be adopted to assist the male students to
improve on their study habits.
Keywords: Gender Influence, Study Habits, Mathematics, Achievement.
INTRODUCTION
Gender issues abound in all spheres of the society. The educational conditions of girl child
vis-a-vis the boy child constitute an important gender issue. The cultural and traditional
responsibilities of men and women are also different, hence the influence on the upbringing
of the female child and male child. The concept of gender role classification involves a
personality- trait –like categorization of a person and inequality of gender in some sex
denominated subjects like Mathematics.
Learning outcomes of Mathematics education have become a phenomenon of interest to all
and this account for the reason why scholars having been working hard to unraval factors that
militate against good academic performance (Aremu & Sokan,2002). At the outset of an
activity, students differ in learning as a function of their prior experiences, personal qualities
and social support. The latter includes the extent that parents and teachers encourage them to
learn, facilitate their access to resources necessary for learning, and teach them strategies that
enhance skill acquisition and refinement (Ewumi, 2012)
Poiani (2002) noted that raising students Mathematics abilities required enhancing
Mathematics performance by cultivating good study habits such as personal development
skills of the learners. Fleming (2003)
>>
>>8543680
right - but the problem is the women who do those things are seen as representative of all women, even the ones who don't do them, leading to the pay gap and workplace sexism
>>
>>8543745
Female socialization is manipulation. Girls are taught to submit. Be sexy, but smart. Food but not too good. It's crazy
>>
>>8543759
> hundreds of useless degrees which females flock to
> muh stem only
>>
>>8543732
I'm sure a female-oriented academic system that penalizes boys, a specific effort to get girls into university going as far as quotas, and less expectation of entering the workforce and earning a living immediately after school aren't factors.
>>
>>8543775
That's a really cynical view imo. All social interaction is manipulation of a kind, not just by females. It's true we're forced into narrow spaces between double standards, but I wouldn't call navigating those spaces manipulation.
>>
>>8543759
Nope

>>8543784
Nope

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/380318/
>>
>>8543766
>NIGERIA

seems legit
>>
>>8543732
You sound like a bitch.
>>
>>8543791
Yeah I am cynical. Patriarchy is real>>8543795

The studies all say the same stuff world wide
>>
>>8543784
> female oriented academic system that penalizes boys
[citation needed]
> quotas, less expectation to enter the workforce
This is why quotas exist/existed. Historically women have been pressured to NOT enter the workforce, but to settle down and find a husband.
>>
>>8543783
>> muh stem only
Ignore the type of degree, ask whether it's actually put to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science,_technology,_engineering,_and_mathematics#Women
>While 12% of women in bachelor programs will get a degree in STEM each year, only 3% go on to work within the STEM field.

This says it all.
>>
Why do threads have to turn into /pol/ arguements
>>
>>8543793
Nothing there contradicts the factors >>8543784 and if they actually don't contribute, then why have the quotas when they don't do anything?
>>
>women have it harder, patriarchy etc.
>men have it harder, patriarchy is a lie etc.

>wage gap is real
>wage gap is not real

You are not going to convince each other. Your minds are already made up. You are wasting your time.
>>
>>8543808
Because patriarchy is strong and good ole boys still look out for each other over more qualified women
>>
>>8543812
> patriarchy is a lie
seriously, all the people who think this should transition, then tell me what's a lie, cause it's sure not patriarchy and sexism

even if both sides are set in their ways, one can still be wrong

denying patriarchy is inherently patriarchal
>>
>>8543805
>everybody doesn't blindly parrot feminist false stats
>muh /pol/
>>
>>8543825
I'm sorry I don't prefer artifact riddled infographs over books :^)
>>
>>8543816
It always comes down to conspiratorial and at a glance unfalsifiable claims like this doesn't it? No matter how many times the plain facts do contradict it.

http://abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888
>>
>>8543825
My point is that the thread became pointless politics arguing when that wasn't what the thread was about
>>
>>8543830
Titles and page numbers please, for any of your claims that's actually proven in a book.
>>
>>8543844
>Titles
Am I AGP if I read that as Titties?
>>
>>8543860
Anon what do you want the answer to that to be?
>>
>>8543875
No?
>>
>>8543844
I haven't made any claims in this thread, I'm just saying.
>>
>>8543171
Holy shit this sounds exactly like my grandma. OP, are you my mom?
>>
>>8543329

