[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is well known that CIS straight female games naturally gravitate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 25

File: MOBA.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MOBA.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
It is well known that CIS straight female games naturally gravitate towards healers in video games.

Their prefered method of playing is one where they provide the most benefit while being the most removed from combat and the most protected. Ideally indirect benefit such as healing/buffing rather than damage/debuffing. Even if they play a damage oriented character they will pick someone with safe range or stealth to be as removed from the fight as possible.

I think psychology expressed through game choices is fun.

State your condition (orientation, gender, etc) and what you like to play in team based games.

CIS Bisexual Male (mostly gay though). I tend to like roles where I can 'protect' people by what I do to the enemy. So I like the idea of being able to crowd control the enemy, debuff them, or use positioning to keep them away. To protect people by interacting with the enemy instead of throwing up heals/shields. I like there being an element of risk to it, either by being a tank or a caster that has few defensive outs.

In Mobas there were very few moments as exciting to me as stopping an enemy assassin from eating our carry with a well timed stun.
>>
CIS bi male, lean straight. I play Heroes of the Storm and love having as many minions as possible. Skeletons, demons, whatever. I want to make them. I want an army of skeletons.
>>
Bi mtf
I always prefer to play mages/casters
>>
File: tumblr_nwk7onK8RE1ueq4n7o1_1280.jpg (350KB, 1024x1518px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwk7onK8RE1ueq4n7o1_1280.jpg
350KB, 1024x1518px
>>8504242
Femboy, Dark Souls and like using heralds geared for maximum backstabbing damage and criticals. And minor support of course, but backstabbing mostly.
>>
File: 8954.jpg (109KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
8954.jpg
109KB, 1706x960px
girl heterosexual
i always played a range role.
I've been more of a fps gamer and always would use either sniper class or med class in games like medal of Honor or battle field

pic related, actual screenshot from one of my gameplays
>>
>>8504242
Mtf bi
I literally play whatever I win with the most if I win the most playing tanks I will play tanks if I win the most playing healers I will play healers
As far as league goes I main top and support I usually play akali fiora irelia or camillie top when I play support I play zyra janna or soraka
>>
>>8504265
You need to say your orientation too. Although the fact you forgot it implies 'gay'.
>>
>>8504268
>girl heterosexual
>on /lgbt/
>>
>>8504242
mtf straight
I play defense heroes in overwatch and everyone hates me for it
I play tanks when I dont feel like getting yelled at by nasally 11 year olds and 30 year old manchildren
>>
>>8504242
Im a straight trans girl.

Nearly all the time I pick supports and healers in any game I play. While I do enjoy supporting and healing the most out of any role I think something that effects it is that I play with my bf and all of his friends so im the only girl and none of them like to heal or support.

In mmo's I will always pick a healer, its my second favorite to playing a tank but I generally get too stressed out and panicky leading as a tank anyways.
I played a scholar in ffxiv and a healing druid in wow.

In mobas i tend to pick tanky supports that can heal because they are the most forgiving while also letting me heal my friends :)
My favorite supports are taric in league, and treant in dota. Treant is my favorite because he can stealth a lot, protect all of my teammates with his big spell, and he has two healing spells and one of them can target anywhere on the map. Also he has an upgrade were you get to put vision trees on the map and thats always fun.

In any game i play with my bf I always want him to be the most powerful, i always give him the most gold so he can be strong and have the best gear.

I dont like playing casters as they tend to die really easy and im not that good at protecting myself and being like aware of enemies. But the casters are normally cute and the tanky supports are normaly guys or not very cute.

I think if i could have a perfect character/class to play as it would probably be a cute little paladin that focuses on healing and helping and is hard to kill.
>>
>>8504275
That was the implication.
>>
>>8504242
straight girl
The only moba I play is LoL. Last season I played support all the time, like sona and soraka and some shyvana jungle too.

Now I like dealing damage! So I main mid lane and play a lot of anivia and vladimir with some janna support on the side. Anivia and janna are my favourite champs probably.
>>
>>8504285
Obviously not cis ya dummy.
>>
Asexual woman. Dps. Cute boyfriend is my healer.
>>
>>8504242
I'm pretty sure I'm a gay male and I've usually always only played healer roles. Love being a healslut :3
>>
cis bi male

I pretty much only play Melee. DPS, Tanks, Bruisers, whatever as long as it's melee.
>>
File: gravity lewds.png (1MB, 642x640px) Image search: [Google]
gravity lewds.png
1MB, 642x640px
>>8504242
Bi MtF.

I play offTank, tank or pure DPS
>>
Cis lesbian, melee DPS in mmos and snipers/assault rifles in shooters.
>>
Bi male
I'm only good at playing tanks but I also like snipers.
>>
I'm mtf and I always play assassins or sharpshooters in every multiplayer game
>>
File: carlie.jpg (359KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
carlie.jpg
359KB, 1024x1024px
Try to come explain the psychology of why you think you like certain things. Like the OP and this post do.

>>8504295
>>
>>8504295
Reminder that if you're agp you're not straight even if you only have relationships with boys, because you still get aroused by your femininity.
>>
Gay M
Sniper/Def, or if in need of a healer a battle-healer.

