[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bearer of the curse, seek estrogen. Larger, more powerful, estrogen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 22

File: Shannalot.jpg (219KB, 772x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Shannalot.jpg
219KB, 772x1400px
Bearer of the curse, seek estrogen. Larger, more powerful, estrogen. Seek the pills, that is the only way. Lest this board swallow you whole, as it has so many others.
>>
>>8501430

But where should I seek this to avoid the fate of so many others?
>>
>>8480444
>>8462257
You can ask here.
>>
>Bearer seek seek lest
Whatever you say, lady.
>>
>>8501482
Bearer of the curse, seek therapy.
For therapy will lead you to greater, stronger skittles.
You will never meet the Queen with blood so thin and pallid.
>>
>>8501430
I was just playing SOTFS today and I was reminded of how truly crap it is. I love it, but good lord what a fucking mess.
>>
>>8501511
2 is a very good game fight me
>>
>>8501511
2 is the best souls game. All weapons are viable to use, the pvp is the most fun and balanced and it has the best DLC in the series with a lot of the best bosses
>>
>>8501430
How can I remove the curse?
>>
>>8501530
Stop with all this bait. Yes, pvp and weapon variety is great, but SOFTS was an attempt at fixing the shittiest souls game ever made. Environment transitions make no fucking sense, difficulty was artificial as fuck ("let's throw a thousand enemies at you and let's see if you're lucky enough to survive!" ) and overall it didn't really feel like a souls game. There was a lot of shit, but little of said shit was memorable. The DLCs weren't bad but that's because the director could actually do his thing instead of trying to salvage a fucked up project like DS2 vanilla was.
>>
>>8501530
>implying any of the crown dlcs are better than artorias of the abyss
>implying any of the crown dlcs are better than the old hunters

Dark Souls 2 is shit
>>
>>8501592
Those who come to Legbutt seeking salvation soon lose hope, and turn Repressed.
It happens to most of them, sooner or later.
That Cure Anonette at the top of the catalog… Her spirit is already broken.
Perhaps she is a foreshadowing of your own future?

The sign you bear will drain your very will to live…
And without it, you will turn Repressed.
Stay strong, do not lose hope.
Even when you have precious little time.

You, who seeks the skittles, you, who bear the curse…
Once you transition and leave, trolls will flourish anew, and all of this will play out again with new vulnerable victims.
It is your choice…To embrace, or renounce this…
Great Sovereign, take your pills.
What lies ahead, only you can see.
>>
Best thread on /lgbt/ ever, I love you Anon.
>>
>>8501628
>environment transitions don't make sense
> artificial difficulty
I disagree with both of those, actually. So why should I think DS2 is bad? You don't have any other arguments except that it doesn't "feel like a souls game", which I honestly don't care about
>>
Letter and favorite Souls game

MtF

Scholar is my favorite. 1 is amazing but has aged very, very poorly (Seriously go play it and you'll see) and 3 was kind of a same-y fanservice-y homogenized slog.

Scholar's environments are all very memorable, weapons are fun and balanced, powerstancing is way better than weapon arts, the bosses are my favorite in the series, and all that amazing DLC content. Game's not without its problems (It's a mess in some areas) but I think overall that game provided me with way more entertainment than 1 or 3 did.

Also, I think 2 is the best co-op experience, as long as you use the co-op ring.
>>
>>8501430
>no qt transbian gf to play and talk about the lore of dark souls 2 sotfs all night with
>>
>>8501938
b and not sure between 1 or 3
I memorized 1. I picked it up recently and could still parry every enemy no problem. It has aged, especially now that I have a huge monitor and can see all the terrible graphics. Doing a blind playthrough of 3 right now and I LOVE the call backs to the old souls. The world is cool enough and the upgrade system seems okay. Magic is janky and I haven't done much with it asides from my only sorcerer character.
2 has soul memory which is garbage shit and I never bothered with co-op in it. The Vanquisher covenant was hype as shit though. Haven't played sfhthfhs edition.
>>
>>8501938
>Seriously go play it and you'll see

I marathoned all the souls game (including bloodborne) last month

Dark Souls 1 is still incredible to play from start to finish with lost izalith and bed of chaos being the only lackluster part of the game.

Dark Souls 2 is decent, fun at times, incredibly shitty at other times, but is clearly not on the same level as any of the other games.

>Scholar's environments are all very memorable
>the bosses are my favorite in the series
>all that amazing DLC content
Have you even played the other games?
>>
>>8501963
Standard 2 is kind of bad, Scholar fixed most of its issues. Co-op is easy with the ring they added for it, massively increases the level range you can summon your buddies from and I -think- it removes the soul memory limit from them? Don't quote me on that, but I remember never once having soul memory be an issue while I co-oped through it even though we would play solo sometimes.
>>
>>8501976
Yep. I can recount most of the areas in 1, almost every area in Scholar, and basically none of 3.

