[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know on /lgbt/ it's basically heresy to take your sexuality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 564654.png (176KB, 388x280px) Image search: [Google]
564654.png
176KB, 388x280px
I know on /lgbt/ it's basically heresy to take your sexuality out of the bedroom, but does anyone here have experience working/volunteering for LGBT organizations?

I'm gonna be a teacher assistant at a high school next year and it makes me eligible to be the gay-straight alliance supervisor there too.
>>
>>8539430
many are very SJW, so be careful of that. some will excommunicate you if you stray from SJW talking points. other than that, I think LGBT orgs for youth are necessary, you can help young men and women who are struggling to accept themselves :)
>>
File: hrc.jpg (1MB, 3259x2059px) Image search: [Google]
hrc.jpg
1MB, 3259x2059px
>>8539430
Yes, since the 90s. HRC is one of many organizations I've done work and contributed to annually for 17 years now.
I rarely talk about it on this board and I'm off to bed soon. But volunteering for LGBT rights is a good experience, a great way to meet other LGBT and there is still so many things left to do.
It's been 20+ years since I did any youth community work and I think it's changed a lot since those days so I can't give you details on your specific position. I'd say learn what you can from predecessors as well as various resources available online. In general for a position where you are directing youth, keeping an open mind and listening are key.
>>
>>8539461
Thanks. The GSA as I understand is a nationwide standardized "chain" of high school clubs that are taking over the grassroots ones. A group of students pitched the idea and basically I would just be there to moderate. I'm not sure how much authority I'd have since that won't get finalized until August. Like I don't know if I'm allowed to teach them stuff like Stonewall/gay lib
>>
File: US stats 2016.jpg (152KB, 1585x934px) Image search: [Google]
US stats 2016.jpg
152KB, 1585x934px
And if you're American, OP, here's some useful youth stats for awareness:
http://www.hrc.org/youth-report/view-and-share-statistics
>>
>>8539481
Oops that wasn't the picture I had intended to post. The link is relevant though.
>>
>>8539430
join your local communist party
>>
>>8539478
https://gsanetwork.org? Youth issues isn't my area of expertise these days, I focus more on politics and legal issues.
These kinds of organizations though typically have very clear guidelines on staff roles and responsibilities. It should either be somewhere in their documentation or clarified through their points-of-contact.
>>
I've only been to my college's LGBT(+) resource center twice, might not go that often due to their acceptance of the "Q+". But I might walk to them once and a while for advice regarding transitioning.

I may as well be going there in Boymode too because of how many normies sit around in the commons hall.
>>
File: HRC Youth Stats 1.jpg (228KB, 1453x915px) Image search: [Google]
HRC Youth Stats 1.jpg
228KB, 1453x915px
>>8539481
Here's the image I meant to post. Also direct link to PDF:
http://assets.hrc.org//files/assets/resources/NCOD-Youth-Report.pdf?_ga=2.132407438.1684210497.1499223115-1643054039.1496072701

It's a worthwhile read to understand LGBT youth in America. I'm off to bed, good luck with your volunteering, OP.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.