When everything goes great no one knows of your existence. When you fuck up, you get gangbanged by the teams thick cocks.
>>
>>8504355
I just like feeling like I have control over the game
One of the reasons I hate league is because I feel like I have zero control over the game unless I'm extremely fed
I'm also just bad at games in general so I don't like games that rely on how mechanically gifted you are with a mouse
Overall I prefer single player strategy games/sims over mobas and fpses
I am this person >>8504289 btw
>>
File: Capture.jpg (76KB, 830x804px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
76KB, 830x804px
bi mtf I always choose whatever will do the most damage or feels fun to play. so for league its champions like yasuo, riven, lux, or adc's

On Gw2 I play a mesmer and an elementalist but I put more work into my mesmer as I really like the look of her. anyone else play fashionwars?
>>
File: 1480389566890.jpg (143KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480389566890.jpg
143KB, 707x1000px
Cis lesbian.
Gosh, I miss old taric and gangplank. Taric's old point-and-click stun was awesome.
>build attack speed/damage
>stun
>ult
>smack the enemy a few times
New taric is okay, but still.

Anyways, I prefer to play top in LoL. Gravitate towards fighter/tanks. If I don't get my top role, then support with tank champs like taric, sion, leona, or braum.
>>
File: 87478-87-.png (63KB, 404x1050px) Image search: [Google]
87478-87-.png
63KB, 404x1050px
>>8504360
heres your (you)
((im not agp btw ^w^))
>>8504295
im this poster and here is what my perfect game character would be like that i want to play in any game.
>>
File: 17.01.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
17.01.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>8504443
I do! I have one of each class except a guardian. Taking a break until next expansion though~ To vabbi~
>>
>>8504377
Stop it!

>>8504479
Oh come on anon, the way you talk about your bf is meta-androphile as fuck!
>>
>>8504242
Straight MtF.

I always play healers first, support/secondary DPS (ranged) second. I tried tanking and was supposedly ok at it for mod to mod high levels, but I get so shaky and nervous trying to lead the groups that I was giving myself panic attacks. I've played WoW (resto druid raid healer, shammy raid healer, both disc and holy priest healers, and a warlock and a hunter because pets), Rift (Chloromancer), Tera (priest, mystic), FFXIV (scholar), DDO and Neverwinter (clerics both), and Age of Conan (PoM).

In MOBA games (I don't like these but my bf does) I play HotS, mainly Malfurion, Brightwing, and Sgt. Morales. I do like Murky in that game though, although I'm not sure why.

I don't like being in the spotlight, but I do like to be needed. And when I can save people from otherwise certain death, I usually get a little compliment (including, yes, the treasured Good Girl). When my bf plays he plays tank, and that makes it doubly fun. I also collapse when any highly dominant tank comes along in PUG's, I'll try to run with them as much as I can.
>>
>>8504495
do you even know what agp means lmao
if your going to spout trash just say im an hsts
im not aroused by my looking at my body
>>
>>8504526
>im not aroused by my looking at my body
You probably need to treat yourself. Pretty yourself up, wear something really sexy, get your bf in on it to make you feel as adorable as you can be!
>>
>>8504242
cis bisexual male
I like support and defense and also like things that annoy enemies but i dont like characters like the engineer from tf2
>>
mtf straight
I'm pretty bad at video games and all of the people I play with are way better so I usually try to play a supportive role to make them better idk it kinda feels like i'm just playing into a sterotype but I don't really know what to do in really action packed scenarios.
>>
>>8504572
>and also like things that annoy enemies

Fellow CIS bisexual male. Me too! Maybe that's why I like stuns and debuffs so much.

I remember when I played yugioh I actually choose my decks based on what was the most annoying to fight against. A high level tournament I played with actually told me my decks were the most frustrating things he ever played against.

Maybe that's something we do naturally?
>>
File: 1491264715481.gif (860KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491264715481.gif
860KB, 500x281px
>snowflakes taking this post seriously
>>
>>8504377
>>8504520
>>8504755
>three identical curespammer posts in one thread
>>
>>8504780
>three identical curespammer posts in one thread
He thinks he's playing a healer and he's spamming his shittiest heal.
>>
>I'm a Sion main for 4 seasons
Played ap sion, crit sion, life steal sion, tank sion, lethality sion, and a little bit of rammus and master yi.

Can you guess what I am?
>>
>>8504863
A loser playing bad games?
>>
>>8504863
gay man
>>
>>8504863
Shit, I'm just like Bubba from Forrest Gump, but about sion, top sion, jungle sion, mid sion, sup sion...
>>
>>8504813
kek

but agp is a buff
>>
>>8504866
I'm 19 and studying engineering in a federal (kinda big shit here) college

But hey, how are you?

>>8504872
Nice try!
>>
File: 57951178_p2_master1200.jpg (253KB, 1200x467px) Image search: [Google]
57951178_p2_master1200.jpg
253KB, 1200x467px
>>8504242
Bi MtF love healers
>>
>>8504863
Probs gay.
>ap sion
>>
>>8505034
2 low cd skills with 90% ratio, it was fucked up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=egkjKZcD6lE

And I'm bi
>>
>>8504863
This just pollutes the thread with a stupid guessing the game.