Played through 3 twice and it felt like such a blurry chore of cathedral after cathedral after graveyard after cathedral. Why people dickride 3 so hard is beyond me. It was okay, but I felt like it was easily the weakest in the series.
>>
>>8501987
The atmosphere, characters, environments, enemies, level design, music, and gameplay feel in 2 is dramatically behind compared to demon's souls, dark souls and bloodborne.

3 is the closest in quality to 2 but is still the superior game in every category I just mentioned. Dark Souls 2 is a longer game with more weapon, spell, and item variety, and is clearly a case where they thought shoving in as much shit as possible would make up for the glaring fundamental weaknesses in the game's design.

Dark Souls 3 feels like a lesser sequel to dark souls 1. Dark Souls 2 feels like a completely different game the same way nioh feels like a different game.
>>
>>8502016
Dark Souls 2 was trying to expand on things that we had already seen and take them into a new direction. 3 was generally more of the same, except watered down.

I'd take 2 over 3 any day.
>>
File: 1494483969493.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494483969493.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>>8502026
>>8502016
I agree with you guys about the new direction thing with 2.
But mechanically, 3 is the most refined.
>>
>>8502032
As a Scholarfag, I can agree that 3 felt the most "Refined" - To the point of it being sterile. In what was an attempt at refinement ended up feeling like a total lack of creativity or interesting design.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't agree, but it just felt so homogenous and droll.
>>
>>8502054
>3 shows a lack of creativity or interesting design
>2 is my favorite souls game

How is this even fucking possible
>>
>>8502058
For all its' flaws, 2 DID have the most varied and interesting settings. Sure, they didn't make sense sometimes, but at least they were visually and aesthetically interesting instead of just being another cathedral or sewer.
>>
File: you.png (197KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
197KB, 722x525px
ITT: Nobody is trutrans™ enough to realize that Demon's Souls is the point where the series peaked in quality.
>>
>>8502089
DeS hasn't aged amazingly. It is a very, very clunky and obtuse game, and not always in a good way.

That said, it did have the best level aesthetic design in the series. Tower of Latria is a gem.
>>
>>8502070
>Things Betwixt
>Majula
>Forest of Fallen Giants
>Heide's Tower of Flame
>No Man's Wharf
>Lost Bastille
>Belfry Luna/Sol
>Huntman's Copse
>Harvest Valley
>Earthen Peak
>Iron Keep
>Grave of Saints
>The Pit
>The Gutter
>Black Gulch
>Shaded Woods
>Door of Pharros
>Brightstone Cave Tseldora
>Drangleic Castle
>Shrine of Amana
>Undead Crypt
>Aldia's Keep
>Dragon Aerie

Not a single one of these are notable or interesting whatsofuckingever. The most interesting area was probably the dragon memories because you got to see a different perspective on ash lake. None of those areas are new or memorable, they suck thematically, graphically, and from a level design perspective. Many of Dark Souls 3's levels aren't that great but they are still presented far better aesthetically and in terms of experiencing them in gameplay.

Nothing in either game touches the variety and originality of demon's souls or the complexity and beauty of the levels of bloodborne. Dark Souls interconnected world shits on everything else because it makes each level part of a larger whole as well.
>>
File: 1495221121752.png (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495221121752.png
88KB, 500x375px
>>8502102
>Not a single one of these are notable or interesting whatsofuckingever.

I disagree
>>
>>8502112
Be specific then
>>
>>8502096
It also has the best variety when it comes to bosses. They aren't all great (cough... fucking Dragon God!) but at least they're all different.
DS bosses on the other hand are pretty much all the same and estus is a shit system compared to grass and blood vials.
>>
why is dark souls tranny vidya
>>
>>8502121
>taking girl pills is taking the easy way in life
>dark souls is an easy game
figures if you ask me
>>
File: f this shit.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f this shit.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
>>8502102
>>8502112
I remember all of them. I like the Gutter as a good blight town. Doors of Pharros was a cool if annoying puzzle area.
The Dragon Aerie was cool as shit, not doubt about it. So was the wizard castle that had all the caged creatures.
My biggest problem with DS2 is that the world made no sense at all in a spatial sense. In 1 you could see off into the distance, there is a castle up there. There is a dark swamp down there. And then you could walk through half the game getting to it, looking back to where you started every now and then. DS 2 was, well...
>I'm going to take an elevator from a mountain up into the sky and come out into lava lake land
>>
>>8502102
>Not a single one of these are notable or interesting whatsofuckingever.