Seconding this, my mother has been very harsh at times to my sister (less so me). I've heard it from other women that their mom kinda sucks sometimes.
>>
>>8543567

>better healthcare

You're a fucking liar.
>>
>>8544097
all around western world (and probably rest too) female specific cancer research gets more founding than male specific

and this is only one of examples
>>
>>8544169
Maybe because there is a bigger epidemic among breast cancer (which effects males too) and ovarian cancer than say, prostate cancer? Child birth is an awful thing. And women also have to deal with this thing called a menstrual cycle which eventually leads to menopause and osteoporosis.
>>
>>8544184
dude stop, prostate cancer is just as if not more deadly than breast cancer and even more people get it but the funding is so lopsided towards breast cancer it isn't even funny.
>>8544169
Truth is females are a "protected" gender in society...especially in the west. Getting cat called and getting stalked by creepy guys is nothing compared to the other things women benefit from lmao.

>Cheaper health insurance
> better chance to get into school
> more scholoarships
> less likely to be homeless (more gibs)
> less likely to kill themselves
> more likely to get a job
> in alot of statistics women are taking over all the managerial jobs not based on merit but based on gender based affirmative action

I wish people would stop being blind. As a mtf i have lived as both and being a woman is infinitely easier
>
>>
>>8544206
Where are your sources tho? This is one of the reasons i cant stand you trannies. Youre not a female. You havent lived as a female. If you actually believe being catcalled is all there is to demean a woman you really are just a crossdressing man who tries to be a girl because you thought it would be easier, nicer. And it has been because guess what - youre a tranny. Youre not a woman.
>>
>>8544206
> more breast cancer funding
blame Komen and their effective advertising, and the lack of an effective campaign for prostate cancer. how many people have heard of no-shave november, but don't know it's supposed to be for prostate cancer awareness? that's the most visible prostate cancer-specific event, and it doesn't even do anything.
>>
>>8544233
>i cant stand you trannies
yes, this sounds like what a non-bigoted person says.
>>
>>8544233
>Where are your sources tho?
Breast cancer: $90,376,000[1], affects 12% of women[2]
Prostate cancer: $40,227,752[1], affects 15% of men[3]

[1] https://www.cancer.org/research/currently-funded-cancer-research/grants-by-cancer-type.html
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_cancer#Epidemiology
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_cancer#Epidemiology

Yes, I know those are Wikipedia links. You can chase the references if you want to.
>>
File: smug anime face 14.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 14.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>8544233
>Youre not a female. You havent lived as a female.

> you can't pass as a mtf
i can't talk to you if you're going to be this fucking delusional.

When you pass there's no real difference except for vag shit. Oh i don't bleed every month. so? Some cis women can't either due to complications.

LOL please tell me some of your complications? YOU HAVEN'T SAID ONE FUCKING THING THIS THREAD.LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: sadpenguin.jpg (30KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
sadpenguin.jpg
30KB, 600x718px
>>8544233
But, I always looked up to women. Even with all the crap, I still have never wanted to be a man.
>>
>>8544331
lmao ignore her. she's just a stupiud fucking cunt. This whole thread she keeps bitching about how hard it is to be a woman...says catcalling is the EASY part BUT WON'T ACTUALLY GIVE ANY SUBSTANCE TO WHAT MAKES FEMALE LIFE HARD IN HER OPINION. IN REALITY SHE HAS NO OPINION...SHE'S JUST A DUMB CUNT
>>
>>8544344
But, I've heard way more than one woman say the same things...
>>
>>8544233
why do TERF like you even come here?
what do you hope to achieve?
>>
>>8544358
It's easy to figure out what TERFs want. They hate men and want trans women to renounce their identities, because they believe are the arbiters of femininity.
>>
>>8544358
I don't think it's accurate to call everyone who questions transsexuals, TERF's. There are lots of non-feminist, and conservative women who would tell you similar things to what she said. TERF is way overused, and really only represents a small fraction of those who are skeptical of trannies.
>>
>>8544369
My personal theory is that is that they are just afraid of competition, since most of them are cishons.

