[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm in Mexico visiting family this summer and my cou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

So I'm in Mexico visiting family this summer and my cousin and I went to go watch a movie at Cinepolis.

A trailer came on for that interested me. From what I could tell it seems to be about a guy finding out his friend is gay and trying to convert him.

Now what really surprised me was that Mexico is hardcore Catholic and very conservative. So seeing a movie here pushing the idea of gay tolerance and anti-conversion is kinda neat. Although no doubt there's going to be stereotypes and jokes at the expense of gay people, this is still pretty cool.

What do you think?
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxgtPIUuGg
>>
>>8505091
Latin america as a whole has been moving pretty fast on gay/trans acceptance honestly especially when you account for their religiosity
>>
>>8505091
Heh, looks funny.
>>
>>8505091
>Now what really surprised me was that Mexico is hardcore Catholic and very conservative.
Lol you're fucking idiotic. Maybe you should learn a little about the place before spreading your fucking bullshit everywhere, stupid chi.
>>
>>8507755
Relax.
>>
>>8507755
It's true though
>>
File: 1496597644796.png (139KB, 500x500px)
1496597644796.png
139KB, 500x500px
>>8507755
B-but anon, it's true.
>>
>>8508924
Gay marriage is legal in Mexico City.
There are many gay films made by Mexicans and have been for more than 30 years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mexico+gai+pelicula
>>
>>8508950
While it's true that gay characters are common in Mexican fiction they usually exist just for comedic effect, in other words they're just characters to be made fun of.
And while this might seem like something positive or neutral (in the perspective of comedy as a step forward for social acceptance) believe me, it's not, it pushes a lot of confusing stereotypes about gay people, for example; it's still common to hear that if a boy acts girly then he is gay, and that if a man/woman cross dresses he/she is gay.

And now that we're on the subject there's 0 acknowledgement about trans people in Mexican Society hell, people usually think that a trans woman is just a "marica con vestido", (dunno if you speak Spanish, but that means "faggot with a dress") in other words; they think that cross dress and transition are just things gay people usually do, while in America people miss gender trannies just for the sake of being offensive, in Mexico they do it just because they don't know trans people even exist.
>>
>>8509289
This is a good recent movie where the main character is gay but not the object of comedy.
>>
>>8505091
No one care, Beaner.
>>
>>8509569
sudaca detected
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.