The point is for you to actually share who you are and how you think so other people can relate to you and learn something about then. Not be a fucking attention whore.
>>
>>8504242
Cis ace male. Brawlers or short ranged damage dealers
>>
>>8505050
That's the dark ages.
And what are you attracted to most?
I bet it's 90/10 guys girls.
>>
>>8505067
I'm sorry, m8, I didn't mean to do that

I was just trying to know if there's some kind of stereotype about sion/master/rammus

Do you always act like a bitch over a shitty thread on 4chan?
>>
>>8505077
I've been playing this shit for too long

Yup, something like this, but I'm into femboys/tomboys and it's way more easy to find a cute tomboy than a cute femboy
>>
File: 1460157553931.jpg (51KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1460157553931.jpg
51KB, 500x667px
>>8505081
The stereotype is that anyone who plays league is a massive faggot and you're holding up to that one pretty well I think
>>
cis gay guy

gravitated to support roles first, but now I love playing tanky, front line characters the most. I like being able to initiate fights and soak up all the damage for my teammates. LoL is the only moba I play. Champs like Gnar, Amumu, Sejuani, Maokai are so fun for me c:
>>
>>8505102
Dude, are you on testo?

Just stop being a little cunt

Also, I'm manly as fuck
>>
>>8505096
Ah interesting.

I'm mtf, and I like the casters in lol, specifically the big damage ap mages. Like ryze, syndra, vel'coz ziggs viegar and xerath.
>>
Cis lesbian.

Healers are fun because I like enjoy others and have very low self-worth, so it's nice to play the role everyone needs but nobody really seems to like playing. I like feeling important and vital to the team.

Otherwise, I'm your typical high DPS glass cannon.
>>
File: CGJung.jpg (352KB, 1200x1801px) Image search: [Google]
CGJung.jpg
352KB, 1200x1801px
One thing I have noticed is common to nearly every single post. Is that everyone wants to "help the team". They phrase their liking for certain mechanics because it makes other people satisfied (by helping or protecting them). Almost no one has expressed interest in characters that are exclusively about damage (and the few times someone DID they didn't explain their psychology. So we can't count them. They might have just picked the character not for psychological reasons but for balance reasons or because they were in high demand at their guild). As a matter of fact killing out put has been the least mentioned thing.

So that says something common to our collective psychology.

inb4 a million snow flakes tell us they all play assassins.
>>
>>8505133
>I'm mtf, and I like the casters in lol, specifically the big damage ap mages. Like ryze, syndra, vel'coz ziggs viegar and xerath.

I played a little with syndra, annie and veigar, but I can't play mid...

What server you're from?
>>
>>8505141
Low self steem...
>>
>>8504242
Mtf here
Played a mage in wow until wotlk, then switched to priest.
Always play support in mobas or Lux <3
No real preference in fps games.
>>
mtf bi
i either pick rogues/assassins/fast characters or bulky tanky melee guys

rarely i ever go for ranged types of characters, but if i do it's usually the ranged version of a stealthy one
>>
>>8505153

k, she won't reply, mas se alguém jogar no server br, poste o nick e eu adicionarei amanhã ;3
>>
File: 1480325737759.gif (2MB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1480325737759.gif
2MB, 500x422px
I'm an introverted gay femboy with extreme BDD who is actually a closeted MtF (21, 3 years HRT).

I like playing stealthy, agile, low-defense but high-damage/CC classes like rogues in WoW (currently raiding in a rank ~200 guild as subtlety).

I've tried healing in the past but I didn't really enjoy it because it felt stressful and thankless.

I'm not into many other games, but when I used to play Overwatch I really liked Tracer and Widow.
>>
Straight MtF
I like playing support or spell casters the most. Always end up playing the characters that are in the frontline to win though. I hate playing tanks/melee dps, it's really frustrating when a shit player plays as tank/dps and throws the game
>>
lesbian woman

I played resto druid in wow but also like archer/long range types. Play bard in ffxiv and adc (twitch/cait) in LoL.

Not sure what that means, I think it's because I enjoy the fact that I'm not as responsible for setting up things and my positioning depends on my team's mostly, I feel safer that way idk.
>>
Ftm
League - jungle
MMOs - off tank or melee dps
I like having global presence in PvP. In pve I just want to greed for most DPS.
>>
File: 1480996648577.jpg (203KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480996648577.jpg
203KB, 474x444px
cis lesbian - dps mages, tank hybrid healers (paladin?)
>>
mtf very straight woman and my fav character is mid Evelynn. I suck at all the technical aspects of the game and my only strategy is basically just to kill the other champions as much as I possibly can. It's definitely the most fun part for me too XD
>>
File: 1442237149773.jpg (31KB, 414x389px) Image search: [Google]
1442237149773.jpg
31KB, 414x389px
Vidya discord when?
I would like others to play with.
>>
>>8504323
Based Raka players
>>
>>8504451
dick is my favourite thing in the world yet that fanart turned me on, sheesh