>>8544374
But that anon is a feminist. Who dislikes trannies. Which is textbook definition of TERF. But overall I agree.
>>
>>8544250
Youre perceived as a woman by strangers who dont loom to long at your oblong shape and adams apple. You dont live as a woman, didnt grow as a woman, and you dont have the biology of a woman. Despite your best efforts youre just as ugly a man before you put on the dress and spoke in falsetto.

>>8544344
>lol thats a dumb woman. Ignore what a woman says because us men know everything there is to being a woman. And its silk panties and free cancer treatment!

So really, trannies are just sexist men that took it to another level. Like, they want to hate on women but they decided being a woman would make their case better...yet theyre still just sexist men. But now theyre
>lol lemme tell u i kno becuz ive lived as both!!
...right.
>>
>>8544434
so you're only argument is that "you can't possibly pass" you're fucking retarded. the notion that no trans girl can pass as a woman is hilarious to me. Just because you don't pass as cis yourself doesn't mean you can't pass as a trans person.

your only argument is we can't pass is because you know if we do you have no fucking ground to stand on. YOU STILL HAVE YET TO EXPLAIN WHAT SPECIALLY MAKES LIVING AS A WOMEN HARD. YOU HAVE YET TO SAY ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP LMFAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKrzI7isl40

focus on this song, please just have a listen and soak this in
>>
>>8544358
Im a cis lesbian. I see guys talkin shit about how life is soooo ez as a woman. I thought it was just a regular guy spouting that - but its a guy who thinks hes a woman. Imagine seeing all the abuse dished out by men upon women, being told youre just not as smart, as strong, and when saying you want to do a certain job people pause to consider it. "Can a girl do that?" They ask me. "Girls cant do that." Its being touched by your male cousins. Its trying to pretend that wasnt what it was. Getting the courage to tell someone and being ignored because that doesnt fit their image of him. Its being bedridden every month, embarassed over your condition, vomiting and blacking out from the pain. Its being told youre not as smart, youre not this or that you should feel grateful a guy gives you any attention. And then here comes the tranny who is gleeful over his winged eyeliner and homeless shelter. Its ridiculous. And this guy

>>8544471
Wont shut up about "passing". Trannies are obsessed with "passing". Thats not what its about you shallow twit. Its not how well you can trick the guy on the subway or your mirror or the guy youre messaging over skype. Its about how youve had the world engraved in you, society, expectations, molded into you since infancy. Do you not realize the importance of childhood and adolescence? Its the years, prenatal even, that put you here. Not the fucking surgeries you bought.
>>
Dammit lgbt I just wanted to talk about my mom
>>
>>8544488
>Do you not realize the importance of childhood and adolescence? Its the years, prenatal even, that put you here. Not the fucking surgeries you bought.

True. :( Gonna go just be a hermit forever now where I'll never bother anyone.
>>
>>8544246
Whats the survival rate of these? 99% for prostate, 92% for ovarian (but only 15% of ovarian cancer is detected earlier enough).
>>
Your mom's pretty on course for a girl. Be glad you weren't born cis because you would have been sent to an all girl's school by her and have thirty proxy hers trying to shit in your soul every day for about eight hours before coming home to her. There is no winning.
e.g.
>wear make up
omg painted whore, not even well painted whore, did she do that in the dark, i bet she's trying to suck your boyfriend, she's such a slut plus she obvs knows nothing about fashion
>don't wear makeup
you look tired, is there some medical reason you look that way, like you're bulimic or something since you're not getting thinner so you can't be anorexic, or are you just a dyke and that's why you're anti makeup because you're going to perv on us in the bathroom?

there is literally no winning and any girl that is nice to you as a girl is laughing at you behind your back. (the exceptions are so few as to be completely negligible)
mean girls is only not a documentary movie because it has a happy ending. best learn to take other bitches down with equal or greater viciousness or become a hermit.
>>
>>8544488
>Im a cis lesbian
x doubt, since we are on 4chan, but on the other hand your total lack of empathy would indicate you are actually female.

If you unirnically think men are privilagded there's no helping you, but could you at least explain to me why are you so triggered by trannies?

It's not like they harm you in any way.

