[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is drug abuse so widespread among trans (white ones, especially)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: mBhcqXn.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mBhcqXn.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
Why is drug abuse so widespread among trans (white ones, especially)? Its not even just like weed even, most trannies I've been with have had actual problems with dangerous shit like oxy or heroin or whatever. Besides le dysphoria dank maymay, what could be the cause of this issue?
>>
>>8524945
Not caring about life and wanting to feel ok even if its for a short time
>>
File: IMG_20170701_130335.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_130335.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Its fun to do. My drugs are just toys
>>
Easing the pain ain't easy yo.
>>
>>8524945

gays congregate in the city, it has roots in sub culture/counter-culture, seedy backstreets.

Liberating lifestyle, free from normal standards, you live for yourself. So you hit up gay bars constantly, fuck all around you and get high as fuck all the time. Libertine lifestyle
>>
>>8524945
They aren't soothing their dysphoria, only their underlying emotional problems. The corrupt psychology industry tricks them by giving them biased diagnoses and getting them dependent on pills that only allow them to cope rather than be cured, if even that.
It tricks people into thinking there are no real solutions for their pain, so they turn to drugs thinking it's their only option.
>>
>>8525150

it's easy to just blame the pharma-corps, but the reality is that brain dysfunctions are incredibly difficult to treat.

Since there is no cure most of the time, the best they can do is alleviate the symptoms
>>
Because doing potentially lethal amounts of my prescription painkillers is honestly the only thing that gets me off any more
>>
>>8525192
I never blamed pharma companies, but worthless psychiatrists and psychologists.
You can blame them for brainwashing everyone into believing there is no cure.
>>
>>8525508

there isn't a cure
>>
>>8526044
For?
>>
Trans are mentally will, it is only natural to take drugs.
>>
>>8524945
What is the picture? It looks like a deer?
>>
>>8526081

whatever it is you're blaming on psychiatrists.
>>
>>8524945

The common thread is mental illness. Every single MtF tranny Iv'e seen had had a huge alphabet of mental health problems.
>>
All these replies seem to be blaming pharmaceuticals and psychiatrists and all that, I'm talking about just recreational drug use, without any apparent motivation.

>>8526092
>he doesn't know
>>
>>8524945
being high as fuck on pain killers brings makes being alive ok
>>
I grow my own weed and smon;k erryday, but I bang coke on the reg and stuff too.

never occurred to me it was a pattern.

also on hecka antideps and shit.
>>
File: winona-diner.jpg (271KB, 737x1024px) Image search: [Google]
winona-diner.jpg
271KB, 737x1024px
>>8524945
Dude I'm so stoned right now hjahaa
>>
>>8524945
Besides dysphoria, there's depression, social alienation caused from stigma, poor socioeconomic conditions brought on from a combination of dysphoria stigma and familial rejection and hedonistic queer culture which, in itself, is a backlash against the oppression they have to deal with. Basically, there's a really vicious feedback loop going on that makes them more prone to mental illness and drug abuse. Social stigma feeds into dysphoria, dysphoria feeds into mental health problems, mental health problems feed into drug abuse.

If we're going to go by the research and Blanchard's typology, which most people here buy into, social stigma and harsh gender roles are what feed into dysphoria and the manifestation of autogynephilia. That's why in countries with harsher gender roles and more rampant homophobia there are more HSTS trans women and all the AGP ones either just kill themselves, repress or live double lives in secret because society is way too harsh for them to be themselves.

Basically, it's a symptom of a bad society making victims of queer minorities.

>inb4 hurdur go back to tumblr
>>
>>8527710
>If we're going to go by the research and Blanchard's typology, which most people here buy into
That's wrong though, it's just loud minority.
>>
I <3 meth
>>
>>8527710
>social stigma and harsh gender roles are what feed into dysphoria and the manifestation of autogynephilia
How does this work?
>>
>>8527710
>If we're going to go by the research and Blanchard's typology, which caraposter and her little fanclub here buy into,
ftfy
>>
>>8529900
>one is less than three meth
what does this even mean?
>>
File: 1498669513732.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
1498669513732.gif
964KB, 397x658px
I spent nearly $300 on cocaine this weekend. Money I was saving for laser and I feel horrible.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.