Not that anon, I understand it's subjective but some of them do a really great job both visually and at complexity, like the Lost Bastille, to make an example, probabilly the best built Dark Souls 2 area along with the Forest of the Fallen Giants (Every Dark Souls has the best areas as the best one in level design)

>The most interesting area was probably the dragon memories because you got to see a different perspective on ash lake.
...Actually that's the Age of the Acient, during/after the War on Dragons, they are memories for a reason.
>>
>>8502121
Idk. It seems like the opposite of video games that I like to play, it's way too masculine and violent....
>>
>>8502136
AGP
>>
>>8501430
I like the way you call it a curse.
But no, I'm not going to trap myself.
>>
>>8502143

>>8501672
>>
>>8502136
>it's way too masculine and violent....
Just like the kind of boyfriend I want!
>>
File: bh.png (132KB, 335x307px) Image search: [Google]
bh.png
132KB, 335x307px
>>8502115
Sure.

>Things Betwixt
A really interesting and enthralling start to the game. Rather than a dank prison cell, you start off somewhere mystical and thematically different than anything you saw in Dark Souls 1.

>Majula
Literally the comfiest area in any Souls game, hands down. I loved coming back here, it felt like home.

>Forest of Fallen Giants
This was whatever. Not bad, felt like a filler though.

>Heide's Tower of Flame
Loved this to pieces. The enemies are huge and imposing, yet you can take them on as soon as you start the game. There's some really good shit and I loved how the structures in the area felt. I have no clue why not-ornstien needed to be shoehorned in here, though.

>No Man's Wharf
Another one of my favorites. Dark and spooky seaset shantytown with a viking theme. It felt like a better version of the township areas in 3. I wish that there was more emphasis on torch usage, though, but this is a complaint I have about the whole game.

>Lost Bastille
Not bad, not my favorite. The lower areas were neat and there was a shitload of branching paths here, easy to get lost. I always like that.

>Belfry Luna/Sol
Fuck yes. My favorite PvP areas in any Souls game. I've spent more hours at Luna than I should have.

>Huntman's Copse
I'm torn on this area. It was probably the slog-iest area in the game, but at least it was very pretty for a forest. I enjoyed it more than the forest areas in 1.

>Harvest Valley
Another "Whatever" area. I didn't hate it, it was just kind of mediocre.

>Earthen Peak
See above. This was the weakest part of the game.

>Iron Keep
Getting good again. I quite enjoyed this, even if it kind of looked pretty ugly in some areas. It was fun to go through though.

>The Gutter
A more frustrating Blight Town. I liked Blight Town more. This area didn't really make any sense and was kind of just there to have the token "Shitty dark frustrating part that everyone hated".

>Black Gulch
The Rotten is such a cool fucking boss. (1/2)
>>
>>8502149
Cureanon isn't female, and I support him.

I'm not going to fall for bitterhon lies.
>>
>>8501905
I made two points and you didn't even say why you disagree with them or proven the contrary, so you're the one who doesn't have arguments as to why the transitions make sense or the difficulty isn't artificial, aside from "I disagree".
>>
File: reversal.png (56KB, 305x505px) Image search: [Google]
reversal.png
56KB, 305x505px
>>8502121
It's called Fashion Souls for a reason, duh.
>>
>>8502102
(2/2)
>Black Gulch
I loved the enemy design here, I liked the poison-spitters and the giant dudes underneath the area. My only complaint is that this area wasn't long enough. And as I said before, the Rotten was so cool.

>Shaded Woods
Another filler-y area that didn't get that much of my attention. The scorpions and lions were here, and I liked those both a lot, and the side-story with Najka and her ex-lover were a neat use of that ring.

>Door of Pharros
I fucking LOVE the rat covenant. Some of the most fun I've had in this series was being a dickbag ratfucker. Mastodons are cool enemies, too. This whole area was so much fun.

>Brightstone Cave Tseldora
This was another one of those areas I really enjoyed aesthetically. The spiders felt like actual creatures that moved around and were pretty unsettling to be near. Fuck the sorcerers here, though.

Ornifex also lives here and she's the best waifu in the series.

>Drangleic Castle
It was good for what it was. Very traditionally "Souls", but the layout didn't make a lot of sense sometimes. Some really interesting fights in here though, I loved the dual dragonrider fight.

>Shrine of Amana
This was the water-y area, right? I didn't remember the name but I remember this being one of the most visually interesting areas in the game. It was gorgeous. I recall enemies here being assholes, though.

>Aldia's Keep
I liked this part, but visually it was kind of lacking. The whole place should have been way more detailed, but >consoles

>Dragon Aerie
Gorgeous areas, did not really care for the gameplay here though. For such a prolific part of the game I felt it was one of the weakest.
>>
File: 1365630249272.jpg (45KB, 450x415px) Image search: [Google]
1365630249272.jpg
45KB, 450x415px
>>8501430
Stronger estrogen? That would be equilin.