>>8544491
scrubsmeme.jpg
>>
>>8544206

>Cheaper health insurance

I'm pretty sure the cost of health insurance in its natural state before Obama care was higher for women than men. Yet I bet men pay more for car insurance and life insurance.
>>
>>8544536
So should I just go with whatever she says then? Is she just trying to give me the cis experience?
>>
>>8544488
Whenever an MtF says the world is easier living as a woman, I immediately assume she doesn't pass desu, and ppl see her as trans and take pity on her for it. The MtFs who know sexism is real because they've experienced it? Those are the real ones.
>>
>>8544569
you should accept that's normal grill behavior. you're going to have to develop some of that to get the full experience. i wouldn't recommend it, other women won't change, but you can at least avoid becoming one of them that way if you're willing to let the shit flow only one way. it'll still be soul crushing.
>>
>>8544569
I think the best thing is to have an honest conversation about the way she's treating you and how you feel. I agree with the earlier posts that she probably got it from her mother, and carries it forward because it's all she knows (maybe with a side of disgust/envy), but unless you hear it from her, you're never going to know why.

Keep in mind that "female socialization" is not necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>8544572
>pl see her as trans and take pity on her for it
what alternative reality do you live in and how can I get there
>>
>>8544575
>(maybe with a side of disgust/envy)
Disgust and envy that I'm trans?
>>
>>8544577
anon's right. trannies get treated like a gay best friend. start to pass as competition for men they could fuck and you'll get treated like another girl which is way worse than gay best friends/men get treated by girls.
>>
>>8544577
it's like when japanese people tell you you're good at japanese, baka gaijin
>>
>>8544580
see >>8543596
>>
Don't reply to terf trolls. If you reply to them, you are enabling them in their abuse, and supporting them.
>>
>>8544584
>>8544586
both of you are talking about how women threat trannies but anon I responded to was implying that men are nice to unpassing trannies but sexist to passing ones
>>
>>8544591
>ppl=men
no. plus the thread is about OP's mom. plus most men will treat you like they treat crazy girls, with more deference, politeness, and avoidance than they would a guy being a dick. some of the immature ones and dickhead ones might treat you like they treat fags/women (badly), but that's common is like pretending that the only women who hate other women are rare. most women are cunts to each other, just like most men will be as awkwardly polite to a tranny as they would be to their m8's psychogf.
>>
>>8544591
It's not "men acting sexist", it's the unconscious behaviors. Being talked over in conversations. Having your ideas ignored until a man brings them to the table. Getting the impression you're taking up too much space. That's being treated as a woman.
>>
>>8544589
I don't really think she resents me. She's never even tried to convince me not to transition, she's completely accepted it from the get go. It feels more like she's taking out her own hangups about being a girl on me, like I'm the outlet for it.
>>
>>8544603
but *the idea that's common

it's really not.
>>
>>8544607
you are an outlet for it, you're a girl. girls take that shit out on each other all the time. that's _why_ there're more anorexics and cutters in all girls schools.
>>
>>8544584
>>8544603
I'd take what anon's saying about women constantly being hostile with a grain of salt. my best friends are female and they're the most fulfilling relationships in my life right now. It's not universally true, only if you're friends with shitty people. (protip: avoid anyone who says they "hate drama".)
>>
>>8544610
this is what's called "internalized misogyny", and it's a bitch.
>>
>>8544614
they're not constantly hostile, but all girls have some level of that shit. you can go years before it comes out, but very very very few lack any of it, and they tend to be spergers. you're right on the "hate drama" thing. that just means they think the bitch deserved it and she's making drama for feeling like she didn't deserve that shit or repeating what happened.
>>
>>8544619
no, that's a cop out which assumes men put those functions there. men actually moderate those functions to an extent, which is why in mixed gender schools the rates are lower. more exposure to men, even misogynistic ones or teenaged boys, lessens the extremes of it.
>>
>>8544610
The kind of stuff she says/does seems a lot more extreme than what I imagine is normal
>>
>>8544675
do you have cis female friends you feel comfortable talking with about it? maybe they'd have similar experiences, or be able to understand where she's coming from to give you better advice?
>>
>>8544684
My cis female friends universally say "your mom is crazy"
>>
>>8544675
what you've described is within the range of normal. like, she could still be popular among girls and do all those things regularly. it seems crazy, but it's just the way the world works. i wouldn't take it personally, even though she is your mom. same if any other girl tries that shit on you.
>>
>>8544707
Is it normal for girls to hate themselves for being a girl?
>>
>>8544768
reasonably.
it would be more "normal" if she thought that all her problems were caused by men, that women were incapable of being immoral even when they're acting like a psycho (as much or more so than your mom. for instance, burning all your bfs clothes or smashing his xbox is usually considered to have been "probably provoked" rather than "criminal damage"), and to think that any woman who calls them on their shit just has "internalized misogyny".

