[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll - MtFs: If your body was to be turned into a female one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: dysph.jpg (85KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
dysph.jpg
85KB, 1000x1414px
Okay, basically a bit more explanation:

Imagine that there was some new medical advancement that could give you a cis female body, and you had been selected to undergo this procedure in a couple of months.

Would the expectation that you're soon going to get better remove most or all of your dysphoria even before you've undergone the procedure?

For example, one dysphoric feeling would be "I'll never be a girl" (pic related), which doesn't really make sense in this scenario, since everything would be mostly okay soon.

So, does your dysphoria mostly come from things that would go away if you expected to soon have it resolved, or would it only go away after truly having resolved the dysphoria?

POLL HERE FOR MTFs: http://www.strawpoll.me/13308549
>>
>>8512014
I'd still be dysphoric because that stems from my male body, but I'd feel
great knowing it'd be dealt with soon. It'd be like the last couple months of school before summer break.
>>
>>8512027
the purpose of hrt is not to pass.
it is to calm the chemical imbalance that is causing your dysphoria.
and to grow tits that will keep you company when the world goes "ewww" and turns their back on you.
>>
>>8512014
hi while it is different Im going to my consultation for ffs in a couple months. I know things will be better after that but I dont stop having dysphoira and I doubt i will untill im postop.
If their was a miracle cure to turn my whole body cis though im sure I would still hate my body but I wouldnt complain about it and I would be a lot more happy knowing it would be better soon.
>>
Dysphoria would probably go for a few days, more due to the honeymoon period of knowing that procedure would happen, i still would avoid looking at a mirror or my own body, but for a few days my femininity would be more secure.
>>
>>8512041
You have a citation for that? Pretty sure the exact mechanism of gender dysphoria isn't known, at least i couldn't find it online
>>
>>8512014
I would feel extremely anxious until the procedure was complete. I would constantly worry about something preventing me from obtaining the treatment or it not working.
>>
>>8512014
Its kinda the same as starting hrt/surgery. Im at 4 years transitioning now and and i feel way less dysphoric, but knowing that i was starting hrt back then and it would get better didnt remove my dysphoria. I was even overly optimistic about the effects of hrt
>>
>>8512014
I'd still feel dysphoria as long as my body didn't look the way I want, but knowing I could get it how I want soon would certainly be a relief.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.