Not sure how you'd ever get it purified out of the commonly available form.

Supposedly equilenin is unusually easily synthesizable, but I don't know if that extends to equilin.
>>
>>8502208
How much did Tanimura paid you? This autistic shilling is not even funny anymore.
>>
>>8502235
>I like thing!
>"Explain why you like thing, then"
>Sure, here's why I like thing in detail
>"Wow what an autistic shill for explaining why they like thing"

You're a faggot.
>>
>>8502248
I'm the person who asked you to explain, not them.
>>
File: 1498314230889.gif (100KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498314230889.gif
100KB, 374x400px
>>8502248
At least im a faggot with a superior taste in videogames:^)
>>
>>8502311
Sure, keep posting pictures of underage anime girls and telling yourself that without providing reasonable refutation. Everyone will think you're really cool and superior.
>>
File: 1237217273266.jpg (30KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1237217273266.jpg
30KB, 400x270px
>>8502324
I dont need other people to encourage me, i have healthy self confidence:^)
>>
File: 1498178016165.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1498178016165.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>8502384
More like delusional self-importance
>>
>>8502389
>someone points out you look like aspergers kiddie who discovered vidyas two days ago
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU SURELY A WEAK WILLED, DELUDED, MENTALLY ILL FAGGOT FOR NOT LIKING THE SAME THING AS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
>>
File: 1466162092808.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1466162092808.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>8502416
Calm down.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 199x253px
>>8502432
Do you have something else to say? It really looks like you just ran out of arguments:^)
>>
>>8502176
>tfw you will never behave like a sullen brooding goddess
>>
File: ln2JBsX.jpg (63KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
ln2JBsX.jpg
63KB, 626x348px
And why did i expected something thoughtful from DS2 player? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>8502526
Shut up and wear your ring Gwyndolin
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
JUST FUCKING LET ME IN

PLEASE

PLEASE JUST OPEN THE COFFIN

DONT MAKE ME LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE
>>
>>8502553
Oh snap I totally forgot about this thing I guess this explains the Dark Souls/Tranny connection
>>
>>8502553
>This coffin doesn't exist IRL
>Proof that there is no loving god
>>
>>8502582
It exists. It's in a secret area, guarded by a bunch of ogres.
>>
>>8502553
Why did you have to remind me this coffin doesn't exist irl :(
>>
>>8502553
>>8502571
Explain for someone who doesn't play tranny souls.
>>
>>8502625
It allows you to change your character gender
>>
>>8502625
It's a secret area hidden off of the first part of the game. If you climb into the washed-up coffin, your character will come out as the opposite gender.

Same general looks, just gender swapped. It's pretty cool going in as a male character and going "Oh, that's what they'd look like as a girl."
>>
File: blood.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
It took me 10 days to get platinum in one of the easiest games in the history of gaming franchises. Seriously each area following the "chosen hunter" and his excessively buffed weapons from assorted game locations as he fights brainless enemies has been less engaging than the last. Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging mobs and allowing you to run through all of them without any combative motivation thoughout the entire game. All to make the difficult feel easy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when From Software voted to make the game a PS4 exclusive; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the souls series. Bloodborne might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the normalfag game in its refusal of challenge, skill and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the Dark Souls games were good though
"No!"
The enemies were easy; the bosses were unfairly hard. As I played, I noticed that every time a enemy went for an attack, he spent an unrealistic amount of time telegraphing an attack.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every second the enemy stretched his arm back. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope a several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyazaki's mind is so governed by outdated game design philosophies that he has no other style of challenge. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dark Souls by the same Kevin-V from Gamespot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Bloodborne at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play the Star Wars Jedi Knight." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Bloodborne" you are, in fact, trained to play Jedi Academy.
>>
File: 1296185628291.jpg (140KB, 1024x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1296185628291.jpg
140KB, 1024x1007px
>>8502973
Nice pasta
>>
File: 061 - n80zY5R.jpg (2MB, 2076x3818px) Image search: [Google]
061 - n80zY5R.jpg
2MB, 2076x3818px
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2
The rest of the series isn't worth replaying.
>>
File: 1498539993520.jpg (1MB, 2709x1917px) Image search: [Google]
1498539993520.jpg
1MB, 2709x1917px
>>8501977
>coop is easy with the ring they added
DaS2 is literally the hardest game to coop thanks to fucking Soul Memory. Unless you're constantly fucking about with the agape ring to keep your SM around the same point you're going to get pushed out of range.

DaS2 is a fucking mess thanks to the incredibly fucked up development process it had. It had some nice ideas and the DLC was quite fun, but on the whole its a goddamn extravaganza of bad level design and lackluster boss battles.
>>
>>8503132
So close yet so far.
This is the real power-ranking
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls III > Dark Souls II
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.