it's not the most normal kind of crazy, so some of the girls who smash xboxes would consider her crazy if she said that was a shitty thing to do.

there's a whole bunch of crazy you can get away with as a female and still fall within normal. there's a lot more forgivable crazy for females.
>>
>>8544768
(Yes)
Self-esteem isn't a "thing", you can have high self esteem but poor self esteem specifically as a student, or as a parent, or as a man/woman, or as a friend. Role-specific self esteem is real
>>
>>8544768
it's pretty common

It's kinda why cis women get into gender nonconformity and sometimes ftm transition
>>
>>8544782
>>8544785
>>8544790
Well this is basically what I've learned from her

>women are all weak and worthless and all they can do is be pretty and make babies while relying on men for everything
>women who do better are man hating / man envying and squandering the only good benefits of being a girl
>even though men are better, they all suck too and they just see women as sex holes
>no one will ever take me seriously but people will worship me if I'm attractive so I should do everything to be that way
>it's important for me to be attractive and succeed in life before I get old and ugly and have nothing
>I have to be as stereotypical feminine as much as possible for her to take me seriously as a girl
>It doesn't matter if I don't think I can meet her unrealistic standard of beauty for me because I'm trans so that means I'm a hot commodity right now as long as I look "good enough"
>working is horrible so I should try to find a guy instead so I don't end up like her

How much of this is normal girl thinking
>>
>>8544818
that's not even psycho girl shit. have a compilation video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iW0Wgiy7Go
and she's not wrong, a lot of the world works that way and she didn't even tell you it'll be harder to hook a rich guy if you can't get pregnant.
>>
>>8544824
I don't really know what that video is trying to prove, I never said she was violent and there's violent guys who do dumb stuff too.

>and she's not wrong, a lot of the world works that way and she didn't even tell you it'll be harder to hook a rich guy if you can't get pregnant.
I've talked to her about that already. When she was a dancer she knew a trans girl who apparently made more than her, she just says to find someone who specifically wants a trans girl because there's a lot more of them than me.
>>
>>8544818
Well she sounds like a *lovely* person. Her thinking is cynical and incredibly dated and would be very misogynistic if a man said it.

Btw OP don't expect impartial feedback here
>>
>>8544833
the video's standard psycho girl crazy. (some are spoofs because it's such a meme of girl crazy)

she's right there's a lot of chasers who will pay serious bank for trannies, but that's still a technically right, not morally right. all that shit is baseline girl crazy, not violent or threatening to commit suicide girl crazy. the girls who smash ps4s don't even always make the grade for being called crazy (see: they were "provoked"). your mom could be a whole lot crazier especially having been a stripper. other women will also tell you crazy shit and nobody will have looked at them like they were crazy before because it's nearly expected of women.
>>
>>8544838
Well that's why I said she was a misogynist in my first post, it's pretty clear to me.

>don't expect impartial feedback here
Yeah I know. I'm hoping maybe someone can tell me something I don't know but if not I feel better just being able to vent and talk about it.

>>8544846
I acknowledge that my mom is not as crazy as she probably could be. I just want to know why she is simultaneously so supportive of my transition yet so controlling of it and if there's anything I can do about it.
>>
>>8544861
it's probably the best she can do. you can have a "mom can you cut the shit" talk but she'll probably only make small improvements, and it's not like many girls think better things about being a girl. most of the ones that do think more "progressive" things are tumblrcrazy, not more sane. tell her that shit fucks with you, and try to ignore it if it continues past pointing it out a few times. those things are pretty common for women (esp strippers etc) to learn about how the world works, so from her point of view she's probably just passing on knowledge, and it is handy to know a lot of women view the world that way even if they won't admit it (tumblrcrazy also views the world that way, they just think they're fighting it by being tumblrcrazy to replace it)

don't get so hung up on her world view (or other women's in general because there's a lot more like her and worse out there). most of the women i know who like to pretend they don't also have that baseline crazy when it comes to the clutch still act as though that baseline crazy is reality and so it generally is reality. you can still be female without that baseline crazy, it just makes you a rare female.
>>
>>8544861
She is probably very conflicted. She is your mom and she loves you. She wants to support you. She also wants you to succeed and she only has her own experiences to work from.