Also do what OP suggested and try to analyze why you prefer those roles. Do you feel like your orientation is connected to the fact that you like playing bulky upfront characters?
>>
File: 1493819249369.png (263KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493819249369.png
263KB, 500x500px
>>8505496
I have shit mechanics, desu. I don't want to feed my ass off and then have my team bitch at me.
Playing tanky champs with 3,000+ health and 100+ armor helps me stay alive longer.
I've been playing LoL for about 2 years now. I've tried all roles, but I have more success with tanks so I stick to what I'm decent with.
I don't think my orientation has anything to do with it; it's more based on my skills in the game.
>>
>>8505442
you should make one anon c:
>>
>>8504242
Cis lesbian. I play whatever the team needs, which usually ends up being healer or tank. Nobody ever seems to want to play those. I personally prefer gankers on MOBAs and ranged DPS in shooters.
>>
>>8505632
By ranged DPS in shooters I mean pharah in overwatch and soldier in tf2. It's just satisfying to land rockets and blow people up.
>>
>>8504242
>Those summoner spells
>Playing ARAM

pathetic
>>
>>8504451
Remember the glory days of Gangplank where Hydra still worked on Parrrley so you could build that and just blow people away
>>
CIS male, gay, crowd control
>>
>>8504242
Bi MtF, healer/support is my favourite role by far.
>>
>>8505141
I've always played DPS because I like seeing the big numbers pop on the screen and experiment with builds and gear for maximum damage output
I don't like glass cannon classes because I want to hold my own in a fight even if I am outnumbered. Plus I think DPS is the most fun role because of mobility and flexibility
>>
>>8504242
Bigendered bisexual here. Im a Mercy main exclusively who rarely plays dps. :)
>>
>>8504242
MtF, bi
I play all the roles/characters, realize none of them are fun, then I realize nothing is fun and consider suicide the rest of the day lmao
>>
>>8504242
Male (I like trap and girl don't know what to call myself)
In moba game I like to play tank and adc the most can't decide.
In fps game I just like all role.
In mmo I like tank the most.
>>
>>8506826
>Male (I like trap and girl don't know what to call myself)
AGP.
>>
>>8506836
Shut up already
>>
>>8506836
The fuck is that
>>
>>8506826
>Male (I like trap and girl don't know what to call myself)
ancap nazi
>>
Bi male

Melee DPS for mmos. Support for FPS. Mage for moba.
>>
cisgay.

I'm the guy who summons a near endless streams of low level minions to do the dirty work for me.
>>
I'm a cis woman (bisexual) and I don't like playing as Healers because it is so stressful and people get mad at you.

I play as dps, even though I'm not good at it. In WoW I played Enhance Shaman.
>>
Trans bisexual male, high-defense magic classes. Nothing more satisfying than tanking five axes to the face and then setting your enemy on fire at close range.
>>
>>8504242
>CIS

Cis is a word not an acronym you fucking mongoloid. You don't need to capitalize every letter.
>>
>>8504242
straight mtf
in mmos, prefer healer or melee dps
in mobas, tank or mage
in fps, i play retard because i suck at those
>>
Hella gay MtF, I play a mostly healers and tanks.

In team games it depends on what's needed and default to support roles if everyone insists on filling, I tend to shy away from any role that has me acting mostly on my own, in mmo's I usually gravitate towards tanks just cause I have a friend who only players healers.
>>
>>8507208

CIS

Charismatic
Independent
Sexy
>>
>>8504242
This is why I don't play multiplayer games or MMOs. Way too stressful in terms of validating my own psychology.
>>
File: 1498412629045.png (158KB, 548x364px) Image search: [Google]
1498412629045.png
158KB, 548x364px
>>8505121
How can you be manly if you play pay to win Korean garbage and not the best character in any form of media ever: Tiny
>>
>>8504242
>playing games all day

your generation is truly a waste of space
>>
>>8507390
>he says as he's into his 16th straight hour of shitposting online
>>
File: maupin-triumph.jpg (43KB, 312x418px) Image search: [Google]
maupin-triumph.jpg
43KB, 312x418px
>>8504242
Male to female trans
Bisexual
Any kind of disruptive play is fun to me. I like to play characters with quick interrupts or the ability to make obstacles. Overwatch for example, I like Mei the most because I can do so much with those walls that obfuscates the other team. In any RPG with the option I take on a social specialization.

For an overall favorite kind of archetype you could say I like "Bard" classes.
>>
>>8504242
cis lesbian couple
I generally do range caster DPS and heals. OP doesn't seem to realize somehow that if you want to get a group together fast, you need to be either a tank or healer, so many regular players pick up at least one of those. Range caster DPS translated better to heals for gear and gameplay, simple as that.
My gf on the other hand is melee DPS all the way and sometimes tanks. She just hates stupid people and gets easily aggravated by bad pugs, whereas I have more patience for idiots and think of it as more of a healing challenge.
>>
Cis pan female
I gravitate towards tanks weirdly enough. I like that irl I'm cute and unassuming but destroy with the meatiest characters in a game.
>>
cis bi female (80% female attracted)

funnily enough my character preference kinda aligns well with my sexuality and the bislut stereotype lol. i'm happy to play any role (dps > tank > support) but i like mobile characters, i like being able zoom in and out of the action at will. i also prefer to play characters that don't really rely on others too much - characters that can separate from the team and flank without dying from lack of support, either with a self heal or being tanky enough to take the punishment. i highly prefer being at close/mid range and basically spamming shots, i hate sniping. i also like characters that are cute girls.
>>
>>8508487
>cis bi female (80% female attracted)
What's your history of relationships and attraction to each sex?
>>
>>8508630
have slept with both, find both equally pleasurable (women are generally better at making me orgasm bc they have insider knowledge, but sometimes i just want to be fucked hard lol). realised i was bi at around 13 but only acted on it and started experimenting with girls at 17/18. now i'd rather be with a female, find them more physically attractive, and although i've never had a super long term relationship my relationships with girls tend to last longer (though might just be due to maturity due to age coinciding with the realisation of my bisexuality as i got older). never cheated, subverting the bislut stereotype.
>>
Bi MTF

