[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What philosophy do you read? I think being Dinyioisian is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

File: Nietzsche.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
What philosophy do you read?

I think being Dinyioisian is a little more accessible if you're a gay man.
>>
egoism forever and ever
amen
(although epicureanism is great too)
>>
That greek guy who lived with dogs and yelled at people
>>
File: Mens-Thick-Hairstyles.jpg (26KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
Mens-Thick-Hairstyles.jpg
26KB, 500x681px
>>8502203
>Nietzsche
Every time someone mentions this dude, they act like highly educated douche nozzles when they are actually just throwing out a name of a guy they may or may not have read.

Oh, and this thread has nothing to do with homosexuality.

>mfw
>>
>>8502250
This is an LGBT board and all that encompasses it, not /homo/.
Also, you should seek help to get over the N trigger word.
>>
>>8502261
Literally everyone has read Nietzsche. You aren't special.

And no, this has nothing to do with homosexuality.
>>
File: 1423700239979.jpg (56KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
1423700239979.jpg
56KB, 600x678px
>>8502203
Nitzche is my nigga.

Alexis De Tocuville is nice too and pretty cute. Democracy in America was pretty long but a good read.

Ludwig Von Misies is probably one of my favorite political philosophers.

Robert Nozik's Anarchy State and Utopia is also one of my favorites.

mtf btw.
>>
>>8502314
No one is claiming reading him makes you special but you though
And yes, philosophy has a lot to due with living so in turn /lgbt/.
>herpaderpa why can't all threads revolve around meeeeeee

>>8502455
Yes @ LVM. So good.
>>
>>8502314
You seem to be against the idea of people liking Nitzsche or having even read him at all.
>>
>>8502203
I only read Diogenes!
>>
I'm partial to Satre.
>>
File: 1396325196271.jpg (759KB, 900x2566px) Image search: [Google]
1396325196271.jpg
759KB, 900x2566px
Everyone knows /tttt/ only reads witgenstein.
>>
>>8502529
*Sartre
>>
>>8502203
Zerzan, Stallman.and the Dalai Lama.
>>
>>8502486
>Nitzsche

Philosophy is a waste of time.
"Oooh, I'm a nihilist!"
Yeah, no one cares.

Why is this on /lgbt/?
>>
>>8502551
>still being triggered
did you run out of skittles today
>>
>>8502555
not everyone on here is trans
>>
File: tourn battle-SSF2 - anal psychos.png (124KB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tourn battle-SSF2 - anal psychos.png
124KB, 1500x600px
>>8502261
>>8502480
>>8502486
Nietzsche wasn't even a philosopher, he was a psychoanalyst.
>>
>>8502574
You're retarded
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
>>
>>8502572
Sure act like it.
>>
File: no-u.jpg (22KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
no-u.jpg
22KB, 320x288px
>>8502605
>>
OP here.

The point of the thread is to actually discuss what philosophers had to say within the context of being gay or lesbian or whatever.

That's why I throw out Nietzche's concept of Diyionious, gays are good at spontaneous high emotions.
>>
>>8502675
>gays are good at spontaneous high emotions
>>
>>8502480
Oh, well in that case anything at all can be posted here, because gays exist, and other things exist too.

>>8502551
My exact question.

>>8502486
Read whatever the fuck you want, but citing Nietzsche is like someone saying "Oh! I love classical music! Like....Beethoven...and stuff".

It's the most obvious, go to name, and Nietzsche was just an emo douche. What I'm saying is, people who don't know much about philosophy, always mention how much they like Nietzsche, and bring him up whenever possible.
>>
>>8502760
>Oh, well in that case anything at all can be posted here
Which is what happens, have you been paying attention? Or do you lose all sense of sight when you throw a tantrum?
>>
>>8502551
Nihilism isn't just about saying everything's meaningless and nothing matters. It's more about questioning the meanings that others have assigned to things, and deciding for yourself what meanings things have based on what makes sense to you.
>>
>>8502760
This is pure hipsterism. Nietzsche and Beethoven are well known and often discussed in their respective fields preciously because of their great talent and massive contribution. It's actually the reverse, if you hate the giants of the field it would call into question whether you really appreciate it all.
>>
>>8502802
>expecting people to understand nihilism (or anything nieto brings up) when their major criticism of nietzsche is that he's popular
>>
>>8502604
No, U.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Rank
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Adler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenka_Zupan%C4%8Di%C4%8D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_van_Deurzen
>>
File: SmugAnimeWhores.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
SmugAnimeWhores.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>8502760

> What I'm saying is, people who don't know much about philosophy, always mention how much they like Nietzsche, and bring him up whenever possible.

I would agree that Nietzsche is one of the most important philosophers there is to read, and that reading him doesn't make someone special so much as it makes someone vaguely interested in philosophy.

But it's also pretty fucking clear you haven't read him and are trying to pretend you have.

To use your example of classical music, saying something like this:

>It's the most obvious, go to name, and Nietzsche was just an emo douche

Is kind of like saying 'Oh beethoven is so fucking shit. You're not special for liking him, everyone fucking listens to him and guess what, he had really shitty vocals'.