She was a a struggling sex worker. She understands the worst of what life expects of women. She simultaneously wants to help you navigate it and reject it.

She knew trans when it as even less easy to be trans. A trans sex worker even. I am sure she heard horrible things doesn't want that for you.

All you can do is try to communicate and try to understand each other.
>>
>>8544818
>normal girl thinking
Anon, any attitude that makes negative value judgments about people is unhealthy by definition
She probably got those views from a parent or grandparent of hers. Ask her if you feel like that's safe, but I know people like this and that's why
She's not "crazy" at all, I think it's better to understand these things as fears and doubts than as "hate", fears are always legitimate.

>>8544607
>It feels more like she's taking out her own hangups about being a girl on me, like I'm the outlet for it.
This is it.
>>
>>8544818
Sound like she is trying to project her insecurities onto you.
>>
>>8544818
So, I got into lgbt by mistake, wanted to go on fit
This is one of my first times here, and I've found myself reading this thread by pure curiosity

If you want an actual impartial advice, as much as a white male with a lot of empathy can give you that...

>Your mother is a really bitter person, she seems to have gotten the worst in life, took the wrong decisions and learn the worst lessons from them, ignoring a lot of things about the human nature, role specific or not
>Because of this, I wouldnt trust most of the advice she gives you, if you dont wanna end like her

I dont know how this will be treated here, or if you'll ignore it all, but If you want advice:
Be a man, a woman or any xtox that exists, if you are sane, you deserve and MUST treat yourself as a human person. Let that sink for a bit
You need to be a person able to live a happy life and take the correct decisions, and you are the most responsable being for it, some would even say you are the only one that can.

If you are feeling confused by your transitioning, and the treatment of your mother bothers you even more for it, just talk to her about it

Go to her and say. ''I dont like your passive agressivity shit, you are making me feel bad for no reason, and you are being neurotic and irrational

Either she snaps and realizes what she's done, she probably won't, or she'll get defensive and deny it

She denies it? no problem. Start treating her as she treates you, and when she realizes what a bitch you are, tell her that's the way she's behaving to you. Then, if she's not a completely broken woman, she'll snap, and you get a new relationship with her

Can't talk to her? You are scared. Sounds bad, but what I said before, you need to be able to take decisions, adquire self-esteem.

I started strong but got rambling at the end. The essence of this post is that if you are sane and not a crazy person
>I myself am doubting about the reality of trans people
You can be happy, and you must fight for it
>>
File: smug anime face 12.jpg (46KB, 686x582px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 12.jpg
46KB, 686x582px
If you pass as a mtf you see both sides and are really the only one with perspective desu.

I guess a passing ftm would also have the perspective but i always find it funny these one dimensional turbo cunts also known as cis lesbians are always the ones shutting down all forms of reasonable conversation and just start spewing ad hominem.

Almost none of them could give one example of how it's hard to be a women, couldn't give ONE EXAMPLE. Instead went the opposite route and tried to argue how it's impossible for a mtf to pass as a woman so we'd never understand.

Why are cis lebsians so fucking unbearable? I mean seriously of everyone in the lbgt community the cis lesbians are hands down the most mentally taxing people to communicate with.
>>
Allow me to offer some insight on female socialization as a ftm.