Don't play a whole lot of team games (any) so I can't really say for certain, but in the games that I do play that allow to choose a class, I always go with sniper. Being on the front lines or, heaven forbid, in CQC always was just too much for me. If I'm going to fight I want to be clean, far away from blood, and safely hunkered down in the rear.

I've never played a game, as far as I know, where I had the option to be a healer, but I imagine I would pick it if I could. How much of that is because that's my personality style, and how much of that is trying to conform to an archetype of being a girl gamer, I can't say for certain.
>>
>>8508804
Cute. When I see strong preference ratios like that from bi people I tend to assume they're basically straight/gay, like in your case I thought you might be a lesbian who dated a few guys before realizing she likes girls and called that bi, but it wasn't like that at all!
>>
>>8504242
Bi trans female
>team fps
Tactical long range or healer classes
>mmo
Debuff/AOE/DoT/HoT caster
>warframe
Whatever is best suited to the mission at hand, as anyone should
Stealth, CC, tank, healer, DPS, cheese
Whatever
>>
Cis bi girl mostly lesbian
I prefer assault or plain attack roles. Frontliners usually, sometimes tanks. Heavy damage, slow movement speed, usually melee weapons.
>>
>Eunuch

>Support or Medic
>>
>>8504242
Bisexual Transgirl

Always preferred stealth rogue/assassin types (especially in PvP) but generally end up playing heals/tank because I love the attention and the feeling of being needed/indisposable.

Back when Wildstar wasn't retarded I loved a Stalker (stealth/tank), and when I played SWTOR I loved playing an Operative (stealth/heals).

I'm also an exhibitionist, go figure.
>>
>>8507011
Wait what how does one be natsoc and ancap at the sametime this must truly be gay privilege.
>>
Straight MtF
In mobas I like to switch roles from time to time playing different heroes but like 80%+ of the time I tend to play support roles.
When I’m playing solo I’m willing to play a non-support roles a little more, while when I’m with a friend(s), I pick a support almost 100%.
In fps games I like to be either a medic or a marksman (sniper).
In single player games (elderscrolls, fallout, etc) I prefer playing as a sneaky killer that is always crouched and unnoticed and can just x20 dmg kill enemies from behind or from a distance (a bow, silenced sniper rifle).

I haven't really played mmos in the last like 4 years but in the past I played mmos where there were only DPS classes, without supports.
>>
>>8504242
>Straight mtf
I play everything.
I enjoy healing, tanking, and even DPS, in MMOs.

The problem with tanking and dps is mostly that it feels like there's more responsibility. So, when you're not confident in your abilities, it's more tempting to gravitate easier characters (or less gear dependent), like healers. For that reason, I usually start out with healing, until I get a better grasp on the game.
>>
Bi male femboy
I like playing all roles but I typically go for hybrid and stealth characters.
>>
File: 1469801613057.jpg (75KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469801613057.jpg
75KB, 600x450px
>>8504242
Bi MtF

Healers>Range dps>Mdps>Tanks

the exception to this are mmorpgs where I usually main a mdps
>>
File: zarya-screenshot-001.jpg (200KB, 1819x1100px) Image search: [Google]
zarya-screenshot-001.jpg
200KB, 1819x1100px
Gay FtM. I like to play all of the roles, but mostly tanks. I reached Master in Overwatch by playing mostly Roadhog and Zarya. I'm super versatile though, I love playing pretty much all the characters.
>>
>>8513535
>hybrid and stealth

Nobody saw that coming
>>
File: Vanmour.jpg (668KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
Vanmour.jpg
668KB, 1200x777px
Idk if this was HRT or just growing up, but I enjoy video games far less than I used to, and spend less time on them. And the games I do play arent really fast actiony games (other than GUngeon I guess but t b h I suck at that) but more slow casual games. But I used to play more.

Straight(ish) MtF, unsurprisingly I almost always went for healing/support. Medic was most played class in tf2, and when I would play with a childhood friend of mine I'd always be his pocket healer. A guy bought me World of Warccraft once to play with me, and I did the typical thing and went draenei priestess (I didnt know how stereotypical that was at the time). It was good since he was a tank and I was a healer we didnt have to wait for any dungeons. I didnt buy any more months of it tho. I also like non-healing support roles, general buffs and indirect hindrance of enemies and such.