Nietzsche's work was characterised by his expressing continuously his love of life and the cheerful, optimistic manner he went about expressing his ideas.

Which you really should know, because EVERYONE with even a vague interest in philosophy has read Nietzsche.
>>
>>8502785
>Implies someone is having a tantrum when they call out your stupid bs.

I only see one tantrum here, princess. And no, other threads are gay related. Or trans, or you know... SOMETHING IN THE FUCKING LGBT ACRONYM.
>>
>>8502932
>I only see one tantrum here, princess
>or you know... SOMETHING IN THE FUCKING LGBT ACRONYM.
:thinks:
>>
>>8502574
I think certain traditions don't consider him a philosopher, namely analytic departments.
>>
I like Machiavellian types of literature when I get into philosophy.
>>
>>8502935
Keep thinking.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 191x264px
Mainly works on ethics, specifically regarding agential action (wink vs. blink)
>>
File: IMG_0674.jpg (138KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
138KB, 800x1205px
>>8502203
>>
>>8502946
>(((Machiavellian)))

Come up to my level
>>
>>8502941
The entire analytic school was a huge reaction to Nietzsche making fun of the Anglos. You know those threads were someone gets angry and rants about it in green text. Imagine one of those threads going on for 40 years.

Some of the events in their school are really telling, like how Russel devoted an entire chapter in his most famous book to a fan-fiction in which the creator of the universe and Buddha each shake their fingers at Nietzsche and tell him to not be such a bully.
>>
>>8502990
Nice, nice. I've read 48 Laws twice over and I have annotations in my favorite chapter.
>>
>>8502203
>philosophy
ew
>>
>>8503048
>philosophy
it's a walk on the slippery rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl3bdE3YQA
>>
>>8502802
What's the difference between nihilism and existentialism?
>>
>>8503169
rejection of principles v free agent
>>
>>8502203
Isn't the Apollonian "route" more in line with male homosexuality?
>>
File: 1475633964193-1024x752.jpg (216KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
1475633964193-1024x752.jpg
216KB, 1024x752px
>>8502237
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes
>>
>>8503169
Nihilism: understanding there is probably no fundamental, intrinsic meaning to existence. (Kind of anti-thiest in nature)

Existentialism: filling the gap with your own meaning while your alive. (Not the same as just making it up, coming to a conclusion through your experience and knowledge)

Or that's atleast my take.
>>
>>8503185
It's not a question of choosing one or another. They enhance each other and really strong thinking is done both in tandem (like the Greek tragedies he talks about).

I am curious how you think homosexuality is more accessible to Apollonian thinking. Could you elaborate?

>>8503371
>>8503169
Trying to comprehend philosophy through putting everything into neat little boxes and categories gets you nowhere. Nietzsche doesn't even use the word "existential". You won't understand him or anyone else if you try to view them through shallow, simple little labels. You need to actually read the text or not bother at all.
>>
>>8503416
I was speaking more in line with historical trends because, and I can't for the life of me remember who, someone once equated the Apollonian course as being the source of Athen's achievements. They then linked this to the Athenian social structure which seemed to promote those with homosexual leanings (even women) to being given acknowledgement.
>>
>>8503751
Athens'* sorry
>>
>>8503416
>Trying to comprehend philosophy through putting everything into neat little boxes and categories gets you nowhere.

I know, that's why I put that it's my own take, I was just being general from my own understanding. (Which is admittedly not great).
>>
>>8503779
In any case it's far better to be general and encourage the person to read than to give them your detailed interpretation as a silver spoon.
So you did alright bitch.
>>
>>8503371
Is it possible to be nihilist while still believing in a deity or afterlife? From what I understand there are various forms of nihilism such as existential and moral (the latter of which sounds the closest to my own beliefs).
>>
>>8503907
nihilism in the most direct sense of the word does not exist. Everyone beleives in some value (if nothing else staying alive for the next day). What people say when they use the word nihilism is a very poor and unsatisfying value. So yes you can believe in a deity and be nihilistic.

Hell Nietzsche say Christianity as borderline nihilistic itself. He saw it as devalueing the real world in exchange for valuing the afterlife (man is 'fallen' and is redeemed shortly after his death and union with god). Everyone, Christian or not, has absorbed this system of providing a negative value to the earth. For instance the idea that the world is 'filled with evil'. After the death of God, when a strong faith in an afterlife and a loving creator deity became something no one can no longer believe firmly, the value system becomes unstable. We still have a negative value of the earth but can't believe in the after-life as a payoff. So we are stuck with only negative value.

That's the nihilism he warned about. He believed people would try to escape this by turning off their brain, apathy, and feeble distracting forms of pleasure. Consider the person who plays video games all day and says he barely gets any enjoyment from it.
>>
>>8503907
Yes in the sense that you believe in its existence, not in the religious principles that its believers have created for you to follow.
Although you'll probably be heading into existentialism if you expand on that belief of existence.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.