>All of your family members expect you to settle down and pop out babies. If you don't want this you're "confused" or will "change your mind later".
>Some of the men in the family will even straight up get insulted by your childless choice and yell & argue with you about it, because it's more important that they get a grandchild than you having agency over your own body.
>I you wear too much make up you're ugly, if you wear too little make up you're ugly
>Even the strongest woman will be weaker than the strongest man, that's just biology
>People will tell you..if you're pretty, you must be a fucking retard. "Only ugly girls are smart."
>everything you say is questioned. There is no final "No" from a woman. If a woman says "no" she will be questioned and guilted into saying "yes". If a man says "no", people listen to him.
>You're expected to be very kind, nurturing and sugary sweet even if someone treats you like shit. It's more important to lie and pretend everything is fine than to actually be honest & straightforward.
>If you enjoy sex you're a slut. If you don't have sex you're a prude.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but these are things I was taught growing up.
>>
>>8543766
>NIGERIA
Stopped reading there
>>
>>8545159
> if you are sane, you deserve and MUST treat yourself as a human person. Let that sink for a bit
> implying trannies sane or human
>>
Can't we all just agree that there are certain aspects of both genders that make life easier and harder than the other? Trying to put this issue into black-and-white "this gender lives sooo much easier than that gender" terms just doesn't work in something as infinitely complex as human society.
>>
>>8543171
That's my mom lol ahahaha
>>
>>8543329
>Females don't have male privileges
Shut the fuck up you stupid cunt. Male privileges are almost entirely biological. I have the privilege of being stronger, smarter, more emotionally stable, having better hair, and aging better than you.
Socially, females have more privileges. This is a demonstrable fact. Women are both more socially and economically secure. You don't have to look for a mate, a mate comes to you. A bystander will always protect or assist you when you are in trouble. Our very justice system unfairly gives you easier treatment. Institutions value more because they feel "bad" for you. Workplaces and colleges are more likely to take you in. Scholarships are more likely to come to you. The entire fucking public education system is catered to you and your way of thinking/docile and complacent temperament, which is why it's so shit.
In society's eyes, you are biologically weak and therefore must be protected and taken care of.
Frankly, idgaf, but your life is NOT harder by default for being a woman. I'll gladly take all the social disadvantages that come with being a man because the biological perks are so fucking sweet, and I'm not a bitch.

>>8543592
Save for a few MRAs, men aren't asking for sympathy, you feminists are the ones constantly asking for sympathy.
Pointing out that our lives are generally harder than yours in order to stop your incessant bitching and moaning is not asking for sympathy, it's telling you to shut up.
>>
>>8543732
>The reason girls are attending university more is that they have always studies harder as a group.
Do you even go to a university?
I'm in a STEM major, electrical engineering specifically, which is the hardest engineering major in my college. STEM in general is harder than most other majors.
The student body of my classes consist of dozens of men, and between 0 and 2 women, despite the fact that my department begs women to join, and even offers them exclusive scholarship opportunities.
Do you know what majors are extremely easy? Psychology, humanities, gender studies, sociology, and any of the liberal arts.
Psychology, which is essentially the special-ed of college courses because of how goddamn easy it is, consists ALMOST ENTIRELY of women. You can expect to see dozens of girls, and 0 to 2 guys taking it.
You guys don't study harder and you don't need to anyway, because colleges lower their fucking standards for you to being with!
>>
>>8545535
>I'm so retarded I actually think that women are 'economically secure'. Please kill me.
>>
>>8543732
Men are taught the exact same shit though. Dont cry son, where are your grades, what are you a girl? Women are allowed to be emotional. This is the human condition, people make it gendered when it isnt, and are then surprised for some reason when they transition and life is still fucking shit.

t. mtf
>>
>>8545609
You're gonna have a hard time arguing that they're not more economically secure than men in general given how men have significantly higher rates of both unemployment and homelessness. Women are protected by society. Even after feminism did it's thing and supposedly made us all equal, the only thing that really happened was that women got all the perks of being a man but without giving up any of the safety nets that are only in place for women.

The unfortunate thing is that most women aren't even aware of this. That's why third wave feminism is a thing. It's a combination of ignorance and the extreme entitlement that it spawns.
>>
Stop taking the bait every single fucking time, retards.
>>
>>8543329
>Moms are ruthless to their daughters routinely to prepare them.

Sounds kinda shit desu. It just sounds like beating someone up over and over to try and 'prepare' them to fight instead of teaching them how to fight. So is she just preparing her to be submissive with no self confidence?
>>
>>8545576
>and even offers them exclusive scholarship opportunities.
Why not just identify as a trans women to get the free money?
>>
>>8545824
Submissive women with no self confidence don't just pop out of thin air
She probably doesn't even know what she's doing
>>
>>8543231
>women are weak and useless and that I'm willfully lowering myself

that's not true!
women make children!
>>
>>8545776
My emotional state is very greatly improved and continues too.
>>
>>8545829
Good question.
>>
>>8545829
Try getting a fake diagnosis.
>>
>>8543171
Relevant >>8549784
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.