But like I said I pretty much only play new video games if its if I want to spend time with a guy I like t b h
>>
Straight transwoman here and I always play a healer role. Now I'd like to reason it's because I like saving lives at critical moments... I do in a way... but the truth is more eye roll worthy. I really just love the girly cloth armor, of being protected by plate wearers or other dps, and being that gentle mystic goodie twoshoes. I know it's lame but at least I can be honest about it.
>>
>>8504242
>cis bi-scum cuck
shut up
men have faster response times, faster reflexes
in the higher competitive levels men have a biological upperhand when it comes to reflexes

and dont you dare cry "muh oppression". women have better fine motor skills, in sennheiser's factories they employ women to do fine work

why isnt there many female surgeons then? you can blame "oppression" for that
>>
>>8504242
Cis bi male(ish).

I tend to gravitate to supports but not healers in games, especially the kind who focus on heavy debuff and disable. I used to play a frankly embarrassing amount of Lich in Dota 2, and got really damn good at it. Back in the TF2 days of yore though, I played flare gun Pyro, and loved every second of it.

I think a lot of it comes down to being the only person in my particular playgroup who both enjoys and is willing to constantly micromanage wards, keep track of the enemy, and keep my high-off-his-ass carry from dying. I'm absolute trash at actual healers though.

Ironically in most other RPG's I tend to go for really heavy stun or stagger builds, prioritizing range and damage over anything else.

I also play Decapre and Mika in Street Fighter, if that adds anything.
>>
>>8504242
I'm MtF and glass canon is my favorite type of role in RPG or MMORPG. The sort that can blow up the mountain but dies from the drop of the feather, that kind of character.

My second favorite type is melee glass cannon, the sort that jumps in and out of combat while dealing substantial damage and kiting the enemies and CCing them.

My third favorite role is healer/buffer.
>>
Chaser(behavioral/emotional).

My favorite style of play is what I call "yolo melee". Getting as close as possible, not giving them room to breathe and using part of enviremnet etc. . My favorite "class" is musket/rifle+bayonet. I do enjoy playing supports, but only if I know I'll get protection from my team.
>>
Asexual Logistics Conveyance Platform.

I prefer to play alone. That way, I can play at my own pace and not have people yelling at me for picking the incorrect build or blaming me when the team loses. That and my internet was shit for ages, meaning that I couldn't play all the online games I wanted to play.

When I used to play DnD, I'd go with whatever RP idea I had at the time of chargen. Last time, I was a Ranger who was outright plucked from Monster Hunter and only cared about two things. Getting paid and wearing the skins of monsters as armor/a hat.

My next character was going to be a blatant healslut Cleric, to the point of her name being Tulsleah and only really adventuring because her cloister told her that there are more people who need the touch of their goddess outside the cloister than there are inside the cloister. Being the wide-eyed naive glasses-girl she is, she believed them.

The only other idea I had for a character would be a dorf cleric of Odin who doesn't do the "pray to Odin for spells/divine intervention" because his Order takes the view that if you bother Odin with petty shit, he's likely to make it worse for you in an attempt to make you harden the fuck up and deal with your own shit yourself. Think of it like how Crom is portrayed in Conan and you've got the right idea.
>>
Asexual cis male.
I really like playing mages and assassins in most games. As far as league, I main mid playing Ahri, Syndra, Oriana, TF. Secondary I play support, mostly mage supports like Lulu and Nami.
>>
>>8517207
Same on both counts
>>
>>8519213
>Chaser(behavioral/emotional).
???
>>
>>8504295
and you wonder by gender-critical feminists hate you

your entire gender identity is just LARPing out your disgusting sexism against women, by pretending to be sexist stereotypes

disgusting mong
>>
>>8504515
"haha im a girl therefore i cant be a realistic ruff tuff warrior as would be setting appropriate, i have to be LE CUTE GRILL CHAR for le dudes :Ddd im not agp btw"
kill all agps with internalized misogyny when
>>
>>8519655
>caring if feminists hate you for daring to live a life you actually enjoy

You're just like the stormfags screaming DEGENURRRCCYYY in a different voice. Cry me a river.
>>
>>8519708
>live a life you actually enjoy
>by damaging the female cause

sounds to me like you just lack empathy
>>
>>8519725
>>8519677
>>8519655
The entire point of this thread is to psycho-analysis yourself through the choices you make in video games. At least they are doing that, most posts aren't. If you play a tank in video games because you think it 'breaks gender norms' or something than fucking tell us. That would be a lot more productive than screaming about the social justice in Azeroth or the oppression of women on the Summoner's Rift. These are not part of the real world.
>>
>>8504242
This isn't true at all. It's a stereotype invented and promoted on male dominated online communities.
>>
>>8519956
The point of the thread is flawed. It assumes in games with class switching that most men will only level tank and dps, while most women will only level healer and support. If you play FFXIV you know that most people play everything or at least enjoy switching between several different roles. Psychoanalyze yourself all you want but when you put garbage in you'll get garbage out.
>>
>>8507208
>Cis is a word not an acronym
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIS
>>
File: Harame Nui.png (265KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
Harame Nui.png
265KB, 425x600px
>>8519971
No that's how women think. Anyone that plays hetrosexual with women will attest to this.

Support roles are not an evil invention by the patriarchy. They were invented in a time when women didn't even play table top or video games.

I introduced a woman to MMOs and MOBAs once. On her own she naturally gravitated towards the healing and pet classes. She expressed so much interest in the concept of 'healing' when she learned about it that she created a character of every class that could heal in WOW just to find her favorite.

In MOBAs she quickly learned she was not cut out to play the front-line tankier fighter characters, despise that I was practically forcing her to pick them (they were the best meta choice at the time). She expressed interest in Warrick and Riven but was not mentally fit for their mechanics. She was afraid of taking damage even when doing very tanky builds, lacked the courage to initiate fights, and the sense of independence to be a jungler.

Nature designs us to do certain things. The reason CIS hetrosexual women want to out of combat and in supportive roles is because in REAL war the best strategy is to have them at home producing children. A single woman can produce 10 children in her life time which gives you 10 soldiers. That is much more productive than putting her on the battlefield.

CIS hetrosexual like damage or tanking roles because nature designed them to be soldiers. Some of them are meant to be sergeant (guys that feel confident being group leader) others are meant to take orders from the sergeant (guys that don't want to lead).

What are lesbians, gays, and trannies designed for? Well we are still trying to figoure that out ourself =p
>>
>>8520020
thank you
>>8519956
nah i want everyone to play everything and have these filthy sexist stereotype LARPers stop enforcing cancer roles on themselves because they think it makes their LARP more valid.

female isn't a personality trait, trannies don't get this.
you're a person that just happens to be female or you're not, female is not a character trait.
>>
Bi mtf

I play what the team needs but I'm best at utility supports

Has more to do with my ability to think tactfully than self fulfillment
>>
>Straight mtf
Usually play tanks/bruisers in lol becuse im not that good at positioning
>>
>>8519956
>That would be a lot more productive than screaming about the social justice in Azeroth or the oppression of women on the Summoner's Rift.

also lol
>we have to create a fantasy setting where everything is possible and we already break so many historical conceptions because it's fun. but le realism and grittiness xdd only affects women because im a gamergater

top fucking kek
>>
>>8520068
This is an invention in your mind. There is no science to back it up and all the science done on multiplayer games doesn't find these results.

I know heterosexual women that play DPS roles. Now by scientific method argued with anecdotal evidence of equal weight your hypothesis is incorrect. There is no correlation.

You're taking a constructed stereotype created by a very specific community and trying to apply it very broadly to the human species. This is plainly ignorant and wrong.
>>
>>8520092
exactly why should your gender identity have anything to do with what class you play

larpers just want to feel better about themselves it's sad af
>>
>>8520068
>No that's how women think.

t. entitled dudebro
but keep on telling yourself mansplaining doesn't exist right you fragile faggot
>>
>>8520105
They're worse than casuals

I play to win not pretend I'm an anime girl
>>
Does anyone actually really believe that MMOs were designed with thoughtful social input to cater to both sexes and all genders and sexualities specifically with different classes?
That's the most absurd thing I've heard this year and that's including all the political nonsense. You give game designers way too much credit.
>>
>>8520117
i love you already enlightened friendo
>>
>>8520068
Implying evolution is sentient and created soldiers, not just a bunch of bloodthirsty maniacs who ran out of lions to kill
>>
I think the only real work done on sex distinction in online games found women played more normal characters. But men played monsters or the opposite sex more often than women.
>>
>>8519598
I like transgirls, but not because of dickgirl aspect.
>>
>>8520118
The foundation of MMOs was layed before gender ideology was even a thing. The classes are just lifted straight from DnD and other tactical pen and paper games. Tanks exist because the nerds figured out it was useful to have one character hold the frontline, healers exist because dungeons are really fucking long and it was the only way to have enough hit points to make to the 20th floor, damagers exist because when the frontline is held down the wizard and archer can do spend their action points on doing more damage instead of running away from the goblins.

The trinity dynamic happens because it is the most tactically sound.

>>8520102
>>8520110
Anyone who actually plays games and doesn't have ideological glasses on will see that certain genders and orientations fall into patterns. Trying to argue that women do not enjoy playing support roles far more than men do is basically like trying to argue the sun doesn't rise in the morning. We are just instructed to believe the sun rises by the Helio-archy. I know many days where it was too cloudy and I never saw the sun. Besides you haven't conduced a scientific study that measures all sun rises since the dawn of time.
>>
>>8520130
The societies that did not produce soldiers got conquered the ones that did.

Same reason that lions kill other lions. The tribes that never learned to fight got conquered by the one's that did. But I suppose if the lion's had queer theory and feminists they would have probably learned to be hippies?

I think men and women that want to run away from Nature and their genetic programming are going to live sad, miserable lives, you are essentially fighting with yourself. If you're meant to be masculine, be masculine, if you're meant to be feminine be feminine, if you are meant to be something in between be something in between. If you like playing video games a certain way do that.
>>
>>8520169
Anyone that understands these things knows you will see the patterns you look for or the patterns you expect. Your own observation is partially also a psychological phenomenon.

You prefer to believe this nonsense probably because it confirms and goes well with some other belief you have. Unfortunately belief isn't fact so you can believe all you like but you're not saying anything new or important.
>>
>>8520169
DnD isn't a role based game at all. The trinity design opposes DnD by assigning specific roles whereas in DnD the cleric (healer) does DPS but can also heal and provides lots of utility too.
>>
>>8520169
>>8520220
Also I forgot to mention but the cleric (healer) can also tank sometimes better than any other class.
>>
Gay male. I prefer classes or roles based on harassment and/or mobility. In Tribes: Ascend I preferred to play capper or flag carrier interceptor. In DotA2 I liked Invoker and Visage.

In single player RPGs I gravitate towards Thief or Mage archetypes, especially combinations thereof.
>>
>>8520220

>DnD isn't a role based game at all
Roles naturally emerge the moment you have any sort of tactical combat. Whether you control 1 unit (in an MMO, Moba, or DnD) or the whole team (crpgs, army vs army games).

If a cleric happens to choose some offensive or utility spells it doesn't mean they are not in the healer role, it means they are several roles at once.

The tank/damage/support is one of the best tactics which is why it used in fucking everything. Even real world armies use it Put the literal tank in the front line, put the squishy soldiers behind the tank so they are protected. Tanks protect soldiers, soldiers kill the guy with a bazooka (bazooka units are basically tank-killers). Have a field medic way and a mechanic out of the combat zone to patch up people and tanks.
>>
>>8520169
>Besides you haven't conduced a scientific study
Have you? You're just another edgy contrarian in the form of an alt-right ideologue. Or perhaps you're just a sexist, don't know.
>>
>>8504242
I'm just a dude, I don't belong here, but maybe you still want my opinion for comparison?
I like playing tanks or other characters that are hard to kill, due to mobility, range, CC, etc.
I really like helping my allies accomplish goals.
>>
>>8520280
>desire to give blowjob while bf tank runs the dungeon then show up at the end to dish out heals intensifies
Maybe I should have gone with that tank who wanted to move me to Cali while he divorced his wife. Dammitall.
>>
>>8520264
No they do not. The way DnD is designed has every character play the role of a soldier with a certain skill set. The skill sets aren't isolated so that roles emerge as they are prescribed by the trinity.

The trinity is a fairly recent design philosophy that does not take root in DnD. A fighter does not hold aggro and a rogue doesn't necessarily have more damage output than a fighter. In many cases spell casting classes including cleric (healer) has much higher dps.

Likewise there are alternative methods of healing and some classes have access to magical healing as well. This means that a bard (utility) or ranger (dps) could easily fill the role of a healer at a moment's notice. The trinity is an entirely different type of game type that has more in common with rock-paper-scissor than it does with DnD.

Not even real armies use the trinity design. It has no real world basis at all, the presence of defense does not either support or refute evidence for the trinity game design being used in real life. You even mention tanks which have both high defense and high dps which violates your hypothesis. Trinity is an extremely simplistic and unimaginative design philosophy that does not encapsulate all tactics, specialties, or combination thereof. It's literally just rock-paper-scissors the RPG.
>>
>>8520324
>Trinity is an extremely simplistic and unimaginative design philosophy that does not encapsulate all tactics, specialties, or combination thereof. It's literally just rock-paper-scissors the RPG

Yes. My point, which I did not articulate clearly, is that there are already tanks, damagers, healers, and many other roles (the guy who does all the speech checks, the guy who is really good at checking for traps). It's just more dynamic. Everyone is a hybrid, they can do multiple roles but some roles they do better at. In addition no role can be done so cleanly. "Healers" do more than heal and a "tank" is something which everything the room is magnetically attracted to.

Essentially MMO tactics are dumbed down versions of REAL tactics.

They do make superior case studies for psycho-analysis though. Because they are tactically void people are more likely to make choices based on psychological-preference.
>>
>>8520374
I think that the realistic hybrid role is actually a refutation of trinity as anything else but a simplistic design construction. The real world doesn't do tanking even tho you have tanks there's no real relation between the two. Historically war tactics include roles such as infantry, ranged, cavalry, phalanx, siege. Those aren't represented like that in that niche of games because those games aren't based on any historical understanding of warfare.

It's nonsense to even suggest the two things have anything to do with each other. If you actually believe they do then it might be time for you to turn off your computer and go outside.
>>
>>8520374
>Essentially MMO tactics are dumbed down versions of REAL tactics.
just no
>>
Most doctors are men, most surgeons are men too.
>>
>>8520500
But women graduate more than men how is that possiburu?
>>
>>8520467
There are loose and hard definations of roles. That's what I'm getting at. "Role" essentially is a short summary of what is expected out of an individual. MMOs have simple rolls because every character is specialized to do only one or two things. More tactical games have units that are expected to juggle multiple tasks. And real life even more so. Hell the real life soldiers even have roles outside of the battlefield, they might have a 'role' as a father or as a shit-poster on 4chan.
>>
>>8520509
Maybe they graduate as professional MMO healers.
>>
>>8520512
Except that the role rapidly changes in real life warfare. A unity changes formation, drives or holds or retreats. Engaging turns every unit into a dps.

There also isn't anything anyone can do if you're stabbed in the gut on a battlefield. There are no cure spells and certainly not anything with infinite resources on a short 1 or 2 second cool down. It's ludicrous to even compare the two things.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.